Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190915 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.77
« Reply #975 on: October 25, 2013, 09:01:59 am »

We need Errol to post, me to update P&P, and also me to stop spending about 4 updates worth of time on making a D&D character. Arg.

All the plants are dead, yes, and I think Errol is the only one not on fire, because he was standing on a rock.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 25, 2013, 09:25:24 am »

I didn't catch fire because I was flying in the sky.

Also, all those things. Arg.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 25, 2013, 09:42:03 am »

Well, I think I've finished the character sheet, and have done half the update for P&P, so it's better than it sounds, (but not much). If Errol hasn't posted by the time I started on the update he can just stay on his fireproof rock slowly regaining HP.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 25, 2013, 09:44:20 am »

Or perhaps make a stone curse using said rock and some of her accumulated blood.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 25, 2013, 10:16:50 am »

To curse stones and increase their chances of being stood on by humans? A terrible fate.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 25, 2013, 10:27:52 am »

Clearly, yes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.78
« Reply #981 on: October 27, 2013, 04:10:47 pm »

Turn Seventy Eight

Flail away from the fire stoically. If possible, extinguish self.

Gervedder Vietzo, even the most casual observer might agree, isn't particularly pleased about his current situation.

"It would seem that I am on fire now.”

His head is, indeed, on fire.

"And somewhat cursed."

He is, indeed, inflicted with a curse that makes him liable to fall over at the slightest flail-attempt, which is somewhat worrying given his position on a steep and rocky mountainside.

"How very unfortunate."

And it is indeed, quite unfortunate. If only he'd been standing on a fireproof rock like his wise companion Medha Correo the Great, Wise, and Most Beautiful Curse Crafter! He realises the excessive heat near his brain is causing a rapid-onset mental illness when he thinks this last thought, or at least the honorific part of it, or at least the last part of the honorific part of it, and he stoically smacks himself about the head in a bid to regain his senses as he makes a desperate dash for Medha's rock.

He flails at his face and hair with his hands, ...extinguishing his burning headlump like a veteran of self-inflicted fire-related calamities, and charges joyfully towards Medha. ...He jumps, he stumbles, he just manages to land on his feet, and he stands there, still for a good minute, gasping, wobbling, ...and setting his toe on fire.

"Bother."

Fire Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Burning Toe!

Action: Dispel the unfashionable curse from myself by PURE WILLPOWER. Use Ravena's ear! Oh yeah DON'T FALL DOWN I'LL BE DIED

Lady Foxglove is less pleased than Gervedder was both before he extinguished his burning head and after he ignited his burning toe – curses are so last season, and she'd rather be burning than... she spits... last season.

Although, the thought occurs to her, perhaps on this strange world curses are actually in?

The moment of doubt threatens to ruin her attempt at dispelling the offending and repulsively coloured curse with merely the power of her pure fashion sense, but at the last second of mental combat she realises: she's never seen an image or statue of Ravena wearing a curse! It's normally like some fetching earrings or something else expensive, and never in a clashing colour... ...The almost religious epiphany saves her, and Lady Foxglove saunters about in the air, floating above the burning scorching mountainside feeling quite smug and, even more importantly, super-presentable once again.

She'd probably feel more shame if anyone had seen her wear the awful thing.

Or perhaps make a stone curse using said rock and some of her accumulated blood.

...Fire is raging all around her, but Medha is a professional. She doesn't let things like intense heat and burning comrades put her off: no! She sits down on her rather warm rock, fetches some of her blood out of the depths of her inventory, heroically chips a flake of rock from under her backside, and concentrates.

She's fairly sure that her invention is unique – not even her mentor had ever crafted something quite so... crafty as this. Behold! she thinks, holding a small vial of prepared curse liquid up to the light – a Curse of Being Stepped Upon!

Someday, somewhere, some fecker of a rock is gonna be taught a lesson, and get really stepped on.

Curse Prepared: Curse of Being Stepped Upon!

Extinguish all my burning parts, and move away from the fire..

"Well," chortles Whiz, hopefully, amused at finally acquiring burning hands, "At least the plants are dead."

He thinks things over for a second.

"Ow!"

...He beats his hands with his hands, whilst screaming fire! fire! but unfortunately he's trying to put out his burning hands with his burning hands, and all he manages to do is transfer one bit of burning to another bit of burning, and once he's finished all he's got is some right-sided flame on his left hand, and some left-sided flame on his right. The flames feel briefly disorientated,  but Whiz just feels still-burning.

...He decides to move away from the fire, which is surely something easier to do than extinguishing fire with fire, but fire is everywhere, and he just walks into some more fire, and acquires some more fire, this time on his head.

