Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190925 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.81
« Reply #1005 on: November 08, 2013, 12:36:14 am »

Has the fire gone out yet? If not, keep resting.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 08, 2013, 12:47:57 am »

Action: Start rapid firing crossbow bolts down the hole! I'm sure to hit something!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 08, 2013, 12:49:38 am »

Bukkar cackles.

Retreat back into my barrel of doom.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 08, 2013, 01:31:28 am »

It looks safe to move about, yes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 08, 2013, 01:34:50 am »

Okay then. Rest a few moments, keep crossbow trained on the hole. If kobolds emerge, shoot. If naked wizards emerge, don't shoot. If a mixture of both emerges, run in circles indecisively.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 08, 2013, 01:37:34 am »

It looks safe to move about, yes.

Lady Foxglove fired a few arrows at the GM as well, who had come floating perilously close.

"You're supposed to use brackets to indicate out-of-character speech! The fourth wall is already in quite poor shape enough in this game, don't you think? And make sure my next turn is extra glamorous!" She ordered.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 10, 2013, 12:10:32 pm »

"So uh.  Now what?"
"We wait to see what happens down in the hole?

Peer down into the hole, with a crossbow and a bolt ready for shooting.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 10, 2013, 02:32:55 pm »

"Works for me."

Acquire clothing!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 11, 2013, 07:00:42 pm »

Camp hole. If naked wizards emerge, acquire a blood tithe. If other things emerge, also get a blood tithe. Curse crafting!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.82
« Reply #1014 on: November 13, 2013, 05:04:58 pm »

Turn Eighty Two

Retreat back into my barrel of doom.

...It seems, thinks Bukkar, that he has been hanging around outside this bloody hole in the mountain for ages. Like, nearly a week or something. It's pretty tedious, so he pats Roñardo the Faithful on the shoulder, and strides purposefully past. He gets to his barrel, sloshes it around a bit to release the aromas, and climbs inside, closing the lid after him.

There's a slight delay, and then an eyehole opens up, and a beady little eye presses up against it.

Okay then. Rest a few moments, keep crossbow trained on the hole. If kobolds emerge, shoot. If naked wizards emerge, don't shoot. If a mixture of both emerges, run in circles indecisively.

...Gervedder also feels like he's been here for quite a long time, but he's resting, so it's alright, right? Wait, alright isn't a word? What? He's extremely puzzled for a second, and then gets back to the vital task of training his loaded crossbow on the top of a twenty something foot deep hole that two mages just had to use magic to escape from. Flying magic.

Just then he turns round to see his naked mage colleague standing behind him.

"So uh.  Now what?"

”That is most unnerving, the way that you... were just standing there, naked. Watching.”

Tackov quickly whips out a saucepan, and covers his dignity.

”You're not in the hole? No, clearly not. Hmm.”

"Anyway, now what is we wait to see what happens down in the hole?

"Uh. Okay? Works for me."

Action: Start rapid firing crossbow bolts down the hole! I'm sure to hit something!

Just then there's a slight commotion, which is a relief to all concerned, as nothing has really happened for some time. Except a nail trimming competition and some burning and some noises. Lady Foxglove swears she saw something move down there! ...She holds down the trigger of her crossbow and a series of bolts blast down into the darkness: ...she's rewarded by three dull thuds and one wailing murderous cursing deathscream!

”Yeah! Oh, I say – is that a passing cloud? A talking passing cloud?”

The perceptive lady spins round and ...blasts a couple of bolts off into the suspicious talking cloud, which seems to float away a little, and then gets back to staring into the hole. She tries to feel glamorous, but it's difficult whilst you're peering into a dark hole next to a naked-except-for-a-saucepan mage.

Peer down into the hole, with a crossbow and a bolt ready for shooting.

Acquire clothing!

...Encouraged by Lady Foxglove's pretty competent success, Whiz also looses a bolt into the unknown. Well, what would be unknown if he hadn't just come from there, come to think of it.

