Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210831 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1545 on: October 28, 2014, 03:22:09 am »

Previously Tiger was easily penetrated by T-34. Now they've made it more realistic and make Tiger really tough to penetrate. Personally I like it. USSR tanks always had the upper hand but now the game is more balanced.

On a sidenote, anyone interested in Simulation Battle squad? I'm up to T-44, IS-1 in USSR tree and Panther A, Tiger II (P) in German tree. Sadly not enough creds to buy other vehicles I've unlocked. :c
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: October 28, 2014, 07:54:42 am »

BronzePickle, the 57mm ZiS-4 actually penetrated armour far better than the larger caliber 76mm cannons the Soviets had. You shouldn't be surprised if a T-34-57 shoots right through your driver's hatch and knocks out your crew. My brother actually took down a Tiger the other day with his ZiS-30 while we were driving in a squad.
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 29, 2014, 02:12:54 am »

^ True dat. T-34-57 was specifically developed to counter Tiger.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 29, 2014, 05:24:34 am »

I'm aware that the 57mm was an excellent armor penetrator. It uses thin, high-velocity shells after all. Frankly, I'm convinced it's one of the best weapons among the tanks because of how easy it is to aim and its resulting accuracy.

It's just a bit frustrating to get killed by one since the platform it's on is fairly easy to take down. Or at least it used to be, I don't think I've played in several patches because of not being able to get into games.
Nothing important here, move along.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: October 29, 2014, 10:30:02 am »

I'm about one more Tiger-filled match away from uninstalling WT and sending Gaijin a big ol' "Хуй тебе!" so they'll nuke my account.

GF matchmaking is completely broken. My low tier II Soviet tanks get one-shotted by Tigers from halfway across the map. If I do manage to sneak up on them, my shells just bounce off.

When I play with my low tier II German tanks, I get one-shotted by Tier III T-34 variants, or even worse by fucking rusted-out T-50s and T-28s.

I refuse to believe that I am *that* bad at this game. And if I am, then obviously I need to find a new game. Maybe I'll go back to something less rage-inducing like League of Legends.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: October 29, 2014, 11:05:49 am »

Tier II German tanks have complete shit for armor except for the front of the StuG, and even then it has some notable weak spots. You do not engage Russians in a fair fight ever. You find a solid piece of land and you hide behind it and pop out, armor angled, to to take shots, or you engage from several kilometers away, where their shorter guns cannot accurately hit you and their longer but weaker guns cannot pen your armor. Knowing where and how to hit the tank you're shooting at is paramount, too, even a T-26 can beat a PzIV if the PzIV isn't a good enough shot.

I have outright won games despite being outnumbered 6-to-1 and bum-rushed because I knew how to use cover to my advantage. A solid rock is your best friend always, having several close together basically turns you into a nearly unassailable fortress.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 29, 2014, 06:53:16 pm »

here's my secret: don't play gf. planes r better.

Being serious, Bronzepickle's advice is very awesome, and correct.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 06:55:39 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: October 29, 2014, 09:31:48 pm »

One-shotted 12 seconds into a match. TWELVE FUCKING SECONDS.

RIP War Thunder. 569 hours played, you will not see 570. I've had it with this bullshit.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: October 30, 2014, 02:21:49 am »

RIP War Thunder. 569 hours played, you will not see 570. I've had it with this bullshit.

If I offer you my comradeship, will you return? I'm up to Tier 4 in USSR and German trees.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 30, 2014, 04:41:43 am »

...Fly planes ? At least if people sneak up on you you have nothing to blame but your own lack of spatial awareness (and it quickly), and there's less 1HKO bullshit.

There are some place that are sources of rage, most notably Yaks/Cobras/Ishaks/Chaikas, but if you avoid them it should be fine.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:44:42 am by Naryar »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: October 30, 2014, 09:07:15 am »

Cannondudes are only occasionally a source of rage in RB.  You'll still occasionally get popped from a kilometer away by a 37mm which will usually instantly kill you whatever you're flying (Hooray for mouse-aim!) but it's rare.

Really I think your best option is to stop playing War Thunder.  It's one of those games where the majority of people don't actually seem to enjoy playing.

It's a harsh mistress.  Most of the time it's whipping you and slapping you and calling you scum but the occasional rewards are good enough eventually you start to like the whipping and slapping.
Shoes...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: October 30, 2014, 09:21:06 am »

I think the real "problem" is that match making doesnt take skill into account, so yeah my tier 3 plane is fighting other tier 3 planes but matches are most of the times won or not by how the team plays, got a bunch of people flying low with red smoke getting AAA kills becouse they cant do better? You lost. More players on your team climbed and acted reasonably, you won.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: October 30, 2014, 09:23:39 am »

The matchmaker does account for skill somewhat, by increasing or decreasing your personal BR by 0.3.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: October 30, 2014, 11:19:31 pm »

I've found that I've been having better luck, myself, with the Focke-Wulf 190, though I've only reached the A-4 so far. It just seems to be an incredibly good plane, it climbs better than almost anything else and holds good energy. Where I end up getting shot down quite easily in most of my American planes, I actually get a fair number of kills in the FW.

I'm still angry at the British guns, though. 7mm guns should not be able to rip off wings with a quarter-second burst, even if there are 8 or even 12 of them.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: October 30, 2014, 11:32:52 pm »

Really?  The 190 actually isn't a great climber all things considered, but it makes up for it with extreme speed and energy retention in dives and extends and shit.  It also has a very good roll which makes it a bit more forgiving in BnZ than something like a Thunderbolt which hemorrhages energy if you try to turn in a bounce.  Its wings are very sensitive though, almost any damage to your wings will make your plane unflyable in combat.

If the A-4 is the one I'm thinking of yeah, it's pretty fun.  It gets worse as you go because German players tend to be better at the game and drive BRs up until you're completely outclassed when it comes to actual plane specs.  I think the A-4 can actually occasionally fight bearcats.  I know it can fight mustangs.

That's a German problem in general though, not just the Fw 190. 

The Bf 109 is lighter and climbs way better but doesn't have the insane speed tolerance of the 190.  I think it can actually be better than the 190 if you're good at it.  The early ones have fucking horrible armament but it's very good at the slow murder game and doesn't need big guns.  Stay out-of-plane, use tracer belts for visibility, and use uncommitted vertical feints with bursts of fire (More to scare him into rash action than actually do damage) to force him to break and dive, bleeding speed and altitude until he crashes.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 163