Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 218000 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #705 on: April 17, 2013, 07:35:33 pm »

Griff: ah, i knew i was forgetting something. The lovers are unable to directly kill NQT but if their scum they could probably get a scum buddy to carry out the kill. As for my ability, i am able to determine one players alignment and get the details on one of their abilities based on the names given to me by Web.

NQT: This makes sense if Zrk is telling the truth that he can take dead players abilities if he knows the name... Necromancer maybe?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 17, 2013, 07:48:39 pm »

Griff
Or, as the case actually is, an aspect of one of my other powers makes me immune to kills from my lover's picks. The affection I spread works both ways :D
Griff: ah, i knew i was forgetting something. The lovers are unable to directly kill NQT but if their scum they could probably get a scum buddy to carry out the kill. As for my ability, i am able to determine one players alignment and get the details on one of their abilities based on the names given to me by Web.

...I'm confused.

NQT:
Which other ability?

Ranger:
If it's in another ability how the hell do you know about this?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 17, 2013, 07:53:45 pm »

NQT:

Actually I don't care which ability.  Can you confirm that the protection is locked in another ability?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 17, 2013, 08:07:32 pm »

Griff, that's right, it's in a seperate ability all together that protects me from the lovers. Ranger, I wanted to believe you because you were telling people I was town, but it looks like you slipped up. You got the other details right- did you just find the power in list of mafia powers? Why would you lie about the claim?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 17, 2013, 08:11:18 pm »

Your night ability only gave you a read in terms of maybe? Why was this omitted from your original claim?
I assumed at the time that Vector had performed a night action, but it occured to me afterwards that I'd have got the same result merely if she'd been redirected to Zrk2 and yet took no action. (Also, I never claimed it was my own ability that gave this info- but I guess it doesn't matter either way).
So did someone else gave you this info?

Specifically, which claims do you doubt? What possible incentive would I have to lie about this stuff?
All of them basically. I also find it strange that the other two people who can confirm your lover ability haven't done so. Also Vector claims to have no-actioned. So the other claim is kinda iffy too. Maybe cuz your scum.

Zombie Urist:
Are you trying to make your posts hard to read?  The numbers are confusing and a terrible, terrible system as it's easy to lose track of what answers what. 
Interesting that you decide to name-drop someone who's not been around since the start.  I assume you did this to indicate that you had read the whole thing by now?  Why did he stick in your mind?
That's 6 questions over 5 sequential posts by my count.
2. Obviously.  Why though?
2. How else are scum gonna get lynched?
By having reads on the town and eliminating them one at a time, rather than voting for the person who was under pressure during the two pages before your first post?
Hmm... okay, that doesn't lessen my "DS is solid scum" read though.
1. We've been over this, you haven't been asking questions.  Use a "?" to indicate what you want answered/explained more.  No, saying "interesting" doesn't cut it.  Making wild accusations and expecting someone to defend themselves against it is just being rude.
2. You're confident in your reads but still have null tells?
3. I'm attacking you because you refuse to develop a case against her that will outlast yourself.  None of us can follow what the hell you're trying to get across.  MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL TO THE REST OF US.  Look at Sheep if you want pointers on how to do it.
She probably means obfuscous (derivative form of obfuscation).  Easy words to confuse; especially as Google hates the first.

Could also be Vector if the crown is anything to go by.  Or Tiruin who seems adept at duplicating spells (thinking a replace with body double type of cult).  Or you who has yet to claim anything, but seems to have more information against Tiruin than you're sharing.
No one in the past ever had a problem with the numbering system.
The Soldier and counting is a running gag from Roguelike 6.
Already addressed the numbers stuff.
That's not how scumhunting works. Why would I want to eliminate town? I'm going to eliminate scum by lynching them, regardless of pressure and other BS. Who have you eliminated as town? 
Meh.
1. Its funny how you think numbering is hard to read and then you start numbering.
2. Yes. I have no reads on those with no null reads, but I'm fairly confident on my Tiruin read. There is a difference between a "neutral read" and a "null read".
3. I am not refusing to develop a case on Tiruin. Don't know what you mean by outlasting. Ok.
Why are you answering for her? How do you know what she means?
I don't have any more information that I'm not sharing and claiming I do is a "wild accusation".

