Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 201082 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D1: 13/13]
« Reply #615 on: August 21, 2013, 09:40:31 am »

Tiruin:The day end was horribly timed for me, I literally made my final post of the day and walked out the door before the page finished loading after clicking "post", already late and frantic, and was driving for the rest of the day. I had to make a judgement call right then and there, and I couldn't sit on the sidelines or the vote could be tied. I brought up lurkertracker and looked at leaf's posts, Irony's, and toony's late ones, and I couldn't build a case on the spot, and I did get some evidence that at the time I thought was townie evidence. so I made that last post and bolted for the door.

unvote: I have reviewed Leafsnail's posts, and he seems quite town to me. I still have no case.
Tiruin: I'm in the same boat as ZU i'm afraid. If the options weren't two almost-certainly-townies or you, i'd be voting someone else, but with the current lynch possibilities, I don't have much choice here.
But out of all people..I had trusted in you. Sure, suspicion goes on when I saw the triple unvote and your label of priorities there..but here? 'Much choice'?

Lenglon: "So you've got major suspects..and fall for the one that is 'on a likely basis' compared to those you marked as scum?"
I don't really want to be voting for NQT right now, but I'm looking at the day end rapidly approaching and I really don't want a 3-way tie. Of the three up for lynch - You, NQT, Leafsnail - He is the most viable.

I agree with you that Toaster is likely scum, but I don't see a lynch forming on him during the last few hours of the day as likely. otherwise I'd be voting him right now.

...Alright, I'm really taking too many things personal now. What I did in trying to be honest was stupid. I am stupid. Whatever.

Check the weather for me, would you? This is a serious issue.
"of all the weird... ok, now I need to... I mean, I should.... or how can I.... ugh"
Unvote
"I need to be voteing for anyone but NQT right now, we can't afford to have him lynched. I don't know if he really is a cop, but his interactions with toaster following that post he linked does match up with them having that hidden communication there. um... who? Uh... Leafsnail or Tiruin, Leafsnail or Tiruin.... uh..."
Leafsnail:I'm sorry, but I don't have a case on you this second. I'm reviewing your posts right now. more when I'm done.
Irony and Toony: why should I vote Leafsnail? I don't understand your cases.
And now I'm unsure if I'm posting past deadline.

No, I had nobody to speak with. I have nobody to confide my inner fears and doubts but a nice MS word document wherein I speak to myself.

You can imagine how hilarious my doubts are here.

Coming back afterwards, well after day end, and reading... this...
followed by that execution scene...
There's a reason I disappeared over the weekend.
"I...
I...
I..."

Lenglon hangs her head in a mixture of shame, guilt, terror, and repressed anger that is slow-boiling into rage
"I...
I really don't know what to say here, I...
I...
your... your blood is on my hands.
and you...
I...
I..."
sniffle
"I...
I betrayed you, I mean...
I might as well have been the one with the knife.
And you...
I...
I..,"

Lenglon: Why was physical description so important again that you had to ask for it?
I don't know, but I can't ask for other people's descriptions, but I can ask for my own and those of non-players (I asked about our guards) so I assume it matters to someone, otherwise it wouldn't be private information. I got the idea in the first place from when Toony tried to get Leaf's description.

NQT: get off your high horse moron, the day has only just started and I'm focused on Leaf for a reason. Also, you are not confirmed town - you are confirmed flavor-cop. that is not the same at all.

Tiruin: are you advocating a no-lynch, seeing as the scum are possibly without a kill?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D2: 13/13]
« Reply #616 on: August 21, 2013, 09:56:04 am »

Tiruin pats Lenglon.

"I fully understood the consequences since I claimed. I'm guessing my error is in how I claimed, huh. Don't worry...And I figured it was due to stress. However some votes are still left uncleared for."

Tiruin: are you advocating a no-lynch, seeing as the scum are possibly without a kill?
Never. The lack of a kill could be associated with...totally anything, really. As said before, if there is a mislynch, I'll fix it up however my paranoia has increased a bit.

...The weird thing is I'm missing a body part ever since I used it. This was totally unstated in the ability, nor hinted at at all in my knowledge. You can tell what I'm hinting at here.

Tiruin points at the cloth strip covering her left eye, tied like an eyepatch then says three words. "I am alive."

...Ok, just as typing this, I had a weird idea.

