Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Clout: Round One, Turn 3 - The Philosopher King  (Read 13515 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Clout: Round One, Turn 3 - The Philosopher King
« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2013, 02:04:48 pm »

As opposed to fighting a hopeless war and losing even more?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 19, 2013, 02:09:26 pm »

Let's see what the NPC allies do (And I include Urist's). You've only managed to bring in 10 Might Ardas. We sent in way more than this on the first turn and didn't get anything done, why would this time be different?

Honestly, if it wasn't for Mcclay quitting (which is a massive stroke of luck on your part...) I wouldn't even bother to answer you.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 19, 2013, 02:17:34 pm »

So you really expected me to sit back and have my allies bought from under me? As for McClay quitting - he told me several days ago. It was calculated in. As several other things that you are yet to see.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2013, 01:24:42 am »

I can send 6 troops. Good luck, Ardas. This little hopeless hawk-and-dove doesn't become you. You're the Soviet Union, and it's 1962. You lose less by giving up Cuba because the United States feels it cannot survive with it off the coast of our florida. In this game of chicken, if Sheb swerves, he hits a brick wall. You swerve, you lose a little. I plan on voting for Sheb diplomatic victory.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2013, 02:00:44 am »

Well, you're not doing a very good job of it, refusing my offer and all :P
The thing is: At the end of the day we get more PC and have more Mili Inf than you do. We also have more Influence too, so if we all lose our Might, say like we are just now, we can toss a bunch more unrest at you than you can at us.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2013, 03:46:55 am »

This isn't game of chicken for me, this is Red Dawn if you want to stretch the cold war analogy.
And I'm aware he will hit a brick wall. This is name of the game, isn't it?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 03:49:36 am by Ardas »

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2013, 05:44:57 pm »

I didn't reject your offer. You gave me an arbitrarily short timeline and no reason to trust you. You've got more infrastructure, but you've also got a massive money problem, Emral. You also asked for money up front. You might as well have been selling an ipad on craigslist for 200 bucks by western union money order only.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 06:00:10 pm by Urist_McDrowner »

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 20, 2013, 06:30:12 pm »

I gave you the short timeline because the host said he was ending the turn soon and I needed the cash this turn. Plus, saying 'I'll get back to you in a day' then not sending anything for over three days seems like rejecting the offer to me; and that was before, and the other reason, I set the strict timelimit. I probably would have been more lenient if you actually did contact me again.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 22, 2013, 06:37:55 am »

Ahah, no matter what, I suggest you hang back a bit and wait to claim the spoil, otherwise Ardas will be more than happy to let you do the grunt work of dying for nothing.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 18, 2014, 12:23:16 pm »

I know its Thread Necromancy of the most despicable order, but can somebody revive this game...pretty please?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]