He really feels quite warm.

Fire Acquired: Whiz el Whiznificento: Burning Head!

Activate Rage Flight and uppercut Tackov out of the hole, kicking my legs to propel myself out of the hole. Dump Tackov on the ground and continue rising. Once I'm at a good height above the battlefield, rocket down to the plants while still kicking my legs for the momentum bonus and lightning punch them. If no plants available, choose a random target.
Oh, and vomit all over my own face to extinguish the fire.

GNOGDAMMIT! screams Bukkar, in a nearby hole, I HAD A WORKFORCE GOING HERE! GET OUTTA MY HOLE!

The menace in his voice – and the instruction, in fact – is kind of ruined by his immediately exiting the aforementioned hole, ...flying perilously close to Tackov's chin as he does so, so perilously close that Tackov can smell the burning stench as the air whooshes past him. Bukkar shoots directly up powered by pure anger, reaches a height of several hundred feet, and comes storming enragedly down, fist outstretched.

There's some kind of voice in the back of his head telling him to aim for the plants! aim for the plants! but he soon ignores it when his surprisingly-competent-for-this-time-of-the-day front of the head tells him there aren't any plants, just flames, fire, burning, and burning colleagues.

Oh well, mutters the middle part of his head, and he screams down, ...punches Gervedder Vietzo in the face with an electric fist, lands quite daintily, ...and then proceeds to vomit what seems to be distilled alcohol all over the particularly unfortunate messenger. And himself.

The distilled vomit immediately bursts into flames.

Damage Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Damaged Face!

Fire Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Burning Chest!

Fire Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Burning Guts!

Give Bukkar the rocks.  Don't get hit too hard.  Self-extinguish.

"Errr... sorry?" shouts Tackov after the departing – and now even more burning – Bukkar.

"Have these rocks?"

He's not sure how it might possibly make things better, but it's probable that that train of thought never actually left the brain station, so he picks up a bunch of rocks and starting launching them out of the hole he's apparently rendered so awful for the poor Bukkar.

...He'll never know if Bukkar is mightily touched by being very moderately touched by a bunch of rocks, causing some mild shin bruising and some less mild cursing, or if Bukkar is in fact terribly enraged; he never even gets time to think about it, because he suddenly remembers his face is on fire, and not only is his face on fire, ...but it seems that in the time it's taken Tackov to throw a dozen large lumps of stone forty foot the fire has spread to his chest.

Still, at least he hasn't vomited for several minutes.

Fire Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Burning Chest!

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.78
« Reply #982 on: October 27, 2013, 04:30:49 pm »

"You are becoming highly counterproductive, my perpetually drunken compatriot. This is unpleasant."

Extinguish self, roll away from the fire as far as possible.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 27, 2013, 04:39:47 pm »

"You know what, do your thing down there. I don't even want to get involved in that."

Trim nails! Oh, right, also conserve them. And any of Foxglove's that might fall down.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:53:09 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 27, 2013, 05:11:13 pm »

BLARGBARGBLE

Extinguish flames via the honorable method of Running Away and Drinking and Bathing in the Nearest Supply of Water!
If no water is available, drop and roll!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 27, 2013, 05:24:37 pm »

"It's rather hot in here!"

WIND BLAST the fire away!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 28, 2013, 02:18:55 am »

"Why is my team so flammable?" Lady Foxglove comments, hovering at a safe and non-flammable height. It smelled fairly horrible though, and all that screaming. She went a bit higher. Ahhh, much better.

Too bad she didn't have a bucket, she might drop dirt on them or something. Peasants enjoyed dirt, and fire didn't, she thought.

Then her ravenvision saw Medha pull out some sort of nail trimming device, to take to her hoary claws, and was immediately sure it was some sort of stealth insult upon her, Lady Foxglove. She'd decided she would not be out manicure'd on this day!

Action: Trim nails!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 28, 2013, 01:48:15 pm »

Continue putting out the fire using any abilities necessary to have as many attempts as possible, and drink the middling health potion. Of course, do this all while screaming as loudly as possible for help.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.79 - Choose your stakes!
« Reply #988 on: October 29, 2013, 03:39:54 pm »

Turn Seventy Nine

WIND BLAST the fire away!

Is it rather hot in here? Or is it the natural side effect of having a beard made of fire?

Tackov decides now is not the time for some ground-breaking science, and instead of investigating the phenomenon concludes without a second thought:

"It's rather hot in here!"