Is someone out there using body parts?...Or that witches are getting body parts...or someone has a passive or something power to affect my ability. Or a general ability, leaning on this latter here.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 21, 2013, 12:41:57 pm »

Okami no Rei is now up for replacement.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D2: 12/13]
« Reply #618 on: August 21, 2013, 01:55:44 pm »

@Zombie Urist:
@Toony - My cases weren't dumb. :-\ I already went over this, but I stopped thinking NQT was scummy after I realized what he was trying to do and Ottofar was scummier than NQT/LS and Tiruin was claimed 3rd party and I had strong town reads on NQT/LS who were then tied.
That's a mouthful, but okay I seem to remember the NQT bit now.

You still haven't created a case against LS. Or anyone else really.
Vector and Ottofar are up for replacement, it's hard voting missing players.  Okami is up now too so there goes one of your "targets" too.

And I have created a case against LS, but voting him would completely defeat the purpose.  If I have to explain why you are not reading my posts.

Also you kinda dodged NQT's questions. Tiruin warded someone which protected them from dying. If what you say about the DS wanting to die why did she protect you?
Why would I know?

@Tiruin:
ToonyMan:
Unfortunately, no.  I was able to learn the Death Shaman wishes to die during the game, because of this, I have deemed you are very likely not the Death Shaman and more likely town if anything else.
Opposites happen. The longer the DS is kept from death, the weaker he becomes.
Sounds about right.

How did you deem NQT as such?
NQT fought tooth and nail to stay alive yesterday.  I don't think the Death Shaman would ever do that.  I guess that doesn't discredit a witch accusation though.

@Toaster:
Oh, it's going to be one of those games.
Have anything to add, Death Shaman scum?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Birdy51 has replaced Ottofar.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 21, 2013, 03:24:04 pm »

ZU
NQT: Why did you inspect the ppl you inspected?
Dariush and Ottofar had proved themselves untrustworthy by persisting in their unsustainable cases against me right until the end. Leafsnail hadn't claimed at all. They were obvious choices. I'd have investigated everyone though if I could.

What. My case was in no way unsustainable. Also, I can confirm, I just am extremely busy.

Is someone out there using body parts?...Or that witches are getting body parts...or someone has a passive or something power to affect my ability. Or a general ability, leaning on this latter here.

We wouldn't be having an abomination (akin to the Paranormals) in the works, would we?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

Oh, sorry about that then.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 21, 2013, 03:28:09 pm »

PFP

Dariush
Wow seriously Dariush? Did you read the posts since day start? Doesn't what he said about your flavor confirm him, especially since you confirmed them? Also answer my question.

Well, witches will probably turn out to not be the main threat, but some other magic users will. In the first game we had a wizard with a golem, next we had elves, now I won't be surprised if we have druids with shamans and spirits of the dead people from the previous games or something.
What do you know about shamans?
I only saw this when ZU brought it up.

Why the specific wording there, buddy? What previous games did you draw that idea from?

...I seriously can't believe you don't take the imperative to read those questions addressed to you.

We wouldn't be having an abomination (akin to the Paranormals) in the works, would we?
Exactly my speculation...which is purely speculation at this point. Nobody got abducted or such though.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 21, 2013, 03:43:25 pm »

Greetings.

I need to go through the thread in it's entirety, but I am here to start playing. Feel free to field any questions in the meantime until I get myself caught up.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 21, 2013, 03:45:47 pm »

@Toaster:
Here you go again...

"Those" games?

Never newbie friendly, are you. We haven't experienced the tribulations you have in those past games, so it would be nice to enlighten us of your meta.

You're both derps if you think I was going to post that and be done.

As a rule, I'm not a fan of resurrections.  High player counts in late days drag out games and don't provide that focusing effect you see in a typical late-stage Mafia game.  I neither play well nor particularly enjoy that type of thing, which is why you didn't see me in the second Revolution game.

Anyway.

Leafsnail:
NQT: What is my role flavour?

What made you assume NQT inspected you?  What would you do if he hadn't?

Do you believe NQT's claim now?

NQT:
Toaster and Toony
Yeah, I figured that's what you meant. I assume you're an inquisitor, then?
That would be the obvious conclusion, yes.

It would, but I note you don't actually confirm or deny this.

NQT: Care claiming who you inspected N0?
You never answered Toaster, who did you inspect N0 and now N1?
Unfortunately, I couldn't do any investigation N0. Last night I investigated Leafsnail, Ottofar and Dariush. The latter two didn't lie about their names and professions. This is only the first round of investigations and a closer look at any of them will turn up more.

Why not N0?  I could both times.

I am a shaman, yet am also human. Is a human magical? You may have seen what gruesome act happened yesterday, am I right?
You're obfuscating here: a human can be magical. That's what a shaman or a witch is: a magical human.

