Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191157 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.44
« Reply #600 on: August 07, 2013, 06:13:05 am »

Turn Forty Four

Quote from: Troglodyte Zombie
Throw a rock at… Bukkar!

The party is battered and bleeding and burning; their assailants half reduced to piles of bones.

The troglodyte zombie summons a great rock from some evil void and hurls it at Bukkar Crangrom. It bounces off his fiery arm, superheating into gaseous rock as it touches the combination of burning arm hair and burning rage.

Quote from: Mummified Sabre Tooth Sheep 2
Bite… Bukkar!

The sabre tooth sheep mummy, half choking on Tackov’s arm as it tries to swallow it whole, lunges at Bukkar with its great fangs showing. It totally misses, and nearly rips off its own mummified tail like a demented cat!

Bukkar shrugs off these ineffectual assaults and strides angrily towards the most dangerous enemy left undead: Human Wizard Skeleton 3!

Quote from: Human Wizard Skeleton 3
Melee at… Whiz!

Who, just at that moment, joins his summoned skeletal knight in deadly melee with Whiz. He punches with one fist! He punches with a second magical undead fist! He punches so hard his arm snaps off! Whilst he frantically tries to snap it back on, Whiz elbows the dead mage in the chin, causing him some pain. But he’s a dead wizard, so he ignores it!

Quote from: Knight Skeleton 2
Continue to melee Whiz!

The summoned skeletal knight comes next and as he cumbersomely raises his rusty greatsword, Whiz merely walks away, completely avoiding the blow!

Drink the Minor Health potion to stop bleeding, shoot the trog with a bolt of +1 accuracy.

It’s hard to tell if he ever even noticed he was being attacked, so nonchalantly did Whiz avoid the skeletal knight’s incompetent attack, and as he strolls over to a quieter corner of the room he throws another health potion down his throat, chucks the glass potion bottle away whilst feeling grateful for the now substantially lightened inventory, and aims a lightly glowing crossbow bolt at the pesky troglodyte zombie.

The zombie bleeds!

Run to Whiz, bandage his face with bandages that aren't the Bandage of Healing.

Just then, in the semi-dark of the dungeon, everything goes very dark.

Gervedder’s just covered Whiz’s face with bandages!

Action: Sneak up behind the Skeleton Wizard 3 while he's concentrating on that lunatic barbarian with the sword, and pickpocket his spine.

Meanwhile, as Skeleton Wizard 3 stops trying – successfully – to put his arm back on, stops frowning irritatedly at Whiz and starts staring worriedly at the angry barbaromage who melts rocks with his arms and is advancing on him enthusiastically waving a blood-covered sword, Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III sneaks up silent-footed and admiringly fondles his spine a bit!

He’s a bit surprised, but he thinks he likes it.

Run away screaming while dousing arms in coffee. After the coffee's violent assault on the fire has claimed its toll, wrap some fresh bandages over the burn wounds.

Medha briefly imagines she’s in another world.

Another world where cold coffee and excessive bandages are not the best way to treat severely burning arms…

She’s not though, and cold coffee does at least seem to be the best way to treat her severely burning arm, and it does at least seem to be fairly effective, as she now has just a heavily burning elbow, which is about four times better.

She decides against wrapping bandages over the arm until the elbow goes out.

She congratulates herself for being so sensible, and wonders what that rummaging kind of feeling is.

Bandage the crap out of myself with a bandage I liberate from Medha when she's not looking!

"Blimfeckercrikey!" shouts Tackov, distracting Medha from wondering what that rummaging kind of feeling is. Tackov has just found a bandage! He kind of staunches the bleeding from his face temporarily before equally successfully kind of staunching the bleeding from his severed right arm.

It’ll do for now.

Sword of Severing the limbs off of Skeleton Wizard 3!

”Aha!” cries Bukkar, seeing his victim’s spine being fondled by Lady Foxglove, ”Aha-HA!”

He overdramatically twirls his weapon about in the air and charges forward.

He’s still twirling his weapon as he runs past the skeletal wizard.

