Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169646 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 2]
« Reply #930 on: June 16, 2013, 12:55:51 am »

NQT: Why did you vote two people in such a short period of time? Do you think RC's claim was the logical choice?

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 16, 2013, 01:15:57 am »

"Oh! I actually meant the vote on Phantom-san to be merely a suspicious finger vote. Wrong colour! I don't think Ranger-kun made the right choice strategically speaking insofar as getting their condition fulfilled, but I believe the claim (though I'm not necessarily convinced by all details, like not being able to leave the house). It's good for town that they were honest with us. Do you think helping a benign third party is good for the students or the bullies, given our current understanding of the house system?"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 16, 2013, 04:10:35 am »

Dariush: That profanity is going to get you expelled.  :-X
Prefixing words with italisized 'shit' is not profanity. It's merely an anti-honorific intended to display my disgust at the word being prefixed, similar to how Japanese uses honorifics.

Dariush: Well then, why don't you answer all the questions i gave you? Second post of page 60 if you didn't see it. Or are you going to ignore them under the guise of "Their stupid questions" as your doing right now?
There are only 19 pages. Unless you are using the obsolete 15ppp setting, in which case like hell I'm going to go looking for your post if you are too lazy to even quote it.

Shitnigami, I don't see a player named Daruish in this game (or on this forum, for that matter). Are you sure you didn't misspell someone's name, Shitnigami?

If your case consists on this non-existent Daruish of anything more than OMGUS, Shitnigami, be sure to point those reasons out, because I'm not seeing it. What I'm seeing, Shitnigami, is you expanding on the RVS questions, Shitnigami, and, notably, an absence of any case whatsoever for, Shitnigami, voting for this Daruish. Shitnigami. Also, Shitnigami, apparently you have enough time to carefully dissect your shitquestions, Shitnigami, but still continue excusing yourself by school, Shitnigami, and not doing anything productive at all, Shitnigami. So you're lazy, activelurking, OMGUSING scum who promised to vote only when he has a decent case and instead did so because your target dared to question the validity of your shitquestions. Shitnigami, Shitnigami, Shitnigami.

P.S.: I'm sorry if I misspelt your name, it's very hard to spell it correctly. Shitnigami.

Toony, Solifuge and PotL have both been absent for 200+ hours. Dead people have only been absent for 100. And while the latter has been absent from the forum entirely, Solifuge has no qualms about posting (a lot) in other threads. Do something with them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 16, 2013, 07:20:00 am »

Dariush: I'm pretty sure intentionally aggravating people like this is what you do when you're trying to push a bullshit lynch.  Are you pushing a bullshit lynch?

"I'm not sure I should say yet where I saw Cool Boots-chan in case she lives in that house (it was a girl's house) and the bullies get her. Is that understandable, Ranger-kun? I think the vote to have you evicted is stupid. You obviously want more love in your life and if we could get more houses shut then we increase our chance of catching the bullies in the act, no? Do you disagree, Leafscum-san?"

Spoiler: meta speculation (click to show/hide)
What the fuck are you talking about?  Setups have randomized roles you dingus.

RangerCado's claimed role is just about pro-town, but the fact that he appears to be lying (at best I suspect it doesn't have to be a town boy or that it is a town boy who's removed from the game) and not town means he really isn't worth keeping in the game.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 16, 2013, 07:41:52 am »

PFP

"Come on, Leafsnail-san, you've had all this time to think about the notion, and you come up with a probability? Explain how that could be a lie, because at best, your case leads to suspicions and not sure footing.

"What's worth keeping in game--something scummy, or something which doesn't directly affect you? Yea, you seem to be working on the principle of begotten knowledge. Aim for whatever threat presents itself because it presents itself. Please answer my query to you earlier. Also, could you reiterate your case on Ranger? It seems like you're spinning around there with conclusions and proceedings.

Tiruin flips a page in the blue pocketbook.

"Also, swearing is a no-no, looks like NQT-sama has gotten you by the tongue, hmm?"

