Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199953 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 6
« Reply #1155 on: May 23, 2013, 10:09:24 am »

You are hilarious, Wuba. Your ability to bruteforce every possible combination of events and going all 'I told you so' the moment one of them comes even remotely true with a straight face is astounding.

OH GOD MORE THAN ONE PEOPLE AGREED ON SOMETHING THEY MUST BE CULT

Go engage in coprophagia, fucker.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 23, 2013, 10:42:25 am »

You are hilarious, Wuba. Your ability to bruteforce every possible combination of events and going all 'I told you so' the moment one of them comes even remotely true with a straight face is astounding.

OH GOD MORE THAN ONE PEOPLE AGREED ON SOMETHING THEY MUST BE CULT

Go engage in coprophagia, fucker.
The exact same people that just HAPPENED to be "inspected" by Okami just HAPPENED to vote for all the Teals when zombie urist just HAPPENED to admit he was third party.

Yeah, I can just see how that's just coincidence. I mean, with such evidence as "I have a towntell on him" and "Sure, I believe him" there's no way I could possibly be right.

Besides, you're cult. Who cares?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: May 23, 2013, 10:45:48 am »

I don't even see the point in arguing. If they ARE cult then the game's over. Even if they aren't there's not a huge liklihood that town'll win if only one person can win.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 23, 2013, 10:47:12 am »

Oppose Extend there seems to be a rather.... overwhelming favor of lighting the remaining teals.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 23, 2013, 11:08:01 am »

I'm not sure when fulfilling third party objectives became accepted town play. ZU can light all the teals on his own time, we've got scum to root out and the best way to do that is to Snuff the Candles of Confirmed Scum and Light the Green Candles of Confirmed Town. Hope y'all realise that lighting all teal candles includes lighting all scum players' teal candles.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: May 23, 2013, 12:24:25 pm »

I'm not sure when fulfilling third party objectives became accepted town play.
Have you ever heard of something called "pro-town"?

ZU can light all the teals on his own time,
No he can't. If we don't light the last three today, and he really is on our side, then the scum only have to snuff one of the non-red teal candles or destroy one of the unlit teal candles and he can no longer win.

If he's not on our side, of course, then it doesn't matter.

Hope y'all realise that lighting all teal candles includes lighting all scum players' teal candles.
They're probably already lit.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: May 23, 2013, 12:25:15 pm »

Forgot about this:

Tiruin:
W-wuh...Why can't we take him out today, and someone--anyone who can protect any candle protect the other teal not being touched?
To my knowledge, protection only works on lit candles. And if they snuff any of the teals that don't have a red flame, we couldn't bring them back. It's now or never, all or nothing.

Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 23, 2013, 12:35:11 pm »

WUBA WUBA WUBA is totally right on this one I do believe.

Let's see what your evidence of this is.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 23, 2013, 12:37:00 pm »

There's the possibility that he's, you know, independent. Hoping he's pro-town doesn't make him so.

Quote from: Captain Ford
ZU can light all the teals on his own time,
No he can't. If we don't light the last three today, and he really is on our side, then the scum only have to snuff one of the non-red teal candles or destroy one of the unlit teal candles and he can no longer win.

If he's not on our side, of course, then it doesn't matter.

Actually Ford it matter quite a bit. Should we really throw away OUR victory to hand him his when we can't really be sure that he's on our side? He's a third party. Who cares if he wins? He loses when town loses but he might cause the town to lose if we light his candle. What happens when we do light the teals?

A. He wins and town loses.

B. He wins and the game keeps playing. In this scenario he's harmed town since they all have the same teal candle message. Plus he has no reason to keep playing.

C. He wins and the game keeps going but he keeps helping us out of the kindness of his heart.

I'm not liking those odds since A and B make us lose or lose a player.

Quote from: Captain Ford
Hope y'all realise that lighting all teal candles includes lighting all scum players' teal candles.
They're probably already lit.

Your evidence for that is...?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: May 23, 2013, 12:47:53 pm »

Explain. So you aren't an Elder Priest? :I
HERETIC! Why have you become doubtful?
So why is it a wincon? Care to explain?
I am a priest, just a doubtful one. I already explained this earlier, but whatever. Basically I realized every culture has its own set of beliefs about the gods and there are too many inconsistencies so that they cannot all be correct. The gods are just like characters in a play and we should be focusing on the actors who play the gods instead. If all the teals are lit, everyone will get a message and I will be proven correct.

Do you un-win if all teals are lit and one is then snuffed?
Don't think so. Basically at night you'll all get a message confirming I was right and then it doesn't really matter anymore.

