Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sanity Reigns [Game Over]  (Read 96640 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - The Cloister of Zodank, God of Madness [Day 1]
« Reply #285 on: March 29, 2013, 11:36:52 am »

Hapah
But Deathsword didn't answer either, did he? Did I miss it, or do you not give a damn about the replies?
Good shout Hapah- I thought he had responded but it looks like I missed that one. The obvious downside from asking eleven players questions is that it's easy to overlook people. I do try though. Also, my time is finite, so I won't be able to immediately follow up in-depth to all of them.

I'd find a lot things potentially suspicious, including, for instance, any reply which either exaggerated or understated the importance of some game element.
According to who? It feels like you are making this up as you go along.
According to my own understanding of the game. Hapah, it's not like I'm reciting lessons from my long years at Mafia College. What do you find suspicious then?

Deathsword: It looks like you missed my question.

Vector: Your experiment better to be golden, or questions regarding active-lurking are bound to arise.

The Soldier
The two main lynch candidates currently are ZU and Zrk2. Should either be lynched? Both? Neither? If neither, who should be lynched? What's your read on Hapah?
ZU seems to me the most scummiest: his curtness is a mask for evasiveness, and his predecessor Fresh was dropping scum tells like they were going out of fashion. But since we've been granted an extension, we've got a little more time to form our reads.

ZU, Zrk2, if we lynch you and you flip town who do you think we should be suspicious of next?

Imp. Imperial Guardsman. IG., I'm still waiting for a response.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 29, 2013, 11:43:35 am »

P.S.

The Soldier, my read on Hapah is that best case is, he's well meaning and thinks there's something about my style that is scummy. Worst case, he's just picked a random person to wail upon so he looks active. He certainly doesn't have any sort of case, or if he does I'd sincerely like to see it.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 29, 2013, 11:59:32 am »

ZU seems to me the most scummiest: his curtness is a mask for evasiveness, and his predecessor Fresh was dropping scum tells like they were going out of fashion. But since we've been granted an extension, we've got a little more time to form our reads.
ZU, Zrk2, if we lynch you and you flip town who do you think we should be suspicious of next?
Then why aren't you voting for me? NQT for the second part.

Zombie Urist's content is literally thirteen words over two days.
Where did you learn to count.  :-\

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 29, 2013, 12:07:24 pm »

PFP

I didn't count answering questions as content.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 29, 2013, 12:10:48 pm »

I am back from a long car ride to my uncle's house.  I'd like to know of ZU's experiment he mentioned, so I'll keep my vote on him.  I need to continue reading what I missed though.     

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 29, 2013, 12:15:22 pm »

Vote Count:

The Soldier:
notquitethere: Hapah, Zombie Urist
Vector:
Captain Ford:
Hapah:
Okami No Rei:
Deathsword:
Zrk2: Leafsnail, Vector, The Soldier, Okami No Rei, Tiruin
Leafsnail:
Imperial Guardsman: notquitethere
Tiruin:
alamoes:
Zombie Urist: alamoes, Imperial Guardsman, Zrk2

Not Voting: Deathsword, Captain Ford

Day 1 will last until until Friday, 3/29 at 11 PM EST, about 9 3/4 hours from this post.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 29, 2013, 12:17:30 pm »

I am back from a long car ride to my uncle's house.  I'd like to know of ZU's experiment he mentioned, so I'll keep my vote on him.  I need to continue reading what I missed though.     
What experiment? You mean Vector's experiment?

I didn't count answering questions as content.
I do. Otherwise there's no reason to ask questions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 29, 2013, 12:48:00 pm »

No.  Fuck it.  With reflection, I honestly don't think it's Zrk (gut says no and I'm suddenly remembering a hell of a lot of Zrk D1 lynches)--I just checked Mafia, Masons, and Hackers and ZU's laconic behavior is HIGHLY UNUSUAL for him.  Sure, he's laconic, but usually he asks good, solid questions.  Have we seen any posts like this one, recently?  He's coming off like a completely different player:

Actually...
Unvote. Vote Toaster What do you make of Dariush's lynch? What do you think of NQT's vote analysis? What do you think about Vector's meta argument?

