Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 455898 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The team follows Jim over to the Helmet thats floating around near what used to be a line of soldiers, but is now a grove of burning trees. On their way they see the skittish face running about but no sign of any other hard memories. That face seems to be very mobile, much more so then the other hard memories, which stay in roughly the same place, even if what that place contains changes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Although I don't like the way that face is running about, let's do this one first."

Jim goes for the helmet memory.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"It is currently the memory I suspect the most."

Gorat & Ghosts enters the memory.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Understood."

Enter the memory.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"dash and fire!"

Into the memory

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

As you wish.
Follow the team into the memory.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The team dives into the memory in the form of a helmet, again torn and squeezed through nothingness until they appear somewhere new.

The arc of vision in which the memory is taking place is singular, not like the mass of cameras from before. It illuminates what looks like the inside of a shuttle or some sort of transport; bucket seats affixed to dull metal walls, a cramped tomb filled with a dozen men in strange looking armor. It is simultaneously older looking then the MK's and yet more sturdy and armored, almost like the armored spacesuits of civilian salvage crews. One of the men looks different from the rest, his suit is a different color and his helmet is larger and thicker.

"...ake this bases out of prefabs. Done in less then an hour and then destroyed less then an hour after that."

"Slows them down more than the OB's."

"That's only because they stop to eat."

The man in the larger helmet and the one whose memory this is are talking to each other. The rest of the men seem to be talking to, but trying to listen seems impossible; their conversations are a haze of sound, as though they're underwater. Conversations not remembered as anything but background noise. 

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Remain an infinitesimally small mote of dust, completely invisible to naked eye (or become one once again if disguise was taken away as we entered the hard memory). Be in the arc of vision of the memory if I'm not in already. Keep watching.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim stays dust and just out of the arc of sight, to see if he can still see and hear things inside of it while not being in it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((IIRC, the arc of vision establishes the boundaries of the hard memory, SC.))

Make sure I am still dust first, then look for a spot inside the arc of vision and near the figures are where there is a concentration of dust or any other kind of dirt, get close to it and listen to the men's conversation.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

keep being dust, stay a while and listen

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Actually, I'd probably advise against leaving the arc of vision even if possible, as any objects that are 'in' the hard memory yet outside its 'official' boundaries would be overly suspicious. I could easily be wrong, however. ))
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:49:12 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(I'm aware, and I'm experimenting. Better to know, right?)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The team, save for Jim, stays within the arc of the man's vision, disguised as dust motes. Jim drifts beyond the arc and finds himself instantly plunged into darkness. There is nothing here, no sound, no light, nothing except a crushing feeling of being watched.

The vehicle, whatever it is, jerks to a stop and the man's vision turns to look at a hatch. It opens and the man, his helmeted friend and the rest of the soldiers pile out onto rough, broken stone. The vehicle, a shuttle not unlike the ones the team is used to dealing with, though clunkier and clearly older, has landed inside an outpost or base of sorts. It's little more then a series of metal walls and bunkers, all clearly prefab and just lowered into place and secured together. As the soldiers get off, other men get on, men dressed in more formal attire.

A man, clearly in charge judging by his attire, walks up to the disembarking solder's and screams over the roar of rockets as the shuttle takes off again.

"You're in C bunker!. Amps drive them toward the center so gunners can mow'em down. You left," He points at the man in the helmet, "You right, " He points at the one whose memory this is.

The cluster of soldiers, Amp user's in back, jog over to one of the half buried metal pillboxes and get into position. In the far distance, out toward the horizon in the direction the pillbox is facing, the world seems to be on fire. There is nothing but black smoke lit by an orange haze of fire.

"How long you think we got till they come?

"Dunno. Probably not long. Command staff was already evac'ing."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim exits the memory and waits for the rest of his team to finish watching and reappear.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 243