Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: You are King: Chronicles of Nocte - IC Thread  (Read 18989 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King: Chronicles of Nocte - IC Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2013, 04:51:08 pm »

The Council

"Twas only an estimation, your grace. I shall do with my budget."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2013, 05:05:21 pm »

With the mercenary...

"You charge fairly steep, don't ya think? Tell you what, follow me to Caedan where we are being deployed and I will see you in action. Then we can talk money. Also, while it may seem like not the best idea, King is the only one who will afford you. No other lord will take you, and no other man will risk you for unproven talent. But I do see you are a competent man."

Raise 1 Heavy I PG for the king - 1d
Raise 1 Heavy I PG for Captain of the Kingsguard - 1d

Leave for Caedan with my PG, while leaving King's PG in the capital with him. Take the mercenary regiment with me if they agree.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2013, 05:24:39 pm »

"That is fine with me, I'll gather my men and set out to Caedan with you then."

Ramus nodded as he turned and walked out of the room, stopping he reared back and kicked the wall leaving a small gash in it before bending down and removing the small knife from the slit in the sole. Dropping the knife on the ground as he stood up Ramus spoke,

"From now you might want to have the guards be more careful shaking down those who enter, there are many a weapon a man can hide in unexpected places, a smart assassin would find it child's play to kill your King. Forgive any bounds I may have overstepped but lessons are best taught with an example, I will meet you at Caedan or somewhere between then Captain."

With that Ramus left, his captains forming a small box around him as they made their way out of the castle and into the city prior. Ramus thought as he made that short trip, 'And we march closer to war, I think I'ma need a good solid drink ...'

Head to Caedan with my men.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2013, 05:29:04 pm »

Araline had to put off any further plans with Logan while she dealt with this...problem.

It was always a calculated risk leaving her lands sparse in defense...

Raise 1 Archer I for self - 2d
Raise 1 Scout for self - 1.5 d

Araline leads the army to her land as logistics and defense coordinator, rallying her people to fight. She makes sure there are no delays!

The Council

Logan scowled at the diplomat requesting ten ducats.

Lady Araline, what do you need to expand infrastructure and for the rebuilding efforts. And to repair the damage in your lands?

Araline had nodded, listening.

"Until I can judge the severity of the problem, it is impossible to say. That being said, I would consider a loan of 2 ducats from the Kingdoms treasury to be useful for bringing aid to my people, whatever it may be."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:32:53 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2013, 05:39:02 pm »

The Council

Take them. And the two Regiments, i forgot that you are not in the position to travel Lord Inquisitor. Instead continue with the Mage Hunt. If you need a Regiment take the remaining one.

Logan pays 2 Ducats of loan to Lady Araline. He also sends 2 Regiments of Named Men (Heavy I,Tactician) with her
1 Regiment of Carls (Heavy I, Ambushers) will accompany the Captain of the Guard
the final Regiment will follow the orders of the Grand Inquisitor for the time being.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:57:32 pm by Ghazkull »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2013, 05:58:19 pm »

Araline met Logan once more, on the eave of the armies march. They had spent the previous night together, allying fear with the only real cure.

She was dressed in full battle armor before he even awoke that morning-distinctive in that it was not made of steel rings or scales , but rather some sort of mail that resembled overlapping leaves dipped in bronze-yet these were stronger than steel...it was amazingly light and well fitted, one of her many gifts from far off admirers. In truth, she did not know who sent it. But it wwas useful. This was fitted with a hawks head helmet, greaves, gloves and all other accoutrements. It was what she had worn in the war, and...

Araline had turned to the King when he came in, after viewing herself sideways in the mirror.

"...I suppose it was wishful thinking to have hope I would not need this for very long."

She attached her sword and shield to her belt-thankfully, rarely used.

Araline finally spoke in tones of confidence, comfortable at last.

"Anyway, who knows what we'll find out there. The reports are bad.

If it worse than I have figured, I won't be coming back. If I can't save my lands, I'll die in them, I suppose. You have no use for me if I cannot defend my own duchy.

So try not to worry too much, hmm?

It's not like we had the time to make much of anything permanent...that said, if this the last I speak to you, know that it was a pleasure to serve alongside you, Logan. A true pleasure."

She turned away then, back to the mirror, adjusting her padded shirt collar fussily. Araline didn't know what else to say.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2013, 06:12:09 pm »

Logan leaned against the doorway grinning at her and admiring her more than handsome backside. In the last days his constant frown had far too often been replaced with a stupid grin.

Always the optimist Aral. I'm sure four regiments will prove enough to drive whatever came out of the wood back into it.

he gave a lopsided grin, then he marched over and helped her adjust the armor and tightening some lose straps. He watched her face through the mirror before whispering into her ear.

