Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 455863 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I'm not sure. On the one hand, sticking together allows us all to discuss and analyze a memory if we think it's a problem one, but splitting up allows us to cover more ground. I'll put it to a vote. Which do you guys want to do?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"Since apparently speed isn't as important as discretion, I'd argue that we should stick together. That way, we can all get a first-hand impression of the memories and can make better decisions." Gorat offers his opinion. "Either way, I agree that this is unlikely to be a problematic memory. I was just surprised that we were looking from the perspective of a ship. I thought we'd get normal individuals. Finally, I'd say we should try whether we can get disguised as tiny motes of dust, before we enter more memories. That should be universal enough, and buy us time to get better disguises if necessary."

Try to disguise myself as a tiny mote of dust.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"That's a good idea, Gorat."

Jim also attempts to cloak himself in the guise of a smidgen of dust.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We should stay together. Splitting up is usually a bad idea with a group this small." Milno remarks, doing something that would be a furrowing of his brow were he not a conceptual cloud of existence. "I thought we would have limits for how big or how small we could be, but testing it is worth a shot."

Watch the testing for turning into dust. If it works, do the same.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

One of my concerns was that if one of groups is discovered, someone would still remain to finish the job - if that is possible with fewer than five people, of course. I do not object to staying together, however - it has certain advantages as well.
Appear as a tiny speck of dust.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"I agree with the whole staying together part, I mean, you guys watch horror movies right? Whenever they split up,bad shit happens. Just for future reference, though, -IF- we need to split up, I call dibs on Jim's team, just sayin'"

Watch the transformations in dust, then copy said transformations

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

(Does anyone mind if I Hide the Will rolls?)

The entire team vanishes, transforming themselves into infinitesimally small motes of dust. They drift silently as that mind of the ghost ship sifts through the memory they had just inhabited. It stops for a moment on the face in it's armor but pays it little mind and continues on. Eventually the soft memories return to their chaotic mess of half remembered instances. Seems they have avoided it's attention for now.

(I am gonna start updating this more often since once a day is kinda sad for something like this. Sorry if you guys are kinda bored so far.)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

(( It's not boring, it's just a bit less vigorous than usual.
Also, I'm fine with the Will rolls Hidden. ))
I'll check if other hard memories we found are still there.
Scout ahead for the earlier found hard memories and/or any new ones. Report their (un?)changed positions to the team.
In any case, follow the team into the next hard memory.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:10:04 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, next?"

Follow the team if Jim decides to join another memory.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim directs the team to the armored-face memory, since the ship seemed interested in it.

"The ship seemed interested in this one. Let's check it out next."

(I guess I'm fine with hiding them.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((Hiding them increases tension.  Didn't you hide failed will rolls in the second mission with Erik and friends?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jim directs the team to the armored-face memory, since the ship seemed interested in it.
((Actually, I think the ship noticed the fact there was a face on a piece of armor (Pancaek's transformation) in the memory we just visited.))
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Wasn't there a face in a helmet as a hard memory, though? I seem to remember that from earlier descriptions. If I misinterpreted the ghost ship, then my mistake, but we still need to go to another hard memory anyway and that one's as good as any other. :P)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((There was a head in a helmet with facial features clipping through each other in the original description of this place, yet the hard memory helmet Milno found was (presumably, no head inside specified) empty and drifting behind a line of faceless soldiers - wearers, I presume. ))
Past Sigs

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Do as the team does.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 243