Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Clout: Round One, Turn 3 - The Philosopher King  (Read 13545 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Clout: Round One - The Land of Albion
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2013, 09:57:15 am »

Actully he's got 1 might left.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2013, 10:01:02 am »

which he can't move...but yeah i actually meant his troops in Sitra.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2013, 10:07:13 am »

which he can't move...but yeah i actually meant his troops in Sitra.

Now now, that rather breaks the immersion. We're dealing with abstract might. Say...his troops are routing, he still can't use them, therefore they count as 0 might. Now next turn, if he recruits more, he can say he rallied them and supplied reinforcements. This system gives us flexibility.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2013, 10:08:34 am »

Reply to Ferdici:

You are wise in recognising the folly of your previous words that We decided to reply to with action rather than empty threats. We intended you no great harm, but were greatly displeased by your arrogance and haugty words that intended to do harm to others.

We are magnanimous however and are inclined to your offer. We are interested in details of your proposal and would be happy to consider them favourably if they will bring about stability.

His Majesty King of Primeria

@Emral:Primeria agreees to the offer of a defensive alliance against Finster (no raiding my allies, Ghaz!). Primeria also invites to expansion of said alliance with non-agression clauses and mutual securites for allied minors.
To Mercassia and Hark- inquire about thier current defense and offence capabilities to find out if guarantees or deployments are needed.

Up to 2 Mights are commited to protection of my new allies (Mercassia and Hark) if they are attacked or if Finster is attacked, in the interest of peace keeping in the region and to ensure that Jarl fulfills his payments.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2013, 11:17:20 am »

Woah, Ilteum, I bought all the mercenaries including Moylnars'. I should have two troops left in Finster. I can send you screenies of that, where I referred to the might I was sending as 6 in my correspondence with my allies among others. My mistake for not being clearer.

Ahhhh.  I neglected to include the Moylnars, didn't I?  My bad.  Well, I can tell you exactly what will happen if you send them in now; you'll spend 4 more Wealth and Primeria and Yon'daer will both move in the remaining 1 Might each they have massed on the border of Finster.  If you want to go ahead with that for whatever reason, say the word, otherwise I'll let you out of that action on account of GM error.

Yeah, Ghaz and Ardas did actually manoeuvre enough Might into play to make that a stalemate even if I hadn't overlooked the Moylnars, I was wondering why they'd given me 2 extra Might to play with there.

Up to you though; I'll just add in a small second battle in which those forces meet and stalemate again unless you can add in another Might from somewhere.  Else, you can save your money for another endeavour.

Those were nercs if i see that correctly. So you couldn't have moved them.

They were not described as Mercs by the event post, so I assumed the Molynars were providing them at personal PC expense.

Yeah, Urist's right.  Again, GM boop-up.  Fortunately for you, I don't think either Ghaz or Ardas can afford the terms they'd charge to flip now, so you can content yourself with not getting buggered even further on the treachery front.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:22:14 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2013, 11:24:19 am »

well out of curiosity...what would they charge?  :P

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2013, 11:26:14 am »

Slightly more than you have.  ;D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2013, 12:25:03 pm »

These have been hectic days for the land of Albion. The ruthless Jarls have disrupted the previous order and now the continent lies at war. Diplomats from the two sides have been trying to convince the Duke of Phantoni to join their side and this is the day he makes his decision.
I will use 2 PC to send 2 units to Finster.
I will also offer Trilania 3 gold and the right to loot or take as much of Finster's military infrastructure as they want if they send in 3-4 might as well.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:29:53 pm by Emral282 »

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2013, 12:31:03 pm »

Send the Molynar troops to accompany Emral conditional upon him sending the two he's sent.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2013, 12:37:25 pm »

What the Fuck Emral? aren't you allied with Ardas...?

BEsides your attack is useless. Ardas still has loads of Might to send and im not without defense either just so you know. What you are doing is the same as the rest your gonna lose this.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2013, 12:42:10 pm »

Ardas only has enough PC to send in 2 more Might, and the Khanate can send one. Even without Trilanan troops, you're going to loose.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2013, 12:43:30 pm »

Don't be so sure i can still retreat one regiment from Sitra. That costs me my loot but Emral will have nothing but 2 Dead Regiments.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2013, 12:44:48 pm »

You don't have the PC to retreat the regiment.
Also with my allies you guys just don't have enough defenders.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:46:54 pm by Emral282 »

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2013, 12:47:03 pm »

Not to mention you HAVE to loot two for next turn Ghaz, or you get 0 PC next turn.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2013, 12:48:59 pm »

I'll also rule that it costs 0 PC to pull troops back from a foreign theatre to the homeland.  Thus an attack on someone's heartlands can be an effective way to force them to withdraw from their planned aggression, even if they don't have the PC to move them anywhere else.

i highly doubt that. Since i need no Pc to retreat my units back home. Your gonna gain nothing from that attack. I don't know what you got promised but i certainly can make sure that you wont get anything out of it. And Urist send mercenaries. I think you and i know by now how well that worked the last three times.

nope Urist you got your maths wrong. I gain 8 Pc on top. If i don't loot i still get 5,5 PC.
Finster: (Minor Opportunity) The invasion is going well and you have established a foothold on Albion, but why stop there?  Your carls are eager for plunder, so provided you raze two infrastructure from somewhere before the next turn, you'll get a bonus 8 Political Capital for your troubles.

as i said sending guys to Finster is definetly a drain. you wont have anything from it. Move out now and i forget this.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:52:21 pm by Ghazkull »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18