Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200913 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D1: 13/13]
« Reply #555 on: August 16, 2013, 12:26:37 pm »

Votecount:
Dariush  - 0 - 
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
griffinpup  - 0 - 
Leafsnail  - 3 -  IronyOwl, notquitethere, ToonyMan
Lenglon  - 0 - 
notquitethere  - 4 -  Ottofar, Dariush, Okami No Rei, Lenglon
Okami No Rei  - 0 - 
Ottofar  - 1 -  zombie urist
Tiruin  - 3 -  Toaster, Leafsnail, Vector
Toaster  - 1 -  Tiruin
ToonyMan  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
zombie urist  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 1 -  griffinpup
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day will end in 2 hours.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 16, 2013, 12:28:26 pm »

NQT:  Care claiming who you inspected N0?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 16, 2013, 12:42:46 pm »

"of all the weird... ok, now I need to... I mean, I should.... or how can I.... ugh"
Unvote
"I need to be voteing for anyone but NQT right now, we can't afford to have him lynched. I don't know if he really is a cop, but his interactions with toaster following that post he linked does match up with them having that hidden communication there. um... who? Uh... Leafsnail or Tiruin, Leafsnail or Tiruin.... uh..."
Leafsnail:I'm sorry, but I don't have a case on you this second. I'm reviewing your posts right now. more when I'm done.
Irony and Toony: why should I vote Leafsnail? I don't understand your cases.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 16, 2013, 12:45:39 pm »

Tiruin

NQT's claim make sense with his actions and confirms what I've been thinking.
I don't think LS is scum since his scumhunting looks sincere.
I want to give Tiruin benefit of the doubt, but at the end of the day, third party doesn't have town's interest in mind.

ppe: well this is awkward.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 16, 2013, 12:54:42 pm »

unvote: I have reviewed Leafsnail's posts, and he seems quite town to me. I still have no case.
Tiruin: I'm in the same boat as ZU i'm afraid. If the options weren't two almost-certainly-townies or you, i'd be voting someone else, but with the current lynch possibilities, I don't have much choice here.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 16, 2013, 01:21:17 pm »

Tiruin smiles.

"I knew from the start, doing such acts would inspire doubt and wonder in your eyes. But I hadn't thought that fear would be so deeply rooted, that you'd all act on knowing your allegiances before naught."

"Your choice will seal your fate in the coming days. But..I understand. Today's such a sunny day. You always have a choice, just when to choose to do it."

Sorrow and disbelief were the first things on her mind. Next were melancholy and the lack of hope.

But she just sighs and continues smiling.

"But at least I know one of you will be sleeping safe tonight."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 16, 2013, 01:40:05 pm »

Are you going to get to the two outstanding questions I asked you before deadline or are you asleep now?
It's outstanding how you fail to quote or link them. As far as I know, I've answered all of them straight.

Dariush:
Did I mention that she is almost certainly not scum due to having a benevolent power

For the record, this is not true at all.  WC1 witches had a revive that only worked on townies.  Such things as mafia docs exist.

*sigh*

Well, I thought more people would listen to reason. Few did, but now I'm lost with ever trusting people..I don't know where anything went wrong other than everyone reaching out for blatant information when I'm already lacking what I've to give. This just..crushes any belief that I had any hope with trying, at all.

Sure, bring out crap you think would try to justify my work. Then handwave anything else I said and label it all under being a third-party.

..I really didn't know stereotypes burn this far into your minds, that even newbies would be affected. But that's just me, my past, and my cynicism anyway.

Tiruin
unvote: I have reviewed Leafsnail's posts, and he seems quite town to me. I still have no case.
Tiruin: I'm in the same boat as ZU i'm afraid. If the options weren't two almost-certainly-townies or you, i'd be voting someone else, but with the current lynch possibilities, I don't have much choice here.
*ahem*

Try being less jerkish next game. Yes. I use the term 'jerk' to comprehend how in the world people are acting as they really are doing such only on a policy basis.

If the options were "certainly townies" or "almost certainly townies", I wouldn't be doing such things right now. Here, I'm all on the concept of people wasting a lynch, with part of them being town and using that reason of lynching a confirmed third-party over their fears that they'd lynch either one of their own, or scum.

