Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sanity Reigns [Game Over]  (Read 96574 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Still the same four [Day 5]
« Reply #615 on: May 13, 2013, 03:42:36 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

I don't think we'll need to extend again right??  What are you doing/voting Hapah and LNCP?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 13, 2013, 04:07:21 pm »

Okay. I figured out what I was doing wrong - I read that he used the Misdirection scroll N4, which he later claims he didn't. That confused me, but I got it sorted now.

Reg. Toony's actions:

I used a Scroll of Misdirection last night which redirects anybody

This was posted D5. It's safe to assume "last night" means N4. Claim 1: Used Misdirection N4.

This, as per the rules of the game, should have been delayed to N5 if it actually happened. Okami has a confirmable action, because there is no item (to my knowledge) that allows you to know to who you have redirected someone's action. Hapah also has a confirmable action, and needless to say I know what I did N4. That means that this cannot have happened, and that a Misdirection occurred on N3 which was delayed by Hapah.

I used a Scroll of Knowledge I got D1.  I was definitely delayed.

Claim 2: Used Knowledge N3.

This is an excellent item to fakeclaim because it doesn't rely on anyone else confirming your action for you, and with this few players, if you wait long enough, there is a good chance to be able to BS up a result by looking at others' action claims.

LNCP delays Toony (confirmed)
Toony misdirects LNCP onto himself (confirmed), Toony gets delayed.
Hapah treasures LNCP (confirmed)
Okami tracks LNCP (confirmed), sees he targeted Toony.

He implies as much here. The only way this is resolved is that the scroll was used earlier, and he has used an unknown action N4.

Some of the other suggestions mentioned by others here don't make sense, because:

1. Hapah can't really be lying unless there's some shenanigans going on, but there's no kill either.

No space for kill, as said below.

2. Okami could have figured LNCP was going to target me which leaves him completely open for anything, like a Scroll of Confusion on LNCP.

Makes no sense, because if Okami used a scroll of Confusion, that means that he can no longer assume I targeted Toony.

3. I was delayed so LNCP is likely telling the truth, but there's no kill either.

That's because everyone but you used confirmable actions, and you got delayed. There's no space for a kill.

4. Other possibilities I can think of are Scroll of Darkness, somebody has Kill Resistance and actually survived a kill, another Scroll of Slowing is screwing everything up even more, etc.

Again, no space for a kill. There was no space for a kill last night either, to my knowledge, as all actions were again confirmable but Toony's. Since it is Toony's Misdirect that must've triggered, but this action cannot have occurred N4, it means that his N3 action is confirmed to have been a Misdirect. There was no Slowing scroll either N3 or N4, because there was no space for it, and that means there is no "screwing-up" other than what was caused by Hapah and I.

If I (Hapah) was lying about my N4 action, that'd mean that LNCP would have known about it. The only way LNCP would go along for the ride if I was lying is if we weren't enemies (same scumteam, cult, one of us survivor and the other scum, whatever). I see the possibility of 2 anti-town players left at this point as remote, but you can come to your own conclusions.

This is MYLO. There is no configuration where this'd work out with a fakeclaim, as inevitably this implies either a scum and a Townie working in concert or two Townies working in concert.

Toony is the odd factor here. Granted, delays obscure the setup here, but it's clear there's at least one fakeclaim involved.

Yes, I have considered No Lynching. It might even be a safer option, as it allows us to get more detail. Why I'm not doing it? Because I need to work, and I've run out of time to spend on this game. It might be a tired excuse at this point, but it is every bit as true as the first time I said it.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 13, 2013, 04:09:05 pm »

Or no, he does claim it was used N4.

Ah, screw it. I expounded enough on that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 13, 2013, 06:09:07 pm »

Flashy it is it seems.  I'll remove any doubt I have since I'm prime lynch tonight.

There's certainly space if you're lying LNCP.  Seeing as Okami would have to get a lucky guess (or you could say a caluclated guess) but he's reading town anyway.  And Hapha's case is basically impossible.  Screw me if it was somehow Okami this game though.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 13, 2013, 06:36:31 pm »

Guess I'll vote Toony as well. Wish work would have told me my schedule was going to be terrible; I feel like I half-assed it after D2.

Here's hoping it's not Okami, lol. I'll be interested to see scumchat after the game, that's for sure.

Anything else?

Flashy it is it seems.
?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 13, 2013, 06:49:28 pm »

LNCP's vote would turn today into a "we're gonna lynch somebody" since it's been a tie so far.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 13, 2013, 07:01:57 pm »

Guess I'll vote Toony as well. Wish work would have told me my schedule was going to be terrible; I feel like I half-assed it after D2.
Who says the game is over??

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 13, 2013, 07:03:26 pm »

What do you think the odds are that it won't end?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 13, 2013, 07:07:40 pm »

What do you think the odds are that it won't end?
If LNCP or Hapah are scum Okami can probably vig them.  Otherwise...?  I guess that means it's around a 66% of town win.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 13, 2013, 07:10:29 pm »

Wait I guess Okami would have to choose correctly if he's town, making it like...50%?  Since he'll probably choose correctly cough LNCP cough.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 13, 2013, 10:10:47 pm »

Toonyman backs into a corner, and pulls out his knife.

“No.  I won’t give up now.  The power... it is so close.  Can you not FEEL the power here?  We would be FOOLS to pass this up!  Come, join me!  We can bring back the glory of Zodank!”

The other three stare at him.  Okami shakes his head.  “No, you fool!  You have been tricked by the last flicker of an evil god.  Surrender now and come with us, and seek redemption outside.”

Hapah nods.  “Throw down your weapons and give up this nonsense.”  He takes a step toward Toonyman, holding his hands outward.

Toonyman growls.  “NEVER!”  He lunges directly at Hapah, knife raised to attack.  No one is close enough to stop it, and Hapah is unprepared.  The knife falls toward Hapah.

From nowhere, an arrow flies out and takes Toonyman in the side.  He falls over, bleeding and choking- it has pierced his lung badly, and Toonyman fades quickly.

Lordnincompoop walks over and pulls out the arrow.  He studies it and the body for a while.  “Funny... this matches the arrows he has.  How could he possibly have shot himself?”  No one has an answer.

The three surviving adventurers, their mission completed, return to the city and collect their reward.  They have to wonder, though- was the gold worth the horrors they faced?

ToonyMan has been lynched!  He was a Thief (Mafia).

Game over!  Town has won!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sanity Reigns [Game Over]
« Reply #626 on: May 13, 2013, 10:13:33 pm »

Scum Chat

Dead Chat

SK Chat

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Day 1 Item Gains (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 Actions (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 13, 2013, 10:17:44 pm »

Spoiler: Day 2 Item Gains (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Day 3 Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 3 Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Day 4 Item Gains (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 4 Actions (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 13, 2013, 10:19:34 pm »

If you're wondering, the arrow that killed Toony in the flavor was from his delayed nightkill the prior night.  It was aimed at Hapah.

Hope everyone enjoyed it, despite all the modkills.  I meant to write some flavor for that, but never got around to it.  Damn you lazy mods!

I feel bad for Leafsnail, who pulled the mighty Scroll of Genocide and totally whiffed.  Dead chattians, that's what I was referring to.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 13, 2013, 10:22:52 pm »

Hooray! TOWN VICTORY!

Why didn't Toony's kill go off during N5?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44