Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG  (Read 30508 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG
« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2013, 03:16:56 pm »

Ask about Fungeon. Lounge around as the rest of the team leaves so I'm the last one out, and before leaving, mention "I'll be back for the funhouse".
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2013, 04:40:11 pm »

Churar: Chug booze and say "Fungeon please."
The barmaid pulls out several clipboards with large stacks of paper attached to them from behind the counter.

"Sign here, here, here, here, here, and here. By signing this waiver, you agree not to hold the Bouncing Viper Inn liable for any loss of limbs, loss of life, loss of soul; contraction of magical maladies including but not limited to: curses, hexes, magical compulsions, mummy rot, zombism, vampirism, werewolfism, secret replacement by a doppelganger; the contraction of non-magical maladies including but not limited to: mutations, cyborgification, absorption into a hive mind, secret replacement by a pod person, mind-controlling brain slugs, manifestation of psychic powers, cloning by mad scientists, cryogenic freezing, being placed into suspended animation, techno-curses, time cloning; and/or any combination of the above or any other adverse effects perpetrated on your person while adventuring in the Fungeon of Broom.

"Once you've signed your waivers, I'll show you the secret knock and you'll each need to tell me one thing that only you know, so that we can verify you're not a doppelganger or pod person before we let you out again. I'll be locking the door after you, so, if you forget either of them, you'r shit out of luck."

Ask about Fungeon. Lounge around as the rest of the team leaves so I'm the last one out, and before leaving, mention "I'll be back for the funhouse".
"If you make it back in one piece, I'll give you a discount."

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 05:38:19 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 17, 2013, 07:51:35 pm »

Sign.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 17, 2013, 08:10:09 pm »

Sign.

Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 17, 2013, 08:19:34 pm »

Sign.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2013, 09:07:25 pm »

Sign.

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2013, 10:00:26 pm »

Sign.

Sign.

Sign.

Sign.

(This same thing will happen with anyone else who's in the area and does the same thing, and will possibly retroactively happen simultaneously, but I'm doing this now so that stuff happens and everyone knows what's up.)

Betty takes your waivers, teaches everyone the secret knock, then listens one-by-one as everyone whispers their secrets in her ear. Once the last secret has been told, she leads you down a flight of stairs to a large door with many locks on it. She puts keys in five of them, kisses one, sticks a finger in another, and whispers something inaudible to last one. The door opens with a loud creak, and she gestures you in.

After you all go through, she closes the door after you, and your eyes spend several seconds adjusting to the dim light of the Fungeon. When you are able to see well enough again, you notice four tunnels ahead of you which, while they don't have any signs near them, they do have symbols drawn next to them that my indicate what they are.

The first tunnel on the right has somewhat rough walls and ceiling, but a paved floor, and seems to have torches rather far apart but close enough that all parts of it are at least dimly lit. Next to it, there is a simply picture of a ship with an equally simple squid below it.

The second tunnel from the right was a well-paved floor and stone brick cover the walls and ceiling as well framing its entrance. The whole way seems to be very well lit. On one of the bricks there is a simple picture of three houses together, as well as a smiling face beneath.

The tunnel to the left of that also has a simple picture of houses, except there are only two instead of three, and they are separated instead of together; underneath this is a simple picture of a cloak. This tunnel is rough all around, with torches spread so far apart that some stretches of it are completely without light.

The final tunnel on the far left is completely rough and without light. Next to it is a crude picture of a dick. You're not sure if this is just graffiti or actually symbolic of what it contains.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2013, 11:10:18 pm »

Churar: Accelerate Self, then through the squid tunnel.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 17, 2013, 11:59:08 pm »

"Know where the fungeon of broom is?"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 18, 2013, 12:01:02 am »

Run around shoving the medicine down people's throats!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 18, 2013, 01:30:26 am »

What do you guys think of the pace of this game?

I have been replying to people's actions singly or in small batches, since it does tend to allow more things to happen and not make things like conversation or single duels slow the game down waiting for everyone to posting post an action to get on with the game.

However, such a thing does tend to mean that those who don't post as often may not get a chance to react to things that are going on in the game. One thing I hate about some freeform PbP games is how the pace of the game is set by the fastest posters, and everyone else is left in their dust. Also, replying to posts singly does have the downside that you can't have a bunch of actions happening at the same time and interacting simultaneously.

So I don't know. Both, methods have their strengths and weaknesses (some of which I may not have written down because my ADHD brain keeps trailing off into thought about the situation while I'm trying to write about it.) Does anybody have any thoughts or opinions on this?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 18, 2013, 01:59:47 am »

Maybe seperate timelines a little?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 18, 2013, 02:09:45 am »

"Know where the fungeon of broom is?"
So a bunch of stuff happened in the game today. Also I think a bit of confusing may have come up because format my posts a little bit differently than I suppose some other GM's do: I use quotes to denote what I'm replying to and stack quotes to denote that I'm replying to them all at once. I've seen other GM's (or at least Wwolin in the Looter's Delight RTD, but I don't follow that many game threads, so it may be more prevalent) use stacked quotes to denote that all of the quoted people's actions are happening together, and anything outside the quote stack doesn't interact at all with what's going on in another quote stack, whereas, for example, in the last post you were quoted in, stuff happened pertaining to your character after my direct reply to your quote that you seem to have missed.

As for a recap of what has happened since then: The old man, Pauly, also asked you to bring him the Cream of Good Health, offering to pay double whatever that other mysterious man, apparently named Bill, offered, and told you to go to the village of Broom to see Betty at the Bouncing Viper Inn, as she could show you to the Fungeon of Broom.

Then Churar used his time magics to Critically Accelerate everyone to Broom, people went into the inn, Betty made everyone sign a waiver, and also they have to tell her a secret that they only know as a part of security procedure (against dopplegangers) to be able to get back out again. Once you're inside, she locks you in, and my second-to-last post describes the first room of the Fungeon.

Maybe seperate timelines a little?
How do you mean?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 18, 2013, 02:54:28 am »

Like sort of seperate the players into groups depending on where they are geographically and then update on a group-to-group basis.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 18, 2013, 06:26:48 am »

This isn't just any wasp nest, this is a nest of Seeker Wasps. They will not stop chasing until they've stung their quarry.

You start running, passing several stores and houses until you reach the outskirts of Lesser Dirtstick, continuing down the road into the forest beyond, passing by an encounter of bugbears, then leaving the trees for the outskirts of Broom, a couple more houses, and you collapse, out of breath, in front of the Bouncing Viper Inn. The wasps all sting you once each, then head back to their nest.

You now have several painful welts on your skin, though, due to your half-watermelon heritage, only half of them were able to make it through your thick watermelon skin, so it's not as bad as it could have been.

Go inn the inn (sorry), ask about the Fungeon of Broom, sign the papers, learn the knock, tell secret.

Enter the Fungeon, go to the tunnel with 3 houses.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21