I wouldn't be surprised if a hypocritical streak would develop in a few of you after a few days, and moreso..later on. The power of the opposite will grow in time. As long as I'm gone.

I mean, sure. The claiming third-party could be anything which doesn't have the wincon of eliminating all witches, or eliminating all town and threats to their wincon, but..ugh. This hurts me more on the gameplay factor.

The fact that the reasons behind most votes are as such? Doubly so.

Yes, my case on you boils down to "You are third party and therefore I want to lynch you.  Third parties pretty much never have the town's interest at heart, and are therefore not friends."  If our roles were reversed, I'd expect you to be gunning for my lynch on this point.  It's worth noting that your case for not being lynched is basically "trust me."
Alright, I'm taking things too personal here to fight back in anyway or form. Where personal comes in the way that everyone voting me basically has the part philosophy of disbelieving anything I say, in favor of stupid goddamned labels.

But whatever. Twist my words more.

Okay, I'll grant that I did miss that post of yours, because at that point I was sick of reading your continuous rehashes of the same points and simply didn't have the time to waste on it.  But I'll grant that you did point something out.

On the other hand, I had to read it several times to figure out what the heck you were trying to say.
You could've said this earlier This would clarify much, much more than anything. Admittance to a mistake would fix a lot of things, but only now do you do it.

And they were not rehashes, but just going against how biased your mind was.

But out of all people..I had trusted in you. Sure, suspicion goes on when I saw the triple unvote and your label of priorities there..but here? 'Much choice'?

Lenglon: "So you've got major suspects..and fall for the one that is 'on a likely basis' compared to those you marked as scum?"
I don't really want to be voting for NQT right now, but I'm looking at the day end rapidly approaching and I really don't want a 3-way tie. Of the three up for lynch - You, NQT, Leafsnail - He is the most viable.

I agree with you that Toaster is likely scum, but I don't see a lynch forming on him during the last few hours of the day as likely. otherwise I'd be voting him right now.

...Alright, I'm really taking too many things personal now. What I did in trying to be honest was stupid. I am stupid. Whatever.

Check the weather for me, would you? This is a serious issue.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 16, 2013, 01:59:33 pm »

Tiruin
Lenglon, ZU, NQT, ToonyMan, IronyOwl : You five out of the total audience have stated insight and/or interest towards this debate here, what is your read and view on this?
Well, the previous experience of the LNCP games suggests 3rd parties are more likely malicious, and even without being the lynch target you're flipping out majorly. Plus, you decided to claim 3rd party but have little interest in trying to convince anyone that you're benign. I don't think you're a witch and town's primary objective is witch killing hwnce why I'm not voting for you at the moment.

And now my cynical side is saying you're copying Toaster's stubbornness in getting ideas and making me really want to snark at you. Did you miss the point where I said the difference lies in how and not the matter that you're questioning me?

...I don't even get why you're now appealing to the 'like/dislike' my questioning, because it's all coming off as you twisting words and words without getting straight to a point.

Next: That wasn't a question, it was a statement. It came off as an opinion, and I didn't poke at it because I didn't think it was important to do so.

But I'm seeing a lapse of information now that I get to the root of it.
Also you omitted the point about magic which makes me think you're something magical.
Omitted what point about magic?
I'm not copying anything, I'm asking you questions and you're overreacting. I asked you whether you had the magic keyword in your role and you ignored it, which made me suspicious. Are you magical?

Well, let me explain in this thread how I'm touchy ABOUT THAT MATTER. It's great enough for you to use as frickin' evidence to others as something to base upon. It hurt me, deeply. It hurt me as a player and as a person. Where I saw it, makes me think that you didn't care enough to read on what the person says and just generalize said person as a statement you could use.
[...]
It feels like you've something else against me that you aren't saying in public.

What are you hiding, NQT?
But I never used this against you. I simply said that you claimed 3rd party when asked about wincons, which is true. I wasn't spreading rumours or saying anything malicious or building a case against you (in any thread). I was simply stating something that had happened. I think it's possible that your sensitivity about being talked about has led you to overreacting here. I'm not out to get you or judging you unfairly. I'm sorry for upsetting you, I didn't mean to effect you personally. I definitely definitely don't have anything against you.

Why did you claim anyway?

