Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 218070 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Night 1: Lights Out [1 Replacement]
« Reply #630 on: April 16, 2013, 09:06:23 am »

RangerCado heads to the kitchen and prepares a nice hearty breakfast of tea and coffee. He also snags some bagels from the pantry because he loves bagels.

Tiruin conjures up a sunflower with a face on it. After a few seconds, the flower lets out a horrific scream and falls over.

He's been murdered! Noooooooooo! Florence! Why?!?

Vote Count
------------------------
Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere - Urist Imiknorris, Vector,
RangerCado -
The Soldier -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin - Zrk2, TheWetSheep,
Toaster - Hapah,
TolyK -
Urist Imiknorris -
Vector -
zombie urist - Tiruin, Griffionday,
Zrk2 - RangerCado,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TolyK, Toaster, zombie urist, The Soldier,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Thursday at 9 PM Central.

Day Extended.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #631 on: April 16, 2013, 09:09:24 am »

Blah blah forgot you hate abbreviated votes.

Vote Notquitethere
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 16, 2013, 09:27:28 am »

TolyK
I have information that would be helpful to you, NQT.
Not claiming anything yet, though.
You had my hopes up there for a moment! I can understand your reticence. Let's see if I can convince you otherwise.
It's not only that I don't want to tell you quite yet, it's also that I'd be telling everyone.
[/quote]Funny thing, you're mentioning it. Now you're teasing the fishing line.

It's also that you'd have been better off not mentioning it in the first place. Why do you keep on coming back at it?

And Scum NQT couldn't have been inspected as Town by a Town Ranger, unless he has 5 aces in his pockets.
Really now?

@Adding to Hapah: If that was your purpose - why don't you ask everyone to say such? Yet you picked Toaster.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 16, 2013, 09:38:15 am »

Hmm.

Tiruin, care to say "I am town" yourself?  Hell, everyone should do so.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 16, 2013, 09:52:11 am »

I am town.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 16, 2013, 10:20:09 am »

PFP
Hapah:  That clean enough for you?
Yeah, thanks boss. And you are close, it's a nighttime 1-shot that let me know if someone said by the target the following day is true. I rolled around a few options, but in the end I think playing it like a cop is the best way to go. If any of you disagree I'm all ears, but I don't really see it.

Tir: I picked Toaster for more or less the same reason I picked Vector in Totem: Strong player that I don't really have a read on. Best case he's scum yay go team, worst case I've still got a strong player I can reasonably trust.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 16, 2013, 11:17:10 am »

Ranger
NQT: Cupid's Arrows I believe was the name of the ability...
OK, close enough, I believe you now. The trouble with this game is it can make you hyper paranoid and though I wanted to believe you, a part of me worried this was an elaborate buddying ploy.

What you've said also made me go back to my Role PM and i'm... i guess the word would be intrigued. I'm not sure what to make of what i found but your right, the PMs hide stuff.
I'm glad my info could be of some use!

Zrk2
What sort of hell do you live in?
I guess they'd much rather you read books in Reading town.

If you think it's so likely that they're scum then maybe you should tell us who they are. This little magic act grows tiresome.
His strings and revisions Are bothering me. He seems to be making it up as he goes along... NQT these little strings you keep pulling out are BS. Own up to what your role actually does or stop using it as an excuse not to scumhunt.
I'm not going to reveal the lovers unless I'm sure one of them is scum and that's by no means certain yet. Why do you want to know so badly? You're fishing hard right now. I've only revealed as much information as has been prudent to help town and catch scum. How can I be making things up? Most of my claims have been independently verified and I've only lied to trap scum. And I think the scum are jumping out of the woodwork with my claims, eh Zrk2?

Hapah
Quote from: NQT
- I am immune to kills from my lovers picks. I omitted this information before to set this trap. Now that there's been no night kill it strongly confirms my suspicions: there's a high chance that one of my lovers tried to kill me last night. A scum or 3rd party lover would have a massive incentive to kill me before I was able to reveal who they were.
Can you explain the bolded part? I don't quite follow what the scum would gain. (PPE: I still don't follow, even with your clarification in post 612).
If I'm dead, I can't out them to town. Being a known lover is a vulnerable position for scum: vulnerable against both a town lynch and third parties. Dead men tell no tales.

Sheep
Now, one thing pokes out at me about NQT:

He was planning to use his lovers/chat ability on himself. Why himself, when it gave lovers status? Did you feel it was worth it, NQT?
I was going to use it on someone I thought was scum so I could essentially blackmail them into keeping me alive. As I don't tend to have a very good survival rate in these games, it seemed to me to be a good way of taking out scum. I think that things have worked out even better this way.

