Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199786 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over
« Reply #1560 on: June 05, 2013, 07:35:38 pm »

Another Meph bastard where everyone loses.  :(

Rocks fall, everyone dies...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: June 05, 2013, 07:44:40 pm »

Hmm... I think the intersection between my increasing lack of time and the vast number of players creating more content than I could keep up with meant that I wasn't as engaged in the game as I feel I ought to have been. I wish the Teals had given more concrete information. I felt like, as we had only two actions most of the time and scum actions needed to be undone, we didn't really have the momentum to afford to make incidental moves like lighting town greens- especially as that would have required more trust than was likely to be forthcoming.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: June 05, 2013, 08:03:54 pm »

I was right. Bada boom.

I played terribly and I realize no one was listening to me because of my outbursts. But god-damn. I was making rational arguments and putting more effort into figuring this puzzle out than anyone else. Why was my frustration incriminating when no one else's was?

There was NO LOGIC to Solifuge's argument. Why on earth would I bus Nerjin and freak out when people started casting votes at me? Maybe because NOBODY IS LISTENING TO ME?

*sigh*. The argument to ignore whatever scum says was stupid. I knew what was going on. I figured it out. I ACTUALLY figured it out. I would have figured it out a lot sooner if people had been criticizing my arguments instead of blatantly ignoring them. (Solifuge, I'm looking at you)

Argh. This game has just been one giant puzzle of frustrations.

Still, it was legendary, I learned a lot from it and I enjoyed it all the same. Thank you for your godlike patience, Mephansteras. :)
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: June 05, 2013, 08:24:03 pm »

With my frustrations vented, I would like to humbly apologize for being terribly uncouth and incredibly wrong most of the time.

I don't want for there to be any hard feelings leftover from this game.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: June 05, 2013, 08:40:56 pm »

Well, thus ends my first Bastard and my first Non-Beginner. Probably not my best idea, but I think I did fine. I'm not too surprised we all lost, as the scum all gave up and the Town was perpetually fragmented.

Also, I think there's a pattern here. I always make the wrong decision on the last day. Always. Three chances and three failures, with a fifty-fifty chance every time. Either Tiruin is better than I thought, or I have absolutely zero luck.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: June 05, 2013, 08:44:18 pm »

Of course, this situation by itself is a never ending cycle. Neither side could win since it's too easy to just undo what was voted on. So I gave the game a few more twists:
To be honest I think these changes just made it harder to win.

IMO this game suffered from two major things which together made it tough
1. Too many ressurections / lynch undoes
2. No roleflips
Together they both deprived the town of information and increased frustration as confirmed scum (ottofar) just kept on reviving.

Changing role powers was kinda annoying.

I actually kinda lied when I said the game wouldn't end if I won. I didn't actually know and just said that so hopefully more people would vote with me. It almost worked until the extension happened. :(
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: June 05, 2013, 08:51:01 pm »

..I would've posted after that link, but then net errors :/

Still, reading up, and part of the post contained a "Ford, I believe you and that tie vote absence and that the mod's fault doesn't correlate to you fault," but then added some bits on some mistakes you made, Ford..like the 'inspects' people were getting were actually feelings..and stuff.

Reading up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: June 05, 2013, 08:54:35 pm »

Goddamn. Webadict was scum.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: June 05, 2013, 08:56:59 pm »

Great Temple- The game where everything carried on for 100 pages until the mafia all quit.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: June 05, 2013, 09:02:45 pm »

Also, I think there's a pattern here. I always make the wrong decision on the last day. Always. Three chances and three failures, with a fifty-fifty chance every time. Either Tiruin is better than I thought, or I have absolutely zero luck.
What is this supposed to mean.

Also, blargh. I had that sneaking feeling on Web and how he guessed stuff..and then it was turned because of one darn insult. ONe insult which was edited into a nice enough way as to make reparations..ugh. Stupid me for not giving an edge to intuition for the xth time.

And net problems. I've spent 30 minutes to dig through the thread and poke on Ottofar's Dance according to Sol's notes, and notice how people were increasingly being hardheaded on Web=scum, which is pretty much not in the realm of WIFOM when you get down to the roots..

But argh. Stuff :S

Still, fun game. Except for the quitting. And insults. And swearing. And insults. And ulterior insults.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: June 05, 2013, 09:16:31 pm »

Of course, this situation by itself is a never ending cycle. Neither side could win since it's too easy to just undo what was voted on. So I gave the game a few more twists:

2. No roleflips
Together they both deprived the town of information and increased frustration as confirmed scum (ottofar) just kept on reviving.

I actually kinda lied when I said the game wouldn't end if I won. I didn't actually know and just said that so hopefully more people would vote with me. It almost worked until the extension happened. :(

Yeah, looking back I should probably have added in role-flips once the candle snuffings become permanent.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: June 05, 2013, 09:24:09 pm »

2. No roleflips

Yeah, looking back I should probably have added in role-flips once the candle snuffings become permanent.
Actually, seeing it from an observer's view (cause I had a load of time spent offline digging >_> That is how many tabs I popped up in my browser. Blargh.), it's pretty balanced. It's just how people played it.

And then people settled for 'NO I WIFOM U' without looking into the context. Darn was the end a load of twists. There's a thin line between people blatantly being WIFOM-y, and people begging to spare their lives and do something useful.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: June 05, 2013, 09:41:28 pm »

I think the perceived complexity wore people down.  Also, something I noticed when playing Revolution also applied here- a game where the player count does not (significantly) go down becomes much harder to follow in later days.  There's just so much content to read over that it becomes overwhelming.

As such, I apologize for my poor participation.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: June 05, 2013, 09:42:46 pm »

As such, I apologize for my poor participation.
This too..and I do recall Meph covering everything in flavor-- down to vigilance of the players as inferred by the watching of the Gods.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: June 05, 2013, 10:17:50 pm »

Man, I really wish I had been a bigger factor in this game. Vigilante role?

Heh. Here is the power you would have gotten (initially): Master the Flame - You may Light or Extinguish any candle (Night action)
I KNEW there had to be a town role that did that.

And DAMN was scum underpowered.

And WOW did we not pick up on the fact that scum was sniffing greens the whole time. They did that for three days straight and I never caught on until the end... :(
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 108