Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 218041 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #735 on: April 18, 2013, 12:02:23 am »

I actually want to know why you lied about needing to wait until N1 to do something useful, myself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 18, 2013, 12:10:52 am »

Tiruin
PPE:
1. What are you talking about "ellipsis'd"?
That paragraph about your questions regarding the standardism of the game. What use is that?
Did you mean eclipsed by any chance?

Zombie Urist:
Okay, not that I'm not hunting Ranger, I've enough time to go through both posts.  I apologize for anything I answer twice.

[1]No one in the past ever had a problem with the numbering system.
[2]The Soldier and counting is a running gag from Roguelike 6.
[3]Already addressed the numbers stuff.
[4]That's not how scumhunting works. Why would I want to eliminate town? I'm going to eliminate scum by lynching them, regardless of pressure and other BS. Who have you eliminated as town? 
[5] Meh.
[6] Its funny how you think numbering is hard to read and then you start numbering.
[7] Yes. I have no reads on those with no null reads, but I'm fairly confident on my Tiruin read. There is a difference between a "neutral read" and a "null read".
[8] I am not refusing to develop a case on Tiruin. Don't know what you mean by outlasting. Ok.
[9] Why are you answering for her? How do you know what she means?
[10] I don't have any more information that I'm not sharing and claiming I do is a "wild accusation".
Re-Numbered so we can communicate without confusion
1 - When I have to read your post four times to figure out what you're commenting on, it annoys me and makes it so I can't be sure that I am answering the right questions.
2 - Chalk it up to an in-joke I didn't know I guess.
3 - Ditto
4 - I think this was answered already.
5 - Glad to know you care about my opinion.
6 - In that case it made it easy to read.  First rule of thumb is other people have to read and understand what you're saying.
7 - I think your read is rubbish.  Why do you not care about making sure you have reads on ALL the people?
8 - You case hasn't moved beyond what you started the day with.  Or if it has I don't know where.  Answered the question in post to Tiruin.
9 - Because your question was on pedantics and hopefully my answer cleared confusion between the two of you.
10- Also answered in my post to Tiruin.

-snip-
All of them basically. I also find it strange that the other two people who can confirm your lover ability haven't done so. Also Vector claims to have no-actioned. So the other claim is kinda iffy too. Maybe cuz your scum.
Oh yay last sentence  ::)
Maybe cuz he's scum. What are you doing about it?
Asking questions.
Count the questions in your quote please.

I countered all of Griffon's arguments.
Except not in such a way that they're able to be read as answers to my arguments.  And of course any that you don't want to answer such as your thoughts on DS.  Countered is a bit strong really, but at least you responded to them all.  Probably, not really sure as I cant read your posts.

-snip-
Who else besides Ranger have you eliminated? Please give reads on Hapah, NQT, Zrk2, and Tiruin.
Ok. Why were you answering for Tiruin?
Rolefishing.
Please define noncommittal.
NQT, Toaster and Sheep for now.  Eliminated might be too strong, but they're all fairly solid town reads to me.
NQT I'm basing most of my trust on him on Ranger, plus there's the fact that he seems to be basing most of his game around his abilities which reads as someone infatuated with his abilities, but not a scum. 
Hapah I like the guy, and would feel hurt if he wasn't town.  His play seems solid and he seems to read an communicate himself well.
Zrk2 Leaning toward scum.  I don't like some of his actions, but they were all poked at by other folk for now so I'm waiting for him to respond so I can get more of a read.
Tiruin Leaning town.  Seeing as I actually can understand her posts (a skill you seem to lack in your tunnel) I can see most of where her suspicions and reads came from and I tend to agree.  So seeing as I'm town and she's reading the same people as I, I'm thinking she's town

I must ask, why are you asking so many people for our reads on Tiruin?  It sounds like you're trying to get our approval.

They posted while I was writing the other post. I went to dinner and just got back.
So... Thoughts on the subject?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 18, 2013, 12:25:13 am »

I do have a night action, i choose not to use it last night, thinking to save it for Night 2 and instead see what happened without my actions.(which was no deaths) I used a one-shot DAY inspect and lied about the abilities part but still managed to get all my claims about lovers confirmed with clever guesswork, and a lot of luck.

As for why i thought no one would think me town, i just fooled most of the thread and got caught from guessing one thing wrong with NQT confirming this. I suspected that i'd probably be labelled scum for this fact, or not trusted for the rest of the game.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 18, 2013, 12:29:41 am »

I do have a night action, i choose not to use it last night, thinking to save it for Night 2 and instead see what happened without my actions.(which was no deaths)
I used a one-shot DAY inspect and lied about the abilities part but still managed to get all my claims about lovers confirmed with clever guesswork, and a lot of luck.
Ok, how does the first thing even matter given what you were saying @D1. You were fearing deeply for your life then. That inspect did not poke at NQT's ability yet it seems you've gotten the whole reasoning on it.

Guesswork much? You're still not answering my question @ you regarding ZU.

As for why i thought no one would think me town, i just fooled most of the thread and got caught from guessing one thing wrong with NQT confirming this. I suspected that i'd probably be labelled scum for this fact, or not trusted for the rest of the game.
So if ye be town, then what are you going to do despite this? Panic, again? Why did you think of saving it for N2 instead of N1 - and using the no deaths part in the parenthesis for what seems to be an added comment?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 18, 2013, 12:32:16 am »

EBWOP
Tiruin
PPE:
1. What are you talking about "ellipsis'd"?
That paragraph about your questions regarding the standardism of the game. What use is that?
Did you mean eclipsed by any chance?
Ellipsis. Ellipsis'd is my way of using the past tense which is usually -d/-ed to point out that the noun form was used in the past.

