Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199882 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 6
« Reply #1170 on: May 23, 2013, 01:41:00 pm »

No one is denying the existence of a Mafia (spy) team.
Who is this in response to?

... I don't know if I had a moment of clarity or a moment of paranoia back there ... shoot ... when Dariush said that he thought Nerjin and Wuba were scum, it really made me think he'd been recruited.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: May 23, 2013, 01:46:30 pm »

... I don't know if I had a moment of clarity or a moment of paranoia back there ... shoot ... when Dariush said that he thought Nerjin and Wuba were scum, it really made me think he'd been recruited.

I don't know if he's been recruited. It's likely but also I think he's just stating what he thinks. Even if he's wrong and has presented 0 evidence in that post to back-up his claims.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: May 23, 2013, 02:28:24 pm »

You.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: May 23, 2013, 03:03:24 pm »

What if "Avos" is the "scumteam"?

We already know Ottofar's white candle is "bad", Ford and Nerjin are plenty scummy, and that leaves Remthura who hasn't really been active.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: May 23, 2013, 03:13:15 pm »

I encourage everyone: Do not bother with the teal candles. How does helping ZU help us? Extra information? Since when was that worth three votes? We need to work on winning the game, not completing side quests.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: May 23, 2013, 03:15:46 pm »

We already know Ottofar's white candle is "bad", Ford and Nerjin are plenty scummy, and that leaves Remthura who hasn't really been active.
Why did you quote those?

I encourage everyone: Do not bother with the teal candles. How does helping ZU help us? Extra information? Since when was that worth three votes? We need to work on winning the game, not completing side quests.
He is also scum, plus those that are voting with him were already likely to be his accomplices.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: May 23, 2013, 03:17:31 pm »

I don't buy it. It's likely that they're not all town, but I'd expect there to be (at least two) legitimate Avos priests. Probably, Ottofar and one of Ford, Nerjin or Remuthra are scum. We could disable all Avos green candles to play it safe?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: May 23, 2013, 03:17:48 pm »

Toaster: I thought so...

Oh, I see what you meant now. Yeah, you're right. Though I wonder if they would have counted Okami as a traitor or not.

zombie urist: How did you know what the teal candles did? Who was showing you the gods of the ones you inspected? How did you accomplish these feats? Through meditation?

Something is still off.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: May 23, 2013, 03:27:45 pm »

Hope y'all realise that lighting all teal candles includes lighting all scum players' teal candles.
They're probably already lit.
The better question is why doesn't he think they are?

I'm going to lose all faith in humanity if you don't turn out to be scum, Nerjin. And half the faith if Wuba doesn't.
Couldn't come up with a snarky retort for me? Are you sure? Because, I mean, I did claim that all of those things were totally connected, and I don't even get a reply. I suppose you're a little busy talking in your cultchat about what to do with ol' Wuba. Well, when you figure it out, let me know.

Oh, and Vector.

Come out and play. I know you love to hide as scum. I've seen it so many times.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: May 23, 2013, 03:55:37 pm »

Just as a note, I will be away from a computer from about now until Sunday night or Monday morning. Play nice while I'm gone!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: May 23, 2013, 03:56:59 pm »

Oh, and Vector.

Come out and play. I know you love to hide as scum. I've seen it so many times.
Wuba has a point, Vector, your scum MO in Magic was to lurk and you got away with it then.

Just as a note, I will be away from a computer from about now until Sunday night or Monday morning. Play nice while I'm gone!
Don't worry Meph, we'll be good... ;D

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: May 23, 2013, 04:34:54 pm »

Excuse me, but WHICH fucker thought it was a good idea to protect Ottofar?  Would that be you, Wubba?  I'm a cop and god-fucking-dammit, WE NEED HIM KILLED.  If you have to lynch me first in order to confirm me, go for it.  But I want that shit gone.

I see that everyone thinks I am scum.  I am actually town.  I've been busy the past few weeks what with graduation and finishing final papers and all that, but I'm town.

Webadict, I think you've just found the five people who look scummiest to you and assumed that they must be in a cult, rather than trying to pick out which is which between them.  A cult would make sense with the flavor that we're playing, but I'm going to reiterate--to the best of my knowledge, I'm not in one.  I'm going to ask again--when do you think I was converted?  Was there a change in my play at some point in the game?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: May 23, 2013, 05:26:41 pm »

...okay, maybe I'm just a sucker, but I found that very convincing.

I've done a lot of thinking and while there are definitely things going on that I don't understand, a cult just seems far too bastardy in a game without roleflips.

