Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190736 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.103.5
« Reply #1305 on: April 02, 2014, 12:20:26 pm »

"Is there any way I could earn a discount on any of your items, sir?"

[Lovingly stolen from FFS and TWoOtA]

"Blimey!"

Run toward a wealthy-looking storefront.  Veer to the side at the last moment so the boulder smashes the store.  Loot cash register and quickly depart.

Go back and collect flatfoot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 02, 2014, 01:04:38 pm »

Go look for an axe shop. They've got those, right? Peruse fine selection of axes if possible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 02, 2014, 05:21:22 pm »

I'm warning you old biddies, I've got ... this <<copper pick>> and I'm not afraid to use it!

Brandish <<pick>> at haggle of biddies.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 02, 2014, 05:49:19 pm »

Lady Foxglove looked back with an exasperated sigh as her 'adventuring party' was clobbered by giant rolling boulders and old ladies with sticks.

It was obviously completely up to her to advance the plot.

"I guess it's all up to me. Messenger! We're...I'M...going to be sneaking inside the castle and confronting Lord Nirila. You don't have any bonuses to stealth so I'm not sure if you should come..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 03, 2014, 08:35:37 am »

Lady, you expect to stay under the radar with -that chassis? Let me tell you, there's not a single guard in this village that's going to fail their spot check for you, dohohohoooo

Oh, bugger. I forgot that I wasn't supposed to be in this game anymore. Argh. But seriously, do you have ANY idea how BORING it is in the afterworld? I miss you blockheads. No homo -- okay, maybe homo. Say, did anyone loot my corpse? You know, I can feel that sort of thing. It's like a faint itching in the ribs. As soon as I find that grave robber, by my honor as a Curse Crafter - I'll curse him and his family lineage, FOR A THOUSAND YEARS! With... um... I have no idea. But it will be grievous. And gruesome! Have any ideas for me, Foxy?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 03, 2014, 01:32:51 pm »

Lady Foxglove heard a ghostly buzzing in he ear and responded to the spirit in some place out of her own character, subconsciously maybe.

"Well you'll need to work up a special double family curse for that, Meddy though I doubt either of them will breed...maybe you can curse their ancestors!

I mean, Tacky stole your blood, and Whizzy stripped your possessions to sell to shady pawnbrokers! I merely forgot to give you a proper burial, or indeed, any sort of memorial at all. They probably deserve it more than me.

Honestly, ugh."
She ughed.

"So, how's the weather in the Hell I assumed you are now consigned to for all eternity? Made any friends?" She continued, making awkward small talk with the dead.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.104
« Reply #1311 on: April 03, 2014, 03:35:39 pm »

Turn One Hundred and Four

Y.

Not long ago, just a couple of turns in fact, Gervedder gently places the collection of herbs in his inventory, feeling quite fortunate. Nothing bad could come of this, right?

Stealing a fellow herbalist's herbal collection?

"Is there any way I could earn a discount on any of your items, sir?"

”Oh, why, yes, sir, there certainly is... Me mother-in-law, you see... she's a right pain in the arse. She's got... a poorly foot. Oh yes. If you took care of her for me, well, I might certainly be stretched to make quite a generous discount for you...”

Run toward a wealthy-looking storefront.  Veer to the side at the last moment so the boulder smashes the store.  Loot cash register and quickly depart.

Go back and collect flatfoot.

"Blimey!" shouts Tackov, at the onrushing evil boulder, "Or even crikey!"

He sprints as fast as he can towards ...the nearest solid gold underwear shop, ...leaps aside at the last moment, and gibbers with uncontrollable glee as the enormous malevolent rock smashes the shopfront, sending magical alarms ringing and onlookers fleeing. He wades in, grabbing high fashion solid gold string vests in one hand and platinum studded y fronts in the other, before rolling about on the floor in a pile of actual diamond g-strings.

...There's only so much he can physically carry, solid gold pants being quite heavy, and after a few moments of the best looting of his entire life he remembers his squashed foot, back on the highway into town. He runs back out of the shop just as a dozen town watchmen turn up.

...He does his best naked innocent one legged cripple impression and hobbles on past them to pick up his foot.

Loot Acquired: Tackov: Solid Gold Lingerie!

Go look for an axe shop. They've got those, right? Peruse fine selection of axes if possible.

...As the town watch approach, Gervedder starts looking innocently about, whistling, and suddenly notices the shop next to him, with a sign reading “Ye Fine Axes”. He walks right in as a constable of the law walks right by, and looks over the fine selection of what appear, indeed, to be rather fine axes.