Promise me to come back.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2013, 06:33:25 pm »

Valerian really disliked the fact that he was played up by the mercenary about that stupid knife, the fact that he still didn't know the castle layout and the fact that he was last to find out about king's night partner. As unpleasant as it sounded, being the captain of the guard meant invasion of the privacy on many accounts. This time it had to be no different.

As he casually observed the march of all troops out of capital form his horse and threw errant looks toward the duchesse and the king, he relayed some last orders to his lieutenants.

The remaining regiment is to get to know the castle. Maps are to be found, architects and engineers in the city are to be rounded up and set on securing and mapping the castle and the city  for defense and security. Also, new policy is instituted - proper disarming of all guests.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2013, 06:36:28 pm »

She quickly grew pleasantly flustered at his proximity and words. She chanced a small grin of her own-one she hadn't used in a few years.

"Of all the...silly...useless...illogical...

Very well. I promise you that I will return.

Note, I do so under duress, since we both full know I can guarantee nothing of the sort."
Araline finished adjusting the armor, her slim hands momentarily placed over Logans own scarred ones, a lopsided smile on her face.

It was good. This...was good.

There were ways to go to ones potential death, she supposed. Eternity in the afterlife that awaited might be bearable, if she remembered nothing but this.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2013, 06:41:25 pm »

That is enough for me.

grabbing her by her shoulders he slowly turned her around his face now very close to hers...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2013, 07:10:29 pm »

The Diplomat from Amius
Ah yes the Red King. The King you have been at war with since how long? Make no fool of me Diplomat you have come here for a reason and your urgency cries that you need something from us, speak true or leave i am no man for veiled words.
[1] A smile appears on the young man's face showing each of his jagged, broken teeth. "I mean what I say, when I say it. Lies do not suit me well. And," he pauses again, "I can be as slippery as I want, with a fratricider such as yourself."

"I'm sure Artag will enjoy having more of your border, good king. So I bid you a fond farewell and good luck in the coming war." and with that he turns to head out of the throne room.

**NATIONS**
Spoiler: Visil Dru (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Amius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arbe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Claine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Isris (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:04:53 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 20, 2013, 12:08:34 am »

That is enough for me.

grabbing her by her shoulders he slowly turned her around his face now very close to hers...

An intake of breath, a whiff of shared death.

Araline rode out at the head of the column a good hour later, riding out of the city.

As was her way, she was barking orders, making sure everything was in order.

"Quartermaster, slow the caravan one quarter for the next mile. This terrain likes to break wagon wheels, I recall. Inform me when our scouts arrive about the condition of the bridges ahead. I don't want to waste time backtracking.

...and you there, soldier-move back into line, you slug! We're not on a gory pleasure stroll! Are you going to limp back home and tell your wives and daughters you were crippled by your own general for being slaggards and layabouts? I didn't think so!

Yes, the Bitch is back, and it's time to march my cullies-left, right, left, right!"
She noted, as men scurried and hurried.

All in all, she was in a good mood today.

To say-while it was true she couldn't promise Logan anything...well, that didn't mean she wouldn't fight like Hell to see it through.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:10:15 am by Dwarmin »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2013, 03:13:05 pm »

-The Council-

"I am not certain I have the necessary resources to build a fort, Your Majesty, but I will do as you command for the rest. That's all I needed."

With that, he left.

Raise a PG, Cavalry / Heavy I regiment for the Inquisition.
Send an herald to the lands granted to the Inquisition. Look for a proper place to build headquarters for the organization.
Look for engineers willing to build a temple / fortress in the Inquisition's lands. Inquire about their price.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2013, 03:00:15 pm »

The Diplomat
Logan simply scowled.
Be lucky that you are under Guest's Right dear diplomat or your head would go right back to where you came from.

When the man was gone Logan turned to the Chronicler.

Go to Dru. Find out all you can about them and if possible form an alliance or Trade Connections.

Logan sends the Chronicler to Visil Dru, to find out all he can about them, and form a trade agreement or an alliance against Amius.

afterwards he set down with a pen, time to give that useless Duke of Ceadan some work to do.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:17:09 pm by Ghazkull »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2013, 11:16:41 pm »

"Yes, your grace. I shall set out as soon as I am able."

Korolle, with the speed of a particularly anxious hare, packed his essentials and rode out to the Empire of the Madman, as he had mentally termed it.

Once there, Korolle got down to business. It would not be prudent to immediately parley with their king; no, first it would be wise to speak with the commoners.

Cross into Visil Dru. Conduct a survey of the villages. Find out economic conditions, rumours and any particular issue that Korolle comes across. If questioned, simply say that I'm a Chronicler.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20