His bolt's greeted by a yippery high pitched squeal, and he's just about to celebrate when he suddenly notices that there's a naked mage (except for a strategic saucepan, I know) rummaging about in his inventory. It takes ages rummaging through Whiz's inventory, but finally Tackov is done.

...He stands there holding his new Fancy Clothes.

Whiz stands there, looking at Tackov holding his old Fancy Clothes

Item Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Fancy Clothes!

Camp hole. If naked wizards emerge, acquire a blood tithe. If other things emerge, also get a blood tithe. Curse crafting!

...For the second time in a few seconds there's a commotion, albeit a slightly less slight commotion. In fact there's what could probably be called quite a severe commotion, one accompanied by quite a severe scream.

Everybody stops staring at Whiz staring at Tackov and immediately looks round to see the source of the severe screaming.

Everybody except Medha that is.

She seems to have fallen down a hole.

”Help!”

”Oh, hello! Is that you, Medha?”

”Yes! Help!”

”Where have you gone?”

”Down the hole! I'm down the hole!”

”Why?”

”I fell, you idiot!”

”Look dear. First, you want our help, I presume? Second, you fell down the hole. Choose your words carefully. Why did you fall down the hole?”

”Look, I didn't do it on purpose! Get me out of here! There's three kobolds down here with me, and I think the live one... I think the live one kind of likes me...”

”Well, we'll er... we'll look for a rope of some sort?”

”Please, that would be nice. Oi! Eh! No no no no no. No! Get- Don't- Keep a- No I don't want any- Oh bloody hell. Oh dear. Yes, he seems quite besotted. Can I, er, can I briefly revisit my first point, please?”

”Which was?”

”Help!”

Lady Foxglove is just about to torture Medha with a witty and withering remark of some sort when there's a bit of a commotion behind her, this time, and not in the kind of commotion behind you that you might expect if you were Tackov, noted Wind Mage.

The five adventurers who aren't fending off the affections (and, indeed, kind gifts) of a quite distraught kobold in a dingy hole turn as one.

It seems they'd totally forgotten about the quite obvious hole in the side of the mountainside mentioned a few turns ago (the horizontal one, not the vertical one that is Bukkar's fault), which is a shame, because if they hadn't, the dozen kobolds led by a slightly scarier than normal (it's relative though, isn't it, with kobolds) kobold wouldn't have been able to sneak up on them and point crossbows at them in a threatening manner.

The leader speaks.

”Throw down your arms! Come quietly and there'll be no trouble! You are charged with... general trespassing and being a nuisance to our ceiling! The penalties... will be severe! Hahahahah!”

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.82
« Reply #1015 on: November 13, 2013, 05:53:41 pm »

"I'm not sure we're supposed to be captured this early in the story." Lady Foxglove says, leafing through the script.

((OOC: I dunno, we can probably beat on them but....somehow all you guys have been injured already and we're down a person...well if you all wanna surrender Lady Foxglove is going to fly away on her squid and conduct guerilla war on the kobolds, while you all get thrown into the thunderdome to battle giant badgers.

Anyway, discussion! I can't do all this myself.))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 13, 2013, 10:49:32 pm »

((Can we try diplomacy? I believe a male kobold arguably counts as a humanoid male, and we could certainly remind how much more of nuisance we'll be if they don't let us kindly please leave the mountainside immediately.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 14, 2013, 12:23:34 am »

((I could pretend to be an inanimate object, you guys lure him close to my barrel and then I 'eat' him.))
Sig! Onol

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 14, 2013, 03:50:23 am »

((Can we try diplomacy? I believe a male kobold arguably counts as a humanoid male, and we could certainly remind how much more of nuisance we'll be if they don't let us kindly please leave the mountainside immediately.))

((I think they are more like rats, or dogs, or lizards-or some annoying yet adorable combination of all three. And we can't exactly leave the mountainside-we're here for the drum.

Anyway, I could certainly try and pull another trick from the RP bag...))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 14, 2013, 03:53:25 am »

((I can attempt ... thuggery intimidation tactics, mayhaps?))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 118