"I'm not sure I should say yet where I saw Cool Boots-chan in case she lives in that house (it was a girl's house) and the bullies get her. Is that understandable, Ranger-kun? I think the vote to have you evicted is stupid. You obviously want more love in your life and if we could get more houses shut then we increase our chance of catching the bullies in the act, no? Do you disagree, Leafscum-san?"
"NQT. I have a thing with wording and grammar, as well as books and literature, and something irks me on the side of an ability-based-word. Why do you ask Leafsnail if he disagrees in that manner?"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 16, 2013, 08:09:30 am »

RangerCado seems to me to be lying about his role because if he were telling the truth he'd want to instantly reveal his room number, or else there would be literally no point in claiming.  He didn't, and stalled, which strongly suggests to me that he was lying because his claim contradicts his actions.  If he's lying that means his role is probably worse for town than advertized (up to and including "is actually a mafia member"), and therefore worth lynching.  In addition, his lack of credibility means the one potentially pro-town aspect of his claimed role (the pseudo-cop ability) is totally useless.

Finally, he definitely isn't town, so lynching him is lower risk than lynching anyone else.

This...makes a lot of sense when you see it in a protective way, actually. I'm with this strategy.

HOWEVER

How does the bolded portion make sense?
I wrote a response to this earlier and then closed the window without posting it, sorry.  Basically I mean that if the mafia is forced to go to specific houses they can't take other actions as they please - as you say it's basically a protective measure.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 16, 2013, 08:47:13 am »

PFP

For ex.  You didn't say what house is yours.  You'd have incentive to do this if you were scum.  You wouldn't have incentive to do this if you were the role that you claimed.  If your only defense for this garish mistakes is that you don't think logically, of course I want you out of the gameI don't want you muddying up the waters, regardless of what alignment you have.  Scum aren't allowed to claim stupid every time they make a mistake.
Griffin, I'd like a thorough explanation of the bolded portions. He hesistated, apparently, but he gave out the house #, as well as that other house he inspected. You seem to be undermining his condition by pointing out a previous statement which doesn't relate to the current statements going on. Where was the orange portion, and what did you do about it given your abject stance on the matter?

Explain why and how, along with how the first statement makes him scum.
I'll do the bolded portions separately. 
You didn't say what house is yours.  You'd have incentive to do this if you were scum.  You wouldn't have incentive to do this if you were the role that you claimed

What I meant in this statement is that Cado never claimed his house number when claiming his role.  This is inconsistent with the role he claimed, which requires someone to go to his house in order for him to win.  It's hard to go to someone's house if you don't know which house it is.  Scum, on the other hand, have motivation to keep their house number secret.  There's most likely a cop or vigilante who operates on house numbers, and any scum would be very reluctant to give out their house number.
Why @ bolded part?
I explained the bolded part.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 16, 2013, 08:52:48 am »

...Because you think house numbers are the key?

PFP-writing long post @ Leaf

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 16, 2013, 09:51:55 am »

I think that ranger probably didn't reveal his house number straight away because people like myself would want to keep him alive but never go to his house. Revealing his house number may have just screwed him over.

Dariush, or should I keep saying Daruish do to you screwing with my name? Anyway, the lower amount of content coming from me is because of school which will be finished this week (3 days to go!) But to appease the great Daruish gods I shall try to find some time today to make a nice beautiful long and strong (at least to my standards) case on you.... It shouldn't be that hard to be honest seeing as you know... you're bloody scum.

Expect the post with my case in it by 10:30 PM PST today latest.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 16, 2013, 10:01:14 am »

RangerCado seems to me to be lying about his role because if he were telling the truth he'd want to instantly reveal his room number, or else there would be literally no point in claiming.

One thing that debunks that case. You're believing his first statement: Ye Claim. Where I see it: you're believing his claim, and then attacking him for an error due to something related to the claim. Said error equals stalling in the form of suspicious actions due to knowledge along the lines of 'I must attain this objective by meeting [SPECIFIC_GENDER].'

