Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169792 times)

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 3]
« Reply #1185 on: July 01, 2013, 03:47:59 pm »

Known third party house numbers

Leafsnail is in house 2.
Deathsword is in house 3
NQT is in house 14
Tiruin is in house 7.

I can guarantee that if you follow "scum party's" plan we can no lynch until all third parties have won. I hope you realize that there only needs to be one male town and he can spend his time alone with each of you night after night. Also, one male is the worst case scenario. This means that even in a worst case scenario of this plan, all third party will win.

I would also like to address the fact that towns cooperation is not necessary do to an ability one of the scum team possesses.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: July 01, 2013, 03:50:42 pm »

I also support the extend. I want to give everyone to think things over. I encourage you to extend as well. It will not harm anyone and it will give you an opportunity to think of your next move.

With scum teams help, town's cooperation is not needed and there is no reason to side with town. You do not win if town wins so there is no real reason to rely on them.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 01, 2013, 03:51:20 pm »

Damn it I meant to Extend. Sorry for the triple post.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 01, 2013, 04:31:37 pm »

I would also like to address the fact that towns cooperation is not necessary do to an ability one of the scum team possesses.
Explain fully.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 01, 2013, 04:34:12 pm »

In addition, with one male townie alive the mafia's win condition would almost certainly trigger and end the game.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 01, 2013, 04:46:58 pm »

Explain fully.
'Gasp'
Don't question the mafia!  You know that they can insta-kill you all at the same time right?  Of course they haven't used this power ever before, but that in no way means that they don't have that ability.  Better to blindly trust scum, and believe everything that they say.

Real post coming later tonight. 

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 01, 2013, 04:54:32 pm »

I said multiple. Not all at the same time. At least I think I did. Pretty much equal to the number of scum.

Also leafsnail, I will not elaborate on this because there is no benefit for us if you have this information and do not side with us. I'm laying out everything here. And it so happens that everything is comprised of a lot of good options for third party.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 01, 2013, 05:17:14 pm »

If you do not elaborate then I am not siding with you.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 01, 2013, 05:29:42 pm »

I live in house 5 and I am a member of the scumteam. Unless the third party members side with us, a subset of them will be bullied and thus lose. We can guarantee that all currently living third parties will win. Otherwise some remaining third party members will lose.

We will eliminate town until there are an equal number of scum and town, then we will no lynch. Then the game can not end until all third parties have won, and the scum team will also win.

I recommend Dariush today.

In addition, with one male townie alive the mafia's win condition would almost certainly trigger and end the game.
Lynching all the scum will end the game too.

"ZU-san, Tiruin-sama, a self professed bully is about to be voted out of the school and you want to extend the school day! What, are you hoping people will change their minds about Shinigami-Heika? I oppose extension."
Yeah. And you should too.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 01, 2013, 05:50:09 pm »

PFP
"You're saying this as if it's a fact. That, and you still haven't explained in full on that terrifying house you've got Leafsnail."

Tiruin:  We've gotten disconnected somewhere.

I do know NQT's house and gender.  I do not know NQT's silhouette, nor do I know anyone's silhouette.  (Besides my own and Ford's claim which I buy.)

I know someone else's house and gender, but I see no value right this second in saying whom.

The comment about tunneling is in regard to survivor behavior- hunt, but not well, to avoid both the lynch and the NK.  Plus, tunneling is easy.

...Yes we have. I'm confused muchly.

Tiruin brings up Lenglon's tape recorder and stuffs a new batch of tape into it.

Extend.

I'm the catgirl, who is now a catboy.

Given everything everyone has posted, I think (aside from the bullies*) all the males are town and the females are third party.  I *was* a survivor, who was out to find my yarnball which is in one of the houses somewhere.  Last night, I got changed into a (cat)boy which also made me town.  I don't know who changed me, but it was someone's role effect.  I still want to find my yarnball, which now gives me some sort of role power when I do find it.

I'm not sure how I got targeted.  I was alone in someone else's house last night when it happened.  I can confirm NQT is female, by the way, because I was in his/her house on N1.

*I say this because I have no data to work with on this, so it may be dangerous to extend this assumption to them.

Note- This is also why I tunneled Jim and Ranger so much- I was a survivor trying not to get nightkilled.  I still support the Ranger lynch, though.

"So how didn't you know NQT's silhouette?"

I live in house 5 and I am a member of the scumteam.
"Pretty nice given how horrendous your play was. You will not cow us into submission, you stupid meaniehead.

"You want to hurt people? You want to give such a baldfaced lie that people will be persuaded? The gall of it all disgusts me. You think we're lacking in smarts as to follow our wincon and let the innocent perish at your hands, just because you've become a victim to immaturity and outright bullying?

"I cannot see why, or how you would make sense in your plan. Nor why do you think it would work given the sheer obviousness that while you and your allies still draw breath in our school; we're all at harm.

"You are [STUPID]. You want to win by threats? Empty as they are, I am no traitor to my word. Despicable tactics. Ruination.

"Just get out
zombie urist. I've been wondering why Shinigami would stoop so low as to claim such, but it is obvious he's allied with you--his antics confirm what I've been suspecting ever since the first day.

"And I believe you're both allied with either Toaster or Leafsnail. Preferably the latter judging by his scary house. The third one is always in hiding. Why did you claim?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 01, 2013, 06:25:53 pm »

Toony, requesting all the prods on Birdy.
Toony, requesting all the prods on Birdy.
He just posted, like, yesterday!

It's justified though. I just returned from a conference and was busier than normal today, so I am still trying to wrap my head around all of these developments.

I will also Extend, so I have time to get back into this.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 01, 2013, 06:29:35 pm »

Tiruin looks at the rest with an obvious expression of dismay.

"Come on people! Don't fall for the obvious trap! They're baiting us. They're using the obvious notion of their combined knowledge against ours! What happened to the good sense of logic here?

"They are three, we are alone. Yet we are combined, right now! Here!

"Either request the principal to extend the time until 7pm or we're doomed at dusk...

"C'mon you guys..don't tell me the class I've used to love has become all self-centered now.."

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 01, 2013, 06:32:38 pm »

Come on its true. Our plan actually maximizes the number of people that can win while also allowing the scumteam to play to win.

Unless you totally lied about your wincon this should allow you to win too. We'll just avoid killing the dude you need to protect.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 01, 2013, 06:38:45 pm »

I recommend Dariush today.
If Dariush dies then I will not co-operate with you under any circumstance.  And again, I need you to explain exactly how you intend to allow third parties to win if they co-operate with you, considering the fact that townies could all clump together in one house and make it impossible to spend a night alone with any of them.  Otherwise I'm pretty sure our best option is to just kill off the claimed scum and pair up with townies.

Lynching all the scum will end the game too.
The game potentially ending is not really an issue when I have town co-operation.  It's much more of an issue if the townies are actively mobilizing to make it impossible for third parties to win.  Shinigami_King claims he has a way to avoid this issue, but the fact that neither he nor you have explained what that way is leads me to think that not such way exists, and you intend to use third parties to gain a stranglehold on the vote then leave them high and dry.

"You're saying this as if it's a fact. That, and you still haven't explained in full on that terrifying house you've got Leafsnail."
It's a reasonable inference, and I don't think there's any need to "explain" a minor quirk of flavour.  In any case, the game has moved on a lot since then and your theories simply do not make sense in light of the recent claims.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: July 01, 2013, 06:43:33 pm »

"Ooh, if we're being all honest for a moment, was the scumteam responsible for Leafsnail-san's house being so goshdarned scary?"
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 100