Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits: Scum Win: Across the Border  (Read 60438 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 4: The Mylo General Store
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2013, 09:10:32 pm »

Fuck you, Tiruin. You asked me to explain, and I explained. We were only ever talking about the past. I don't know where you get off calling me evasive and narrow-minded when you were the one narrowing the focus to one goddamn post and what I was thinking at the time.

Seriously. Fuck you. I'm seriously fed up with your shit.

Quote from: Tiruin
If you're so obstinate to hold on your goals, then you can hang on them.
What the fuck does this even mean? What goals?

Quote from: Tiruin
You are denouncing my point of view.
Quote from: Captain Ford
All the points you made were valid.
Are you fucking kidding me?

Gods. I'm tired of this shit. You asked me about the reasoning behind one post. I told you the reasoning behind that post. You never asked me about my current opinions, or if they had changed. If you think I have a narrow point of view, it's because you were asking about a narrow topic.

I've had it with your bullshit. Seriously.

Request Replacement

PPE: Onyxjew.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2013, 09:12:55 pm »

Um, again, noobish question.

IC's, what does PPE mean?
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 4: The Mylo General Store [Rep. Needed]
« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2013, 09:14:55 pm »

PPE = Pre-post edit I believe.

Well... Farewell Ford. Hope to see you in future games.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2013, 10:22:28 pm »

Maybe. I enjoy the game, but I didn't sign up to be misunderstood, spend all my time trying to clarify it, and finally be told I'm focusing too much on it by the person who wouldn't shut up about it.

Seriously. I didn't deserve that.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 29, 2013, 11:09:59 pm »

Fuck you, Tiruin. You asked me to explain, and I explained. We were only ever talking about the past. I don't know where you get off calling me evasive and narrow-minded when you were the one narrowing the focus to one goddamn post and what I was thinking at the time.

Seriously. Fuck you. I'm seriously fed up with your shit.

===

Gods. I'm tired of this shit.
===

Maybe. I enjoy the game, but I didn't sign up to be misunderstood, spend all my time trying to clarify it, and finally be told I'm focusing too much on it by the person who wouldn't shut up about it.

Seriously. I didn't deserve that.

Guess who didn't deserve to be cursed at? It's a game. I understand annoyance but there is a limit to what is acceptable.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2013, 11:23:06 pm »

Remember that this is just a game and that anything said is only meant in the brief duration between when a post is submitted and when a post appears. Regardless of the kind of language used we're not here to make enemies of each other.

I would suggest that before you begin forming hard feelings directed towards the other players you wait until at least the game is over.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 30, 2013, 12:00:52 am »

Woah, ok...I wasn't aiming for that type of response actually. :/

I was discussing the points on the possibility of a power role, not discounting what you said. I did, in no way, try to mess up your case by trying to undermine your ideas there. Nor was I trying to...anger you at all. I did understand your case, but the premise behind it is questionable. Yes, the probability of there being a doctor who did protect you is there - this I do not contend with - but there is also the probability of scum not NK'ing and therefore confusing everyone else. The latter is what I'm basing my case on, including further questioning of yours.

Yes, I get that you assumed I'm the doctor, because logically if I didn't target you, I'd be hounding your case as you claimed that the doctor protected you - this being the foundation of your idea. If I did target you, then that would be scumhunting as you said. I put that vote in as pressure, to be frank, and to try to see your response on the matter.

What if I wasn't the doctor? That much was clear there. Then I can only be town or scum. How do you fix that matter? Pushing your point, or push it from another angle. If I can use Hapah's style, I'd have gone diplomatic and inquired on why your target was defensive, including an open ended question at the finish. Or, wondering why the shift of attitude or tone in the post - you could've noticed what I said that deviated from my player tone before, aye?

Or probably you think I'm coming at this case from an IC-status, looking over your posts again. No. The fact that I'm an IC here has nothing to do with my alignment or what else I'd be saying. In a real game, anything goes - tension may rise between people, but I've never aimed, or even thought of, angering anyone. You were at the top of that list...