Actually Ford it matter quite a bit. Should we really throw away OUR victory to hand him his when we can't really be sure that he's on our side? He's a third party. Who cares if he wins? He loses when town loses but he might cause the town to lose if we light his candle. What happens when we do light the teals?
I care.  :-\

My reason to keep playing is that its summer and I don't really have anything else to do.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 23, 2013, 12:52:31 pm »

I'm going to lose all faith in humanity if you don't turn out to be scum, Nerjin. And half the faith if Wuba doesn't.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 23, 2013, 12:53:51 pm »

I care.  :-\

My reason to keep playing is that its summer and I don't really have anything else to do.

Look I like you and I do trust you. But only emotionally. When I sit and think logically I just can't force myself to trust you here. I'm sorry if you are 100% sincere. If so I will issue an apology. However I'm not willing to gamble away a town victory because I like someone.

I'm going to lose all faith in humanity if you don't turn out to be scum, Nerjin. And half the faith if Wuba doesn't.

Well uh... I'm sorry but you're gonna lose all faith I'm afraid. Maybe even half after that. So... 1.5 faiths in humanity will be lost by Dariush.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 23, 2013, 01:09:51 pm »

I don't even see the point in arguing. If they ARE cult then the game's over. Even if they aren't there's not a huge liklihood that town'll win if only one person can win.
Oppose Extend there seems to be a rather.... overwhelming favor of lighting the remaining teals.
There is a point in arguing and that it's the same one that's in every one of these games -- figuring things out and finding the scum. We need to come to a consensus, so why are you opposing that?

...and you know what, Webadict is probably right. Vector's play has just seemed off all game. I think she's scum and she's been feeding us information as a distraction and to win our favor. She's never brought in any information that was independently confirmable, and for some reason she's focused way too much on teal candles. It all seems ... invented.

If there is a cult, then the scum already have half the players (1 leader + 5 recruits) ... but they don't control the vote yet or else the game would be over.

I don't think the teal candles are a wincon, I think they're a red herring, to get us to waste this last day so the cult can win tonight.

The one problem with a cult theory, though, is that the high priest told us he sensed more than one traitor on the first day, in which case the cult would already have a majority by today.

...I don't know what to think. But right now, I don't trust Vector much at all.

...on further thought, something has definitely been going on in the background unseen. Cult recruitment makes a lot of sense. Okami being the leader makes a lot of sense. But then it was also really obvious since he started with all his candles lit.

... I just don't ... I just don't know anymore ...

PPE: Toaster, Nerjin, Dariush ... every post since my last post

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 23, 2013, 01:18:04 pm »

No one is denying the existence of a Mafia (spy) team.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 23, 2013, 01:24:01 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Snuff Captain Ford White: Toaster
Light Dariush Green: Remuthra
Snuff Dariush Teal: Ottofar
Snuff Dariush White: Ottofar
Snuff Nerjin Green: Tiruin
Light Nerjin Teal: Captain Ford, Dariush, zombie urist, Onyxjew944, Vector
Light notquitethere Green: notquitethere
Snuff zombie urist Green: Nerjin, webadict
Snuff zombie urist Teal: webadict
Snuff zombie urist White: Nerjin, webadict, Toaster
Snuff Onyxjew944 Green: Tiruin
Snuff Ottofar White: Nerjin, notquitethere, Remuthra, Tiruin, Toaster
Snuff webadict Green: notquitethere
Light webadict Teal: Captain Ford, Dariush, zombie urist, Onyxjew944, Vector
Light Remuthra Green: Remuthra
Light Tiruin Teal: Captain Ford, Dariush, zombie urist, Onyxjew944, Vector
Snuff Vector White: Ottofar

Candles with a red flame cannot be changed.

The Flame of Ottofar's White Candle turns into a pale Ivory color, and a halo of White light surrounds it.

The Candles stand thus:
    Captain Ford: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is lit and its flame is red
    Dariush: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is lit and its flame is red
    Nerjin: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is out
    notquitethere: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is lit and its flame is red
    zombie urist: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is lit
    Onyxjew944: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is lit and its flame is red
    Ottofar: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out and its wick is gone, Teal Candle is lit
    webadict: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is out
    Remuthra: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is lit and its flame is red
    Solifuge: White Candle is out and its wick is gone, Green Candle is shattered, Teal Candle is lit
    Tiruin: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is out
    Toaster: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is lit and its flame is red
    Vector: White Candle is lit and its flame is red, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is lit

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 108