> I'm a spirit bound with only one goal. To search for my polar opposite. To bind him by keeping him alive. And to survive--my everything is directed at only benevolent intent, and as a side, I was geared to use it on any mislynch, ever.

> Because I trusted the notion of people too much, apparently. Such a thing is stupid now that I look back at it. Perhaps I should've just fullclaimed--the reason I didn't do such are because of the total generalism of my knowledge, and the fact that my powers are adverse to scum and that opposite's power: total warding from death. I claimed here in the most unsportsmanlike of mood, because I can stop whatever basic intention a mafia has. Their kills are null and void when I step into play.

But hey, I'm stupid to have trusted anyone, really. It's in psychology that people would rather act on a definite--any kind of definite, as long as it seems to forward their purpose--rather than think about it, in the end. I should've just shut up and played on in silence. Now, I fear that things are really going to hell for town. Next is scum.

Y'all have an SK in your hands, and the only thing I'm sure about him is that while I live, my very presence contains him from using his abilities-this is only a guess given my flavor.

Oh, time of writing: 2:8am. As everyone sure loves shooting me down on stupid points, nobody shoot me down on this point.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 16, 2013, 02:09:04 pm »

"of all the weird... ok, now I need to... I mean, I should.... or how can I.... ugh"
Unvote
"I need to be voteing for anyone but NQT right now, we can't afford to have him lynched. I don't know if he really is a cop, but his interactions with toaster following that post he linked does match up with them having that hidden communication there. um... who? Uh... Leafsnail or Tiruin, Leafsnail or Tiruin.... uh..."
Leafsnail:I'm sorry, but I don't have a case on you this second. I'm reviewing your posts right now. more when I'm done.
Irony and Toony: why should I vote Leafsnail? I don't understand your cases.
And now I'm unsure if I'm posting past deadline.

No, I had nobody to speak with. I have nobody to confide my inner fears and doubts but a nice MS word document wherein I speak to myself.

You can imagine how hilarious my doubts are here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 16, 2013, 02:14:38 pm »

Tiruin
Omitted what point about magic?
I'm not copying anything, I'm asking you questions and you're overreacting. I asked you whether you had the magic keyword in your role and you ignored it, which made me suspicious. Are you magical?
> I'm a spirit bound with only one goal. To search for my polar opposite. To bind him by keeping him alive. And to survive--my everything is directed at only benevolent intent, and as a side, I was geared to use it on any mislynch, ever.
And to clarify: I'm -not- magical. Whatever wording makes this feel very off, whether in nature of whatever, I'm not. My abilities however, -have- the magic keyword.

Make your questions clearer and to the point for once, please.

And overreacting = expounding in detail.

Right.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 16, 2013, 02:35:42 pm »

ugh come on guys

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [N1: 12/13]
« Reply #566 on: August 16, 2013, 02:50:22 pm »

Night 1 Has Begun!

Votecount:
Dariush  - 0 - 
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
griffinpup  - 0 - 
Leafsnail  - 3 -  IronyOwl, notquitethere, ToonyMan
Lenglon  - 0 - 
notquitethere  - 3 -  Ottofar, Dariush, Okami No Rei
Okami No Rei  - 0 - 
Ottofar  - 0 - 
Tiruin  - 5 -  Toaster, Leafsnail, Vector, Lenglon, zombie urist
Toaster  - 1 -  Tiruin
ToonyMan  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
zombie urist  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 1 -  griffinpup
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

Rain pelts down relentlessly from the grey stretches of sky. The air and the clouds growing dark, the storm grows and expands, sending its nebulous black tendrils across the sky like a feeding mould, attracted by the warmth. Late in the day, the storm rears and roars, ominous flashes streaking its underbelly, silent lances of light and heat erupting from above, walls shaking, windows vibrating, the earth itself quivering in fear. The storm throws its lances toward a tower, how it moves, how bright they are, how the air reverberates with its deafening noise - but, save the peasants, no one would mind.

The inquisitors walk along the columns of guards, their gaze drifting from one group to the next in their search of witches. Their leather shoes, low and thin, drag in the mud as they pass by.  Each step is slow and deliberate; trained by experience to be as sharp as the spears that the soldiers carry, their eyes - ethereal, ever vigilant - move slowly over each person they pass, poking, prodding, piercing. The only concession made to the storm is their black hood, held fast against the wind by their hands, the staff nestled in the crook of their elbows.