Looks pretty impressive though.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:00:18 am by lawastooshort »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.43
« Reply #601 on: August 07, 2013, 06:16:14 am »

Feckfeckfecktjosactuallyhurtsfeck

Extinguish arm fire posthaste! Then commence lightning fistery of Skeleton Mage 3!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.44
« Reply #602 on: August 07, 2013, 06:34:49 am »

Sneak up behind the Skeleton Wizard (failing that, any other distracted enemy) and go for an Opportunistic Attack posthaste, using the Dagger of Good!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 07, 2013, 06:49:28 am »

Okay, now that that was done, Gervedder could address other concerns at hand.

Staunch bleeding thigh with bandages. If time allows, try to finally extinguish self.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 07, 2013, 09:49:12 am »

Is my status correct?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 07, 2013, 09:59:15 am »

Is my status correct?

If you refer to the non-missing wounds, yes. Until now, I’ve counted bandaging rolls of 3 as temporary successes – you don’t bleed for a turn.

But that’s stupid, because it means you’ll just have to do the same thing next turn. Which isn’t stupid, if for example you were just trying to not bleed to death until a valiant comrade gave you a bandage.

For burning, I’ve tried out making 3s reduce the burning heaviness.

I think I’ll do this for bleeding from now on – a 3 (1 step) and 4 (2 steps) will reduce bleeding severity, in line with current European first aid guidelines.

I will edit your status, Toaster.

edit: edited. You are now slightly deader, but further from death.

Incidentally, I hope everyone is still happy with everything and how it is going? There is still a story, by the way.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:02:05 am by lawastooshort »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 07, 2013, 10:26:06 am »

Action: Alright, now his guard is down by my intentional fondling tactic, RIP OUT HIS SPINE MORTAL KOMBAT STYLE!

((@Lawas: Ugh, a story? I did assume you tossing this horrible endless battle was a way to tell us leave this horrible endless dungeon. Frankly I'm getting a bit lost and it's dragging.

Also, I've forgotten how we level up...

Edit: In retrospect, it seems this battles only lasted a week IRL. Seemed longer to me. O_o))
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:33:02 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 07, 2013, 10:34:38 am »

Is my status correct?

If you refer to the non-missing wounds, yes. Until now, I’ve counted bandaging rolls of 3 as temporary successes – you don’t bleed for a turn.

I kind of figured that was the case, but I just wanted to be sure.  I'm fine with it either way.

Tackov invents a few more swear words as he prepares his next move...

Wind Step!  Use my invisibleness to loot another bandage from Medha and recover my arm.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 07, 2013, 12:21:16 pm »

Activate Shield I, beat the last wizard skeleton to death.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 08, 2013, 04:51:30 am »

((I fully expect either all of us to fail our rolls or something epic to happen from so many of us targeting the thing at once.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 08, 2013, 05:18:01 am »

((I think we all hate enemies that summon enemies :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 08, 2013, 05:19:40 am »

((I think we all hate enemies that summon enemies :P ))

((At least these aren't enemies whose summons last after their death - that would be quite terrible.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.45
« Reply #612 on: August 08, 2013, 08:41:35 am »

Turn Forty Five

Staunch bleeding thigh with bandages. If time allows, try to finally extinguish self.

”Aha!” cries Gervedder, realising that the thing that was wrong about last turn was not the fact that he blinded his ally with ferocious bandage application or that it was written in a stupor but that there was incredibly little dialogue and the accompanying flashes of colour,  ”Aha!”

He tries to simultaneously stop drop and roll over his burning chest hair and bandage his bleeding thigh, but kind of lands flat on his back with his leg in the air.

Which turns out to be a fairly good position for thigh bandaging.

”Aha!”

Quote from: Troglodyte Zombie
Melee… dice roll… Medha

Suddenly there’s another cry of ”Aha!” as the Troglodyte Zombie spies Medha trying to sneak off behind the undead wizard.

”Ahhhhhh!” replies Medha, as blood suddenly shoots from the hole in her face.

She stubbornly sneaks on.

Wound Acquired: Medha Correo: Heavy Face Bleeding!

Activate Shield I, beat the last wizard skeleton to death.

Behind her there’s a whir and a buzz as Whiz’s shield finally pops up into action and the wizard strides forward purposefully, stylishly dual wielding his cutlass in one hand and the end of his crossbow in the other. Pausing to vomit enthusiastically over his feet, he raises his crossbow above his head and collapses, a crouching crunched ball of retching muscle.