His defense: 'Guaranteed kill'. When actually, it could be the chance of them picking him (which I guess is part of your basis). From this statement, I could judge that he believes the mafiakill to be a house visit-thing judging by his speculation on roleblocks/redirects: here. At the first day, we had 16 people and 14 houses, there was bound to be places which had either extras, or homeless people at game start. One area got bully-evicted, the other got...quit-closed. Now? It would be 14 people, 12 houses. Which is what we've got now. We have the case of dual pairing here: me and Deathsword; whoever the other two in our houses are, either won't claim, or (as I think of it), are probably bullies or the original homeless players. (Though..beginning the game with a bully in the same house? Too much theoretical thinking at the moment.)

Anyway: Panic..going back to the main point: he's thinking it's a sure kill on the mafia side. I'd agree with you on the lying about role thing, but I can't see in any other way on how that'd be formed as a lie (relying on gender..that's one thing to look out for. Lenglon mentioned some romance point in her PM, something which is also vaguely hinted in mine..somehow). Plus: it would be such a glaring act requiring the gall to claim such (and then flail afterwards) to still be scum after your own plan has been foiled..by yourself.

Which would, in its essence, be a totally horrid waste of time, equaling a very flail-y third-party. While I'm pretty annoyed at his antics, it doesn't match up when you mark him as a mafia member ('Hey guys let's do x and y and do z and a on Day 2 so...') because that would either mark him as a true actor, or someone who has messed up the communication lines.

In addition, his lack of credibility means the one potentially pro-town aspect of his claimed role (the pseudo-cop ability) is totally useless.
I say nay, my dear snail. His inspect marks a number. Whether house number or number of people in a house targeted (I blame grammar for claim reasons, or my own comprehension is dipping low due to time of day here..), I leaned on the latter when I answered him back.

Because he tells the truth. I am in house 7 (in which my ability of today is useless to help with), and I've got some guy with me who stayed the night over, in a cordial peace. Or as far as I could tell anyway.

Finally, he definitely isn't town, so lynching him is lower risk than lynching anyone else.
Which would also equal to something that goes between threat, and neutral possibility. He's a third-party, and I've no qualms to disbelieve that (But if he IS mafia, then either his buddies got my location; that dude with me is one of his buddies..which really strikes me weird because of how the silhouette looks or something else, which doesn't really make much sense to me).

RangerCado seems to me to be lying about his role because if he were telling the truth he'd want to instantly reveal his room number, or else there would be literally no point in claiming.  He didn't, and stalled, which strongly suggests to me that he was lying because his claim contradicts his actions.  If he's lying that means his role is probably worse for town than advertized (up to and including "is actually a mafia member"), and therefore worth lynching.  In addition, his lack of credibility means the one potentially pro-town aspect of his claimed role (the pseudo-cop ability) is totally useless.

This...makes a lot of sense when you see it in a protective way, actually. I'm with this strategy.

HOWEVER

How does the bolded portion make sense?
I wrote a response to this earlier and then closed the window without posting it, sorry.  Basically I mean that if the mafia is forced to go to specific houses they can't take other actions as they please - as you say it's basically a protective measure.
I'll quote Lenglon here to advance my point.
"My role would have changed each night, for the first four nights. Each night if I stayed home I would either have gotten no power, a house-destroying nightkill, with a 50% chance of killing everyone in the house, and guaranteed to destroy the house itself, which would force the house's owner away in any case, a beacon that would redirect 20% of all people to my house if they were going anywhere, or a defensive ability that would send back home anyone that tried to visit me, and leave them stunned for the next night as well. I could not save up these abilities to use together, but if I wanted to keep a power, I could visit someone else, without using it, and save it for later. In any case, I would become powerless after night 4."
If a player is in a house, that is only when an ability can work: Said abilities affect either the house, or the location, or people in transit. I've no ability at the moment which does any of the above but I'm really believing that abilities must act in such a manner:
> The ability user must be stable in a house and not in transit.

I'd like to ask you what you think about the mafia faction and their factional kill given that you've proposed a plan such as that. I'm guessing they've a factional kill--used by one of their members each night--and the others can roam around freely with their abilities and whatnot. They can appear harmless, but then they'd know which silhouettes belong to who and watch the thread for what subtle claims exist (as I'm pretty much singled out now, but in that way I'm backing up Ranger's claim).

