Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Clutches of Paganism-IC  (Read 1819 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clutches of Paganism-IC
« on: April 01, 2013, 08:34:57 pm »

Turn One:The Awakening
The world was quiet, without divinity. Prayers went unanswered, and lives went on as normal. Then the Gods awoke. Brung forth by the humans of this world, whether they seek knowledge blessings, or misfortune upon others; they have been willed to do so.
First to awaken is the God of Violence and Mayhem,Gnalgo. The mighty Cobra hears the soul of a young man, about to cautiously enter a rich, and massive jungle.
Second to awaken is the God of Death and Birth,Ulfr who hears the call of a young woman, at the age of sixteen; who was left for dead, and will soon die without intervention.
Third to awaken is the god of Luck and Chance, S'ev Nape; who hears the call of a dying hunter in a dying forest, with nothing left to his name.
Likewise, the God of Vitality and Predators,Makkur; hears the call of a lone hunter and his boy, plagued by misfortune.
Ulam the god of Elders and Illness awakens; hearing the praise of an elderly woman.
Barrish, god of Rains and Fishing awakens hearing the praises of a young Fisherman's boy, healthy as a horse.
Mepheltras awakens, god of the Skies and Magick; hearing the calls of a young magician, who controls wind.
Lastly the God Urh'Raboth awakens, god of the Seas and Adaptability; hearing the praises of an elderly woman by the Seaside.
The Gods awaken
The prophets know almost nothing about what they have brought into the world

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Clutches of Paganism-IC
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 08:44:00 pm »

The magician paused. Something was amiss; the world around him was too quiet. The trees around him seemed to be growing darker, and the sky was growing dim though it was high noon. He looked up.

Eyes the size of the world looked down upon him from the stars, eyes that were arranged out of the stars but shone with a thousand times their brilliance. HE fell to the ground beneath him with a choked cry, paralyzed by the light coming from those eyes. Gradually their brilliance faded somewhat to where he could look at them without being blinded. They moved from their place in the sky, drifing downward to alight just above a tree branch, where it seemed to him that a piece of the sky detached and wove itself around them, creating the shape of ... an owl? An owl, with feathers seemingly made out of the sky, perched on a branch, with eyes bright as the moon, watching him. He crept forward.
"What are you?"
Mepheltras. The Watcher of the Sky. Magik-giver, brought down from the stars to balance this world. You will follow me. It was not a question; rather a statement of fact. travel to the nearest settlement of people. They will be the first to know of my gifts to you. When you arrive, let them touch the crystal, and teach them what you will know. He barely had time to form a question in his head before the world exploded into blazing light.
When he woke up the mysterious owl was gone, and he had in his hands a crystal about the size of his head that was glowing a deep blue. He looked at it in shock and thought of the spirit's instructions. Eventually he made his mind up, and with new knowledge in his head and whatever this was in his hands, he set off for the closest village.

Melphetras grants his prophet additional knowledge of magic and gives him the Glythsone, a crystal that when touched by someone, gives them minor magical abilities that grow through worship of Melphetras. He nstructs his prophet to go to the closest village and convert them to his religion, and let them touch the stone if they are faithful.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:35:06 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 09:06:55 pm »

Appear to the Thin Man as a 200 ft cobra. "YOU. MORTAL. I AM THE GOD GNALGO, THE GREAT SNAKE. I CLAIM YOU AS MY PROPHET. YOU ARE TO SPREAD MY WORD AND BRING PEOPLE TO WORSHIP ME."

Send the Thin Man into a village and begin spreading my word: "Ye, and the Great God Gnalgo did say that all his children shall be blessed with peace and internal cohesion and those who do not accept him shall be forever poisoned by violence. Their brothers shall turn upon each other, their father will lack guidance, and their line will be stamped out."

That village is now my base of operations.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 09:14:35 pm »

((Ptw))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 09:21:13 pm »

(Let's start with Somme RP)

Enter The Shallows. Shift to my humanoid-mimicking form. Head out of the surf and greet the woman.

"Greetings, Ledali, elder of the village of Squidshoals. Might I ask how you are today?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 10:13:33 pm »

Elder Wisdom; Testing Disease.

*thum*

Stone Will; Watery Cure.

*thum*

Youthful Ignorance; Foolish Life.

*thum*

Thunder clouds gathered as the spirit formed. Praise did it hear.

"...children! Treat your elders with love and respect, for they have built..."

"Disease is but a test for all..."

"By my eyes and many seasons I am an example of..."