Being quite an axe novice though, he's not entirely sure he can discern the subtle differences between models, or their intended purposes.

It is indeed fortunate that a fine axe saleswoman just happens to be working today.

”Can I help you, milud? After a fine axe, sir? What kind of axe would we like today?”

Brandish <<pick>> at haggle of biddies.

I'm warning you old biddies, I've got ... this <<copper pick>> and I'm not afraid to use it!

...Not very far away from his comrade wizard's ramraiding exploits, Bukkar is trying to threaten old women.

There's about 6 or 7 of them now though, and they're just not particularly impressed with his puny pick, and rather than tell him through the medium of actual telling, they decide to leap straight into a redoubled attack, and take turns smashing him about the ugly face, hopefully until he vomits himself unconscious and they kick him in the nads until they've had enough and strip his pockets clean.

...Unfortunately for them though, they're quite feeble, and none of the blows do worse than irritate Bukkar further.

"I guess it's all up to me. Messenger! We're...I'M...going to be sneaking inside the castle and confronting Lord Nirila. You don't have any bonuses to stealth so I'm not sure if you should come..."

As her comrades ran about carrying lingerie and being beaten by the elderly, Lady Foxglove decides to act. All she has to do, she realises, is wait a little... either until it becomes dark, until her idiot accomplices' actions are resolved, or until said idiots provide enough of a town-wide distraction for her to be able to sneak inside Nirila's castle and garrotte the little shit.

Wait, what is she thinking? She's more than ridiculously stealthy enough to probably sneak into the obnoxious Lord's pants in broad daylight, rip them off, and choke him to death with them – just as long as the creepy fiend has nothing up his sleeves.

Pfah, she thinks. It is obviously completely up to her, in any case. Nothing gained, nothing lost, and all that.

Nothin- eh?

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.104
« Reply #1312 on: April 03, 2014, 03:39:33 pm »

Bukkar irritated! Whirlwind rage!

Whirlwind Rage I!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 03, 2014, 03:42:21 pm »

"And how should I take care of her? I might need some upfront "reassurance", depending on how you want me to do it. And I'll need to know where I can find her, for that matter."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 03, 2014, 03:49:11 pm »

"Well..." wells the shopkeeper, stroking his chin, "How about I lend you this Crossbow of Flaming Death to show my good will... no, wait, that'd be too obvious. Too... yes. Possibly too silly. How about I give you a groin protector to show my good will and concern for your groin, and if you return, having... taken care of her, I'll give you a solid steel breastplate for... free? No! For... fifty yuros. How you take care of her is up to you - as I say, she has a very terrible foot... She lives down the road, in the yellow doored house..."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 03, 2014, 03:49:42 pm »

"I am looking for an axe suitable for rapid swinging and easy use while running. The kind of axe a raging warrior of the forest might use. Preferably sharper, however. Perhaps with a spike on the back to serve against armored targets. Would this be possible to obtain?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 03, 2014, 04:15:16 pm »

"You're in luck sir, I have just the kind of axe you're looking for - only a handful left in stock, in fact. I've got the standard Raging Warrior of the Forest Axe, a deluxe Rapid Raging Warrior of the Forest Axe, a fine Rapid Raging Warrior of the Forest Axe and a Rapid Raging Anarchist Warrior of the Forest Axe. Prices range from 250 to 500 to 750 to 1000 of your best Nirilian yuros, sir. Or any other yuro, really, seeing as they're the generally accepted currency for thousands of miles around."

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 03, 2014, 05:09:44 pm »

"Can you throw in a helmet with that breastplate for an extra 50?"

Wait for his answer, and head down for his mother-in-law's house if he says yes. Otherwise, make another offer for a combined price of 150 on the two items, then 200 if 150 isn't good enough.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:39:39 pm by Chink »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 03, 2014, 07:54:02 pm »

Sylvanna snapped out of her daze to slip into a wonder. So many things! What weapon or weaponlike to choose... she knew her choice of weapon would be very important. Did she want to shank things with the razor edges of a broken ceramic vase? Bludgeon them with a pike that had seen better days? Beat them with a chandelier?

Better go with something reasonable.

Loot a buckler and several bottles. Break and attach bottle to buckler edges, forming buckler of sharp death.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 03, 2014, 11:08:29 pm »

((Way too good rolls.  Horrible horrors will be headed my way shortly.))

"Now that's more like it!  I bet that bint Foxy would love this shite.  Hey, why am I still carrying these rocks?"

Ditch the heavy rocks.  Go pawn all but one set of lingerie.  Take money to the Ye Olde Magicck Robe and Wand Shoppe.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 118