Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210652 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #960 on: February 19, 2014, 06:43:57 am »

Didn't the Shrage Musik fire automatically?

There were variants with photosensitive triggers (ie, the bomber occluding the light would trigger them) but those weren't reliable I think, besides, if you went trought the effort of aligning the damn thing you might aswell fire it yourself.

Edit:

And I really hate the matchmaking sometimes. I have 4 T1 and one T2 American plane, and for some reason it's okay for me to face fucking T3 monsters which pop me with a freaking glance. Not funny game, not funny at all.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 04:17:17 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 23, 2014, 02:36:42 am »

So I take it nobody knows?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 23, 2014, 04:04:59 am »

So I take it nobody knows?
Nobody knows. Probably the update after 1.39.

And I really hate the matchmaking sometimes. I have 4 T1 and one T2 American plane, and for some reason it's okay for me to face fucking T3 monsters which pop me with a freaking glance. Not funny game, not funny at all.
You do know how the matchmaking works right. I takes your highest ranking plane, and your highest BR. Then it matches you into a game with max 1.7 BR and 1 tier difference. So really, it doesn't matter if you take 4 T1's, the T2 plane is all that counts. The others simply get ignored. So don't bring any next tier planes into your lineup before you can make an entire lineup out of that tier.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 23, 2014, 06:13:10 am »

Edit:

Lol peashooters. The SBD-1 can't turn for shit either.

Also, it's not exactly bad, it forces you to be careful. Sure there are some OP planes, but you can beat them if you are higher than them.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 23, 2014, 06:19:18 am »

Edit:

Lol peashooters. The SBD-1 can't turn for shit either.

Also, it's not exactly bad, it forces you to be careful. Sure there are some OP planes, but you can beat them if you are higher than them.

I love getting the balancer award at the end of a match it makes me feel proud to know that I smote planes higher tier than me.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 23, 2014, 07:35:05 am »

Yeah, I don't have a problem facing planes a tier higher, rather used to that, but disregarding the minimum tier is freaking stupid.

But anyways, the Curling event is pretty damn fun and lucrative, got my La-5 trough it, and my Dauntless. Also had an awesome run with the IL-2, blasting shit left and right, then turning to eviscerate any poor sod who came near me.

Also got an Unguided achievment yesterday. Was flying the Pe-3 and I got onto the tail of a bigass bomber (think it was a Wellington or somesuch), since the bugger was flying straight I thought I'd give it a shot and fired a barrage of rockets. The explosion was rather pretty :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 17, 2014, 07:52:08 am »

Anyone think we should do screenshot competitions for warthunder?

Also, any updates on ground forces? I don't feel like going to the warthunder forum and looking at the dev diaries.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 17, 2014, 09:06:46 am »

IIRC Ground Forces is in closed beta now, and the game has built in screenshots with PrtSc.

Also, now that we've brought this thread back I thought I would post this.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 17, 2014, 12:02:43 pm »

Wow, I need a Wellington now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 17, 2014, 03:00:44 pm »

They're not really that good actually. Normally a single of those bursts will take of a wing.

Eduardo X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 17, 2014, 05:15:10 pm »

IIRC Ground Forces is in closed beta now, and the game has built in screenshots with PrtSc.

That's awesome! My favorite thing in game, so far, was bombing a plane that had just landed under me in an airfield capture mission. It may have even still been in the air. This was also right after I shot a landing plane down with my Dauntless, so 2 kills in a few seconds was a good record for me.

I am still trying to decide which nation I like best. I like level bombing, but also like turn-fighting. I'm good at the former, terrible at the latter. I think if I had better planes, I'd be a better turn-fighter, though. Who has good turn-fighters? Japan and Britain?

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 18, 2014, 01:13:27 am »

I think its Japan and Britain

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 18, 2014, 03:27:47 am »

Downloading this to check it out.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 18, 2014, 04:57:34 am »

That's awesome! My favorite thing in game, so far, was bombing a plane that had just landed under me in an airfield capture mission. It may have even still been in the air. This was also right after I shot a landing plane down with my Dauntless, so 2 kills in a few seconds was a good record for me.

I am still trying to decide which nation I like best. I like level bombing, but also like turn-fighting. I'm good at the former, terrible at the latter. I think if I had better planes, I'd be a better turn-fighter, though. Who has good turn-fighters? Japan and Britain?

Britain. Brit fighters are generally OP. