Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210784 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1530 on: October 12, 2014, 05:24:58 am »

On a side note, they nerfed the H6K4. No longer does this proud warrior thunder through enemy formations at 700 km/h with burning engines, before stopping on a dime on the runway.

Wait, isn't the H6K4 a flying boat?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: October 12, 2014, 06:01:41 am »

On a side note, they nerfed the H6K4. No longer does this proud warrior thunder through enemy formations at 700 km/h with burning engines, before stopping on a dime on the runway.

Yeah, H6K4 is no longer the bullet sponge it was.

To be honest it was the B17 of tier 1, more than one on a tier 1 only match => it wins.

But n00bs have been complaining about it being OP (which it kinda was, or at least undertiered, to be honest), so Gaijin has nerfed it. But no nerfing of the Chaikas or Ishaks, no sir !

Wait, isn't the H6K4 a flying boat?

Yes it is. Half the fun of this plane was trolling Domination matches by belly-landing on runaways (the other half was flying around at low alt, having a conga line of biplanes on your six and getting out the rear gunner), but no more.

Now it explodes just like other planes after getting set on fire.

I haven't tested it out much in 1.43 though. Considering fire seems to be less gamebreaking than in late 1.41, maybe I should get it out of the hangar.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 06:07:27 am by Naryar »

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: October 14, 2014, 07:07:22 pm »

So RB on Tanks, it was not a good game, but the amount of achivements i got is ridiculous.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: October 15, 2014, 12:56:56 am »

Went into an 8v8 RB tank match as Russian, Tier II. My whole team was Tier II.

Enemy team fields three Panzer VI Tigers right off the go.

GG....fuck you Gaijin and your broke-ass matchmaking! Russian bias my ass....

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: October 15, 2014, 08:35:51 am »

There's just not enough people playing tanks at any given time. Which is sad, because the matchmaker can't handle it, so stupid shit like that happens. It sucks for everyone, because both Germany and Russia end up having to deal with both sides of the coin.
Nothing important here, move along.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: October 15, 2014, 09:25:05 am »

Yeah, the matchmaker knows that getting you into any game is better than infinite queuing you, like how it was in CSGO on launch. But the problem is, it's still annoying, and you still need to repair those tanks afterwards.

((although repair costs honestly aren't that bad these days, what with the gigantic amount of lions you get from a few low level air battles.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: October 15, 2014, 06:19:34 pm »

I still havent experienced broken matchmaking, are you sure you dont have a tier 3 plane or something on the line up?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: October 21, 2014, 10:55:08 am »

I still havent experienced broken matchmaking, are you sure you dont have a tier 3 plane or something on the line up?
I think I know how to count my own vehicles, thank you. :P

Actually, I had four Tier II tanks (T-34 1941, KV-1 ZiS-5, 72-K GaZ MM, SU-122) and a T-70 (Tier I). I didn't see anyone else on my side field anything but Tier II's, and pretty much nobody fielded a second vehicle because we were massacred.

And it just happened again a few minutes ago.
Panzer VI Tiger vs. ANY Soviet Tier II == GG, ya govoryu po-nemetskiy seychas...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:56:59 am by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: October 21, 2014, 11:11:19 am »

I've been driving my T-34 1942 and KV-1 L-11 recently and all I see are unstoppable hordes of Panzer IIIs and Panzer IV ausführung F2's
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: October 21, 2014, 11:12:23 am »

Probably players deliberatly abusing the matchmaker mechanic.

IIRC, the Tiger is BR 5.7. Add to that just 2 BR 1.0 tanks and you get a final BR of just 3.35, which will easily box you in with lower tier 1.

(5.7+ (1+1)/2)/2

Not that it normally isn't possible...

I've been driving my T-34 1942 and KV-1 L-11 recently and all I see are unstoppable hordes of Panzer IIIs and Panzer IV ausführung F2's
I don't consider those unstoppable really.

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: October 21, 2014, 11:18:20 am »

Eh, not really unstoppable but sometimes they can penetrate my KV-1's heavy frontal armour from rather silly angles and I find it infuriating, considering what Wikipedia has to say about the KwK 39 mounted on the Panzer III's.
I've been having pretty good matches with the T-34 and the KV-1, though. Driving with a couple of buddies makes Ground Forces an immensely more enjoyable experience.
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: October 21, 2014, 11:56:29 am »

I thought the recent update text mentioned something about matchmaking being based off the highest vehicle in your lineup rather than an average?

I've been having some infuriating strings of luck lately, what with getting one-shotted early on and having to end the match because I don't enough points to respawn. Of course, I've been starting off in a T-80 quite a bit, so I'm bringing it on myself.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 12:40:48 pm by RedKing »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: October 21, 2014, 12:18:32 pm »

its an average for squads, so if one guy selects a tiger and the other two grab reserve panzer twos...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: October 27, 2014, 05:03:57 pm »

Fuck Tigers and fuck the people who drive them. Getting so damn tired of getting one-shotted.

And when I manage to actually close with a Tiger while he's busy one-shotting the rest of my team?

"lolnope, ve laugh at your puny little Soviet popguns"

Anything short of a KV-2 or SU-152 might as well just J out because your shells ain't doing shit.

I still don't understand how enemies are able to zero in perfectly on my position with their first shot, while I'm in motion. Whereas I have to fire a few to bracket in the appropriate range, and that's from a standstill. Are aimbots that prevalent??

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: October 28, 2014, 01:19:13 am »

As a person who has been in a Tiger, I have no idea who the hell you're going up against, but I can tell you that it's not actually that fun for us, either. The 88 is a damn good gun, but the rest of the tank is only barely better than a PzIV because of its armor. And that armor will not protect you against 85s. Hell, I've even had 57s kill me. And god forbid you face off against anything with a howitzer and don't pen your first shot, because it's rare you see a driver of those that isn't either aimbotting or a master shot who's willing to take their time and line you up.

I think one of the biggest problems is Gaijin's hit and damage detection system is absolutely terrible at doing its job. They've been tampering with it for the last 20 patches and they still can't get it right. Poor sods probably have some kind of programming curse... or it's just beta being beta. Or possibly a bit of both, really.
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 163