Wait, how would you out them if you don't know they're scum? The only way you'd have that kind of information is if what happened did happen. But since you'd have had to have that information before the attempted kill, this becomes circular reasoning.
Uh, I think you've lost the thread of what I was trying to say. If a lover is scum, they'd want to kill me to stop me blabbing, right? Given that it looks like a scum lover may have targeted me in the night, the chance of a lover being scum has risen, but it's by no means certain yet. Are we clear?

Griff
How do you know that Vector targeted Zrk2?  It seems odd to claim that information without giving us the details on that.
I thought it might be useful for town to know about the targeting, but I don't think it's necessarily in town's interest to know how I know. Hopefully, you'll understand.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 16, 2013, 11:19:48 am »

I am town.

I didn't action anyone last night.  For this reason, NotQuiteThere's claim seems rather specious; I've been trying to think about whatever mechanics might cause this situation, and I can't think of any.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 16, 2013, 11:32:43 am »

Okay, lets see what i can do here.

Tiruin: You seem to be Town to me. Your posts haven't appeared unreasonable or scummy to me despite the cases against you as i don't see their points. Sheep i'm neutral on right now. He's seemed scummy, then townie, going back and forth for me that i can't get a solid read on him. As for Zrk, My original case of him over reacting is still mulling in my mind. Since then his posts have become... almost rehearsed, like he takes a twice the time normal on his posts to make sure nothing can be used against him. Its just feels, wrong to me. Also, my questions to Zrk below.

Why I claimed: NQT accurately explains this as "knowledge is the towns power." If i end up getting killed and show up town, my claims would be justified. If i kept the information myself until i was on the chopping block, or guarenteed to die, i doubt it would save me in any way. In truth, i'd probably be called a newbie trying to bluff my way out. Saying it when theres no one on me will draw suspicion to me, but my claim is less likely to be shrugged off until my death flips me town. These are my reasons.

Zrk: You still haven't stated your reasons for going after Tiruin. Sure you had a "big" post you "deleted", but you haven't stated anything else on this. You've said you were upset that you lost it but you should still state reasons. This isn't RVS anymore. You've also completely dropped whatever case you had on me. Besides the rehearsed posts, you've almost become passified. Why have you lost your initial momentum from Day 1 and haven't done much since the day started?

Hapah: Since Tiruin suggested it, (and it sounds a lot like your role is Child-esque from DF mafia)  I Am Not Town. (and because this could be useful to you too) My Inspect claim is False. If your wondering why i'm saying the negative, I'm thinking Sly Elf hunting from DF mafia 3.

(And 2 posts)

NQT: Yeah, i don't think Web is being as honest with us about the flavor at all.

Vector: In a BYOR, we can never be sure of what we could be dealing with... Sandman Mage maybe? Makes you sleep walk but your not told?

More in about 4 hours. I'm have a test to take, and 3 English videos to watch and give an essay on. ciao!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 16, 2013, 11:42:57 am »

Vector:
I am town.

I didn't action anyone last night.  For this reason, NotQuiteThere's claim seems rather specious; I've been trying to think about whatever mechanics might cause this situation, and I can't think of any.
Possibly use of an ability that forces you to target him?  I can't think of why he would use such an ability but it would make the situation make sense no?

Zrk2:
Can your ability (the one that requires ability names) permanently block an ability/change holder of ability?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 16, 2013, 11:56:58 am »

NQT:
I thought it might be useful for town to know about the targeting, but I don't think it's necessarily in town's interest to know how I know. Hopefully, you'll understand.
There are a couple reasons why it might not be in the towns best interest to know; however, can you at least tell us why you cant tell us?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 16, 2013, 11:59:54 am »

I am town.

Interesting.

So either NQT was forced to see someone else, was diverted onto another person and...somehow saw Vector instead...Or you're just lying. Which makes little sense given anything, actually.

Do you know if you did anything that you didn't do?

NQT: More details on this thing you saw. Was there anything regarding what you saw?
Wait, how would you out them if you don't know they're scum? The only way you'd have that kind of information is if what happened did happen. But since you'd have had to have that information before the attempted kill, this becomes circular reasoning.
Uh, I think you've lost the thread of what I was trying to say. If a lover is scum, they'd want to kill me to stop me blabbing, right? Given that it looks like a scum lover may have targeted me in the night, the chance of a lover being scum has risen, but it's by no means certain yet. Are we clear?
This is fallible in the way in that the one fact is they're the informed minority. While you could say who the lovers are - how do we even know they're scum unless any conclusive and reasonable case is presented?