I'm still on track to light the teals ... but let me outline the thing I'm struggling with right now.

Points in ZU's favor:
- There are definitely things in the flavor that support his claim -- there is no place in our pantheon for the gods of Morasadis, so that's either true or just very creative.
- Okami was always hinting at something to do with teal candles -- he never said he wanted them lit, but that could have given scum a reason to start snuffing them.
- Vector has ... pretty much vouched for him. If snuffing his teal wouldn't remove a threat to the temple, then I don't think we need to fear lighting the teals.

Points Against:
- Who the heck is supporting him? I, at least, derive my power from Avos, so who the heck told him all about teal candles and showed him those visions of other players? He's better informed than the rest of us, and that knowledge had to come from SOMEWHERE.
- Okami appeared to be building up to some kind of gambit, and he definitely lied when he claimed the name Elder Priest in bold letters. He was definitely trying to manipulate us rather than work with us, though it's hard to say how much paranoia contributed to it.

Points of Consideration:
- There is no way that Okami could have achieved lighting all the teal candles without the help of the town. He would have had to make a claim like ZU did in order to finish it off.

Personal Opinions:
I don't think ZU is lying. I think when all the teals are lit, we'll find out the truth of the gods. But that truth could destroy the temple. If we learn that the gods of Morasadis are one and the same as the gods we worship, what would happen to us? It makes it seem like this is some kind of game to them. To set their followers against each other to see which side wins.

But in the end, I will trust in Avos and the Strength of Will he's given me. I'm not afraid of the truth, whatever it may be.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 23, 2013, 05:39:53 pm »

Excuse me, but WHICH fucker thought it was a good idea to protect Ottofar?  Would that be you, Wubba?  I'm a cop and god-fucking-dammit, WE NEED HIM KILLED.  If you have to lynch me first in order to confirm me, go for it.  But I want that shit gone.

I see that everyone thinks I am scum.  I am actually town.  I've been busy the past few weeks what with graduation and finishing final papers and all that, but I'm town.

Webadict, I think you've just found the five people who look scummiest to you and assumed that they must be in a cult, rather than trying to pick out which is which between them.  A cult would make sense with the flavor that we're playing, but I'm going to reiterate--to the best of my knowledge, I'm not in one.  I'm going to ask again--when do you think I was converted?  Was there a change in my play at some point in the game?
Oh hey look. It's Vector's "How dare you call me out as scum when I'm lurking scum" response. Oh darling, you're so predictable. I love that you blatantly contradicted yourself in your own post. You're just so easy.

That's cool. It was Night 2. Okami already said so. Any other brain-busters? I mean, I LITERALLY picked the 4 people that Okami pointed out. It had nothing to do with who I found scummy. You can find the same information. I can even quote it for you!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Can't read? Onyxjew, Vector, Dariush, Tiruin. That order exactly. He wasn't lying. But, he was lying about his ability.

Now, I don't have protection for Ottofar. I wish I did, because he's your biggest enemy, and I'm not sure if Okami lost his ability to recruit or not. With Ottofar alive, you can't win, I assume, so his removal impairs both the Town's and the cult's ability to win. Heh. I bet you actually claimed EXACTLY what you got from your ability last Night. It's funny, because the PM itself reveals that you're sided with Okami.

You said 2, then 3. The 2 stands for the number of White candles that remain in your way. The scum. The 3 stands for the number of Teals that stand in your way. You are aligned with Okami.

Now, as for your contradiction...

If Ottofar must be erased, why are you voting for the lighting of the remaining Teals?

Overall, you're OBVIOUSLY aligned with Okami.

Plus, you should know that lynching you does nothing. How on Earth did you come up with that?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 23, 2013, 05:55:13 pm »

For the last fucking time: IF I AM SCUM, THEN I DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT.

Thank you for finally providing your sources.  I have admitted that I may have been converted without my knowing it, so that my data has to do with a different wincon than the one that I thought I had.  I've provided you all my information not because I'm a moron, but because I've been trying to help the group I thought of as "my team" win this entire time.

And yeah, I realized a little bit ago that my being lynched wouldn't help confirm my alignment.  Whatever.  I'm going to ask Derala what Okami no Rei did to me tonight.  Maybe that will clear something up.

I'm voting for the teals because I am so damn tired of this landlock and the whole "we have to break scum's power" thing sort of made sense, so might as well do the thing that would make the next amount of progress and possibly get us some more information.  But I've rethought a little bit and I still feel unsure about him even being on the field.

I am continuing to vote for the teals after that change of heart because Otto's white has been protected.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 108