Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of place should we embark?

Evil as can be! (Unfortunately this may not be a viable option, as evil=irradiated)
- 3 (37.5%)
A wild forest.
- 2 (25%)
In the middle of a desert.
- 2 (25%)
Flat plain/shrubland.
- 1 (12.5%)
Jaggy hills/mountain.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: DF Fallout Mod: Amatorlaboro, Loverworks (FUN... FUN never changes.)  (Read 12523 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: DF Fallout Mod: Amatorlaboro, Loverworks (FUN... FUN never changes.)
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2013, 07:53:09 am »

By the way, Big James B likes computers, isn't it nice? So do you pick him, BJB? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
  • Veteran Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2013, 09:55:15 pm »

By the way, Big James B likes computers, isn't it nice? So do you pick him, BJB? :)

Sure, Computers, 15, likes Guns. TBH, the stats almost replicate myself irl - except the like of others company (atm I'm not too worried about that) and slow to anger (I am slow to anger, but I have little patience for stupidity). I'll take him then.
Oh, and I'm now in the process of changing service providers for internet so if you guys speed throguh your turns, I might not get mine in time. I estimate a week or two at the most so I believe there would be no problems, but you can never be sure...
I'll create a little...background when I get home for my "character" later.

Also, did you notice that Disacarde has recently talked to his spouse? Has anyone been watching him as he's out on "patrol"?
 :P
I think I am going crazy. I start to understand and actually follow Rumrusher along with his ideas...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2013, 11:51:26 pm »

No, he talked to her LATELY, it means before she died. He still remembers it.

I'm almost done with my turn, so unless my job screws my time up, I should upload a save today or tomorrow.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2013, 10:08:02 am »

Also, did you notice that Disacarde has recently talked to his spouse? Has anyone been watching him as he's out on "patrol"?
 :P

No, he talked to her LATELY, it means before she died. He still remembers it.

I'm almost done with my turn, so unless my job screws my time up, I should upload a save today or tomorrow.

Indeed, which I find quite tragic :P

Sure, Computers, 15, likes Guns. TBH, the stats almost replicate myself irl - except the like of others company (atm I'm not too worried about that) and slow to anger (I am slow to anger, but I have little patience for stupidity). I'll take him then.

Funny thing is, my significant other says the same thing about my character's personality. Go figure...
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2013, 12:42:01 pm »

Heh, I was actually taking care of food and drinks when the wanamingos attacked  :P
Glad to see you're taking care of busniess Deon, updating the OP now. Finally, the business in my life seems to be dying down.
Also, where were all those migrants when I needed them :'(
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:49:00 pm by Vayaviya Vayu »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2013, 07:12:25 am »

Okay, it's autumn and a few interesting things happened. I will work tonight again, and then post my turn progress and the save. Greasemunky should pick up the turn, I will warn him in advance.

P.S. Greasmunky was last active 02/03/13, so if he does not show up, it will be Glloyd's turn and we can let Greasemunky to play after him.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:14:42 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2013, 03:59:22 pm »

I'm here, no worries. When I get the file I'll get started right away.
And hey, fps rose from 4 to 12 from all the death.  That's good, right?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2013, 11:06:29 pm »

Alright, I will upload the save today and it's going to be your turn then.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2013, 09:25:29 am »

I'll get on it today.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2013, 03:15:47 pm »

May i take the kid?
If i can, just change the job description to "Student of Mining".
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2013, 06:52:25 pm »

I'll get on that as soon as I get the save

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2013, 01:08:52 am »

Yep, I've been busy with work so I need to finish the year, it's like 2-3 df months left. I will make you the kid, Aseaheru.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2013, 05:46:10 am »

I'm trying to make power armor to give strength boost, I think I've managed to do it. Anyone else experimenting with new DFHackv3 functions?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2013, 02:28:56 pm »

Thanks.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2013, 01:41:27 am »

Logs of underseer Deona, summer of the second year.

The child who called himself Aseaheru has locked our workshop's door this morning and did not open no matter how persuasive I tried to be. In the evening he emerged, and we saw... this.

It's definitely unique, but I am afraid about Aseaheru's mental state. A bone bed? It would suit wasteland cannibals well... Oh dear, at least he's happy now. I will let him sleep on this bed.

=============

This morning we've spotted a new threat. Apparently there's a group of bandits called "raiders" nearby, one of their lads tried to sneak in our trade depot.

But this is not everything... Those irradiated things, those mutants... ghouls. Apparently they can be civil and even persuasive! A bunch of them showed next to our door, driving wagons led by brahmin. I wanted to force them away, but their caravan leader promised that they won't cause any trouble and want to buy some of our pre-war tech and crafts, and that they offer meat, drinks and different tools. It's a good thing that our trade depot is outside of the main courtyard, I let them trade. It's not that bad, they talk slowly and correctly, something new after you are getting used to deals with barbaric wastelanders. I bet the trader I talked to used to be a professor or a scientist before the war. The trick is not to look them in the face.

We traded for a fair amount of food, cloth and different things.

What's important is that they've sold us a rifle! A cheap copper-cased old pre-war rifle, but they had plenty of ammo to go with it, so now Disarcade can have his fun as I promised.

======

By the way, Disarcade decided that he cannot sit in his ass inside of the vault or even behind the courtyard walls, he wants to go out and "kill those motherf*ers". One of the new arrivals is a former security chief of the destroyed vault, so he's our security chief now, name is Big James B. Disarcade did not object, he has formed his own "squad", he calls himself Ranger Captain and all those under him Rangers. He told us he's going to clear the whole area from hostile wildlife and mutants.

The problem is... everyone who arrived from that old vault, they all want to be security officers under Big James B command. I can understand them, nobody wants to go outside and die a terrible death, it's much safer inside the walls. So Big James B has a few people outfitted in armor, they all carry riot shields and we've managed to arm almost everyone.

Disarcade stands on the wall all day angrily, taking potshots at vultures. At least we have a lot of bird for soup now.

=====

I've reorganized the labor quite a bit. We have engineers (architects/miners/masons/mechanics), scavengers (woodcutters/scavengers), patrons (dedicated planters/farmers), doctors (3 already), crafters (all crafting skills), woodworkers (carpenters/bowyers), officers (haulers when off duty) and couriers (dedicated haulers).

I've also appointed a new person into a position of Amentities Officer. He's going to look after documentations (librarian) and trading (broker). I'll keep my underseer position and will continue to manage labor (manager).

=====

This morning one of new people has crafted a very beautiful sandal. When I asked "where's the pair", she answered "there's none, it's art!"
I guess we can make a small art gallery or something, I just need to order some glass display cases created.

It shows the foundation of our home, how lovely...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11