Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Clutches of Paganism-IC  (Read 1823 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Clutches of Paganism-IC
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 07:09:21 pm »

Worth it for the roleplaying.

"I am Urh'Raboth, God of Adaptability and the Seas. I wish to help you and your village, so both may prosper. Are there any particular ailments affecting your community?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 07:13:33 pm »

"Never in all my years of living have i see a creature such as yourself. The village is prosperous, and currently has no ailments, besides the occassional drop in food supply; but our hunters and fishermen take good care of that."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 07:27:17 pm »

(Why do I have the only prophet with NO problems? Well, here's a shot...)

"You have never seen a creature such as me? I am...like an octopus, which is a tentacled creature you may be seeing more of shortly."
"What do you--"
Suddenly, the fishermen cried out. A tentacle snaked its way onto the boat, followed by the body of a dog-sized octopus slipping out of the water.
"Over here, my child, if you don't mind."
The tentacle released the boat, letting the octopus slip back under the waves. It crawled into the surf by Urh'Raboth, who placed a kind, gentle tentacle onto it. The octopus crawled onto shore.
Give a good-sized octopus intelligence and the ability to speak in human tounges, as well as the ability to breathe air as well as water. Have the octopus want to be helpful.
"This octopus will help your village. When times are tough, send him to search for shellfish or fish. When times are good, have him climb trees to retrieve coconuts to make wine. I am sure he will be a great boon. Now, can you think of anything else you may need help with?"

(I really hope this works better than that jungle...)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 07:37:17 pm »

(20!)-10 power deducted!The amphibious octopus crawls out of the ocean. It immediately rushes over to the village to help. 5 villagers are quite grateful and join your faith! The octopus also has quite a decent surprise, as it has just lain a clutch of eggs in a nearby embankment. They shall hatch next season.
40 power(15p per turn)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 08:10:35 pm »

"I am glad my friend could be such a boon to you. I will return tomorrow and each following day; let me know if you need my help. For immediate problems, you may call me by taking ground seashell and casting it into the water, calling my name."

Return each day at high tide, providing aid where I can, mediating disputes, etc. Come immediately if one of my worshipers casts ground seashell into the water whilst calling my name.
Sig

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 08:20:24 pm »

SLITHER ALONG SIDE MY PROPHET. PROTECT HIM AND LEAD HIM TO A NEARBY VILLAGE SO THAT HE MAY SPREAD MY WORD.
PLACE SOME FO' RIZZLE VOODOO SHIT UPON HIM, ANYONE WHO DOES NOT ACCEPT HIM SHALL BE CURSED WITH AN DIVIDED HOUSEHOLD AND EVENTUAL ERADICATION OF THEIR BLOODLINE.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 09:01:46 pm »

The women call for blessing. For what? Love, power, wisdom or children? Food perhaps? Food is always good.

The newborn spirit cast his magics and crafted yet another creation.

This creation would aid the village in many ways: they could clothe themselves if they were witty, they could eat plentifully and they would have good pack animals.

He placed a breeding pair of the sheep with Malama, with the careful instruction to not kill them immediately; let them breed and grow fat from the herds they shall bring into the world.

Ulam creates a breeding pair of Ulamian Sheep. They were sheep in shape and form. Coarse wool, tough flesh and strong bodies. They were loyal and not too smart and could live off any kind of plant. Best yet, their remains and excretions increased the fertility of areas by an incredible amount.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 04:41:05 am »

Good. The young one was safe. But now for a test. First, he must arm her. It must be fair after all. if she passed, then he would see. He was god of death and birth after all. one must come for the other to occur.
 From the tree, form a spear. Enhance the tree to attract animals from miles around, although they cannot come within the shelter its roots provide. See how Ormra reacts. If she is fatally injured, save her.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 04:57:34 am »

Sev'Nape filled Bgarna's mind with ideas, and departed to a safe distance to observe him further. The weathered human was interesting - what would he do next?

Place the following message into the mind of my Prophet: "Now go and live a good life. Tell your people not to place thier trust in luck, for it can be good as well as bad, and choices are only half chance. Instead they should strive to avoid relying on the influence of the supernatural - however, I will be watching, hand on the tillar, ready to assist or smite as I see fit. Tell them not of my presence or influence."
This is a blank sig.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 03:20:06 pm »

Barrish enjoyed the sacrifices, that young mind did everything he could. But the Carp wanted more. He was hungry. He needed a spike of power and he knew what he wants

"Your gifts are pleasant, but remember my words about balance... Humans eat fish and the right way to balance thing is to let  fish to eat a human. I need you to sacrifice a human to me and my children. I need you to drown that girl that likes  and trusts you here in the river. should you not do that, I'll kill take father instead

Should prophet do what he ordered, turn the girl into a mermaid. New female only race capable of living only in water, that need humans to reproduce

Should he reject\ignore the order, create a fishing incident,  his father will slip in the water, fall and break his neck
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 03:30:22 pm »

Grovah had just finished her abdulations for the night when he arrived. It started as it always did - the feeling of a pair of eyes boring into the back of her head. She turned around and there it was - the owl.
She didn't know when it had started visiting her, but she knew that it was far more than it appeared. Whatever it was, it wielded great power that even she could not match. Nevertheless, she was determined not to appear weak to it. With a breath to steady her nerves, she spoke.
"What do you want, creature?"
A man will soon come to your village. A traveling man, one the children will be happy to see. He who controls the wind.
I have given him a gift that goes far beyond that, and I have bade him to share it with your people. Welcome him when he arrives, for he will herald the rise of your tribe's glory.
And just like that it was gone. Grovah let out a sigh of relief and contemplated what the owl had said. A traveler?
She would ready the village.
Melphetras goes to a village and foretells the coming of a man who can control the wind who will lift the village to greatness.
He then visits his prophet and guides him toward said village.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 01:43:57 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 05:36:05 pm »

