Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200125 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 3 - One replacement needed
« Reply #465 on: April 25, 2013, 12:14:13 pm »

PFP

Not worshipping Avos.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 25, 2013, 12:37:30 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Light Dariush Teal: Okami No Rei
Light Dariush White: Dariush, Nerjin
Snuff Ottofar Green: Tiruin
Snuff Ottofar Teal: Captain Ford, Vector
Snuff Ottofar White: Remuthra, Vector
Light Solifuge White: Captain Ford, Dariush, Nerjin, notquitethere, Okami No Rei, Onyxjew944, Ottofar, Remuthra, Tiruin

Vector's Green Candle flares up, burning brighter than the candles around it.

Meph: How long was Dariush's candle smoking for?

About half an hour.

"High Priest!" Tiruin says. "Is your guess that traitors are plural mean that there are more than one traitor present among us, or is that just your guess and the actual number of traitors are unsure - like, there is the chance that there is only one?"

I sense more than one. How many exactly I cannot say

Day goes until ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 25, 2013, 12:46:55 pm »

Light Dariush Teal - Because my advice this morning seems to indicate that we should.
Sure why not. Unvote, Light Solifuge White, Light Dariush Teal. It's not like I am likely to get my white lit anyway. :-/

And yeah, you're correct, I'm following Andoras.

Toaster, am I correct in assuming you are a Derala's follower?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 25, 2013, 12:49:50 pm »

"Do you sense them in terms of their power, or in terms of their physical number?" Tiruin glances around at the floor before deciding to ask the...awkward question. "And if I may ask, what did you do last night when we were all headed back to our abodes?"

Light Dariush Teal - Because my advice this morning seems to indicate that we should.
Sure why not. Unvote, Light Solifuge White, Light Dariush Teal. It's not like I am likely to get my white lit anyway. :-/
But if we're following the concept of you dropping dead as per what Ford (and I, by the similarity in our guesses I think) guess, then that message would be for naught.

When did you guys get your messages by the way? Pre/post day end?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 25, 2013, 12:50:55 pm »

Okami:
Captain Ford
In post 327 you claim that Strength, gives you an immunity to Vote Manipulation.  Can you explain why your vote was removed anyway whenever the whiteboard was cleared here?
This is a great catch, and no I can not. I'm actually rather disturbed because the language of my ability is pretty clear that nothing but me should be able to affect my votes.

My feeling on the matter is that Meph didn't consider this interaction when he created the vote reset.

PPE: Just got a response from Meph, it's his error, but I'd like him to confirm that in-thread.

I'm also a little wary that there might be a hidden time limit, such as someone having an ability that gains strength over time. This game could otherwise go on for a very long time.
You were the first to mention the "ability that gains strength over time" theory.  Seems more logical to me that an ability named Strength would have such a property, rather than some vote manipulation immunity that you, demonstrably, do not have.  It's suspicious to me that scum have now demonstrated such an ability.
Something's off about it, though. Both times that candles have been snuffed during the night, one of them was left smoking and the other wasn't. This is also the first (and only) time that candles have been lit at night, and it makes me realize that the game is horribly unbalanced if scum can simply undo our attempts to lynch someone.

I mean, think about it. If scum have 4 candles lit between them, we could lynch one the first night, but then his buddy can light all his team's candles in one night. That doesn't seem right.

If there is an escalating ability, then there has to be other factors at play or this game is unwinnable.

Everyone - Did anyone sleep unusually deeply N2, as Captain Ford did N1?
In case you overlooked it, Toaster claimed the block on me.

I have considered the possibility that he is fakeclaiming scum taking advantage of an opening, but that would be taking a helluva risk.

That's good enough for me. But aren't you at all concerned about Ottofar?

Meph: Please confirm that this votecount should have contained my votes to light Solifuge's Green and Teal candles.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 25, 2013, 12:54:48 pm »

Ugh, wait, I totally hate re-reading up things, seeing the posts, then skipping back to them but this'll probably be my last post in hours yet again.

Vector
Dude, if you boosted my green I would totally be the happiest little snail.
This was to Ottofar's comment above the quote right here, right? Why would you be glad from Otto's Dance of Sun and Moon regarding your green candle?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 25, 2013, 01:01:13 pm »

Extend - Because I don't think the votes are in a good place right now.

Okay, to hopefully prevent another tie, let's narrow down our options for today.

1 - Revive Solifuge
2 - Save Dariush (according to the advice Okami received)
3 - Try to stop Ottofar from using his ability

If the scum really can light candles as well as snuff them, then we don't really have any hope of taking down Ottofar. Unless the people snuffing candles aren't allowed to light ones that were just snuffed by a vote.

I think at this point that the scum aren't allowed to light candles, and there's some other explanation for why Ottofar's candles lit up.

