Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 61080 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar
« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2013, 02:45:11 pm »

Give our prophet a minor life boon? So he can encourage plants to grow without any water, by instilling life back into them?
Or maybe a darkness boon? Or maybe a force one...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2013, 02:49:13 pm »

I assumed you were using the village's own herds.
That should work.

Give our prophet a minor life boon? So he can encourage plants to grow without any water, by instilling life back into them?
No, that life boon is a good idea. Let's do it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 28, 2013, 03:05:25 pm »

In that case, I'll take the opportunity to explain boons.

Spoiler: Boons (click to show/hide)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 28, 2013, 03:30:52 pm »

I'm guessing the priest had a pretty strong soul if he was previously booned already.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 28, 2013, 06:33:44 pm »

That would be correct.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 28, 2013, 06:54:02 pm »

Onwards with the life boon!

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 02, 2013, 12:45:06 am »

He shall be a Sith lord.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 04, 2013, 08:28:27 am »

Bump?
LIFE BOON AGREEMENT REACHED!WITH DARKNESS CATTLE!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 04, 2013, 08:33:03 am »

Sorry guys, I've been busy setting up a Minecraft server. As compensation, have a nice big update.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:36:51 am by Remuthra »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 04, 2013, 09:58:17 am »

The village is able to grow food now, but there's nothing to water the crops with or drink. It's time to exercise the forces of creation!
First, you call upon your priest, Ericus. Greetings, my disciple. I have a task for you. Bring a cow to the center of town.
Yes, my lord. I shall have a cow brought to the village square.
A cow is brought out to the village square, where the villagers look on as you do your work. You begin by calling up your powers of Life and Darkness. You weave these elements together into a chrysalis around the cow. You pour mana into the creature, darknening the square. When you stop, a ten foot mass of black, accented with threads of green, sits on the village square. You call to Ericus, Take out your knife, and cut your wrist. Then let your lifeblood fall upon my work. (15) Wordlessly, Ericus draws the knife across his wrist, and lets himself bleed out onto the crysalis. The blood sinks beneath the surface. The villagers watch in silent horror as Ericus collapses. Then, a gasp rings out as the dying man begins to shine with a piercing green light. His body is raised on a bed of magical energies. The village watches then as green light pours into him. The light gradually fades to a faint glow. Then your conscious passes through him and, suddenly, Ericus' eyes open. He raises his head, his flesh knitting itself back together, and shouts Glory to Lorimre! He raises his hands, and twin tendrils of vines burst out of the ground, curling around him. As the light fades, he slowly falls to the ground. -20 mana. Major Nature Command Life Boon Acquired
Now, Ericus, place your hand on the chrysalis.
Eagerly, he reaches out and places his palm on the chrysalis of darknesss. (19 +1) The black veil withdraws from his touch, dissipating to reveal a massive quadrupedic creature standing in the center of the square. It has a jet black hide and stands over six feet tall. The light seems to bend and shift around it. It has a sleek carapace in place of a coat, and carries a pair of yak=like horns measuring almost a foot in span. Its eyes are pure green, in a dark, vibrant color reminiscent of pine needles. The creature bounds to the corner of the square where there is most light, moving with surprising speed for an animal of its bulk. -25 Mana.
This display converts a full twenty of the villagers. In addition, the whole village talks in awe of your power.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

You guys have great luck on rolls this turn.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 04, 2013, 11:17:33 am »

So, if it's going to the light corner, does that mean it feeds on light or darkness?

Wait until tomorrow to add the other diet to it, so they create shade for you to take a small amount of mana from.

Go around your followers, and ask them if there is anything else you can do right now.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 04, 2013, 11:42:00 am »

I'm guessing that the cattle is going to sleep? It is daytime, and produces when in shade.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 04, 2013, 11:47:53 am »

It feeds off of light. Feeding off of darkness would be much harder, because it would require converting darkness into mana, and then mana into nutrition.

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 04, 2013, 12:01:00 pm »

It feeds off of light. Feeding off of darkness would be much harder, because it would require converting darkness into mana, and then mana into nutrition.
So we can use nights for mana income?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 04, 2013, 12:06:28 pm »

So we can use nights for mana income?
If you set up the proper system, yes. The problem with night is that while it is a nexus of darkness, it is dispersed over the land. If you had some sort of collectors, you could probably use it for mana.

On that topic, the day will end soon, and you are nearly out of mana anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 50