The chief guard looks toward the setting sun. Sensing a signal, he turns back toward the group and bangs his spear on his shield - one, two, three, the strikes echo in the air. Several others push in and drag the people in the group aside, and the captain, with heavy steps, lodging each boot into the mud every time, moves into their midst. “Have you made your decision?”

A wide-eyed silence. In their eyes, resentment and fear still lurked-

“Her!” Yells one. A quivering finger moves toward one of the peasants. “She’s the one!”

The first stone thrown, a barrage of others materialises. Voices shout and scream, accusations and insults rise into the air in a crescendo of death. The captain comes forth, grabs the girl by the neck, looks around once more to make sure- “Hang, fiend!” a sodden stone flies through the air and strikes her in the head. More savageries fill their ears.

Another guard helps tie her arms and the captain, inching his way through the crowd, makes his way to the inquisitors standing on the platform. Thrown onto the stage, a foot buried in her back to keep her where she is, the captain mouths something to the priest in black. Then, the girl is dragged back up, held by her hair to face the impassive priest - who asks something.

She spits.

The inquistor frowns, and nods to the captain. The guard pulls out his knife, adjusts his grip, shoves it into her side - she screams, grinds her teeth and tries to keep it in - and with a firm tug, the knife is dragged right across. She screams again, this time in a breathy falsetto, at the same time a convulsive struggle for air and a cry of catastrophic shock. Dispassionately, the captain bends down - the plate squeaks in the rain - and forces his hand into the wound in her stomach, rising again as he drags a fistful of offal out.

Her cries fade out into nothing. The priest squats beside the body and lays a hand on her head. After a moment, he rises - informs the captain and, rather hurriedly, walks to the other inquisitors.

The captain rejoins the others watching the group, now smaller by one.

“You chose well.”

Gillette "Tiruin" Doulze has been lynched! She was the Life Shaman.

The Night will end Tuesday, 20th of August, 8PM GMT.

Freaking last-minute lynch changes.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D2: 12/13]
« Reply #567 on: August 19, 2013, 02:34:08 pm »

Day 2 Has Begun!

Votecount:
Dariush  - 0 - 
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Griffinpup  - 0 - 
Leafsnail  - 0 - 
Lenglon  - 0 - 
notquitethere  - 0 - 
Okami no Rei  - 0 - 
Ottofar  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Toonyman  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
zombie urist  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 13 -  <cut for size>
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

“Be happy, but do not rejoice yet; though we have killed a maleficar, there are many more yet among us.

“You may be bitter about the conditions in which we have kept you, but please tolerate them. Should a maleficar or witch manage to return home, there are no limits as to what may happen. Remember what happened yesterday - that was the proof. The proof that this town is plagued by the Satan’s associates, and any God-fearing man would do anything in his power to rid them from this earth!

“It will take many more days of vigilance and perseverance to defeat them all,” the elder inquisitor intones, raising a quivering finger. “But I have faith in the people. I have faith that you will all show the necessary virtue and fear of God  to pursue this to its fullest extent.

“And today will be another day to show that strong faith, as strong, stronger even than the previous. Together, we will purge this town of all its evils and evildoers.”

“We will discuss until sundown.” He motions to the other inquisitors and guards, who divide the townsfolk and resume their posts - though noise and chatter rises steadily from the public, nobody resists.

“Now, please, begin.”

The Day will end Thursday, 22nd of August, 8PM GMT.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 19, 2013, 03:02:06 pm »

Request a Replacement, my courses are all messed up and I am apparently the only one who anyone can find to work the lights for the Junior's welcoming celebration thing on Friday, and I have a Theater act and a Book Convention show to do this month, in addition to starting French and switching from short to long Swedish. And having to plan another lights show. And doing the other courses. And doing whatever living alone requires, and socializing. And finding a job.

Ugh. I'm terribly, deeply sorry about this.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 19, 2013, 03:24:00 pm »

Witches don't have a kill (like previous WC's I think?) or something is up.

@NQT:
You never answered Toaster, who did you inspect N0 and now N1?

@Zombie Urist:
Why shouldn't you die today?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 84