Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sanity Reigns [Game Over]  (Read 96666 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - The Cloister of Zodank, God of Madness [Day 1]
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2013, 11:17:52 pm »

Tiruin, that smells like a whole lot of rolefishing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2013, 11:20:26 pm »

Yeah....except the fact that roles = passive traits, mostly. Its the items that determine your actions here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2013, 11:35:50 pm »

Okay... well, first of all, I wouldn't play a thief, because the only folks worth stealing from are scum, and if I know who scum is then I might as well lynch them, not just steal from them.  So, anyway, if I had to play a thief, I'd find someone evil and take their stuff.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2013, 12:04:01 am »

Mmm...thief of words is an appropriate term with that wordplay, and it still rings correct...

Zrk2: Are you going to actively post now? Also, wielding a roleblock, do you think that alignment would factor in on who or when you'd use that - regardless of the fact that "if scum: know who's town"?

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2013, 12:27:42 am »

Let's do this.
Answers:
Tiruin: As town, I'd prefer paralysis to lock down scum without needing to guess their target. As scum, I'd like a protect unless there's a claimed killing or investigating role to block.

Deathsword: I learned that getting the flu really, really sucks. Also, that I can look very town.

Questions:

alamoes: How much mafia experience do you have? Do you feel confident about your chances of winning?

freshmaniscoolman: What item would you be most worried about scum having?

Hapah: What's the most dangerous third party, and what would you do to stop them?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2013, 04:23:19 am »

One of the adventurers gazed down reluctantly into the crypts.

"Th-they d-don't expect us to really go down there do they? It looks awfully unsanitary."

DS
Those roles aren't really relevant to this game mode given that we get our powers from items, but I'll humour you. Arsonists have a more fun power, worth the risk of being night-killed before you get a chance to ignite: I prefer more interesting, if uncertain, roles (like changeling and all the different kinds of goo).

Question: if you were town would you be more concerned about scum or third parties?

Vector
Oh I have learned so much from all the games I've played including the BMs. Before I guess I kind of assumed that I didn't have to try to look non-scummy when I was playing town, but now I see that a lot of the game is about showing to others why they should trust you. I guess that's what I'm trying to take forward with my gameplay.

Question: is your avatar a cake or a hat? It looks delicious. More seriously, what is the major difference between a scum-tell and newb-flailing? Are they easily distinguished?

Freshmaniscoolman
How would you characterise your scum hunting style?

Tiruin and Ford
I always play with you guys :D, how much do you foresee relying upon your knowledge of the meta of your fellow players?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2013, 05:10:50 am »

Tiruin and Ford
I always play with you guys :D, how much do you foresee relying upon your knowledge of the meta of your fellow players?
"Is that nobody can be trusted unless they can be trusted. Also, bring a tissue."

Which means no. While meta may be a persuasive factor, it depends when and where to use it. Situations like a causative basis would matter, perhaps. It all depends (but using meta solely as a case? Nup.)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Vector

Question: is your avatar a cake or a hat?
It's a masterfully done cake. Really nice looking ^^

Also, why're you asking about meta and all? How would that help you?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2013, 06:18:09 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2013, 06:34:47 am »

Urist Imiknorris: Why do you hate yourself?
Because I'm too damn lazy for my own good.

Imperial Guardsman: Did you know that going out of your way to not look scummy is itself scummy?

Tiruin:
Tiruin: Are you scum town?
Why yes, yes I am.
So you admit you're scum! I have you now!

NQT:
Those roles aren't really relevant to this game mode given that we get our powers from items, but I'll humour you. Arsonists have a more fun power, worth the risk of being night-killed before you get a chance to ignite: I prefer more interesting, if uncertain, roles (like changeling and all the different kinds of goo).
Ah, a fellow goo-lover.

Vector
Oh I have learned so much from all the games I've played including the BMs. Before I guess I kind of assumed that I didn't have to try to look non-scummy when I was playing town, but now I see that a lot of the game is about showing to others why they should trust you. I guess that's what I'm trying to take forward with my gameplay.
Which is more important: Showing how your target is scummy or showing how you're not?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2013, 06:56:47 am »

freshmaniscoolman: Have you eaten any brains lately?

No.

Freshmaniscoolman
How would you characterise your scum hunting style?

Pressure. :)

Any dangerous item. :)

Freshmaniscoolman: Mind if I shorten your name to "Fresh" for easier typing?
Let's say you've a protect - under what circumstances are you going to pick your target, and why?

I don't understand the question.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:59:20 am by Freshmaniscoolman »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2013, 06:59:22 am »

[quote] is not equal to [/quote]
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2013, 07:00:05 am »

Of course it isn't.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2013, 07:15:58 am »

« Last Edit: Today at 06:59:20 am by Freshmaniscoolman »

Oh hell no.

You do not edit your posts in this board.

Also, nice style of... answering questions. I guess.

What I mean is that if you had a protect-type item, and then those questions attached to it.

Any dangerous item. :)
Ahahahahahahaa, no.

I'm holding a staff of protect. LET ME HIT YOU ON THE HEAD WITH IT.

Also, how would you use pressure, and in what way are you giving it as your first post contains nothing but answers...and a really bad edit.

Seriously. Specify.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2013, 07:20:49 am »

Tiruin
"Is that nobody can be trusted unless they can be trusted. Also, bring a tissue."

Which means no. While meta may be a persuasive factor, it depends when and where to use it. Situations like a causative basis would matter, perhaps. It all depends (but using meta solely as a case? Nup.)
That sounds reasonable.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Also, why're you asking about meta and all? How would that help you?
The ideal for RVS questions is to lay down traps to catch scum later. If someone answers to the questions in one way, they can be tripped up if they then later act in a contrary way. For instance, if you later used meta as the sole basis for a case, then we'd be able to call you out even more for it. There are lots of things I could have asked you and will yet ask you, but 'meta' seemed a good topic given that we are both coming to have a good idea of how the other person plays.

Imperial Guardsman
I can understand your enthusiasm; never let the grumpy guts get you down. Let's say you had an item that allowed you to Inspect the alignment of another player. Let's say there's two players you have in mind: one, you think is town and you'd like to be able to trust; the other, you think is more likely to be scum. Who would you use the inspect on?

Urist Imiknorris
Ah, a fellow goo-lover.
All hail the Glorious Goo!

Which is more important: Showing how your target is scummy or showing how you're not?
Showing how your target is scummy is more important by far. If you don't have a good case against someone else, you don't really have a good case in your favour. The other town folk will always think, 'If not him, then who?' To be honest, I think showing how you're not scummy is best done by not being scummy and allowing the town to see this for themselves. If you try to shove your town-alignment down everyone's throat, they'll be more likely to push back and think you're scum regardless.

Incidentally, I know this is the RVS, but you do realise that you're the third person to 'randomly' vote me (with none of them unvoting). How many votes would I need on me in the RVS before I start throwing around accusations of bandwagoning?

Fresh
do you think it's better to pressure just one target at a time, or pursue multiple target simultaneously?

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2013, 08:06:10 am »

Yup, sorry, I edited because the format was messed up, plus I deleted a question that wasn't mine.

do you think it's better to pressure just one target at a time, or pursue multiple target simultaneously?

One target at a time

Also, how would you use pressure, and in what way are you giving it as your first post contains nothing but answers...and a really bad edit.

Answer is above. And, nothing is really being said to me but questions, so I have nothing to input.

What item would you be most worried about scum having?

Why do you care about that? Perhaps maybe you're asking me to get that specific item and worry me.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44