Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190771 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.102
« Reply #1290 on: March 19, 2014, 09:02:37 am »

((Maybe a plot hook will fall from the sky when we surface again.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 19, 2014, 09:37:35 am »

"I've had a sudden vision!" Foxglove announced, seeing a bullet list of spoilers in her minds eye. She opened each one.

"Lord Nirila sent us on this wild Xildebird chase, knowing the drum was already gone. He also knew where to send the riders to intercept us-and the kobolds too, somehow knew we were coming!

It doesn't make a whole bunch of sense, but bear with me.

We should go back to the capital and confront him. Or assassinate him! I suppose it's all coming to the same thing, right? Anyway let's go."

Lady Foxglove headed out, assuming everyone would follow her. She whistled for her squid and flew off, leaving her friends to walk through the guts and grime.

She forgot to bury Medha.

Action: All the way back to the capital! Sigh
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 19, 2014, 09:40:46 am »

Tackov shrugged.  She probably was right.

"Come on, Bongy!"

Loot anything lootable then head out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 31, 2014, 09:50:48 am »

Take the crossbow, iron armor, 111 yuros, and whatever other valuables are left on Medha's corpse off of it, then head out with the rest.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.103
« Reply #1294 on: March 31, 2014, 03:01:07 pm »

Turn One Hundred and Three

Convince the Bongo to give back the foot.  If Bukkar attacks, Wind Blast him away gently, or at least off course.

"Come here, Bongy Bongy Bongy!" shouts Tackov, terribly misjudging the situation. "Come here, there's a good boy!"

The vicious Dronebongo sidles up to the wizard, a mischievous glint in his eye and a toe in the corner of his mouth.

"Now, just you be a good boy and give that foot back, and I’ll find you a nice juicy-"

There's a vague struggle, a rustling noise, the pair collapse to the floor, a snap, and a-

"You bastard! You bastard! That was the only real one I had left! You'll pay for that, you big eejit!"

The tambourine backs off, a mischievous grin on his face and a toe in each corner of his mouth.

Wound Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Severed Foot!

Obtain necessary artifacts from near vicinity. If done, provide aid if anybody needs it.

Meawhile, Gervedder searches for some necessary artifacts and, happening upon a cupboard in the corner of the Throne Room, he spies a small rough cloth bag beside it. It looks suspiciously like a herbalist's bag, he muses, as he rummages about inside. He pulls out, one by one, five herbalist's containers, each carefully filled with a single variety of useful herb. He quickly sits down and cross-references the contents with his herbalist's book, and gasps with astonishment as he realises that he has miraculously found rather heavy doses of Feckiel's angelica, Shy wormtongue seed pods, Lake nightshade and Forked dogsbreath shoots.

He holds them up to the light for a better look, and his gast near flabbers to the ground with bewilderment: the seed pods look very much like they've been gathered on a Friday, and the Forked dogsbreath shoots have the pale tinge associated with being gathered at dusk.

Take herb collection Y/N?

Craft myself some corpse glue!

Sylvanna's gast actually fell off once, but she sewed it back on, and it looks nearly as good as new, except for the stitch marks, but she quite likes them, and they're in a rather fetching shade of thread in any case, and as she thinks somewhat wanderingly to herself she suddenly realises that she's stirred her pot of corpse glue quite enough, and if she goes any further it will be too stiff and might even come to life itself, which although hilarious in the right situation would never do in new and possibly flighty company that she didn't want to immediately put off and appal.

She screws the lid down tight and pockets her glue, satisfied.

Retrospectively take corpse bits before quick travel is shortly initiated Y/N?

Action: All the way back to the capital! Sigh

Just then a sudden vision interrupts the satisfaction, amazement, and burning pain.

"I've had a sudden vision!" shouts Lady Foxglove, "We've got to go all the way back again! Bother."

She turns to leave, and is heading out of the Throne Room when there's a sudden rumble.

Take the crossbow, iron armor, 111 yuros, and whatever other valuables are left on Medha's corpse off of it, then head out with the rest.

Before leaving, as an opportunistic but nevertheless pleasant kind of chap, Whiz – the mummy, in case anyone had forgotten, which wouldn't be unreasonable given the wait – strips the dead witch mostly naked, to varying responses from the pair's comrades, and steals everything of any value she ever had.

Or rather, starts to.

...Whiz pockets the cash, sights along the crossbow once or twice, testing the trigger, and reaches for Medha's special armour, feeling a distinct chill as he does so but then suddenly there is a hideous rumble.