Makkur was disappointed by place which Arban has picked. Scarcity of animals to hunt in there went against odds of Naribs survival. Yet that could not bring his wrath against boy, for he possessed great potential in his body. He could not think of solution for it, as if he would bring them food that would make hunters lazy and demanding. Migration was also not an option in middle of winter. Not until earth would bear life again.
Early in morning Tattooed Ape found two young wolves which found and hunted one of few remaining deer. To be honest it was not only him who found them - Arban and his son found them and intended to recover carcass. Normally Makkur would only observe spectacle, but he had a greater idea for now. Showing himself he stopped hunter from attacking wolves. Then ape had howled in unnatural way and that made wolves froze. So he spoke to boy:
"Strong creatures they are, and so they are worthy of living, specially in this winter. They find prey easily but you are more cunning. Therefore you shall not kill them but hunt together. Tell your father to not strike them and I will teach you how to command them." Young prophet has followed words of god and soon wolves licked
child's hand and played with him.
Change wolves attitude to friendly. Boy shall receive boon allowing to communicate and order them.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:06:04 am by Sorcerer Kail »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 07:54:38 pm »

TURN 2:Decent rolls of Decentness
The god of the Sea visited the village each day, in hopes of aiding the villagers in everyday life.(11) You settle few disputes, and the villagers are comforted by your presence, and still value the single octopus which eggs are soon to hatch.

(17) Gnalgo slithers along his prophet, his very appearance scaring off dangerous animals. Soon enough Thin Man is back on the tracks of the previously seen man after several weeks in the jungle.(5) But soon loses the tracks while heading downhill into some tar. By the time he escapes, the wild man might as well be long gone.

Ulam attempts to make some fine sheep to be added to the village.
(10)(-30 power) You create the sheep, but they take most of your energy. The villagers accept the blessing, and 1 person joins your following.

Ulfr bends and twists a single branch on his Tree.(15)(-15 power) The branch twists into the shape of a sharp spear. The spear is layed at the feet of your prophet, for when she wakes.(17)(-6 power) Many an animal comes and awakens from their winter sleep. Enchanted by the magic of your mesmorization and the Tree. When Ormra awakens, the first thing she notices is the sharp spear at her feet.(12) The picks up the spear and heads outside for some fruity breakfast, and is greeted by the faces of Squirrels, Wolverines, and Foxes. She reacts quickly and fells a wolverine and two foxes before the mesmorization wears off, and is scratched by a wolverine on her chest. She retreats to the roots and watches as the animals are stopped by the magic of the tree itself.

S'ev nape greets her prophet's mind from afar and fills his memories, telling him not to rely on chance too often. But being a Hermit, he knows only of other Hermits. But on his hunts, he meets. The face of a friend(5) He tries to convey your word upon him; but is laughed at by his buddy, and the advice is lain off as common madness. Solitary living can do that to people.

Tamin, of the God Barrish, is doing well with his fishing; but on one fateful night, he was met again by Barrish. Barrish had told him to drown his love, as a sacrifice to him; and disobeyment can mean the end of someone close to him.(15) He reluctantly agrees. He steals the girl away from her household under cover of darkness, as a guise, he invites her to a night by the lake. Once they reach the shores, he invites her onto a small boat, getting more nervous with every second that passes. On e thy reach the center of the lake, he commits the deed. In a fit of thrashing and scratching, she resists quite violently. As she drifts into unconsciousness, you change her form.(10)(-15)She transform into a mermaid, capable of breathing underwater, she awakens once more. Tamin, in disbelief, grabs the girl back onto the boat and gives her a hug. She is quite angry with him, but will get over it with time. In the morning, when her parents discover she has disappeared, they go to Tamin's home and he(7) spills the beans. Angry, her father strikes Tamin and beats him bloody; while her mother stereotypically faints due to the acts of violence being committed to a young boy. (At least he placed Divinity over Love)

Melphetras visits a small village on the path his prophet is traveling. He reveals to them a man might become their savior.(2) They write this incident off as common lunacy, and do strange rituals recommended by their wives to cure it. When your prophet arrives to the village, he is greeted by cold stares, and overall bad hospitality.

During a hunt, the hunter Arban and his son are greeted by a pack of wolves.(18)(-7 power) the wolves leap at Narib, and start to lick his face, and play with him. He even starts to speak in the wolves' tongue.
Early Spring has arrived! Patches of soil are now visible, but it is still extremely cold!(Except in the jungle)

Spoiler: energies (click to show/hide)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2013, 08:53:32 pm »

No one could beat his prophet like that... Especially after he showed his great locality. Dark rain clouds appeared almost immediately and heavy rain started. Then Barrish stroked the land with lightning and in the thunder the voice could be heard

"How dare you to hurt my prophet, one who made your  daughter blessed with my power? "

And many more lightnings stroke the land, many more villagers heard the voice of Barrish

Conjure a heavy storm, use lightnings to burn several houses down (but try to avoid human causalities)and tell villagers that hurting Tamin or his future wife is a very bad idea as they are blessed and protected
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2013, 10:03:39 pm »

Alright, let's kick off the turn with RP!

Urh'Raboth arises from the sea.

"Hello, my child."
"Hello, Great One."
"How are you today, and how is the village?"
"Both are perfectly fine today, thank you."
"I see...I hope you do not take this the wrong way, but I feel almost unneeded here. The first day I met you, you were right; there just isn't much need for a god to help this village. Do you know of any other peoples living nearby, who might benefit from my teachings and such?"
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3