Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 456049 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep watching, stay as dust.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Keep watching.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Make sure I'm still dust. Eavesdrop.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

stay dusty, keep listening

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The memory halts suddenly, stopping as though someone hit pause on a video. There is a feeling of overwhelming force crushing down on everything; as though the team has been suddenly and violently hurled into the deep ocean. Jim, still lost in the darkness and not even sure how to get back, struggles to tear himself free of the absolute nothingness he's trapped in. He manages to get back out to the soft memory but things are different. Through the mazes of twisted, half remembered events and images stalk new life, or what could pass as such. They are shadows, twitching lumps of living ink that drift through the soft memory like leukocytes through plasma, seeking out the foreign substance.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Withstand the crushing force; I'm but a simple mote of dust, after all.
No thoughts. No emotions. No senses. Plain and unadorned existence without even registering that.

((Well, duh. Freeze&pray, flee&hide or fight(&lose)?
Oh well - or maybe escape while not truly discovered and try to re-enter again. ))
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 07:47:57 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well, there wasn't a lack of warning about this.

@Nikitian: I don't know what's worse and right now we have little in the way of options, but I do remember something around the lines of the soft memories' chaos being safer when compared to the still nature of the hard ones. I will probably go with that, but I'll take some more time to think things through.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((My hope lies in that we are only suspects, while Jim, being on the run, is, unfortunately, discovered and hunted. I fear that us trying to escape the hard memory will just let those shadows loose on us as well; Jim is perhaps the most able to hide from them and/or try to fend them off, so if it is really possible, he has the most chances.
Still, it appears that currently he doesn't feel pressure on him, so maybe flight is the right way out of this situation. Too bad Maurice knows practically nothing about what is going on. ))
Past Sigs

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Well, I could try going back to another hard memory and being obvious that I'm there if you think it would get heat off of you. It's my mistake, so I ought to do something about it.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((I'm afraid that by the time you get there we'd either be fried, or spared, not to mention it pretty much being a death sentence for you. Don't worry about us, seek cover and hide while you can, and try to finish the mission even if we don't make it.
Being competent and completing the mission despite the odds will honour our deaths (if they actually happen) much more than any needless self-sacrifice. Godspeed, and let Pathmas, Steve and Saint Milno the Snark guide you throughout this ordeal!  ;) ))
Past Sigs

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(I'll just wallow in guilt then.)

Jim observes the changes in the soft memory and tries to see if there's any sort of pattern or sense of similarity between them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((Uh Oh...))

Act dusty. Be as passive as possible without giving up.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am naught but dust.
>Yes?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Stay dusty, think dusty thoughts, ascend to nirvana

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The pressure in the memory spikes and recedes randomly for a few moments before vanishing all together. The team, minus jim, breathes a collective, dusty sigh of relief.

Jim, on the other hand, is having a bad day. He sees no pattern to anything going on, other then that being near those lumps of...whatever the hell they are, is probably going to be a very bad thing. They're getting closer; skating over the ground silently and whipping out thin tendrils. They poke and puncture the memories, testing them as they pass.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 243