Loot anything lootable then head out.

Before leaving, it is Tackov Cedtry's inviolable duty as an adventurer to loot anything that is lootable, and thuswise he does so. He spots the cupboard next to the amazed Gervedder, and, on his tiptoes, silently arrives in front of his goal. Something lootable. He creeps up on the cupboard, surprising it unawares, and thrusts it open.

He gazes forth at his prize.

It is shiny.

It is pointy.

It is-

I, a voice suddenly booms from a mixture of nowhere and inside the cupboard, AM THE LOST DIAMOND OF FECKERTY O'MALLET, WILD CHIEFTAIN OF THE NORTH. DARE YOU TAKE ME?

"Ohfeckyesohfeckyesohfeckyesohfeckyesohfeckyes!"

Tackov reaches out into the cupboard, slips ever so slightly, falls forward, knocks the Lost Diamond of Feckerty O'Mallet, Wild Chieftain of the North off its podium, and stares aghast as it shatters into hundreds of pieces on the floor of the cupboard. And at the same time, as the diamond leaves its resting place, there is a click, a whir, and then a distant rumbling, and then-

Tackov leans forward into the cupboard a little, trying to make out what he assumes he is only imagining he can see but then-

"Ohgodohgodohgod AN ENORMOUS BOULDER! COMING AFTER ME! NO, AT ME! TOWARDS ME!"

RIGHT FIRST TIME, YOU GIRT FECKER! YOU SMASHED ME, THE LOST DIAMOND OF FECKERTY O'MALLET, WILD CHIEFTAIN OF THE NORTH. YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS, YOU BIG EEJIT...

Tackov turns and flees with the rest of the party, throwing himself through the doorway of the Throne Room just in time, glancing back to see a ferocious boulder coming after him, and getting to his feet and sprinting after Lady F, happier than ever to be running behind her but this time not thinking anything crude or lecherous, just happy that the crusader's Fast Travel activates just as the boulder seems to be about to crush him into a tiny paste.

Minutes later the group of adventurers, weary and wounded but much the richer, at least in terms of experiences and already-long-forgotten anecdotes, arrive just inside the gates of the town of Nirila.

It’s a low, flat, sprawling wooden town, they remember and explain to Sylvanna, along the banks of the slovenly river Immor, a wide river that meanders its way across the south of the main landmass of Istria.

A pair of morning drunks amble up to the abruptly arrived adventuers: Gervedder recognises Cadge “Cadge” Ear and Deafarse Morris almost as quickly as they he.

”Evenin', your honour. Been adventuring, 'ave we? In need of a celebratory tipple, is it? Ooooh,” oohs Deafarse, leering at Sylvanna, ”You're... new...”

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 03:09:08 pm by lawastooshort »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.103
« Reply #1295 on: March 31, 2014, 07:32:43 pm »

Tackov continues to talk to the Bongo, his adrenaline surge having worn off.  "Now now, Mr. Bongy, give daddy his foot back!"

Retrieve foot and reattach!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 31, 2014, 08:31:32 pm »

N, kobolds are weak and small anyway. I'll find better materials elsewhere!

"I am! I just got here from a cage, which was okay except there weren't many things to hack apart and glue together. And this is a town, so that may still be a problem! But we're looking for things that require talking to people so we're in a town. It might be fun!"

Wander off to find a weapon or weaponlike object in a scrapheap somewhere.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 31, 2014, 10:57:20 pm »

((What happen my action?
I didn't do an action, did I.))

Lunge at new people.

Do you have barrel-fixing supplies?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 01, 2014, 12:36:45 am »

Y.

Back in civilized parts:

"I'm afraid we have little reason to celebrate, good sirs. We have some rather pressing business to attend to."

We presumably have rather pressing business to attend to. Follow Lady F - she's got more of an idea about these things than I do.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 01, 2014, 11:26:31 am »

Search for equipment shops in lieu of having what Medha's, preferably ones with either magically enchanted crossbows or strong armor to spend yuros on.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 02, 2014, 08:37:04 am »

Foxglove starts poking the drunks with her sword, The Ravens Wingblade (Now as fancily named as she), so as not to get close enough to touch them. She's careful to use the non-severing end, however.

"What you! Any news of Lord Nirila lately? Is he in his keep, you wot? Answer me, craven!" she questions.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.103
« Reply #1301 on: April 02, 2014, 11:12:35 am »

Not quite a New Turn

Lunge at new people.