"The Great Teacher Comes! Herald his path to..."

The earth cracked and spun and the skies were busy with the playing of drums. The sun was blocked for but a moment...and a rain of vomit, feces and tears did fall upon the village.

It awoke from its heavenly womb, birthed by the mother of prayer and the father of necessity. A god; an entity that had existed for eternity, and yet had lived but only a moment. It knew its purpose. It was Krum, Patron of Elders and Lord of Illness. It flexed its incorporeal features and slithered down onto the mortal world, taking the form of the dreaded kangaroo, devourer of men and beasts alike*.

It's features, though horrid, awed the villagers and struck fear into their mortal hearts. Many started to run, but the Prophet only grew happy.

"See the glory of Ulam, lord of all!"

The godly entity looked at them all; the Thirty-Six. 36. 036. They would be his first, his first of many.

"Do not Fear! I have heard, I have listened and I have decided. The Honey-Eater has spoken true of all things and for that she has been blessed; do you not remember her? She was there when your father's father were infants. She will be there when your son's son falls. She has not withered into dust; She has lived for generation upon generation by MY blessing; serve me as she does and you all yet may live for many years longer!."

If the villagers accept my divinity plant the Tree of Life near the village. This tree grows fruit that has several useful medical properties against common ailments and incredibly rare ones.

*(carnivorous kangaroos actually existed. TMYK.)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:48:55 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 10:24:26 pm »

(I think one species of extinct carnivorous kangaroo had one clawed toe on each foot. Unless that was the really big kangaroo.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 10:50:10 pm »

((Can I still join this, or did I have to sign up in the other thread? If I can join, I'll edit this into an introduction post, if not, waitlist or PTW.))

((Woops, read the other thread. Sorry, PTW then.  :P))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 10:57:31 pm »

(I think one species of extinct carnivorous kangaroo had one clawed toe on each foot. Unless that was the really big kangaroo.)
That was the velociraptor, the common ancestor of the kangaroo, wombat, tasmanian devil, and Vladmir Putin.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 11:01:25 pm »

((Guys, talk in the OOC, not here.))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 04:27:09 am »

Ormra wandered the wilds, searching. As she had aged the seasons had grown harsher, and she did not think she could live much longer alone. As she searched, she dropped her bag to the ground, scattering the remnants of her last meal. An apple to be precise. As it's seeds hit the ground they bounced, and rolled to a standstill, and Ormra, resigned to her fate, collapsed to her knees and wept.
 But as her tears hit the seeds on the ground, she heard a growl behind her. A pair of red eyes flashed in the darkness, and there was a snarl. Then from her left came an answering snarl, and a pair of green eyes came into view, gazing upon her not as prey but as a member of it's pack. And as Ulfr gazed upon her, she was filled with a sense of both awe and fear, and stood rooted to the spot, until she felt a branch brush her back. Turning, she was greeted by the sight of an apple tree, grown from the seeds that had fallen. She turned to thank the spirit, but it was gone.
 Grow an apple tree by Ormra. the tree regenerates its' fruit near instantly and offers shelter among its' roots.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 05:01:36 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 05:50:52 am »

Suddenly, awareness...

Sev'Nape saw the outline of the dying human from some distance. Gliding effortlessly over the air currents, he could clearly hear the curses the hunter was directing at his fate, as if somehow something other than his own actions was to blame. Well, this provided an opportunity for some sport - lets see how well the hunter harnesses unusually good luck. Settling on a branch overlooking the hunter, Sev'Nape settled in to watch the show.

Summon a suitable creature for our hunter to try and kill.

This is a blank sig.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 08:50:15 am »

Tired after one more fishing trip Tamin felt asleep and dreamed himself becoming a fish, swimming in the river. And during that dream he met  a marvelous Golden carp
"Greeting the young one who killed so many of my children. Do not worry I am not angry at you, as hunting is a natural part of life, furthermore I appreciate your dedication to learn more about my kind. And I Barrish, offer you a gifts. Now listen all that I have to say"   And Barish filled the mind of young fisher with a knowledge of water dweller, he told about everything, feeding habits, reproduction and anatomy of everything that lived in local waters, from insects and mollusks  to fishes and water mammals. And most importantly he taught about ecology, about the balance between all water dwellers "That's all you need to know for now, young one. And you and your people will get more gifts, all I ask in return: Provide sacrifices to me by dumping food in lakes, rivers and seas

Grant the prophet extensive knowledge about all kinds of fish and other underwater dwellers
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 02:47:33 pm »

It was Arban's child who summoned Hunting Ape to this world. He was just a kid who lived for few years, yet he managed to survive longer than wives and children's of now lone hunter.