I mean, dude...Really?  :-\

{Perhaps I shouldn't have gone as an IC after all. Seeing all this, I guess my mistakes are all from linguistics. Sorry Ford...That was never in my intention.}

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 30, 2013, 12:26:13 am »

Guess who didn't deserve to be cursed at? It's a game. I understand annoyance but there is a limit to what is acceptable.

You're right. I'll apologize for that. I was beginning to feel like it was the only way I could make myself understood, but that doesn't excuse it. I'm sorry, Tiruin. You didn't deserve that.

But I really am that frustrated. I can't continue this game.

PPE: Tiruin.

Yeah, I think things got very out of hand. It's one thing when it's all in-game, but a lot of it was meta -- me trying to figure out what the language barrier was and trying to understand you, and not using special formatting on your IC speech really screwed things up. I still have no clue what was supposed to be IC speech. And there's so much material there, it would be too confusing to go through it all again.

At this point, I'm having a hard time reading your posts without seeing things that aren't even there. I know from past experience that you're a cool guy. I'm having a hard time believing what I'm reading.

I realize I took it a bit too personally. I don't know if you did it intentionally or not. But it got to a point where I really didn't want to think you were doing it on purpose. I mean, using the language barrier against me is really low. I'm struggling with it in good faith, even though it might make me look scummy. If you're really using that against me on purpose, it just feels abusive. It made me feel betrayed.

In any case, I did need to make it clear that my frustration was beginning to extend outside of the game. In a game of mafia, it can be really hard to express that clearly.

...thanks for acknowledging my frustration, Tiruin. That's all I really needed. I can finish out this game now -- that is, as long as I haven't horribly offended all of you. :-[

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 30, 2013, 01:22:23 am »

Captain Ford Why are you so interested in who the doctor is? How does this help us find scum?
Huh? I must have given the wrong impression somewhere along the line.

I'm not all that concerned with who the doctor is. I was kind of pressuring Tiruin to see if he was hesitant to make a claim one way or the other.

Now, see, if scum had chosen to no-action on Night 2, they wouldn't know whether or not there was an actual doctor, so making a fakeclaim would be a risk. I was trying to see how he reacted to the idea, as much as I actually suspected him of being the doctor.

If a scum actually fakeclaimed doctor, and we had another doctor present, then they'd be trapped by their lie, and we'd know one of the two was scum. That would considerably improve our odds.

And if there isn't a doctor, or a bandit who wants to claim doctor ... then why was there no NK on night 2? Am I the only one who finds that possibility to be totally nuts? :(

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2013, 01:50:49 am »

I still have no clue what was supposed to be IC speech. And there's so much material there, it would be too confusing to go through it all again.
Thanks for that, but I'm sorry too...

I'm serious with the fact that my player talk also was aimed at helping - people do that, not just because I'm an IC too.

At this point, I'm having a hard time reading your posts without seeing things that aren't even there.
{Then maybe you're onto something?}

I mean, using the language barrier against me is really low.
:/
Know that I never abuse the use of this secondary language in anything I do. [I mean, I had personal issues with it in my past, but thats another story >.>]

And now, unvote

There was one thing nagging my mind. If you were scum, why would you just go out and subtly role fish the doctor out? At this moment, too.

Now, that was a vague hunch..But then
Now, see, if scum had chosen to no-action on Night 2, they wouldn't know whether or not there was an actual doctor, so making a fakeclaim would be a risk. I was trying to see how he reacted to the idea, as much as I actually suspected him of being the doctor.

I'll await Onyx' reply first.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 30, 2013, 05:18:35 pm »

Tiruin:

Maybe you should also answer Onyxjew's question while you're at it.

I mean wow. I see your point now, Onyx.

Spoiler: Off-Topic (click to show/hide)

Regarding this:
Also, everyone has posted, and no one has claimed doctor yet. At what point should we assume there isn't one?
And you keep on pointing to this matter. At what point should you assume there is, or isn't one?