In the quiet Nirilian morning, Bukkar decides to practice his lunging – by lunging as hard as he can at every person in sight at whom he hasn’t already lunged!

After lunging at most of his colleagues and a dozen passersby, he collapses to the ground, wailing and clutching his groin!

Wound Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Strained Groin!

Still clutching his netherparts with one hand, Bukkar drags himself across the ground with the other, naked and stinking, and addresses several members of the public.

Do you have barrel-fixing supplies?

Suddenly an old lady takes offence, and starts whacking Bukkar about the head with her walking stick!

She smacks as hard as she can, but luckily Bukkar has quite a thick skull, and nought comes of it, but she doesn’t let up!

”’Ere, come on Mayvis, this dirty fecker held his groin and crawled at me in a lecherous fashion! Let’s smash the pervert in the gonads!”

Several more elderly women approach.

Wander off to find a weapon or weaponlike object in a scrapheap somewhere.

Ignoring the hullaballoo breaking out behind her – something she is used to happening, in any case, Sylvanna wanders off – perhaps to find a weapon, or a weaponlike object – perhaps in a scrapheap somewhere.

She gets to the end of the street and turns, and comes face to face with a magnificent scrapheap. She leans forward and peers closely, and sees that it contains all manner of weaponry, and weaponlikery – crowbars, bottles, a buckler, a crossbow, a sword or two…

Search for equipment shops in lieu of having what Medha's, preferably ones with either magically enchanted crossbows or strong armor to spend yuros on.

Not far behind, and trying to keep his eyes down, Whiz shuffles along and turns the other way at the end of the street, oblivious to the screams of children and adults alike, all pointing at him and crying out, Behold! The dead walk again! Flee! The shopkeeper of the shop he shuffles into seems to be made of sterner stuff though, and merely asks him politely:

”Good morning, sir. I suspect that you would be interested in purchasing some of my finest crossbows – enchanted, some of them are, and not just so to speak, but actually – or armour? It’s quite strong armour, you know.”

Retrieve foot and reattach!

Tackov ignores the screaming and the hullaballooing, and turns to sternly wag his finger at Mr. Bongy.

"Now now, Mr. Bongy, give daddy his foot back!"

Mr. Bongy smiles, a disturbing and vicious smile, and between the teeth Tackov can see a foot. He has a sudden idea.

"Look! Look, Mr. Bongy, a fish in that tree!"

Mr. Bongy looks, open mouthed with astonishment, and before he can work out he’s been tricked Tackov shoves his hand down the tambourine’s throat, whips out his foot, and turns away to stick it back on before the damn thing notices.

As he turns he is horrified to notice a familiar looking boulder coming after him.

He drops his foot and runs.

The boulder comes after him.

Tackov’s foot is suddenly much, much flatter than it used to be.

Foxglove starts poking the drunks with her sword, The Ravens Wingblade (Now as fancily named as she), so as not to get close enough to touch them. She's careful to use the non-severing end, however.

"What you! Any news of Lord Nirila lately? Is he in his keep, you wot? Answer me, craven!"

”Er, yes? Please don’t hit me! I think he’s always in his keep, this last three days or more, sir! Ma’am! Your honour!”

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.103.5
« Reply #1302 on: April 02, 2014, 11:29:25 am »

"What kinds of enchantments are on those crossbows, what types of armor do you have, and what's the cost to buy them?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 02, 2014, 11:40:15 am »

"What kinds of enchantments are on those crossbows, what types of armor do you have, and what's the cost to buy them?"

”Well, I have the standard kind of steel cuirasses, and helmets, and greaves, and groin-protectors – that kind of thing. A full set is very, very expensive, sir, but an individual piece is 200 yuros per area you want to protect. Free polishing kit thrown in sir. Now, the enchantments, they vary. A popular favourite is the fire enchantment, which causes every bolt you shoot to burst alight, thereby igniting yon unfortunate target. That would set you back a thousand yuros though. A more standard one is the boring old enchantment the old wizards used to call, in the ancient magical tongue, ‘plusswontohit’ – that’s normally around 500 yuros. It magically guides your bolts. The cheapest we have is the Crossbow of Security, which melds itself to your handprint and, when anyone else tries to use it, blows up. That’s 250 yuros. There’s a few others, but none below the 1000 yuro mark.”

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 02, 2014, 11:51:00 am »

"Is there any way I could earn a discount on any of your items, sir?"
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 118