Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199860 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 6
« Reply #1185 on: May 23, 2013, 06:49:46 pm »

It seems in my customary absence I was declared scum by the team's epileptic tree. Why am I completely uncaring about this development? Only time and common sense can possibly tell you.

Voting for ZU's wincon despite it not helping us? Why not. So far slaughtering Ottofar hasn't done much, as we keep trying to do it every turn. I'm almost willing to see the hunt for Ottofar as a scumtell.
Go town! Kill the zombie that resurrects every day! Waste your lynch!
Yeah, he's off the radar for now. You can enjoy your repetitive knock-out until you get bored, but I'm going with the new development that may reveal something concrete. What would that be? How would it help? I haven't the slightest idea, but I don't see anything else productive to do at the moment.

tl;dr ignoring Ottofar, maintain votes.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: May 23, 2013, 07:07:06 pm »

Vector:
Excuse me, but WHICH fucker thought it was a good idea to protect Ottofar?  Would that be you, Wubba?  I'm a cop and god-fucking-dammit, WE NEED HIM KILLED.  If you have to lynch me first in order to confirm me, go for it.  But I want that shit gone.

Really, Vector?  Really?  And how would lynching you help?  Looking at the nonexistent roleflip?

Onyx:
Yeah, he's off the radar for now. You can enjoy your repetitive knock-out until you get bored, but I'm going with the new development that may reveal something concrete. What would that be? How would it help? I haven't the slightest idea, but I don't see anything else productive to do at the moment.

So you want to risk a town loss because you have nothing better to do?  Brilliant!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 23, 2013, 07:17:58 pm »

Ugh, I was stupidly thinking it'd give us an alignment confirmation.  Like I said... not all that intelligent...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 23, 2013, 07:34:13 pm »

Well, thank you forums. Your constant 504 errors have FINALLY destroyed my post.

Ugh.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 23, 2013, 08:20:19 pm »

Vector:
Excuse me, but WHICH fucker thought it was a good idea to protect Ottofar?  Would that be you, Wubba?  I'm a cop and god-fucking-dammit, WE NEED HIM KILLED.  If you have to lynch me first in order to confirm me, go for it.  But I want that shit gone.

Really, Vector?  Really?  And how would lynching you help?  Looking at the nonexistent roleflip?

Onyx:

So you want to risk a town loss because you have nothing better to do?  Brilliant!
Great job at misrepresenting my argument entirely. I clearly stated I have something better to do; namely ZU's wincon. It has the potential to be a town-aligned team and therefore help us in some manner. I also clearly stated why I'm not trying to continue the cycle of re-over-killing Ottofar.

In fact, the entire post was about how I did have something better to do, it was the central reasoning behind literally everything said! How did you miss that?
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 23, 2013, 09:19:35 pm »

Onyx:  Helping out a third party that may just be using you to end the game in a victory for only him is a good use of your time?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: May 23, 2013, 09:41:12 pm »

I can see how helping out a third party might not necessarily be a bad thing, but I fail to see how it can actively be a good thing.

At best, it's a distraction. Ford, Dariush, Onyx, Vector, engage your brains. (Unless you're all scum and this is an outrageous ploy, if so, then, uh, stop it please.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 23, 2013, 09:56:38 pm »

Maybe I'm still right about the cult thing!

The only one remaining is Tiruin, who might just not want to reveal as such, or might not have been influenced as his Teal candle is unlit.
Webadict, believe me when I say that there is no cult (or...I'm not in it and Okami just Towninspected me for fun). Don't be fazed by Dar...I've no other way to tell you that but to tell you that straight up, and then ask for your faith in my words. (Because woohoo do I have trouble lying...)

I'm not in a cult, part of a cult, related to a cult, or aligned with a cult. Please drop that mindset before it clouds your mind and blinds your thinking.

...I'm really into believing that there are no 'inspect' roles, actually. Never in my PM did it say I was town, nor did it say I was any of the mafia aligned factions.