ZU: I see no scumminess in Tiruin's posts but yours have slowly creepped into scumminess for me. You've more or less just tunneled her (mafia tunnel not DF tunnel) for the past few pages and had evidence that i don't see the scumminess in for all of your points. My vote goes to you until i see someone else scummier. And if someone thinks i'm just tying the vote against NQT or buddying him or Tiruin, I have posted several times previously that i didn't agree with his points and that he seemed to be getting scummier.
Please go through my posts and point out the scumminess you see. Also, its hard to be more vague about "more or less". Am I tunneling or not?

To clarify, I meant that you are posting one question per post or that you only have one question each time you post (singular). Although apparently I didn't count questions in posts, so you're at 8/5.  Sorry about the argument based on wording. 
My general point though is that we can't follow your logic or what precisely you're finding suspicious.  If you die and flip town we permanently lose all of your reads and you no longer have an impact on the game; making your end game strategy based on you being alive there.  Likewise we can't call bullshit if you start ignoring previous reads that were not responded to. 
The problem is that this is only useful to a scum game.  Like the one that you seem to be playing.
The argument is that you are completely wrong and contradicting yourself. You went from "asking no questions" to "only asked one question" to "only asks one question per post" to "8 questions per 5 posts". If you can't follow my logic, why don't you ask me to explain it. I haven't seen any of that. Don't know what you mean by the bolded part. See? Its not that hard.  :P

PPE'd Griffon x2, NQT
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 17, 2013, 08:33:01 pm »

ZU
That's not how scumhunting works. Why would I want to eliminate town? I'm going to eliminate scum by lynching them, regardless of pressure and other BS. Who have you eliminated as town?
I meant eliminate from your suspect list.
Well I thought I had eliminated Ranger but...l

I decided to look up the word to rub the definition in your face (yeah I'm a twit).  Found out you were correct, and remembered the word that actually fits and sorta sounds the same.

I don't have any more information that I'm not sharing and claiming I do is a "wild accusation".
I was assuming you have a night action that you used... So you didn't night action then?

The argument is that you are completely wrong and contradicting yourself. You went from "asking no questions" to "only asked one question" to "only asks one question per post" to "8 questions per 5 posts". If you can't follow my logic, why don't you ask me to explain it. I haven't seen any of that. Don't know what you mean by the bolded part. See? Its not that hard.  :P
That, my friend, is a comment.  Asking typically involves questions.  And I meant that if you are scum you're game strategy of being fairly noncommittal would serve you well.

Ranger:
Explanation.  Now.  Please.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 17, 2013, 08:34:47 pm »

Yeah, Ranger, you're going to need to clarify that one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 17, 2013, 09:07:41 pm »

Griffon's paranoia on cultists is kinda strange, but I guess NQT could be a cult leader.
Could also be Vector if the crown is anything to go by.  Or Tiruin who seems adept at duplicating spells (thinking a replace with body double type of cult).  Or you who has yet to claim anything, but seems to have more information against Tiruin than you're sharing.
Weelll, on a flavor note, I have no idea what Web was thinking >_>

Also, yay for no stress levels as of the moment. <3 Physics/Theology professors. Parodying life and semantics. Also2, I just looked back at the time on my posts...My break was one darn hour. Now I get what Ford meant by that one post back in D1 on taking due time...Happy thought: Yay 70+ wpm.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

I'm pretty damn sure ZU is scum based on how he's twisting my words.
See below.

Cutting short:
Quote from: Focusing on the statement regarding these ones here
1. I don't think they're irrelevant. In fact this is a pretty good example of you being dismissive. And ignoring all other questions.
2. I was talking about being confident in my read. Way to misrepresent my argument.
3. Defending you by attacking me. Its not stopping or hindering me, but its still chainsawing.
1. Look at how you ellipsis'd that one question. I'll answer it in full here so there's no misunderstanding (It's relative > the definition of Standard/Non-standard game)

Yea, it is relative because
Why do you call BYOR a "nonstandard" game? What constitutes a "standard" game?
BYORs are nonstandard due to the fact that the player roles are sent in by the players. That constitutes critical thinking and a different approach to scumhunting than standard games. Standard games follow the principle of the Mod being the one to distribute the roles and knowledge of roles. Just like Bastard Mafias games falling under nonstandard, the word standard pertains to the common category.

