Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169794 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 3]
« Reply #1230 on: July 02, 2013, 10:23:09 am »

I don't know what you mean.  In any case, the third parties need to win before either the town or mafia win condition is achieved.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 02, 2013, 11:13:11 am »

So the question I have is "why are you siding with town?" It honestly doesn't make sense. :\

Also, about lynching third party. We only need one or two of you so we can lynch some traitors due to them being stubborn. The lynch threat isn't empty~ (I think it was leafsnail who assumed this but I need to let you know, we have a predetermined number of lynches. Not one lynch per mafioso.

Tiruin, I think you can understand that we don't want to say who we think you are protecting because we would prefer to have a "half threat" on you rather than make a mistake and immediately have no threat to you. (if that makes sense.) I claimed because it was an idea brought up in scum chat and I though a gamble would be fun. It all makes perfect sense, the only problem is that all the third parties think that they are pro town... which they are not. They just need to use town and we are offering our hand to help you. The difference between town and mafia is town can offer the carrot. Mafia is offering both the carrot and the stick, meaning, if you except either you will be allowed to win, but you only will get punished if you side with town. So tell me. How is siding with town more beneficial to you than siding with mafia?

As for claiming new abilities... we are pretty much fresh out. I do have another ability but it hasn't been used even once this entire game and I don't think it would be of any use now so yeah, I think you know the premise of the scum abilities and you shouldn't hear any new ones added.

This is a post off of memory so if I missed something, go ahead and let me know.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 02, 2013, 11:14:25 am »

Oh yeah, that's something. Leafsnail, why do you refuse to go through with this plan if the target is dariush. I'll unvote for now because I want to here your answer for this.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 02, 2013, 11:24:27 am »

"Oh! On a slightly unrelated note, one of the scum probably lives in House 13. That's where I tried to go night 1 when the scum redirected me. So there's that."

"Deathsword-san, Leafsnail-san, why don't we tie the vote until the rest of the school  meet our demands? If the 'town' or the bullies win get there way first, we lose out."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 02, 2013, 11:34:07 am »

I know I can win with Dariush tonight.  Any plan which involves killing Dariush will have a worse outcome for me than simply winning with him tonight.

And really, I haven't heard any way the mafia can secure my victory, except for a highly unreliable ability that's probably partially made up anyway  In all likelihood, I won't be able to find someone to pair up with before a stalemate busting procedure is activated.  It would clearly be much better to just pair up with the townies tonight (we need to organize that though).

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 02, 2013, 11:56:34 am »

I'd rather thin scum numbers now. I don't like being threatened, and even if we manage to lynch scum every day and Ford (who needs a prod) hits a scum house this night, we still have time to win. We should pursue our wincon, not help others with theirs. My vote stays where it is.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 02, 2013, 12:49:06 pm »

"Well, I thought I'd float the idea. I'm just concerned that the school, now knowing the identity of two bullies, can easily sweep to victory before we can individually win. But I can see why you'd want to go along as is if you think you can win tonight, LS-san. (Also, obviously I don't want to side with the bullies or kick Dariush-san out, rather it might have been in our interests to force a tie). Actually, I'm quietly optimistic that I'll pick the right house tonight in any case..."

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 02, 2013, 01:03:34 pm »

Well then I think we're done for today. Shorten
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 02, 2013, 01:05:12 pm »

Well I think there should be 3 town boys left, so we just need to secure their agreement to meet up tonight and let us win and leave.  I think it'd be safer to lynch S_K today (that would also make it easier to strike a deal too).  Can town boys please weigh in on this plan.

Extend, oppose shorten.   The mafia's only chance is to end the day before an agreement is reached.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 02, 2013, 01:05:49 pm »

NQT:  What comes next?
Hello...

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 02, 2013, 01:57:38 pm »

Also, about lynching third party. We only need one or two of you so we can lynch some traitors due to them being stubborn. The lynch threat isn't empty~ (I think it was leafsnail who assumed this but I need to let you know, we have a predetermined number of lynches. Not one lynch per mafioso.
Well well well... Isn't that interesting? 
Apparently, they have a predetermined number of lynches.  Also, NOT one lynch per mafiaso.
I said multiple. Not all at the same time. At least I think I did. Pretty much equal to the number of scum.
But this quote says otherwise.  First you claim that you can Night Kill as many players as you have scum still alive.  Now you claim to have a predetermined number of lynches.  Nothing to do with mafia members, actually.  And of course your reasoning for being able to "spare" a few Night Kills to deal with third party people is completely ridiculous.  If you had the Night Kill power you claim to have, you wouldn't need any third party assistance.  You could merely Night Kill all of town the first night.  The fact that there hasn't been more then one night kill a night only serves to prove that you don't have that power and you're completely lying about all your threats.

