Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190894 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.82
« Reply #1035 on: November 15, 2013, 11:00:37 am »

"But... but I like kicking kittens! It's one of the high points of my day. And if we were good, and invited you in, you'd probably come in and steal stuff! Just look at the size of your bulging inventories, you can't tell me you got all that by being good! Yer great feckers! Ehehehehe!"

GLOMP MODE ENGAGED.

Meanwhile...

”Eeekkkkkkkkkkks! Eeeek! Ehehehehehehehe! Eeeeeeeeeeeek!”

There’s a scurrying sound, a creak, and, in the darkness, a brief flash of less-darkness and then the loud slamming of a rock door.

Medha is somewhat more alone than she was, but at least she has something which, in the darkness, kind of feels like a squashed and cold naked frog.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 15, 2013, 11:26:48 am »

"But... but I like kicking kittens! It's one of the high points of my day. And if we were good, and invited you in, you'd probably come in and steal stuff! Just look at the size of your bulging inventories, you can't tell me you got all that by being good! Yer great feckers! Ehehehehe!"

"I'm not saying you can't kick kittens, obviously. That's your prerogative. But we really have no need to start trouble here, which is likely to happen if you try to haul us in by force or shoot us to death. I'm also not saying you should be good, which is just as silly an idea as being evil. Instead, let's all be reasonable here. I'm sure there is some way we can smooth over the misunderstanding that's developed here - we have no reason to fight you kobolds at all. What's already happened is more the result of hostile wildlife continually assaulting us for no reason. So why can't we be civilized to one another and talk this over, and you can go back home to kick a kitten if you feel like it before the day is done? Hauling the lot of us in is likely to result in no less than three hours of yelling, walking and being generally irritable for all parties, no? And who wants that, really?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 15, 2013, 02:32:04 pm »

Shuffle slowly toward the kobold.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 15, 2013, 03:26:40 pm »

Hold fire, but if stuff goes south, Gee Whiz and double-barrel Wind Blast kobolds into kobolds.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 15, 2013, 03:29:51 pm »

"And who wants that, really?"

Shuffle slowly toward the kobold.

"Right," says the kobold leader, pointing his crossbow at Gervedder particularly hard, "So you all gonna bugger off back down and off our mountain then? And never come back? Eh? EH?"

His tone of voice and the violence with which he points his crossbow makes it rather clear that he has had enough negotiations for one day, and that the negotiations thus far have rather had an injurious effect on his calm. His calm is not improved upon seeing a moving barrel advance on him menacingly.

"Keep back, foul-smelling barrel-demon! Keep back or I'll shoot yon master!"

((edit: right - I might do a proper turn since I have time before the weekend.))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:35:57 pm by lawastooshort »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 15, 2013, 03:41:57 pm »

"Sure. After all, we only blundered in here by pure accident. We have no reason to bother you lot. So can we just leave, then? 'Bugger off back down', as you put it?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 15, 2013, 03:48:28 pm »

"Sure. After all, we only blundered in here by pure accident. We have no reason to bother you lot. So can we just leave, then? 'Bugger off back down', as you put it?"

"Er. Yeah. Okay. I... suppose."

The kobold has a slight look of disappointment.

"But we'll be watching you, eh! Don't try anything funny! If you don't go all the way down we'll shoot yer full of... full of crossbow bolts! Ones what we spat on! Eheheeheheh!"

The idea seems to have cheered him up perceptibly.

"Okay lads," he says, turning to his troop, "We're gonna let them go!"

There's a chorus of groaning.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, BUT! If they try any funny stuff, we're gonna shoot 'em! With crossbow bolts what we spat on first! Ehhehehehehe!"

There's a chorus of cheering. A few kobolds get bolts out of quivers, and spit on them. The others keep very beady eyes on the five adventurers.

"Well? What you waiting for, Thursday? Come on! Feck off!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 15, 2013, 04:31:11 pm »

Tackov shrugs.

Feck off.  At least a bit.  Stay with the group, at any rate.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 15, 2013, 11:56:25 pm »

Happily feck off down the mountain with the rest of the group.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 15, 2013, 11:58:04 pm »

Slop unidentifiable substance onto kobold leader and roll off.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 16, 2013, 01:41:07 am »

Stoically feck off right down the mountain.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 16, 2013, 01:48:00 am »

Lady Foxglove is still checking the script, and hovers off in the direction of the party.

"...what's this about a giant bird? A metaphorical giant bird? Who wrote this tripe?..."

Action: Frack off down the mountain. Read 4th wall script for juicy plot details.

((what a horrible plan. We could have bargained our way INTO the mountain!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 16, 2013, 02:04:21 am »

((But then we would have been at a great disadvantage on the presumably highly numerous enemy's home turf, while a whole bunch of us are quite wounded and lacking in HP. This way, we get to come back later under more favorable circumstances.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 16, 2013, 02:08:00 am »

((I need to get a healing vomiting ability or something.))
Sig! Onol

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 16, 2013, 02:36:25 am »

((But then we would have been at a great disadvantage on the presumably highly numerous enemy's home turf, while a whole bunch of us are quite wounded and lacking in HP. This way, we get to come back later under more favorable circumstances.))

((Depends how many more encounters we roll on the way...

Ugggggggh

Edit: On the upside, at least we're leaving Medha behind. I'm sure she'll fit in just fine.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 118