Which means, where most people derive their scumhunting/playstyle from.

2. Way to misunderstand. I asked you before that:
That was your response to this question, right? Because if so, then that's just stupid.
You react to the side commentary. Nice one scumbag.

3. ...
Quote from: BM
Defending/Chainsawing: Defending just means what it sounds like: saying things to defend another player's actions or words. Chainsawing or chainsaw defending means attacking someone who's attacking another player in an attempt to get them to stop. The idea in both instances is that townies don't know if their fellow players are innocent or not, and hence have no real reason to defend them from legitimate persecution. Scum, on the other hand, know they're on a team and so are prone to not wanting their buddies found out or pressured.
See the formatting. Was Griff putting words into my mouth to explain things for me? That constitutes defending. He never, ever did such. He didn't even give an opinion like "Tiruin seems to just be-..." "I'm guessing its her local language being..." or any of that.

Nextly, I see a lot of snarky passive aggression regarding those who are poking you. False accusation of chainsawing; "It would help if you stopped being scum." without showing any inclination to counter Griff's arguments;

Listing Griffy's posts beforehand: "But. It's. Chainsawing." Because he's stating his own thoughts which are contradicting your mindset.

Yeaaaahhhh. You really deserve that sleep after slipping up. That is being obstinate, good sir.

1. Please list your suspects and reasons they are suspicious.

Toaster - Reading null > Haven't had the time to get a read on him much.

Deathsword -> zombie urist - Scummy scum scum. Or just overworked busybody who really misunderstands much and tunneled too deep...

Spoiler: notquitethere (click to show/hide)

Urist Imiknorris > Same with Toaster, IIRC, less posts...

Spoiler: Vector (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hapah (click to show/hide)

Tiruin - Is me. Am Town.

Spoiler: Captain Ford (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Soldier (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Griffonday (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zrk2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RangerCado (click to show/hide)

PPE: Saved this in notepad before going off until this post.

NQT:
Toaster
Okay, Mister Information, why don't you tell us what you did last night, then?
Not in town's interests to say yet.

(Will answer outstanding questions when not at work, later)
Town's interests, huh? Isn't information, town's interests? Why are you using that for the main reason, and in the continuing posts of yours, why is towns' interests the main reason on that?

Wait, what are towns interests for you anyway?

here
I decide to give it to two players that gave very town responses, in order to create a mason chat.
"Very town" responses? Oh dear. Anyone can do that.

Is there any real reason you gauged and judged based on that?

I'm annoyed with myself and I decide to let people know about the dangers of the flavour text.
You mean the PM flavor text. The votecount flavor text has no correlation with anything else, as far as I see. The only thing that had something to latch on was Vector's crowning D1...which could be attributed to her testing Web's games - still strange in a way that this is a BYOR as compared to the others in which bold/italics poke at the flavor.

Meanwhile, I have learned in the night that if Vector had a night action, Zrk2 was the target. As Zrk2 seems fine, this makes me trust her slightly more than I did and I decide to share the info as well.
"IF". "ZRK".
Whaa?

Vector did not do anything as she said.

TolyK:
Shaky logic syndrome: sounds right when you write it, not when you read it.
That's no excuse, though. :P
Clarify? I don't get how this makes sense...Anyway
NQT, you have two very good reasons to earn my trust (though you might not know it). Please explain everything that you did, in order, from the first day, and the reasoning behind it. About 1-2 sentences each. And in between everything that you know that happened.
You have exact reasons and a method for him to state it?

If there's a bit that you really want to say about information, spit it out. Dancing around the bush an stating that you did have the same idea about him days before (Early D2) and still going along this line sounds like impracticability for me.

Ranger:
ZU: I see no scumminess in Tiruin's posts but yours have slowly creepped into scumminess for me. You've more or less just tunneled her (mafia tunnel not DF tunnel) for the past few pages and had evidence that i don't see the scumminess in for all of your points. My vote goes to you until i see someone else scummier.
...Until you see someone else scummier. Uh huh.