Check it.

Ranger: Amend the secon statement. Why are you worried about your reputation then?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 18, 2013, 12:34:59 am »

okay, i'm going to bed to get some sleep. At about 9am pacific time (BC, Vancouver) i'll be back.

Tiruin: I gotta find that question again, i'm burned out right now so sorry, i'll answer that and your newer questions at the time above.

Also, can anyone tell me when day ends again?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 18, 2013, 12:59:06 am »

Not trying to bring up bad vibes, but this is exactly how I feel right now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also I probably won't be able to make a post tomorrow or Friday. Extend
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 18, 2013, 01:31:19 am »

Extend
ZU
I missed a couple points last post:
-snip-
Ok. Why were you answering for Tiruin?
Rolefishing.
Please define noncommittal.
I was attempting to facilitate communication between the two of you.
Fair, comment dropped.
Not worthy of comment.

What do you think her case against you is?  Yes, you think she has it because she's scum, but what are the tenants of her attacks?  How has your read on Tiruin developed over the course of the day? 

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 18, 2013, 01:32:21 am »

Well now, this is an interesting development!

Spoiler: OOC @ Griff (click to show/hide)
Ranger
I do have a night action, i choose not to use it last night, thinking to save it for Night 2 and instead see what happened without my actions.(which was no deaths) I used a one-shot DAY inspect and lied about the abilities part but still managed to get all my claims about lovers confirmed with clever guesswork, and a lot of luck.

I've got to say, I'm impressed. Might not be the way I would've handled it (though I guess I can't say without seeing all the pieces), but pretty impressive all the same. A couple of things bug me, though.

Why'd you hold it under D2? A daycop seems like an extremely powerful ability from where I'm standing. I'm sure you have other tricks, but it struck me as a little odd.

The big one, though, is this: Why in the world are you trying to extract ability claims from the one person whose alignment you know for certain? I mean, if you know he's town, you have to assume he has his own plans and his own motives for keeping some or all of his abilities hidden, right? But you elected to try to get them out of him anyway, and I can't really see an angle where that's useful for you if you already know his alignment.

Also, can anyone tell me when day ends again?
About 19.5 hours from the time of this post, I believe.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 18, 2013, 02:07:59 am »

Extend

One of the things that NQT might want to know is that he is about to die, at the end of the day, and I'm still not sure about saving him, though I'm leaning towards that.
What does Everyone think about that?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 18, 2013, 02:22:53 am »

PFP

Extend

One of the things that NQT might want to know is that he is about to die, at the end of the day, and I'm still not sure about saving him, though I'm leaning towards that.
...Is that why you kept on prodding him vaguely? To tell him that he's about to die? And then talk about saving him? Really, this is what I was poking you about earlier - you show concern towards another guy, stating information that'd help, and then this.

Nothing else but a deathnote (heh, shinagami.) in warning of the guy. You don't even detail it, the cause, how you got that info, how its affecting NQT, what happened...

What in the world. Why reveal it now and end with a very...strange
Like you're touting a piece of meat for others to bite on? Came across to me as "What'cha think about that?" in a way that you should be surprised.

..One of the things?

>_>

Ford and I talked about that. Don't use it because it was bad. He agreed. It was bad.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 18, 2013, 08:13:30 am »

PFP

Wow, there's a lot to digest here. I can understand Ranger's gambit and I can see myself pulling something similar in his position. I'll try to post replies to people when I've got some time a little later.

Mod, or anyone really, what's the current vote count?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 18, 2013, 09:11:27 am »

PFP

Wow, there's a lot to digest here. I can understand Ranger's gambit and I can see myself pulling something similar in his position. I'll try to post replies to people when I've got some time a little later.

Mod, or anyone really, what's the current vote count?
I'll get a vote count up in about 6 hours or so. Currently busy.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 18, 2013, 09:14:13 am »

PFP

Extend

...Is that why you kept on prodding him vaguely? To tell him that he's about to die? And then talk about saving him? Really, this is what I was poking you about earlier - you show concern towards another guy, stating information that'd help, and then this.

Nothing else but a deathnote (heh, shinagami.) in warning of the guy. You don't even detail it, the cause, how you got that info, how its affecting NQT, what happened...
I'm wondering what his reaction will be.
I really hope he won't let my hopes down and screw up, NQT.

Quote from: Tiruin
What in the world. Why reveal it now and end with a very...strange
Like you're touting a piece of meat for others to bite on? Came across to me as "What'cha think about that?" in a way that you should be surprised.

..One of the things?
The other thing I probably can't tell today, so that will have to wait. I'm curious about what others make out of it.

And you folks really should Extend (I've already done that, so no bold).
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 18, 2013, 09:51:36 am »

Man, I'm confused here.  Too many people obfuscating.

NQT:  If you knew Ranger was lying about knowing your ability names, why didn't you call him out?

Also, call it rolefishing all you want, but how many abilities do you have?  If it's not three, why not call him out about knowing that too?

TolyK:

I'm going to assume you're responsible for a second, and ask you why you're killing him. 
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 93