[...]If all the teals are lit, everyone will get a message and I will be proven correct.
Which is? What message--what basis is you being correct based on?

Well uh... I'm sorry but you're gonna lose all faith I'm afraid. Maybe even half after that. So... 1.5 faiths in humanity will be lost by Dariush.
ONE POINT FIVE MEANS THIRD PARTY!

You still never explained those questions I asked of you, including why you were being apt to forget facts already stated. Many times :/

The Flame of Ottofar's White Candle turns into a pale Ivory color, and a halo of White light surrounds it.
GO BURN COWARD. OTTOFAR IS DYING TODAY.

And I will make sure of it IF I HAVE TO USE ALL MY DAMN VOTES TO.

ALL MY VOTES ON SNUFF OTTOFAR'S WHITE CANDLE

Bloody coward(s) and their 'pale-ivory' color...which just sounds like a synonym of White.

If there is a cult, then the scum already have half the players (1 leader + 5 recruits) ... but they don't control the vote yet or else the game would be over.
Hows about this?

There are no cop inspects--details on alignments are lies. Vector, Ottofar, and probably even ZU are scum. Hows that?

These are my thoughts on the matter.
...Vector: then why are you voting to light all teals >_>

See, Otto's Green candle is dead. Forever. Now the only way this scumbag can revive is ('You revive if [SCUMBUDDY A] is still alive'), which would be damn far past bastard that we're far past screwed, OR, you'd notice that somebody is being obstinate in IVORY'ING OTTOFAR'S CANDLE.

See: Flavor.

Voting for ZU's wincon despite it not helping us? Why not. So far slaughtering Ottofar hasn't done much, as we keep trying to do it every turn. I'm almost willing to see the hunt for Ottofar as a scumtell.
Go town! Kill the zombie that resurrects every day! Waste your lynch!
GAME, SET, MATCH. ONYXJEW IS THE LAST SCUM. YOU'RE GOING DOWN NEXT!

Thanks for nothing :I

Vector:

Onyx:

Great job at misrepresenting my argument entirely. I clearly stated I have something better to do; namely ZU's wincon. It has the potential to be a town-aligned team and therefore help us in some manner. I also clearly stated why I'm not trying to continue the cycle of re-over-killing Ottofar.
LIES LIES LIES.

HE'S A THIRD-PARTY, AND IF I'VE TO USE CAPITALIZED LETTERS TO STATE IT, THEN SO BE IT. THIRD-PARTY!!~

Why aren't you continuing the cycle of re-over-killing Ottofar, huh? Afraid, scumbag?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 23, 2013, 10:16:24 pm »

Tiruin, there's no reason NOT to assume that a cult pre-requisite is having a Teal. Seeing as having your Teals lit is his end goal, it could be that having a Teal is needed to be in the cult.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: May 23, 2013, 10:23:13 pm »

..True, but I can't see how that would work here (cult working on non-information...townies flailing about, and then cue how we 'lynch' scum? Two/Three votes.) Out of 39 probable choices where every set contains 13 candles of the same (or nearly the same, I think?) characteristics.

And if that is so, then everyone else who has been receiving knowledge from the Divine are already in the cult...I'm unsure, really. Judging by how straightforward ZU is being, and the reason behind it (theological differences and religious beliefs), it seems more benevolent than malevolent, and that there is no cult.

Anyway, my point here? We get rid of Ottofar as some jerk really wants to see his White glow with a pale ivory aura as if that does something.

We need a majority lynch vote on that piece of wax.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: May 23, 2013, 10:53:08 pm »

Then get a majority on ZU's Green and White/Teal. Or maybe White and Teal. White and Teal is probably best.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 24, 2013, 12:58:03 am »

Wait, I thought that pale ivory meant a total barrier to lynching.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: May 24, 2013, 01:01:56 am »

We never tried lynching him when that came off.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: May 24, 2013, 01:04:24 am »

No, see, why are you lynching the candle that you know can't be lynched?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: May 24, 2013, 01:05:34 am »

Oh really now?

How do I know that it can't be lynched?
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 108