Isn't that "until you can[...]" or "Until you provide clear[...]"? No. It's until I see someone else scummier.

Wat.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 17, 2013, 09:21:02 pm »

There was another page...

EBWOP: Wait, reading that thing on Ranger again, either NQT's lovers immunity thing is an Auto, or there's something missing.
Right?

Wait, new page.
Aaaand there's nothing I'm seeing here that details about how you town'd NQT. Because what I see is that you've had acronyms to choose from.

That, and the matter that either you've a dual role (weird), or there's something I'm misunderstanding given your mode of operation (phone).

...How was that thing on that alignment again?

NQT
Griff, that's right, it's in a seperate ability all together that protects me from the lovers. Ranger, I wanted to believe you because you were telling people I was town, but it looks like you slipped up. You got the other details right- did you just find the power in list of mafia powers? Why would you lie about the claim?
...Power in list of mafia powers?

ZU
Specifically, which claims do you doubt? What possible incentive would I have to lie about this stuff?
All of them basically. I also find it strange that the other two people who can confirm your lover ability haven't done so. Also Vector claims to have no-actioned. So the other claim is kinda iffy too. Maybe cuz your scum.
Oh yay last sentence  ::)
Maybe cuz he's scum. What are you doing about it?
No one in the past ever had a problem with the numbering system.
He means on how you address the points in the numbers, I guess.

Uh huh.

Scumhunting works in a dual nature. You eliminate town in the process of finding scum. How simple is that to go over your scummy thoughts, buddy? You're going to eliminate scum by lynching them - ok. Is your case based on scumhunting - probably. Lynching them? That part is based on scumhunting and redirects back on the idea of dual nature.

2. Yes. I have no reads on those with no null reads, but I'm fairly confident on my Tiruin read. There is a difference between a "neutral read" and a "null read".
And you do nooooothiiiing about your null reads~

So about your Tiruin read. Let me ask you a hypothetical question. What if I pop out town? What then, given your reads - what'll you do next?

Quote from: ZU
Quote from: Griffy
3. I'm attacking you because you refuse to develop a case against her that will outlast yourself.  None of us can follow what the hell you're trying to get across.  MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL TO THE REST OF US.  Look at Sheep if you want pointers on how to do it.
She probably means obfuscous (derivative form of obfuscation).  Easy words to confuse; especially as Google hates the first.
3. I am not refusing to develop a case on Tiruin. Don't know what you mean by outlasting. Ok.
I believe you aren't. But that you are developing a sloppy and badly done case.

Griff: See above: Will outlast yourself? That pokes to me like you know my alignment if I got lynched based on how you're poking ZU there. What did that mean?

I was assuming you have a night action that you used... So you didn't night action then?
What night action did you assume? And...that assumption was based on what now?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 17, 2013, 09:37:11 pm »

In case anyone is wondering, the crown did absolutely nothing.  I was hoping for another shot at KWN:WE, because I totally bungled it the first time through =/

Anyway, RangerCado.  Explain!!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 17, 2013, 09:48:08 pm »

Tiruin:
Griff: See above: Will outlast yourself? That pokes to me like you know my alignment if I got lynched based on how you're poking ZU there. What did that mean?
Well, the intended meaning was that his case will not be useful to us if he ends up dying.  Basically a solid case should be able to be taken up by the town after the current champion of the case is NKed.  And yeah if you got lynched we would know your alignment by the nature of the flip at the end, I'm not really getting what that part of the question was about. 