Concerning Ottofar's ability: It could be an evil doomsday device that makes all our lives harder. That seems pretty likely considering Vector's inspect result.

But on the other hand, we'll learn something if we let him activate it.

Urghh...I'm having a very hard time figuring this part out. If Vector's result is to be believed, then we shouldn't let Ottofar activate his ability.

But regardless, if we're decided against trusting Ottofar, then we should take down his green candle first.

At the same time, if he was scum that really wanted to set his ability off, it wouldn't make sense for him to share it with us...

Unvote

Light Solifuge White
Light Dariush Teal
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 25, 2013, 01:02:36 pm »

I've not recieved any PMs and I've got no powers- this much is expected. In case someone hasn't explicitly spelled it out yet:

White = Life
Green = Power
Teal   = Receives PM

We need to snuff the traitor candles before they snuff all of ours. Suggestion: each round we should revive a dead comrade and either light a green or teal candle of a confirmed priest or snuff the white candle of a confirmed traitor, depending on our best information at the time.

RangerCado, according to Okami's grid, you haven't claimed a power? Why not?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 25, 2013, 01:09:36 pm »

Just noticed this:
Vector's Green Candle flares up, burning brighter than the candles around it.
Meph: Is there any significance to the fact that you used lime rather than green to color the candle? Or was that simply a cosmetic choice?

Meph: How long was Dariush's candle smoking for?
About half an hour.
Meph: Real time, or game time?

That seems like a rather long time for a candle to continue smoking to me.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 25, 2013, 01:18:17 pm »

notquitethere: Small correction, based on Vector's and Okami's claims.
White = "Soul" - Alignment?
Green = "Power" - Grants an ability
Teal   = "Wisdom" - Advice from Gods

We need to snuff the traitor candles before they snuff all of ours. Suggestion: each round we should revive a dead comrade and either light a green or teal candle of a confirmed priest or snuff the white candle of a confirmed traitor, depending on our best information at the time.
The only problem with that is that Ottofar was not knocked out with his white snuffed.

Hang on, I want to try an experiment... (Has anyone tried this yet?)

Unvote

Snuff Dariush White
Light Ottofar White

Meph: Votecount, please.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 25, 2013, 02:07:47 pm »

notquitethere: Small correction, based on Vector's and Okami's claims.
White = "Soul" - Alignment?
Green = "Power" - Grants an ability
Teal   = "Wisdom" - Advice from Gods

The only problem with that is that Ottofar was not knocked out with his white snuffed.

Hang on, I want to try an experiment... (Has anyone tried this yet?)

Unvote

Snuff Dariush White
Light Ottofar White

Meph: Votecount, please.

Why no Ford. No one has tried to snuff a candle that's already out.

Unvote Light Dariush White I get the feeling you'll come back sooner rather than later.

Snuff Ford White Explain what snuffing Dariush's already snuffed candle will get us? Furthermore I agree with your White being alignment considering the one person who's been killed [I guess he's killed considering he's out of the game for now] did so based on their white candle going out. What if there's a power that just snuffs candles for the day phase or some variant of that? Nah that's just silly.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 25, 2013, 02:10:21 pm »

It was confirmed earlier that you can't snuff something that isn't lit when I messed up my voting a bit back on Day 2.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 25, 2013, 02:29:33 pm »

Nerjin: I'm just seeing whether or not I can.

Tiruin said she used her ability to see if Ottofar's white candle "was really out", and I started wondering if some of the lit or snuffed candles might be covered by an illusion. But if that were the case, it should be possible for us to light a candle that is actually snuffed, but appears to be lit.

In short, if I can vote to snuff Dariush's white candle, it means that it might not actually be out.

I fully intend to change my votes back before the end of the day.

Why so jumpy, Nerjin?

It was confirmed earlier that you can't snuff something that isn't lit when I messed up my voting a bit back on Day 2.
Thank you, Remuthra.

I think I still need to see the votecount to confirm that it works the same way when it's done intentionally as opposed to by accident.

Meph: Might as well just ask. Do we have to worry a candle's actual state being different from its apparent state?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 25, 2013, 02:51:18 pm »

EBWOP:
Meph: Might as well just ask. Do we have to worry about a candle's actual state being different from its apparent state?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 25, 2013, 03:20:37 pm »

Clarify: So you got a power without details - like, in label only that you've a Teal lit? Or was that your Green. Because if so, you still aren't disclosing that Teal for some reason - what is that reason.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here, and not even that It's directed at me. Anyway, I felt a great power touch me and leave a mark. Then I got a strong feeling that the power should be used as soon as possible.

And I got an interesting feel from Toaster, and I suppose this was the teal's doing. But you know, I can't really be sure.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 108