Come on guys.  The scumteam is absolutely flailing right now.  Their "stick" doesn't exist, and their "carrot" involves lynching the only people that can fulfill your wincon.

But let's follow what happens if you do what scum say.  You lynch a male town today (Dariush), then they NK a male town tonight. (Griffon)  What are you left with?  Birdy, who might be a male town?  Are you willing to take that risk?  Oh ya, and don't forget that after you kill off possibly all the town boys, you have to trust the scum to, not only to not kill you, but to NOT FINISH THEIR OWN WINCON.  At that point, there'd be nothing stopping them from merely WINNING THE GAME.  How many of you do you think you can finish your wincon in one or two nights with almost all of the town boys dead?  All four of you?  YA RIGHT.  If you side with town, there's plenty of male to go around.  It'll take at least two days to kill all of the mafia.  By then you'll have ample time to pair up and fulfill your wincon.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 02, 2013, 02:41:08 pm »

Our NK's are... interesting and we need information before we can carry out our actions. This is why knowing the house number and gender actually means something. As for the number of NK's... It's interesting once again and isn't the same as the number of scum. I said that to give you an idea of how many NK's we have. That should clear things up. I think NQT is correct as well. Even no lynching now would be beneficial. Practically to everyone. All third parties win and the town and mafia get to take some time to duke it out and exchange blows. I will go for a compromise and agree completely with NQT.

Toony, If there is a tie between town and mafia and there are a bunch of third parties. Would we assume that each night we would "take 20" so as to not hold up the game and just let the third parties win?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 02, 2013, 02:57:55 pm »

PFP - Nightmares...

Shinigami_King.
So the question I have is "why are you siding with town?" It honestly doesn't make sense. :\

Tiruin, I think you can understand that we don't want to say who we think you are protecting because we would prefer to have a "half threat" on you rather than make a mistake and immediately have no threat to you. (if that makes sense.) I claimed because it was an idea brought up in scum chat and I though a gamble would be fun. It all makes perfect sense, the only problem is that all the third parties think that they are pro town... which they are not. They just need to use town and we are offering our hand to help you. The difference between town and mafia is town can offer the carrot. Mafia is offering both the carrot and the stick, meaning, if you except either you will be allowed to win, but you only will get punished if you side with town. So tell me. How is siding with town more beneficial to you than siding with mafia?

As for claiming new abilities... we are pretty much fresh out. I do have another ability but it hasn't been used even once this entire game and I don't think it would be of any use now so yeah, I think you know the premise of the scum abilities and you shouldn't hear any new ones added.

This is a post off of memory so if I missed something, go ahead and let me know.
"..."

Tiruin stands up and proceeds to the window, carrying a pocketbook with the title of 'Five Great Tragedies by William Shakespeare.'

"I'd prefer to not comment, but I'd also not like to pass up this opportunity."

She flips to a page of Hamlet.

"And Hamlet said onto Rosencrantz, the courtier. 'There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.' when talking about a prison. A state. An allegory of himself that they fail to get because of their intent.

"Now, Rosencrantz is the character of a spy. Hamlet is a prince, and his own father sends courtiers who use their claimed friendship to gain his confidence. They are used as tools, for the father to watch over the nephew, to keep him in check. To note what, and where his deeds are done.

"But they are found out, and Hamlet is dismayed. He finds he has no allies but someone who most would not expect. Not nobility, as Hamlet was, or even one of their guard, but a poor man who has faced more than any nobleman would. And to him, Hamlet goes. Because he knows that with the courtiers' failure, every move is crucial.
"

She turns around to look at you in the eye.

"I am no noblewoman. I am no knight. I am no princess who has people at her disposal. I am but a student. A scholar. A learning woman. And I know, in the least, when someone is lying to me and trying to broker my intention. That I would resort to your cheap parlor tricks and games of dice and cards to perhaps 'Win the pot', how you say.

"Hah! Your feet have no purchase on my lands. My house is compromised, yet I am now alone. You say we want to look 'pro-innocent', yet you drop your words that they bleed of your intent."

She flips to another page and brings up a bookmark. On it are figures of a cartoon angel and demon, as well as stylish handwriting in cursive font.

"A warrior knows that an angel and a devil dispute the hand that holds the sword.  They say: 'you are going to fail. You are going to miss the right moment. You are afraid.' And he is surprised. Both say the same thing.