His recent vote is also crap and demonstrates that he has absolutely no actual suspicions.  I'm pretty sure that someone with the minimal amount of experience ZU has can understand "I'm pressing this guy to get some answers and I'll kill you later."  This sort of vote reminds me one hell of a lot of how I played when I was starting to play scum: you can't really see anyone else's scumtells.  All you know is that you've got a sign painted on your back saying "IT'S ME IT'S ME" and you vote people over the stupidest shit.

So let's kill him, because as much as I understand Leafsnail's argument and every piece is correct, I really don't think Zrk2 is who we need to be lynching today.  If he keeps being as activelurky as he is, we can consider him later, but ZU has contributed even less and is going quite strongly against his own established meta.

As for my experiment, sometimes when you nail scum you can sort of see the rest of the scumteam reforming up in the background.  I've been townhunting for this past little bit, but now I've got some leads and can stop doing it.  All this, of course, works better when no one knows exactly what you're doing.

Here are my reads:

1. The Soldier - lean town, need to see more data to be sure.
2. notquitethere - pretty sure he's town on my initial sweep, but I'm not totally sure.
3. Vector - CT >_>
4. Captain Ford - town.
5. Hapah - lean town, need to question more D2.
6. Okami No Rei - probably scum.  I'm going to wait on more information from him, but that whole lynch-chaining thing is really bothering me.
7. Deathsword - probably scum or needs replacement.  Hasn't shown up to vote.  Guessing it's scum.
8. Zrk2 - lean scummy-looking town.
9. Leafsnail - not sure--very low activity, but talking reasonably.  Third party?
10. Imperial Guardsman - noob.  Probably town, but that's a guess based on process of elimination; hoping we'll get more data on this guy as we go along.
11. Tiruin - lean town.
12. alamoes - same as IG.
13. zombie urist.  Obvscum.  Die, fucker.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 29, 2013, 02:01:28 pm »

Lastly (keep with me, sir), you do know that judging by your attitude, its partly a liability due to the idea that you've not done much in the terms of conventional scumhunting, right? I'm not all to familiar with how you do it, but I'm quite confused on why or how your brevity in posting helps at all. You've focused on only one person during the day during your first posts, what can you say about him in particular?

And to end, how productive do you think you've been in trying to help the town, given your words on being town?

I have found someone who I believe to be scum, however circumstances have forced me away from voting for them, which is unfortunate. As far as productivity goes I haven't been particularly useful, but then neither have I been particularly useless.
So you see it as a duel between you and ZU. Mhmm.

Then you say here...a very contradicting idea which I bolded. Why aren't you even speaking about that scumbuddy, Zrk2? Why aren't you voting for who you suspect, instead of a losing case of survival?

Because given the current vote structure it is highly unlikely he will be lynched. I could continue to vote for him and die myself, or I could vote for someone else and live. Besides all that ZU hasn't been very useful all game.

Detail how you have been "particularly" useful or useless, because its really annoying making sense of  how many suppositions and nebulous generalities you're putting up. I mean, you don't even poke at LS at all, despite what you said "in your reads" or of those who you do suspect.

Your argument of "I know I'm...ZU is..." doesn't persuade. WHile it does state what your opinion is, what is there to back it up? Doesn't even detail any effort in there.

Meaning: You do know you're going to die, and you give nothing else but a nigh-blank argument which leads...onto nothing, really. Suppose you do flip town, what will the rest of us gain from your info? Particularly useful doesn't seem like particularly useful to town, here. Or to your team, whatever it is (yeah I'm putting in a third party idea for the benefit of the doubt).

Your reads - I'm guessing they didn't change, left out ZU/freshman. What the h-...Look. Before that, you weren't poking at ZU. After that, you only chose to poke at ZU for the main reason that percentages will keep you alive.

Huh. I did, shit. Well then:

Freshman: Null.

ZU:: Hasn't shown up much, might be scum.

What will that gain if you live, seemingly nothing as you don't seem eager to give any other information but that at the current reason. Tbh, I'm really torn given your situation, but you're withholding information after every darn time I asked you of it. No "Where was your question" or "What were you talking about?" but declarative statements. One-ended ones :/

Speak now, or forever be condemned.

Which question in particular are you referring to?

