Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 163

Author Topic: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!  (Read 216668 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« Reply #1545 on: February 04, 2015, 05:19:50 am »

Pretty accurate summary.

Thankfully, it's starting to look like we may just be getting rid of the mad monk.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 04, 2015, 06:19:59 am »

Pauline Hanson has a shot at taking a seat in the Queensland parliament. *readies popcorn* She's currently ahead, but that could change if the count goes against her: they counted the rural votes a lot faster, where she blazed ahead, but are yet to count the full distribution of votes in the urban parts of the electorate, where she did shit.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 05, 2015, 07:28:43 am »

I'm just loving how badly the Queensland results have bunched up the Coalition's knickers into a right twist.

Do they dump Toxic Tony? Wouldn't that be a lark. Pots and kettles of various colours all round.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 05, 2015, 07:35:17 am »

The coalition are lacking a viable contender, at least one willing to put their hand up.

But one possibility is that they could ditch Tony first, have the deputy PM as a temporary replacement, and then have a publicized vote-off between two other contenders. That would be a viable strategy, since it would prevent the new PM getting the "backstabber" label. A "spread the blame" sort of thing.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 07, 2015, 02:08:21 am »

Guysguysguys!

IT'S HAPPENING

Turnbull is shaping up to reclaim his throne!

Wrongs will be righted
(though no Wongs will be knighted)!
Turnbull turned turncoat,
As the rich old men go to vote.
Whatever happens, one thing is sure,
The Libs next election is gonna be sore...

I suppose my prose is a bit on the nose, but that's how it goes :D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:10:50 am by Osmosis Jones »
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: February 07, 2015, 08:48:10 pm »

And in further news, Abbott has brought the spill forward to Monday, likely in an attempt to minimise time for backroom plotting. However, doing so appears to have annoyed several of the backbenchers. Will it come back to bite him in the arse? Find out soon!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 07, 2015, 08:55:18 pm »

Oh, this is truly hilarious. I look forward to it.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 08, 2015, 04:43:41 am »

Toxic Tony's getting the flush? I wholeheartedly approve. He's been floating in the bowl far too long.

Not that Malcolm "Censor ALL the things" Turnbull is much better mind you. If there's a strong contender for second place in the crappy policy that hurts the common people department, his role as Communications Minister would sure fit the bill.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 08, 2015, 06:11:46 am »

While I'll be happy to see Tony Abbott go if it happens, I am kinda getting annoyed that neither major party seems to be able to sort out it's in-fighting & actually get on with running the country. Still, hopefully Joe Hockey will go down with him, that'd be nice.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: February 08, 2015, 05:54:44 pm »

Spill was defeated by 61-39, with one informal vote, and one absentee (who's wife is in labour).

:(

Abbott remains PM, but he has almost 40% of the party unhappy enough with him that they'll risk the negative press of a leadership spill; gonna be interesting to see how he deals with that...

Also, members of Abbott's team (namely, senator Corey Bernadi) are now calling for Turnbull's resignation, along with that of the guys who tabled the spill motion.

Long story short, we're stuck with Abbott still, but Labor will be ecstatic over the result.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: February 08, 2015, 07:14:48 pm »

Not only that, but I think another spill is likely after the NSW election.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: February 09, 2015, 09:31:31 am »

Not only that, but I think another spill is likely after the NSFW election.
What I read.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 09, 2015, 04:01:35 pm »

It must have been the spandex bike shorts that pushed him over the line.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: February 20, 2015, 05:26:08 am »

You know what's an outrage? The new low-salt vegemite. Low salt vegemite. Next they'll be trying to get us to drink low strength beer. Rise up Australia and demand not less salt, but add extra salt to your vegemite just to spite them. The salt is a tradition. It's even more insidious because I tried some of this low salt vegemite and couldn't tell it from the regular stuff. That's how they get you.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 20, 2015, 07:14:30 am »

So, it has less salt, but is still just as salty? What is this!? D:
I need to science some onto toast!
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 163