Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 61088 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar
« Reply #240 on: March 26, 2013, 03:14:24 pm »

Maybe we just find the source of the water curse, and destroy that?
We tried that.
We need worshipers NOW, and a promise of breaking the curse if they pray to us enough isn't too attractive.
Thus...
We make the Dark Cows or whatever, getting more power and a consistent supply thereof. Once we do that, we examine the curse and see if we can destroy it. End result: Happy village with a good source of wealth that also serves as a constant reminder of why they worship us, as opposed to an annoyed village with no further incentive to worship.

No.

1. We're a God of Shadows. It's unseemly for our creations to die when darkness comes.
2. Darkness is easier to find than light.
3. We're a god. Physics need not apply.
Hmm, good points. Apart from the third one, since it's probably harder work to go against the laws of physics than to follow them. Since we're just starting out, I'd say it's best to minimise workload, so we have a good supply in case of bad stuff. It's why we chose the cows, isn't it?
Mr. Ninja, it may be like that, but since we're a God of Darkness we have an edge at making dark-feeding creatures, like a God of Life would be better at making a photosynthetic one. Anyways, it's more flavorful and works better for us.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 26, 2013, 03:20:13 pm »

No.

1. We're a God of Shadows. It's unseemly for our creations to die when darkness comes.
2. Darkness is easier to find than light.
3. We're a god. Physics need not apply.
Hmm, good points. Apart from the third one, since it's probably harder work to go against the laws of physics than to follow them. Since we're just starting out, I'd say it's best to minimise workload, so we have a good supply in case of bad stuff. It's why we chose the cows, isn't it?
Mr. Ninja, it may be like that, but since we're a God of Darkness we have an edge at making dark-feeding creatures, like a God of Life would be better at making a photosynthetic one. Anyways, it's more flavorful and works better for us.

Before we make it, let's see if we can make it more efficient. If we let it absorb a very small amount of light, then the aura of shade created will give it a skin of slight shade to feed on. As it spends more time in sunlight, it produces more and more shade, making a spiral of light/shade-eating. And thus, by adding a simple feature, we have created PERPETUAL SHADOW-NOMMERS BY EXPLOITING A SIMPLE FLAW IN THE BREAKING OF LAWS OF PHYSICS.
And so, once you milk it, the shadow aura fades and you get a delicious drink of SHADEMILK.
MY EXPLOITATION POWERS KNOW NO BOUNDS. UNTIL IT'S TAUGHT THEM.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 26, 2013, 03:24:04 pm »

Let's make the darkness-feeding cow before making a darkness-and-light-feeding cow, m'kay?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 26, 2013, 03:26:10 pm »

Good plan. It's a short-term solution right now, so we can make it more efficient later.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 26, 2013, 08:28:13 pm »

nice story you all have so far :3

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 26, 2013, 09:44:16 pm »

Let's make the darkness-feeding cow before making a darkness-and-light-feeding cow, m'kay?
I can back this, if it works.  I wonder, can we make them 'photosynthesize' darkness, or are we constrained by the laws of biology/physics in that regard?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 26, 2013, 09:51:13 pm »

Umbrasynthesis:Making energy from shadow.  "Photo" means light...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 26, 2013, 10:20:45 pm »

I can back this, if it works.  I wonder, can we make them 'photosynthesize' darkness, or are we constrained by the laws of biology/physics in that regard?
We're modifying a creature that's already in its adult stage; we're obviously not too closely following them.
Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 26, 2013, 10:35:41 pm »

We're modifying a creature that's already in its adult stage; we're obviously not too closely following them.
It would actually be possible, we'd just have to use a retrovirus to go in and edit the genetic code in a manner that doesn't kill the cells, and do it fast enough that the body doesn't attack them.  Maybe also temporarily compromise the immune system.

Umbrasynthesis:Making energy from shadow.  "Photo" means light...
Hence the quotes
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 27, 2013, 07:44:44 am »

It would actually be possible, we'd just have to use a retrovirus to go in and edit the genetic code in a manner that doesn't kill the cells, and do it fast enough that the body doesn't attack them.  Maybe also temporarily compromise the immune system.
Genes aren't magic; we'd only be able to change the proteins the affected cells made. We wouldn't causue major changes in form or biochemistry, and no changes would occur for weeks or months. (Unless the subject died.)
Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2013, 06:30:07 pm »

Genes aren't magic; we'd only be able to change the proteins the affected cells made. We wouldn't causue major changes in form or biochemistry, and no changes would occur for weeks or months. (Unless the subject died.)
If we're at the stage where we can alter an organisms genes on the fly I'm sure we could find a way around something as inconvenient as death.

EDIT: Now as for an actual suggestion, once we have control over the town (muhahahaha), let's look for the old god's afterlife.  Last time we did that it went pretty well for us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2013, 07:09:51 pm »

If we're at the stage where we can alter an organisms genes on the fly I'm sure we could find a way around something as inconvenient as death.
If we can reverse death we don't need to worry about the laws of physics overmuch.

EDIT: Now as for an actual suggestion, once we have control over the town (muhahahaha), let's look for the old god's afterlife.  Last time we did that it went pretty well for us.
When did we (not Donut) do that?
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2013, 02:07:39 pm »

Alright, so Umbral Cattle. Anything else you want to do before I update?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 28, 2013, 02:39:27 pm »

Locate cow(s) to turn into Umbral Cattle?
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 28, 2013, 02:42:44 pm »

I assumed you were using the village's own herds.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 50