Why do you keep on pressing it? What is so evasive of me being who I am, hmm?
I'd like to withdraw that. I've thought about it more, and it really doesn't matter if there's a doctor or not. I thought figuring out that detail could help me figure out what's going on. But unless we had two doctor claims, it wouldn't help us any.

At this point, I'm having a hard time reading your posts without seeing things that aren't even there.
O_o

...?

Tiruin?

Onyxjew:
First of all, I think I applied FTD wrong. FTD is only meaningful when there's a consistent failure to deliver. Such as promising to post a huge WoT for several days without posting it and without giving a good reason. I've seen it nail scum numerous times. But it's rather uncommon to actually catch someone doing it. And you did deliver, so it doesn't apply.

I felt guilty about that. Misapplying scumtells isn't something I like to perpetuate.

Um, again, noobish question.

IC's, what does PPE mean?
Nerjin was right that it means "pre-post edit". It's also used as shorthand to indicate that the post was written without having read one or more preceding posts.

In this case it meant that I wrote my post before reading yours. It was worth noting because you voted me in it. Knowing that I wrote my post before you made your vote is important, because otherwise one might get the impression that your vote influenced my reaction.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 30, 2013, 05:31:09 pm »

PFP
O_o

...?

Tiruin?
{That was me guessing that you've got something there, judging by the 'seeing things that aren't even there'. By that, I guess you should point that out in a speculative or hypothetical manner, or just point that out with a 'what I think about this is-' or something.}

So...that something is scummy, right?

Quote from: That question I missed

There seems to be a lot of discussion on the remaining power role(s). Do you think there is a doctor at all?

I am ambivalent regarding the presence of a doctor. I am not the doctor.

Just because there was no kill doesn't specifically mean there is a doc in the game. Disregarding any explanation on that and the non-NK, I'm guessing the doctor would either be claiming now - MYLO, and if this goes into a no lynch, he has a chance of getting the NK anyway - but also would give crucial information regarding his finds, why he protected the people mentioned, and his reads on them.

So...yeah, I am mostly neutral (leaning on no-doc) whether there is a doc here, but if there is one it would surprise me as I can't discern who he is now.

Reminds me of this one doctor in the past BM. Couldn't pin-point link it because I'm rushing this post because of work. But it's all there, discussion on doc-ish ness after the game, including a full powerrole set up.

{That is a reference by the way, which gives an idea of how the doctor plays - it isn't conclusive evidence to my statement, but would act as a third-party[?] explanation.}

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 30, 2013, 06:04:40 pm »

Tiruin: I stared at your post for about 40 seconds before I realized it was new.

I didn't expect you to be online right now.  :o

PFP
O_o

...?

Tiruin?
{That was me guessing that you've got something there, judging by the 'seeing things that aren't even there'. By that, I guess you should point that out in a speculative or hypothetical manner, or just point that out with a 'what I think about this is-' or something.}

So...that something is scummy, right?
...I don't know. You're the one who said I was onto something. What exactly is it that I'm onto?

Since you've denied being the doctor, there's only one other thing I could be onto.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 4: An Eternal Sleep
« Reply #238 on: January 30, 2013, 07:48:02 pm »

The near abandonment of the issue by Ford was a nearly devastating disaster to the rooting out of the bandits. Each and every voice is needed as the sun dips ever lower in the sky. Unless the town finds the bandit soon it could be the last sun-set they ever see.

Day 4 will end 1/31/2013 at 5PM. There are 22 hours left!

The Old Parchment Reads:

Onyxjew944:

Captain Ford: Onyxjew944,   

Tiruin: Captain Ford,   

Ironyowl:

Not Voting: IronyOwl,   Tiruin

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2013, 07:55:28 pm »

Really sorry about this, but I am overloaded with RL crap. I'll try to get everything done tonight so I can come back and go over it tomorrow, but for now Unvote. Sorry about returning to lurking, but I will have much more time in two days.

I'll have some time in about sixteen hours.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21