Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199841 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 6
« Reply #1140 on: May 22, 2013, 04:49:32 pm »

Because Unvote Dariush Green Vote snuff Vector White
Scuuuuum~

Your lack of doing or saying anything precedes your scumminess. That, and Vector = town, or really good at bussing you.

@ZU: I knew something was up with Okami [And lacked any reasonable evidence for saying anything other than gut feeling :/]. Now, I totally believe that thing you did there (because the annoying thought of you being real honest about claims like those force itself into the spotlight)--what is your third-party role name, and what is your goal on the matter?

If your wincon is along the lines of knowledge--what does it pertain for us?

white -> conciousness
green -> power
teal -> knowledge
Hah, told you so.

I don't think snuffing Ottofar's white is useful. We did that twice already and he just keeps coming back. I think we need to snuff's someone's green to prevent him from returning. AFAIK, white only allows voting and talking in thread.
Snuff ALL THE GREENS :I [/hypothetical rambling]

But really. White did correlate to receiving and doing anything, if I must point back at Sol and his Teal receiving.

Please let me win.  :)
And what about us? :I

Tiruin -> Nirian She is eating some soup from a heath fire
This does not prove I'm following NIRIAN! I can eat any soup from any bloody heath fire when I choose to darn it.

But you're right, really. I can't believe the proving thought on me =...that. I'm doubtful that you're somehow lying but... bluh.

The confusing thing is why would Okami gambit on the line of town inspects...

Mod: I go along with Monday Extension.

Now, if we don't light all the teals today, the scum can blow one up and then it will be impossible for ZU to win. Nerjin's protect ability can't protect unlit candles. We have to light them today or it won't happen.

It's so easy for this to fail that I can't see it being a scum wincon. My read on Okami has been pretty town for pretty much the whole game, so I'm willing to throw in on this. It all feels very consistent with the things he's been saying from the beginning.
The thing to ponder about is how he would approach the idea--it all rested on N4, really. And note that his powers act like an environmental effect [the notion of PvE comes to mind XD] ever since D5. More details ZU. Explain the bolstering of everyone's power due to 'Balance', because if you're a third-party priest [or really just a scum priest having infiltrated our highest ranks--can see that being a possibility.]

That, and we didn't have the chance to ask on our religious hierarchy during the matter of a conscious priest.

PPE
But then why wasn't OKAMI straight about it?
This is one of the factors going against totally believing ZU.

> What if four teals were unlit?
> What about snuffing SCUM?! We can easily fix those darn candles WHEN WE SNUFF SCUM AND ACHIEVE TOWN WINCON. Because I can't, in any practical of realistic sense, see why that is possible. WE'RE THINKING ALONG THE MAFIA-TRAIN OF THOUGHT. Snuff. Damn. Scum.

We aren't exactly the nicest people. Notice how almost every move anyone makes ends with someone getting called a fuck-knuckle Elf-fondler jacket-swiping excuse for venial byproduct derogatory terms with a certain degree of imagination?
Or, alternatively, ZU is a better liar with a better plan. Considering two people already jumped on the bandwagon.

Note: Actively opposing the plan with words while supporting it fully with votes implies I am actually in support of it, in case someone didn't catch that.
Oh right, so now you hate Elves too >_>

PS. Every move which uses information as a piece of meat for everyone else to bite on, is what you should say. Nobody gets that, somehow. This is why we [I guess Web thinks the same--have no idea why Nerjin didn't (he didn't voice anything but a sidecomment and is scum, or just annoying :/)]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 22, 2013, 05:22:13 pm »

Vector: Do you trust Okami?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 22, 2013, 05:48:12 pm »

Err...and by extension, ZU.

I'm asking because you inspected his teal candle. Okami only ever said "I think I might be like a miller", he never actually claimed to be a miller. Since you've got the only candle inspect and your result only told you that it didn't relate to removing threats to the temple, what do you think?

Do you think that you would have gotten that result if having all the teals lit would result in us losing? The question you asked about the number of candles that were related to threats to the town would CERTAINLY imply that the teal candles aren't a threat.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 22, 2013, 06:18:38 pm »

...Pondering over the matter, I'm really thinking Okami was playing the game as a third-party who was really worried about his game (ZU influenced me this game because I saw first hand how he does it...)

Opposing facts:
> Claims Miller.
> Is secretive.
? Claims...town inspects. Which would be an easy ploy if it hits scum [Scenario: Okami's lying and said person is a third-party...] but they'd know he'd be lying.
> Said inspects are on the PERSON instead.
> H-

Ok, wait, just thinking out loud.