Zrk2:
Reads? Okay. Let's see.
The Soldier: Leapt on my bandwagon and has been otherwise completely unremarkable. In fact the case presented against me applies to him to. Completely unremarkable. May be scum, or just new.
RE: "completely unremarkable","the case applies to him too": I have to agree. I feel like I've played D1 terribly so far, and resolve to play better from now on.
RE: "scum or just new": This is technically my first "real" game here, along with KotM. Please don't let my lack of experience influence your read on me; judge from what you see.

I might seem like a hardheaded idiot to you, but I'm not impossible to convince. Can you defend yourself from the accusations? Who is the biggest single scum candidate, in your mind? If you are indeed town, use your last moments to make a solid case against someone. It may just save you, and if it doesn't, the town can benefit from the knowledge that your case was sincere.

I still stand beside my case against Alamoes, and ZU has rarely posted, so he may be hiding something. Biggest scumtell? Hiding. Be that lurking, active lurking, bandwagoning, anything that helps one fly below the radar.

Now we sit back in a vote tie. I'd ask that everyone go back and consider the cases against me and ZU, and decide which one is more convincing, because I'd hate to waste a lynch. Speaking of which, ZU, where the hell have you been?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 29, 2013, 03:08:47 pm »

Starting a re-read. Might take some time.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 29, 2013, 03:16:39 pm »

I like how you found my "established meta" through one game. And by like, I mean don't like. Pressing someone this late in the day is a stupid idea, especially if his top choice is sooo close to being a lynch target. Stop making excuses for him.

Also I've been posting every day so I haven't been lurking.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 29, 2013, 03:22:20 pm »

I like how you've been useless as fuck all day and are telling me what's stupid and what isn't.  What, you're telling me your top choice is popular, so I shouldn't attack you?  Gee, THAT makes sense.

If you make an argument on your own meta, I get to dig up your meta.  That's how it works.  You've contradicted yourself and on top of that your every argument makes me want to turn you into a knife-pinata a little bit more, so let's just shuffle on and have you die, shall we?

Extend.  Let's remove this waste of space.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 29, 2013, 03:46:40 pm »

No I'm saying that NQT's top choice (me) is very close to being lynched, so it would be a natural choice to vote me. But he isn't.

You can dig up my meta, but you've only dug through one game.

Also why are you extending?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 29, 2013, 03:49:30 pm »

This post is typed as I go through the thread. Might contain redundant information.

Deathsword, who do you think the most scummy person is?
Can't say now as I just started to read the thread at this point. Should be clear later in this post.

However, Deathsword is also the only person not voting, and I don't think I've seen him in a while.  I would like your reads very much, Deathsword.
They'll be at the end of this post.

DS
Question: if you were town would you be more concerned about scum or third parties?
Scum. Scum can coordinate and plan with each other, while third parties are alone.

I could swear I answered this one.

Leafsnail
This is gambler's fallacy.  Well I guess reverse gambler's fallacy.  Either way someone's alignments in past games doesn't give any information about their alignment in the current game.
I'm not allowed to use fallacious reasoning on what is essentially an RVS vote while I get my bearings?
Really now.  I thought it was pretty obvious that I was voting Vector just to put my vote somewhere while I was reading the thread.
Why would you vote for the sake of voting? How does that help in finding scum?

Reads:

Town: Leafsnail (has some good points, especially on bandwagons)
Null: Everyone not mentioned
Slightly scummy: Vector (this "experiment" is a bit suspicious. I am willing to wait to see if you divulge the information on D2 or not), Ford (Defending alamoes. But defending people seems to be his thing, hence why only slightly), alamoes (could give some reasons for his votes), IG (gut feeleing)
Scummy:Zrk2 (Ignores entire posts directed to him, ignores parts of posts instead answering only the less substantial parts, saying "if you think I am scum, vote me" which looks like scum trying to look a martyr), ZU (Laconic, behaviour of his predecessor)

Are there hammers? If not I'll change my FoS on Zrk2 to a vote.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 29, 2013, 03:54:00 pm »

I'm extending because I want you to die, definitively, without scum moving shit around.  One game was enough.

As for my experiment, sometimes when you nail scum you can sort of see the rest of the scumteam reforming up in the background.  I've been townhunting for this past little bit, but now I've got some leads and can stop doing it.  All this, of course, works better when no one knows exactly what you're doing.

Dear Deathsword: please see above.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44