...He uses his second thought to, instead, mentally blast the fire from his rather hot body and rather hot face and smash them against the left hand wall in his small kobold dormitory. It kind of burns and lingers a little, and then drops to the ground, and goes out.

It feels... almost homely, now that he has a chance to look around without a burning face, thinks Tackov.

Extinguish flames via the honorable method of Running Away and Drinking and Bathing in the Nearest Supply of Water!
If no water is available, drop and roll!

Less – a little less – eloquent than Tackov but just as determined in his hate of science, Bukkar is also burning, and desires not to be.

BLARGBARGBLE he shouts, running blindly in a circle until he feels rather hot and realises there is no bathing water halfway up a rather large mountain.

BLARGBARGBLEGGARRGBLE he curses, before rolling about on the floor like a flea-ridden dog that's just drunk seventeen espressos.

...He crackles and pops a little, but eventually the flames go out.

Continue putting out the fire using any abilities necessary to have as many attempts as possible, and drink the middling health potion. Of course, do this all while screaming as loudly as possible for help.

Any abilities, thinks Whiz, in a strange moment of metatalking to himself, Any abilities,?! I have to be careful here... I could... slice of the burning body part? No! That would be... stupid.

It takes several seconds for this last point to actually register as an objection, and then he realises the flaw in his plan, nascent plan though it is.

He isn't screaming.

...He starts screaming as loudly and as wildly as possible, and it's almost as if... it's almost as if, he reasons to himself, trying to work out how this could be possible, it's almost as if he's screamed so loud that he's sucked all the oxygen out of the air immediately surrounding him, because almost as soon as he gets to a certain particularly impressive volume and pitch of scream, the flames vanish, as if pulled into an invisible scream-vortex, or a mini-vacuum. A mini-scream-vacuum.

After another few seconds he decides that sounds like absolute balls, and that it's much more likely that either 1/ he just has amazing subconscious fire-extinguishing skills; or 2/ there was just no more head left to burn.

He raises his hands to check.

Nope, plenty of head left.

Must be the amazing skills.

Oh yeah.

Extinguish self, roll away from the fire as far as possible.

"This is unpleasant," summarises Gervedder, jealously eyeing Bukkar as the well-done warrior somehow manages to stop burning, "Yer big git," he uncharacteristically but rather restrainedly lets out.

...He rubs himself all over, until the fire goes out, and then decides, because it seems like it might be a fun thing to do, to roll all the way down the mountain.

It's almost unexplainable, and really very strange: it doesn't work in the slightest, and one would have thought that rolling down a mountain would be rather simple. But no – Gervedder only manages to roll several metres across the mountain, where he ends up, with Bukkar, next to Medha, on her foot square fire-proof rock.

What he sees next is incredible.

Action: Trim nails!

Trim nails! Oh, right, also conserve them. And any of Foxglove's that might fall down.

He sees Lady Foxglove swooping down low, low enough to make sure Medha can hear her loud and clear.

"Medha!" she cries, "YOU WILL NOT HAVE NAILS BETTER THAN MINE, FOUL WENCH!"

"Wench?! Foul!? There only thing that's foul round here is your stinking WENCHNESS, LADY... FOXLOVE... or something... YOU WANT TO FIGHT? WITH NAILS? WE'LL FIGHT WITH NAILS!"

"I AM NOT AFRAID, CHILD!"

Floating and swooping about above the smoking battlefield wait you haven't even fought anyone for ages innocent mountainside, Lady Foglove puts her hand to her scabbard.

There's a whoosh and a ching! sound, and she draws her nail clippers.

"EN GARDE, FIEND!"

Waving one fist at the swooping floating nail-heathen, Medha uses the other to reach down to her own scabbard, and draw. There's a flash of light, and a sound as if the very air itself, or at least its nails, is sliced apart, or at least trimmed.

Fssshing!

"EN GARDE YOURSELF, BUTTMUNCH! I CHALLENGE THEE... TO THE DEATH!"

Foxglove swoops down low so she can talk quieter, and a little more menacingly.

"So be it..."

She tries to think of something bad. Something... really insulting.

"Medha."

MANICURE-OFF: COMMENCE!

"Wait."

"What."

"Death seems a little excessive. Let us change the wager: we are not idiots like these burning fools. What do I get when I win?"

"I dunno. What do I get when you lose?"

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.79 - Foxglove and Medha required!
« Reply #989 on: October 29, 2013, 03:44:04 pm »

Bukkar decides he has a price!

OI! YOU TWO!
Whichever one loses ...
has to eat ...
a dish of my cooking.
EVERY BITE.

He's grinning rather ferally.

Suggest punishment if lost.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 118