PPE: Pup

Note ahead: This post has been a conglomeration of tired thoughts from the day..so I'm speaking my mind here.

PPE: Shini
Dariush, or should I keep saying Daruish do to you screwing with my name? Anyway, the lower amount of content coming from me is because of school which will be finished this week (3 days to go!) But to appease the great Daruish gods I shall try to find some time today to make a nice beautiful long and strong (at least to my standards) case on you.... It shouldn't be that hard to be honest seeing as you know... you're bloody scum.
Too tired to check back. What's the difference of him, and the others voting for Ranger as I guess that was your case before? It has similarities to them.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 16, 2013, 10:07:37 am »

Dariush: Okay, i didn't know you could change that. So here you are you lazy, self-centered person.
Dariush: Your being an idiot. You think i'm scum, fine, but your playing like i'm the only scum player there is. I said to search for others because no one thinks there is just 1 bully, and yet you continue to bluster and yell at me. Your not hunting for anyone else when there is other people around and there is obviously atleast a second bully. Your arguement is based off of 1 self contradiction when i forgot something i had already said at midnight when i was too tired to remember. Since then, you've called me a lying scum, giving almost nothing to argue the point with because you don't care. Your not helping the town, your going for a band wagon lynch.

Or if you don't have the patience to understand what i'm asking, Why do you appear to think i'm the only scum? Why aren't you doing any other scum hunting? Why do you not care who is lynched as long as you get your way? Give 3 good reasons, that aren't you having a temper tantrum, why i should b lynched.

Leafsnail: ...You realize how unbalanced that would be right? If anyone visits my house I win as long as they didn't kill me? That is unbalanced to the max. And your being lazy and unhelpful. What you've just said, is "i'm going to go for the easy lynch because he claimed he isn't town." I have the most harmless role in the world, and your gonna kill me for it? And I didn't claim my house number immediately because i don't want to be NKed in anyway shape or form. (Been tossing around the idea of a possible second SK but it seems unlikely)

Your whole case is three points:

-You think i'm lying.

-I'm not town so I should die.

-I didn't want to reveal my house number.

My counter to these:

-Why would i lie when the town is how i win (only the males yes but i don't know who anyone is)

-Why don't you go scum hunting for a bully instead of taking the lazy route like Dariush? Your killing me for not being town, because theres no reason not to? You lose a vote trying to help the town!

-I have no desire to be NKed in anyway, shape, or form. Simple.

Enough ranting for now, Answer my questions Dariush and Leafsnail.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 16, 2013, 10:10:27 am »

Tiruin- Daruish seems to have dropped more scumtells. I'll go in depth into my case with him by the end of the day.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 16, 2013, 11:07:44 am »

Tiruin- Daruish seems to have dropped more scumtells. I'll go in depth into my case with him by the end of the day.
Tiruin plays Lenglon's recorder as a gift from the good friend.

"Seems to."

"Is that all the difference there is? Because Dar..'seems to' have dropped more scumtells? Other than that, what's your take on them then?"

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 16, 2013, 11:26:58 am »

Do you think helping a benign third party is good for the students or the bullies, given our current understanding of the house system?"
I don't think helping RC is beneficial to either side right now. Assuming he's telling the truth, he can't leave the house, so he really can't do anything so we can just leave him there.

RangerCado: What is the flavor behind your win-con? Also please learn the difference between "your" and "you're".

Griffinpup
Griffinpup
Griffinpup: Why haven't you voted yet? Why has the majority of your D2 content been about RangerCado's claim. Do you believe or disbelieve his claim? What's your opinion on DS's case?
shinigami:
Have you asked ANY meaningful, non 'RVS' questions this day?  I can't seem to find any.
This is basically the exact same thing Dariush said.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 16, 2013, 11:30:46 am »

ZU: The only flavor i have is that the only reason i'm coming to school is because their kicking people out. I was then told my ability, thay i can't leave my house, and that I have to spend a night alone with a Town boy to win.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 100