Somewhere in distant part of forest barely visible shadow has formed from snow. Soon for few seconds surroundings were filled with squeaks of boar. And it was all quiet again. Arban tiredness was relieved quickly. Instinct told him that something powerful lurked behind the trees, readying his spear in case it would go this way. Still he felt weak like an newborn baby compared that presence. Worst of all his son refused to hide and behaved like nothing was wrong. Minutes passed in slow, full of tension manner. And his kid kept saying something about Beast-master coming here. He tried to stop him, but Habin kept playing his game. But waiting shortly stopped as orange ape with blue tattoos crashed tree just in front of him. It was obvious that spear won't even hurt beast but he threw it anyway. But instead of being hit by it creature catched and crushed spear. "You see! It's a Beast-master!" boy yelled. Arban's muscles refused to move while arms of beast raised to crush his son. But something else happened. Ape left two boars and started... to speak with Habin in tongue made of roars. It left soon relieving fear from hunter. Later with caution but without other choice he decided to finally prepare and eat boar brought to him.*

Bless the meat of boar and animals that will be hunted by that family so they will give great strength to them and speed growing up of boy.

* I might edit last part but without change of actions

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 06:23:36 pm »

Turn 1B:Earning Prophet
In the starving wood, the Hunter and his Child, Narib, witnessed an act of a God, (10)-7 power the boars were as plain as can be, the hunters could not believe their eyes; they brought their food back to their camp to be roasted over a mighty fire. The food gave them hearty strength from which kept away starvation.

Meanwhile, the young son of the Fisher, Tamin, awoke with a startle.(2)-5 power Although the child now had his great extensive knowledge of fishing, it was a little too much for his frail memory to handle at the moment, and he will not be able to recall much of the memory for 2 seasons. He however still retained great memory of his visit by the God, and now regularily dumps the waste of his catch back into the rivers, and streams from which he fishes.

The other dying, Bnarna, hunter fared not well, no matter how much he ventured out to hunt, no animals would venture on his path. But on a single, calm night;(15)-3 power a mighty stag appeared in front of him, almost enchanted by a mystical sight, a tiny yet strange butterfly. He stabbed the stupified creature, and it fell. He returned from his hunt with a triumph. He owes his very life to that strange butterfly.

The young lady Ormra was starving, without anything in the world to aid her. The only thought on her mind was of food. She had not eaten in weeks, nothing was living in this part of the North. (9)- 15 power But as she collapsed from hunger, the last thing she noticed was the head of a wolf. When she awoke, she lay at a mighty apple tree, a sight to behold in an almost featureless waste. She reached up and grabbed an apple, the taste sweet and light. She would not be dying tonight. She crawled into the roots of the tree, and slept; protected from the heavy frost.

Malama was in the middle of gathering her berries from a bush when she heard a commotion coming from the other villagers.(15)-12 A mighty fruit tree was in the center of their village. The first to taste the fruit had their wrinkles vanish almost immediately; and the villagers praised Malama, as her tales of blessing must have been true. A voice even boomed over the village, and some of the maidens and housewives went onto their knees, to beg for a blessing.

Ledali went onto the seaside to watch some of the younger men fish, as it calmed her nerves and soothed her elderly pains. An Octopus, shifting in color appeared onto the shore, and morphed into a humanoid form. She dropped her woven basket and stared in awe at the creature before her, almost hysterical."What is it you desire from me creature?I am doing quite fine."

The Thin Man was about to walk into the massive jungle when a Towering Cobra appeared above his head, entangling itself in the strong branches. When it spoke, it's promise seemed enchanting. He accepted, and headed into the jungle to continue his venture.(8) Inside the jungle, he had caught the glimpse of a naked tribal man, before the man fled into the depths of the jungle.

The wandering Magician was walking on a dirt path through a calm wood, one he had walked many a time beforehand. He saw a spectacle, the stars in the sky had arranged themselves into the shape of an owl. When the owl asked him of the favor, he was almost paralyzed of the sight, but he had nodded his head. When he recovered from his paralysis, (3)-14 power He had a glowing orb in his hand, and a bunch of knowledge that baffled his mind when he even thought about them. It might be a while before he realizes how to use the Orb and Knowledge.
Everyone gets a prophet except for GWG, who need to continue his RP-ing.
Pages: [1] 2 3