Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sanity Reigns [Game Over]  (Read 96575 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Still the same four [Day 5]
« Reply #555 on: May 06, 2013, 12:49:56 pm »

I found a Scroll of Slowing D4 and decided to test Hapah's "I slowed Toony, no kill" hyphothesis. I was also redirected to Toony by someone - presumably Hapah, since you seem to have used some follow item - but that didn't matter, since I wanted to use it on Toony anyway.
How does that work?  If it's another delay my "supposed" kill from the night before last should have went through.  I used a Scroll of Misdirection last night which redirects anybody who targets me too so that doesn't make any sense.  Plus, if you wanted to target me in the first place why did you have to get "redirected" by someone...oh I get it.  My redirect redirected onto myself...

I've confirmed it for myself, at least, that it's Toony that's got the kill. He will have three kills D5, but again, that won't matter since he could have won with two kills too.
Come on, this is just a repeat of yesterday.  Except I don't know if it's you or Hapah, I'm gonna lean on you for now until Hapah gives some insight.  I don't think I can warrant a vote though (because again, I don't know which it is and it's mylo).

This time, I know it's not a ScumHapah-ploy to win and I know scum must've at least tried  to action because they wouldn't not action in these circumstances (as far as I can think).
Unless they were busy setting somebody else up.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 06, 2013, 12:55:54 pm »

Were finals kicking your ass or something LNCP?  You didn't vote yesterday either.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 06, 2013, 06:58:37 pm »

I got off work before 9pm. Miracles do happen!

Toaster: Can actions be delayed more than a single night? Also, can a randomization (such as Scroll of Misdirection) send someone back to their original target?

It's worth noting that redirects process before blocks (and I'm assuming a delay counts as a block). (PPE: Yeah Toony's got it)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 06, 2013, 07:25:40 pm »

Hapah - Did you redirect LNCP to Toony, did you also use a Scroll of Misdirection, or is LNCP lying about originally targeting you?
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 06, 2013, 07:41:46 pm »

I don't believe LNCP ever claimed to have targeted me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 06, 2013, 07:49:41 pm »

Toaster: Can actions be delayed more than a single night?

No.

Also, can a randomization (such as Scroll of Misdirection) send someone back to their original target?

Yes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 06, 2013, 08:08:55 pm »

Thanks boss!

Okami: Why follow LNCP instead of Toony?

Toony, how many was it?

LNCP: If you were 1 scum with 4 players left, as we are now, would you use the NK? I can kinda see both sides, but I want to pick your brain a little.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 06, 2013, 08:10:37 pm »

Quick delay FAQ:

Q:  What effect type is a delay?
A:  A delay is a Redirection class effect.  It happens before all other effects.

Q:  What happens when an action is delayed?
A:  When an action is delayed, the action is "frozen" in place until the following night, at which point it resolves.

Q:  If the action checks the game state (Example:  Oracle Scroll) does it check the game state for the night it is delayed or the night it occurs?
A:  The night it occurs.  In the above example, if an artifact came into play between the time the Oracle Scroll was used and when it resolved, the new artifact would show up in the result.

Q:  What if the target is now invalid?
A:  The action fails.

Q:  Can the action be affected on the night it resolves?
A:  The action itself cannot be targeted the night it resolves, but it will consider other effects normally.  If the delayed person is blocked, delayed, or redirected on the night the action resolved, such effects do not affect the delayed action (but would affect any action that user takes that night normally).  On the other hand, if, for example, a kill is delayed from N1 to N2 and the target is protected N2, the protection saves the target.

Does that clear things up?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 06, 2013, 08:17:09 pm »

Just one more question, then: who wins in a fight between a Scroll of Misdirection and a Scroll of Delay? Coin flip?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 06, 2013, 08:24:01 pm »

Just one more question, then: who wins in a fight between a Scroll of Misdirection and a Scroll of Delay? Coin flip?

The Scroll of Delay wins. From the Game Information spreadsheet:

Blocking a redirector that isn't redirecting you succeeds before that redirector redirects.  Redirecting to a specific target takes precedence over randomization.  In the case of multiple specific targets, random.org decides.  Generally, anything that targets the action is considered a redirect.

It says "Blocking a redirector...", but it really should say "Blocking or redirecting a redirector..."   That means if you Delay someone who Misdirected, the Misdirect takes place the following night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 06, 2013, 08:43:21 pm »

What's the difference between Scroll of Slowing and Scroll of Delay?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 06, 2013, 08:46:48 pm »

* Toaster looks

There is no Scroll of Delay- just a Scroll of Slowing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 06, 2013, 08:48:57 pm »

Oh wow I didn't even know this spreadsheet existed.  I should click links before I ask...

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 06, 2013, 08:55:17 pm »

You knew what I meant, so it all worked out.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 06, 2013, 09:00:10 pm »

I don't believe LNCP ever claimed to have targeted me.
I misunderstood her night action claim.  I see what she meant now on re-parsing it.

Okami: Why follow LNCP instead of Toony?
Because she's second on my scum-list, and it pays to not take predictable actions.

Hapah - I assume you have a reason for not claiming.  Please either claim, or explain why you choose not to.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44