Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Scumteam Wins!)  (Read 44829 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Full)
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2013, 02:59:49 pm »

Ah, fuck I forgot Nerjin's an IC. Disregard that, but you're at the top of the Replacement list.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2013, 03:02:05 pm »

Ok, that whole think just confused me completely but I understand the basis of what happened. What is important is that I'm where I want to be. Thanks.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2013, 03:03:08 pm »

You could just consider Nerjin to be a dead IC and let him replace in anyway.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2013, 04:32:21 pm »

Or you could, rather, just chuck that Shinigami in the replacement list and forget that whole mistake ever happened XD

Nice to see a new player though.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2013, 04:40:28 pm »

Or you could, rather, just chuck that Shinigami in the replacement list and forget that whole mistake ever happened XD
Nerjin requested a replacement. I thought it was an elegant solution to get a new player into the game.

Okami's more than good enough to serve as an IC anyways.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2013, 08:07:36 pm »

I'm fine with anything~ But hopefully Okami is great because it sounds like he is bravely entering a battlefield of nubes
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2013, 10:58:31 pm »

...Where is everybody?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 24, 2013, 12:55:22 am »

Nerjin requested a replacement. I thought it was an elegant solution to get a new player into the game.

Okami's more than good enough to serve as an IC anyways.
Thank you for the vote of confidence.  I'm far too busy right now to IC properly, but, given the circumstances, I can certainly sub for Nerjin so Shinigami_King can sub in.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 24, 2013, 02:05:22 am »

RangerCado

Okami + SwordSmith: I'm going to continue to investigate Borno and see if i can find anyone else scummy.
And yet you continue to wait for him to post.  Your play reeks of active-lurking.

Okami: I complained about IGs death because i thought Spectr and Deaths votes were from RVS and were left there because they hadn't had time to post.
It's not the fact that you complained, but rather the fact that you didn't immediately come out swinging against them D2 after IG flipped town.  A bandwagon made up of RVS votes is very suspicious.  If it concerned you that much, why weren't you interrogating its participants at the start of the day?

And i agreed with Griffs points but that doesn't mean i was taking cues from him. He left off on Borno but i decided (no matter how weak it may have been) to stay on him.
Why?  What did you hope to accomplish by doing that?

Borno + Spectr: Where are you guys?
Once again, you're using the "I'm waiting for Borno to post" excuse.  Why haven't you thrown any questions his way, so he has something to answer whenever he does?  Are you trying to prolong your scumhunting?  FAKEEDIT: Creating post as I read.  I see now it took both me and Deathsword jumping on you before you finally got around to scum-hunting again, or at least trying to appear to do so.

The only thing i can think of is lurking but when has a scum ever been caught for lurking day 1?
If 9 times out of 10 lurkers aren't scum Day 1, then its not really a good thing to base a vote on.
Lurking is a favorable tactic for scum because it means we can't catch them for anything else.  If we let people get away with lurking, then scum can just lurk the day away and Town will end up killing each other while trying to find them.  Yes, it means that nine times out of ten, we lynch a flaky newbie who isn't scum, but, if we have nothing better to go on, it helps to both remove dead weight from the game and it prevents lurking from being a viable scum tactic.  This is why we have a policy of Lynch All Lurkers (LAL).

Okami: Okay, so your voting me and you have made good points on my behaviour. However, do you have anything on anyone else? Tunneling me isn't going to help the Town too much so branch out to others. What are your reads on everyone? If i'm scum, who do you thinks my partner?
I choose not to answer at this time.  I have two reasons.  The first is that I am sure RangerCado is scum.  The second I will explain today iff certain conditions are met.  I will give a full explanation in my first post on D3 if I am still alive and if those conditions are not met today.

Why are you still not voting anyone?

I am at school, so I'll part more once i escape
Still waiting on you, Spectr.  I'd like to hear your reads when you get back.  Why do you think scum picked Griffionday last night?

swordsmith04 - Why did you only FoS RangerCado, rather than vote for him?  Do you think he's scum?  Who's your primary suspect?
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2013, 02:19:23 am »

Sorry, forgot about this.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 24, 2013, 02:26:04 am »

EBWODP:
*Sorry, forgot about this. Will make post soon.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2013, 06:10:08 am »

RangerCado:
Okami + SwordSmith: I'm going to continue to investigate Borno and see if i can find anyone else scummy.
And i agreed with Griffs points but that doesn't mean i was taking cues from him. He left off on Borno but i decided (no matter how weak it may have been) to stay on him.

SwordSmith: What are your thoughts on being the deciding vote on IG and him showing up Town?
Spectr + The Swords: What are your thoughts on IG showing up town? Do you think he made any good points before his death?
So when are you going to actually start questioning borno? There's only a few hours left to D2, and you've done nothing since Friday. And when you voted for borno, Griffionday was still questioning him - he hadn't 'left off' him at all. You're activelurking, bandwagoning scum, Cado.

It sucks that IG was town and that I was the one who got him lynched, but it's not like town was any worse off with him gone. Guy lurked like crazy. It's hard to judge whether his points were good if he didn't make any.

Okami No Rei:
swordsmith04 - Why did you only FoS RangerCado, rather than vote for him?  Do you think he's scum?  Who's your primary suspect?

I FoS'd him because at the time I thought he was town. A half-step between a vote and not showing my suspicion at all. His actions - or rather, lack of actions - on D2 are pretty scummy however. In particular, saying that he's going to start scumhunting and questioning borno but not doing either, to this point in the day is very scummy.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 24, 2013, 10:21:39 am »

Griffionday (0) --
RangerCado (3) -- Okami No Rei, Deathsword, swordsmith04
borno (0) --
Imperial Guardsman (0) --
Okami No Rei (0) --
swordsmith04 (0) --
Spectr (0) --
Nerjin (0) --
Deathsword (0) --

Not Voting: RangerCado, borno, Spectr, Nerjin,

Day 2 will end at 24/04/2013 (DD/MM/YYYY) at 18:00 GMT. 25:40 hours left.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:00:52 am by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 24, 2013, 10:48:56 am »

MOD - IG and Griff are dead.  Also, let Shinigami_King sub in for Nerjin.  I'll take on Nerjin's IC duties.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 24, 2013, 02:11:54 pm »

Scelly: ...its ending today... but in 25 hours???

DeathSword: IG's mass post wasn't useful and when he started lurking it made him look scummy. Lynching lurkers is better for town yes, but when you don't even give reasons outside of "he's lurking and being unhelpful", then you've killed someone when others were scummy. You didn't give any other cases on anyone, didn't pressure vote anyone, and didn't even vote for an extension during which IG may have come back. Lynching a lurker should be the last place your vote goes when you have no one else, not when you could easily ask for more time to find other scum.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24