What night action did you assume? And...that assumption was based on what now?
Inspect role of some kind?  He's tunneling one person really hard without really seeming to give much of an explanation beyond what he claimed D1.  Likewise he doesn't seem to be entertaining the idea of alternate anti-town groups.  I was trying to see if he'd run an inspect last night that came up with you as mafia, or had some other reason for his actions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 17, 2013, 09:56:24 pm »

In case anyone is wondering, the crown did absolutely nothing.  I was hoping for another shot at KWN:WE, because I totally bungled it the first time through =/
Knew it >_>

Tiruin partakes of the pizza and...err, buries the dead sunflower because someone murdered it? Must be Webadict.
Editing my reads: Looks like that one on Ranger fumbled.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, wait. Ranger claimed town thing on NQT right?
Quote from: This was the basis of his post, right?
NQT's Lovers ability: called Cupid's Arrows, this ability connects 2 people together (target A and target B) at anytime the user chooses (day or night). If one dies, the other shares the fate shortly after. (the end of the next phase) This ability also gives the two a private chat to discuss amongst themselves. Their alignments are not revealed to eachother, nor are they told who used the ability on them. (though NQT just said it out loud so that part is kinda null and void)

He has 2 other abilities With the first having the initials: L F K   and the second having the initials:  H  B.
Those are the initials of the names i was given so NQT may confirm them or deny them at this time.
It sounds mostly copy pasted.

Regardless, it follows a
Quote from: Griff
Ranger:
Could you clarify how your inspect allows you to get a town read in addition to a role-read?

So the ability doesn't protect NQT?
(Ranger had a DAY ABILITY and mused on the other thing)

Backed up by NQT - not incluing the inspect by
Meaning that NQT's ability is most likely an Auto is my guess.

Uhh, guys. Did you really just wish to vote on Ranger without looking back? Unless I missed something, this stands out.
Second: I just investigated NQT (got the results after the vote count, and yes i could use it during the day). Unless there is something screwing with my results, he's town.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 17, 2013, 10:01:00 pm »

Alright, let's see if we can get a useful post out of me. (And I've gotta say, A+ job new folks, you guys are killing it. Keep doing what you're doing!)

Quote from: NQT
Hapah claims Toaster is town, which is interesting and I don't know what to think- at first I'm inclined to believe him as I'd got a kind of mistaken-town vibe from Toaster, but then I wondered if Hapah was scum and was lying to boost Toaster's trustworthiness to reinforce my mislynch (but then, obviously not everything has to be about me). I just don't have enough info right now to judge the truth or motives of the claim.
I've stated my reasons for picking Toaster. For what it's worth, I'm leaning not-scum for you as well, the more I think about it. My somewhat WIFOM-y reasoning (that I don't think anyone has gone into yet) is that I don't know why a scum with your claimed ability (that has been confirmed by Ranger, I believe?) would forfeit what could be played as a poor man's daykill (picking a lover attached to the person being lynched shortly before the deadline has obvious implications). It is WIFOM, but nobody's gone into it yet and it's one more piece of evidence to consider.

Hapah: If you've confirmed toaster as town, whys your vote still on him? and why should we believe your claim of his towniness any more than people believe mine of NQT's?
Just busy busy, but thank you for the reminder. Unvote.

I'm going to follow Hapah's advice and avoid saying the exact name of the role
I don't think that was me, unless you are referring to one of my past games. Griff said it this go around.

You got the other details right- did you just find the power in list of mafia powers?
What list?

Quote from: Tir
The recent things regarding Toaster was...pretty strange seeing that he did claim that he inspected Toaster last night as compared to what he's doing right now - because its pretty strange in the way the power works.
I guess I wasn't too clear. The ability I used lets me pick any one statement made by the target the following day, and determine if it is true or false. I could have tried to be subtle about it and assess a riskier statement, but I decided direct and to the point was the way to go. After all, what could he do, decline to say "I am town"? I'm sure that would've gone over well.

Also, Everyone: I think you lot are making a mountain out of a molehill with Ranger, but we'll see!

That's everything that jumped out at me, I'll see about getting some questions of my own together in a bit.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 17, 2013, 10:03:55 pm »

Wait, wait.  I thought he rolecopped/inspected him last night... because he kept saying that things would be different after had a chance to use his role in the nighttime.  Now we hear that it's a day inspect, and he can get the data on exactly one role.  But he has data on multiple roles.

What do we actually know, here?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 17, 2013, 10:08:13 pm »

Data on multiple roles? But I see NQT as being the only role he got data on O_o

And... wasn't that one thing a day action? That would make sense if his acronym thing was a night acti-

...Huh, wait. Why did you think he inspected during last night? (Meaning: different things?)
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 93