How do you know what a shaman is?

Toony:
@Toaster:
Toony:
ugh come on guys
What did you mean by this?
I woke up late to see a Tiruin lynch.

That you were voting for at the time.  This does not correlate to a response of "ugh."  Please go into more detail.

You still haven't created a case against LS. Or anyone else really.
Vector and Ottofar are up for replacement, it's hard voting missing players.  Okami is up now too so there goes one of your "targets" too.

And I have created a case against LS, but voting him would completely defeat the purpose.  If I have to explain why you are not reading my posts.

@Toaster:

I'm reading your posts, so this vote is hilariously indicative of how little you actually suspect me.

Leafsnail:  Do you have anything to support that rather outlandish theory of yours?

Tiruin:
Toaster: Give your read on me, along with telling me why you used every gesture on me, at day 1, as a way of undermining me and putting me in a bad light, please. It would be fairly hypocritical for you to state all your aggression on me as a third-party, so I ask you, what did you learn from last night?

Untrustworthy third party that we're probably better off without.  I disagree with your assertion that it would be hypocritical to want to lynch you because you are third party.

Last night?  Well, there was no kill.  That doesn't say a lot because things like roleblockers and doctors exist.  You posited that this death shaman would be able to kill if you died- while one could call you a liar because this didn't happen, it's plausible a death shaman kill was prevented somehow.  It also lends credence to the theory of the witch team not having a kill (though, again, isn't conclusive proof.)

Why shouldn't we lynch you again?  None of your claims about this death shaman (up to and including its existence) are provable, unless said person wants to claim and confirm what you're saying.

If by "why you used every gesture on me" means going over my D1 case on you again, then no.  It's abundantly clear at this point, and I'm not repeating it again, except to say every bit of it still applies.  If you meant something else, then please clarify.

...Now why I said SK earlier? It was inferring. His goal is also to stop me from winning.

And that is by killing me.

If he just wants to kill you, then he's not really a serial killer, is he?

Never newbie friendly, are you.

Yes, that's why I never was IC or hosted BM games or any of that.  Now who is putting who in a bad light?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can really sense that mode of deliberate misunderstanding; replacing fact instead of query in you when you talk to me, here.

If he just wants to kill you, then he's not really a serial killer, is he?
Read better. It's an inference. You'd do well to compare that to what I said before.

And again the feeling of you quotemining hits me, but I'd discard that to your skimming attitude when addressing me with a touch of apathy.

Untrustworthy third party that we're probably better off without.  I disagree with your assertion that it would be hypocritical to want to lynch you because you are third party.

Last night?  Well, there was no kill.  That doesn't say a lot because things like roleblockers and doctors exist.  You posited that this death shaman would be able to kill if you died- while one could call you a liar because this didn't happen, it's plausible a death shaman kill was prevented somehow.  It also lends credence to the theory of the witch team not having a kill (though, again, isn't conclusive proof.)

Why shouldn't we lynch you again?  None of your claims about this death shaman (up to and including its existence) are provable, unless said person wants to claim and confirm what you're saying.
Where did I say the bolded part? Where did you glean that sort of info?

I'd like you to prove those claims along what you judge, by the way. How is it a 'none' point.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gah...

Well, first an explanation for why I haven't posted in a while.
1. lack of time:
I haven't had near as much time as I'm used to the past week or two, and as such I haven't had a much time to play mafia period.  Every time I log in, I have to decide where to spend my time, and to be frank, this game takes the bottom of the list.  This is mostly because of the huge mass of content you have to sort through just to make a post.  To solve this problem, I've decided to not go through the huge amount of content.
2. Cannon Brawl
This game is too fun...

Anyways...
Quote anything you want me to specifically respond to.

Tiruin:
Intentionally withholding information is anti-town.
What exactly is your wincon?  What is DS's? (Death Shamon's?)
Are these wincons game-ending?
You can obviously self-revive, but I seriously doubt that it has infinite uses, so how many times can you revive?
The posts of yours that I have read reeks of emotional appeal.  You seem to hate the very idea of us thinking that you're not town-aligned, and I personally think that you're not. I see no problem with lynching you a second day in a row, especially since a NK didn't happen last night.

Flavor is very important in this game, so let's look at the flavor at the end of day one and at the beginning of day two. 
“Be happy, but do not rejoice yet; though we have killed a maleficar, there are many more yet among us.
-snip
Remember what happened yesterday - that was the proof. The proof that this town is plagued by the Satan’s associates, and any God-fearing man would do anything in his power to rid them from this earth!
The captain rejoins the others watching the group, now smaller by one.