The HP says we should do something regarding the breaking traitor's power. As far as I remember, what the High Priest sees at night does not signify any human presence. We've found out that Green candles = power (and now that Otto's Green is out, let's test snuffing his White? A notion of "if [SCUMBUDDY] still lives, you will revive after..." also presents itself, but lack of information...again.)

Also, I'm unsure but people were talking about what was their initial role PM back in ~D1/2, right?

I think it was Solifuge who said something about: " Though you serve all of the gods, you started your career with [God_Name] and feel closest to [Gender_Pronoun]" claim.

Well, there's another part which states stuff about our ability--for those whose green candles were lit, please tell me if you had something along the part where you can feel their presence, in relation to the ability?

...On the flip side, I'd love to deny ZU that easy-win-because-we've-no-idea-what-is-going-on and use him as a bargaining chip. Also, scum shot. If the NK (or Night Ability) is not a factional rule, then scum have either a choice of hitting the claimed third-party, or doing something else.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: May 22, 2013, 07:18:50 pm »

Extend. I would rather have an extra long day than another extra long night.

Also, I have more questions to be answered...

Zombie Urist: What exactly are you? You seem to be some kind of outsider, seeking out the truth of the gods? If that's the case, then what god (or gods) are supporting you?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 22, 2013, 09:00:46 pm »

ZU: As far as you know, did Okami know what his wincon was from the beginning?
Yes.

Don't know.

@ZU: I knew something was up with Okami [And lacked any reasonable evidence for saying anything other than gut feeling :/]. Now, I totally believe that thing you did there (because the annoying thought of you being real honest about claims like those force itself into the spotlight)--what is your third-party role name, and what is your goal on the matter?
I don't really have a role name. I'm just a priest who has become doubtful. If all the teals are lit, everyone will gain true knowledge about the gods.

But really. White did correlate to receiving and doing anything, if I must point back at Sol and his Teal receiving.
Don't know what this means.

Please let me win.  :)
And what about us? :I
I'll help you win after I win.  ;)

Now, if we don't light all the teals today, the scum can blow one up and then it will be impossible for ZU to win. Nerjin's protect ability can't protect unlit candles. We have to light them today or it won't happen.

It's so easy for this to fail that I can't see it being a scum wincon. My read on Okami has been pretty town for pretty much the whole game, so I'm willing to throw in on this. It all feels very consistent with the things he's been saying from the beginning.
The thing to ponder about is how he would approach the idea--it all rested on N4, really. And note that his powers act like an environmental effect [the notion of PvE comes to mind XD] ever since D5. More details ZU. Explain the bolstering of everyone's power due to 'Balance', because if you're a third-party priest [or really just a scum priest having infiltrated our highest ranks--can see that being a possibility.]
The 'Balance' thing had nothing to do with me. That sounds like a Telmorin thing. But on the other hand, I also "felt things shift" and lost my role-inspect and got the all voted teals will be lighted. Last night things shifted again and now we have three votes. The flavor for that is "accelerate".

Zombie Urist: What exactly are you? You seem to be some kind of outsider, seeking out the truth of the gods? If that's the case, then what god (or gods) are supporting you?
I'm a priest that has grown doubtful. I'm not actually seeking out the truth, I want everyone else to see the truth by getting knowledge through the teal candles. There's no mention of a specific god that's supporting me.

I don't actually know why Okami claimed "town inspects" because AFAIK, I only see the god the person is closest to and nothing about their alignment. This is assuming of course that scum is independent of alignment, which I'm not certain of.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: May 22, 2013, 09:11:57 pm »

Eh, okay.  Yes, my inspection on Okami makes me think that ZU is telling the truth; the main reason why I flopped over was because of the whole miller thing and fear of third parties, though that was in retrospect a stupid and stress-motivated decision.

Light all the remaining teals.

We've got to take out Otto tomorrow.  Like, kill him.  I really don't think it's appropriate to keep him alive.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 22, 2013, 09:13:29 pm »

My point was that the gods set up this test, and my Strength comes from Avos. Your inspect and the power to light all those teals is pretty significant, so it's hard to believe that they'd grant you this power unless ... well, unless they wanted you to succeed, I guess.

Well, whatever happens, I'm fully behind you. Your claim was quick and pretty thorough, not the kind of thing I think you could make up on the fly in such a short period of time.

FYI, though, I'm pretty sure that if we snuffed Ottofar's white again, he'd stay dead this time. People keep saying his candle relights itself, but I think they're forgetting that his green candle lit spontaneously on night 2, and no candles lit on night 1.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: May 23, 2013, 01:04:00 am »

I don't really have a role name. I'm just a priest who has become doubtful.
If all the teals are lit, everyone will gain true knowledge about the gods.
Explain. So you aren't an Elder Priest? :I

HERETIC! Why have you become doubtful?