How does it look like a scum lover targeted you? You keep drifting to that topic and yet there are many (count: more than 10) other people who might've acted. Roleblock. Doc/+1 life. Divert/Nullify. Delay.

Millions of things.

[...]
Hapah: Since Tiruin suggested it, (and it sounds a lot like your role is Child-esque from DF mafia)  I Am Not Town. (and because this could be useful to you too) My Inspect claim is False. If your wondering why i'm saying the negative, I'm thinking Sly Elf hunting from DF mafia 3.
Tastes so much like third party-not town dude. Post it in a new, unfettered post just to comply with the past rules regarding the truth-teller (I was thinking Dwarven kid anyhow, still, it was Toaster that suggested it.)

Though, you seem to be more pointed today. Humor me, change in attitude > why? Also, why are you poking Sly Elf (Refresh please? I forgot the context) when the thing was in (mostly) black and white by Hapah?

NQT: Yeah, i don't think Web is being as honest with us about the flavor at all.
Nothing we can do about that...unless someone has powers which affect the Mod O_o

And I killed a flower. Blargh.

PPE: I just got Griffon'd in regard to Vector.

Aaaan another Griff.

Could you do the Toaster and Town-ify a new one [post]?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 16, 2013, 12:35:54 pm »

Zrk: Is that all you've got on Tir?
I had a whole post, but I deleted it and I haven't had the time to make another solid one. NO exam tomorrow so I'll be able to do it then.

Zrk - Wat.
On Tiruin:
You have been inconsistent on your scumhunting, most notably on TolyK, then you have tried to minimize/deflect the cases presented against you instead of addressing them. Your scumhunting has been hit and miss and your responses have not been conducive to good scumhunting by others.
Oh dear me. You conclude much without even giving me anything of your own questioning! Very interesting how you're gauging my scumhunting without any conclusive evidence; or evidence at all on the ideas. Then you give a twisted detail on the case (singular) presented against me.

Hey, smarty. Read what I said. I'm addressing TWS. If my scumhunting has been hit and miss - what results are there for you to work on? Where is the conducive evidence that so condemns me?

Because this is even worse than anything you did D1. What do you mean by inconsistent scumhunting and how does that apply here?
I mean that you have been all over someone in one post, and then ignored/softballed them in the next. It's like you can't orient yourself or feel confident in your vote. You scumhunting being iffy is in and of itself a result. It means you aren't comfortable in that role and that means you can't be town.

Zrk2:
That sounds pretty complex for a N1 move. Occam's razor, my friend.
It's the most likely case if both of them are scum though yes?
It still sounds too roundabout to me, but it's possible.

-snip-
I can vouch for the names part; one of my abilities requires the names of someone else's ability names to work.
Do you have another ability that lets you read the names of the abilities to match?  How is this intended to work if you can't get the names of their abilities?
If I can't get the names of abilities then I'm in trouble.

If you think it's so likely that they're scum then maybe you should tell us who they are. This little magic act grows tiresome.
His strings and revisions Are bothering me. He seems to be making it up as he goes along... NQT these little strings you keep pulling out are BS. Own up to what your role actually does or stop using it as an excuse not to scumhunt.
I'm not going to reveal the lovers unless I'm sure one of them is scum and that's by no means certain yet. Why do you want to know so badly? You're fishing hard right now. I've only revealed as much information as has been prudent to help town and catch scum. How can I be making things up? Most of my claims have been independently verified and I've only lied to trap scum. And I think the scum are jumping out of the woodwork with my claims, eh Zrk2?
YOU said YOU thought they were scum because YOU think they tried to kill YOU, so maybe YOU should out the people that YOU are convinced are scum.

Zrk: You still haven't stated your reasons for going after Tiruin. Sure you had a "big" post you "deleted", but you haven't stated anything else on this. You've said you were upset that you lost it but you should still state reasons. This isn't RVS anymore. You've also completely dropped whatever case you had on me. Besides the rehearsed posts, you've almost become passified. Why have you lost your initial momentum from Day 1 and haven't done much since the day started?
You've been quiet so I haven't had anything to add. It still rubs me the wrong way but the game has moved on, and I wasn't gaining any supporters, so I've filed it away for future use.

Zrk2:
Can your ability (the one that requires ability names) permanently block an ability/change holder of ability?
It lets me use an ability that belonged to a dead player.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 16, 2013, 12:39:40 pm »

I am town.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 16, 2013, 12:59:40 pm »

PFP

lol, you guys can all stop with the "I am town" claims, unless someone else wants to see them. I can only verify one of Toaster's (and only Toaster, he was targeted by my night action unless I got blocked/redirected/whatever) statements. I'm going to take his town statement unless there are objections.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 93