"Then the devil continues: "let me help you."
And the angel says: "I’ll help you."
That is when the warrior notices the difference. The words are the same, but the allies are different.

"Now let me say why I'm going into elaborate deconstruction of my words onto you."

> You write a threat. A point in which I would abandon my case and principle, for the notion of a 'win'.
> You forget my own intention, as it is contradictory to yours.
> You lack any sense of targeting. My target can be guessed by the lot of you, and you only state a general fact which is in all sense: intangible, unless I acknowledge it.
Tiruin. "scum party" has a good idea of you must protect and we will NK this person if you do not follow through.
Dear me your grammar. "I shalt protect!"
> Vague, spurious threats.

"See, the context of my quotes are times wherein a decision must be made. On one hand, there is always the notion of listening to the one that would offer help, something which assumes and gives control to the receiver as to not leave room for contempt. Yet there is the other hand which aids without holding back. Something which you, in you folly, have missed time and time again.

"Somehow, you're giving up you and zombie urist's stay in this school to shadow your third accomplice. Someone you know would be able to hide in this chaos. You offer me the carrot and the stick, yet I do not like carrots on sticks. I prefer them boiled, not caught raw. Not something to dangle and to be eaten like a crude implement.

"You say above as if you know I'm protecting a third-party as denoted by the orange marker. Why have I not given up? Because I know there are innocents. Because I have to protect that one man. That beacon of my salvation. Perhaps even be in his house to ensure it, but I don't doubt his capabilities. He is a good man, through and through.

"And obviously, siding with the good guys is always the more fun choice. I know the premise of your threats; you know the premise of my house.

"Why don't you be a darling and face me like a man, hmm?

"I'd love to know why you're using my ally as bait, and not disclosing his name to all who would hear, along with why. You've your bargaining chip. Bargain. Now."

Come on guys.  The scumteam is absolutely flailing right now.  Their "stick" doesn't exist, and their "carrot" involves lynching the only people that can fulfill your wincon.
*cough* obvious allusion is obvious.

We aren't stupid. No thinking third-party or town would just jump and claim like so--that is ascertain, however why they would is still nebulous. It doesn't make any sense on why they would jump the bridge.

New loophole: They has redirecter. Who're we lynching?
Lynch redirect? That's something new. And quite overpowered. I mean, turning anyone into a semi-jester for a day? That would just hand scum the LYLO on a platter.
I was poking at the voting pattern before. Who was about to be lynched that would cause this utter catastrophe. Perhaps they claimed to draw fire from him?

This is the first claim. This is the votecount before that.

Toaster: What was your purpose of even finding your ball of yarn? I'm still reading over your posts, and post-cat claim, it isn't ringing well with my intuition.

You got changed into a boy which "made you TOWN" from a 'survivor'. Why did you assume scum did it?

You still haven't answered my query to knowing NQT.

Toony, If there is a tie between town and mafia and there are a bunch of third parties. Would we assume that each night we would "take 20" so as to not hold up the game and just let the third parties win?
Would we assume that you're flailing enough to ask the mod a really specific situation wherein you expect him to answer that?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 02, 2013, 03:31:30 pm »

Tiruin:
Toaster: What was your purpose of even finding your ball of yarn? I'm still reading over your posts, and post-cat claim, it isn't ringing well with my intuition.

You got changed into a boy which "made you TOWN" from a 'survivor'. Why did you assume scum did it?

Finding the yarnball was my wincon, instead of lasting to game end.  I just needed to be alive to find it.  Now it gives me an unspecified role boost, so if anyone happens to know where it is...

I assume no such thing.  I just figured I'd ask them, since they were claiming things.

You still haven't answered my query to knowing NQT.

*sigh*  Yes I did.

Tiruin:  We've gotten disconnected somewhere.

I do know NQT's house and gender.  I do not know NQT's silhouette, nor do I know anyone's silhouette.  (Besides my own and Ford's claim which I buy.)

I know someone else's house and gender, but I see no value right this second in saying whom.

I know this because

I can confirm NQT is female, by the way, because I was in his/her house on N1.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 02, 2013, 03:42:34 pm »

Finding the yarnball was my wincon, instead of lasting to game end.  I just needed to be alive to find it.  Now it gives me an unspecified role boost, so if anyone happens to know where it is...
"I doubt we'll be able to know its in our houses. Not in 7, at least...Unless I somehow have a magical yarnball.

"Why can't you just buy one in the store? Yes this is a serious question."

"I mean about missing the silhouette. That was my query. It's just there, back a few pages."
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 100