Quote from: Sheep
Melee… dice roll… Medha

There’s a terrifying roarbaa underground as the sabre toothed sheep mummy lollops round the room, the darkness lit only by burning body hair and the corners of burning adventurers. With surprising deftness the sheep propels itself forward through the air, teeth bared as the great fecker leaps at Medha’s throat. Screaming with considerable sincerity, the teenage curse crafter raises her arms to cover her face and throat… until the sheep rips one arm off and flees!

Wound Acquired: Medha Correo: Severed Right Arm!

Quote from: Human Wizard Skeleton 3
Attack… dice roll… Lady Foxglove

Blood and fire is everywhere as the rampant sheep leaves right arms dotted all over the dungeon floor, and the Wizard Skeleton has to tread carefully as he shuffles round in a circle to strike the fondler Foxglove.

But the Wizard is an idiot, and tries to strike the spine molester before he’s fully turned round.

Quote from: Knight Skeleton 2
Melee… dice roll… Medha

Seeing as Medha is bleeding over everyone and a bit moany, the skeletal knight sees the ideal opportunity to take her out and charges at her.

But he slips in her excess blood, leaving him open to a deadly bleeding melee counter!

It misses.

Action: Alright, now his guard is down by my intentional fondling tactic, RIP OUT HIS SPINE MORTAL KOMBAT STYLE!

The undead Wizard turns to berate his hopeless skeleton, but instead finds himself laughing at Medha’s terrible plight and her terrible attempts to bleed at the knight and, taking advantage of Medha’s expert distraction technique, Lady Foxglove the Fondler sneaks so hard she sneaks right through the wizard!

She turns round, suddenly realising she’s left the bloody spine behind.

Sneak up behind the Skeleton Wizard (failing that, any other distracted enemy) and go for an Opportunistic Attack posthaste, using the Dagger of Good!

Extinguish arm fire posthaste! Then commence lightning fistery of Skeleton Mage 3!

Medha is bleeding to death, but there is loot.

She crawls across the floor, spreading blood.

She crawls quietly.

She raises herself upon her burning elbow.

She takes her dagger out of her pocket and collapses to the floor, smashing her face off the cold rock.

She collapses quietly.

She gets to her feet and punches through the Wizard’s ribcage with her bone dagger, showering the floor with bits of rib and pinning the skeleton in place as a burning Bukkar extinguishes his arm in its face and punches himself in the eyes with the force of lightning!

Feckfeckfecktjosactuallyhurtsfeck

He begins to be horribly sick.

Wind Step!  Use my invisibleness to loot another bandage from Medha and recover my arm.

Unnoticed, Tackov – battered Tackov – slips into invisibility and stalks after his arm, rejected halfway across the room by the bloodthirsty sheep.

He picks it up and wafts over to Medha, bleeding heavily over everything and holding her arm through the wizard skeleton’s chest.

Tackov pickpockets a bandage and, as he turns away in triumph, brushes against Medha’s back.

She turns, startled, drawing her knife out through the back of the Human Wizard Skeleton, who crashes to the ground in a pile of bone.

Medha staggers blindly towards her companions and falls into their arms, vaguely aware that their enemies have all disintegrated or fled.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.45
« Reply #613 on: August 08, 2013, 08:50:54 am »

I suppose it would be a jerk thing to do to not bandage up Medha after horking two bandages.

"Crikey, you look worse than me."

Bandage up Medha with another of her bandages.  If Gervedder uses the Bandage of Healing and she's all good now, use my bandage on me instead.

Also La, I see my leprified face and two severed arms hanging around!  Don't think I don't know what you're tempting me to do!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.45
« Reply #614 on: August 08, 2013, 09:24:55 am »

Lady Foxglove looked around with haughty disdain at her bleeding, retching, burning, limbless teammates-she herself remained unhurt, her health a prim [80/80]. No doubt due to her skill as a professional adventurer, she thought.

She walked around, checking them...hmm, Medha was near death, bleeding from multiple wounds and on fire. Unless someone like-the messenger, maybe...had say, for example a magical enchanted bandage that could cure all her wounds at once, she was done for...

Well, at least no one important was going to die, she thought.

"Well, at least no one important is going to die." She said out loud, stepping over Medha to get at the loots.

Action: Callously loot the enemies while my inept companions retch and die. I want that wizard hat! And I bet a Sabertooth from the sheep would make a good dagger...

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 118