Eh, okay.  Yes, my inspection on Okami makes me think that ZU is telling the truth; the main reason why I flopped over was because of the whole miller thing and fear of third parties, though that was in retrospect a stupid and stress-motivated decision.

We've got to take out Otto tomorrow.  Like, kill him.  I really don't think it's appropriate to keep him alive.
W-wuh...Why can't we take him out today, and someone--anyone who can protect any candle protect the other teal not being touched?

FYI, though, I'm pretty sure that if we snuffed Ottofar's white again, he'd stay dead this time. People keep saying his candle relights itself, but I think they're forgetting that his green candle lit spontaneously on night 2, and no candles lit on night 1.
This one holds for me.

Vote leaders are on Snuff Otto's White & Light Dariush's Green. Snuff ZU's White is the third placer with a one up vote lead than the rest.

Now THAT is quite possibly the last thing in the world I expected to see. Wow.
ZU: Why do you think Okami concealed his true identity and motives?
Also, will your win end the game? Will it remove you from the game?
No idea. No and no.
So why is it a wincon? Care to explain?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: May 23, 2013, 07:17:50 am »

No idea. No and no.
Do you un-win if all teals are lit and one is then snuffed?

Unvote, light all unlit teals.

My town read on ONR/ZU is still going strong and, to be honest, I fail to see Meph having the town lose because of something as random as lighting all teals. They're supposed to correlate to knowledge, right? Would our brains blow up or something? :-/

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: May 23, 2013, 08:11:47 am »

No idea. No and no.
Do you un-win if all teals are lit and one is then snuffed?

My town read on ONR/ZU is still going strong and, to be honest, I fail to see Meph having the town lose because of something as random as lighting all teals. They're supposed to correlate to knowledge, right? Would our brains blow up or something? :-/
WHAT?

Then your reads are terrible, considering, you know, HE'S NOT TOWN.

Am I the only not understanding that you put a third party into a game so that there is more than just one thing to worry about? Is this an advanced notion I'm the only one understanding? Are we all just backwards?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: May 23, 2013, 09:18:59 am »

You're being intentionally stupid and you're intentionally overreacting and misunderstanding what I said. Scum.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: May 23, 2013, 09:34:39 am »

You people are awfully damn trusting of an outed third party.  Assuming he's being truthful about his wincon, I'd say the odds of him being ingame after he fulfills it are pretty slim- whether by him leaving or the game ending, I cannot say for sure.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: May 23, 2013, 09:59:56 am »

You're being intentionally stupid and you're intentionally overreacting and misunderstanding what I said. Scum.
Intentionally stupid? How so? Because, the way I see it, is that Okami was hiding the fact he wasn't town. Clearly, you DID NOT notice this, or you would've thought, "Huh. He doesn't seem town." If you thought he was Town, that means that you are really bad at this game, because he is most certainly not Town, and if I'm being stupid, that means you are playing worse than a stupid person, since I SOMEHOW managed to figure out he wasn't Town based on your supposed clear lack of evidence.

Wow. Dariush is worse than stupid. Who would've thought? I'd say you, but that implies you were able to think.

So, then, I must either not be stupid, or you're simply far, far stupider. Either works for me, really.

But, let's step away from talking about things everyone already knows, and more into how on EARTH you all think voting for his Teals is good. If TWO people had gotten the warning, and it was RIGHT AFTER OKAMI USED HIS ABILITY TO LIGHT AS MANY TEALS AS POSSIBLE, then maybe, just maybe, these two things are related? I'd even go as far as to say that one might have caused the other.

I realize that last line might seem like a giant leap in logic, but hear me out. If Okami has substantially different aspects of his role, and we do not know what these aspects are, then in a game about backstabbing, we should PROBABLY assume he's lying.

I just don't get all of you.

But, you know...

Maybe I'm still right about the cult thing!
zombie urist
Light Webadict teal
Light Tiruin Teal
Light Nerjin Teal

Dariush

Onyxjew
Unvote All
Light Nerjin Teal
Light Webadict Teal
Light Tiruin Teal

Vector

The only one remaining is Tiruin, who might just not want to reveal as such, or might not have been influenced as his Teal candle is unlit. I don't really know. What I do know is that there are exactly 4 players voting to light Teals, and these specific three players were listed as inspected by Okami.

SO I GUESS I'M JUST GOING TO BE RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING TODAY. SCREW YOU GUYS.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 23, 2013, 10:01:45 am »

Extend.

Snuff ZU's Everything
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 108