“You chose well.”

Apparently we lynched the right person yesterday.  The flavor certainly says so.  I see absolutely no reason to repeat the success.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

tiruin: can u separate speculation from fact about death shaman and list all facts u kno about him?

nqt: what point are u trying to make a bout being magical. looks like semantics to me

griffinpup: apart from thr obvious who else is suspicous. your case on tiruin looks really lazy. also y no vote yday?

pfp
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 21, 2013, 06:25:40 pm »

LNCP: In this town, would a shaman be regarded as a type of witch?

Also NQT is right, unvote, vote Dariush.  I want him to explain why he stopped finishing clothes several days prior to the start of the game, at the very least.

Leafsnail: why did you lie at the underlined point in this quote?
I forgot about that.  The main reason is the situation changed (the flavour cop is out in the open so he can just question me directly, and I suspect that there's a replacing cult).

Leafsnail: explain the mechanics of this theory of yours, how would a ?cult? require the flavor of someone in order to recruit them, and why would a cult member care... at all... about getting the flavor of a single person when the entire rest of the town has claimed?
If a witch has to adopt someone's identity they'd have to know someone's identity to properly replace them.  They could still try recruiting me, but it would be suspicious if the guy after me had no idea what his own name or profession was (or if a flavour cop could reveal that there have been several conspicuous changes).

While the rest of the town has claimed name and profession, this situation presents a chance for you to try and make me claim everything about my role.  That would allow you to make a very strong copy, which would be useful given the fact that I've already been investigated once.

oh, and in your crazy theory:
Leafsnail: if I am after your flavor, why am I insisting that NQT not claim it for you?
My role PM probably contains more information than NQT's inspection result.

Where did this idea come from? What basis makes it reasonable here?
Leafsnail:  Do you have anything to support that rather outlandish theory of yours?
The fact that nobody has died after two nights implies that the bad guys might be a cult.  This seems like the most obvious way for a cult to work in a game like this, and it's very in-keeping with the "flavour is important" theme.  I remember some suggestive quotes in the OP, I'll see if I can dig those up in my next post.

Hey LS, did anybody tell you that your asspull is stupid? (well, apart from Tiruin, who shamelessly PPE'd me) If we temporarily stupidify ourselves (for example, by reading the compilation of everything NQT has ever said, though that may have permanent effects...) and then somehow assume that lack of kill means there is a cult with unprecedented mechanics, then either witches clone themselves, procreate or leave behind them the corpses of their previous victims. Which of those theories do you support?
I'm not sure.  The way that would make most sense for me:

- There is a head witch.  Let's call him "Dariush" for convenience.
- Dariush has a bunch of witch friends, but they're all in spirit form.  Maybe they're stored in stones or some shit.
- In order to expand, Dariush kills someone and lets his friends move into the body.
- Since they have the person's body, they can now pretend to be that person.  However, as the person is dead, they don't know everything about them.  Thus they would have to make up new details about their identity which may be noticed if they aren't accurate.

Just Leafsnail — That's an interesting theory about the cult, but there are other things which explain the events. Everyone knew a name and profession, including Dariush who has confirmed himself a lying witch. But while we're at it, prove you're not a doppelganger cultist with a highly developed sense of irony: inside your wagon, what do you keep your vegetables in? One of the following is your name, which:

A: Martin Brouillart
B: Martin Bouillon
C: Martin Bronnaire
D: Martin Bourvil
E: Martin Brodeur
F: Martin Boyer
G: Martin Bronaparte

(In case I die or something, Leafsnail is one of the above, a farmer of modest means.)
Baskets.  A.

What made you assume NQT inspected you?  What would you do if he hadn't?

Do you believe NQT's claim now?
Because I hadn't claimed and he suspected me.  I would have voted him, because if he hadn't inspected me that would mean he was obviously lying about his role.  Yes I do believe NQT's claim.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 21, 2013, 06:35:22 pm »

“The way we seem to just disappear after the play. ‘An actor lives a thousand lives – none of which are his.’ Or something like that. I don’t know.”
This isn't direct proof, but I think this opening does have thematic relevance.  That is, that the witches are effectively actors taking on the roles of the people they kill.

They can even possess people, and impersonate anyone; any person in this flock may in fact be a witch, whether it is truly that person or not.
This is the big one.  Apparently the witches can possess people, which points towards the cult mechanic I talked about earlier.

He looks down, silent. Demons were already stirring in their sleep - in men’s hearts, and within the earth itself.
Actually the recruits might be demons, considering this line.  Whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 84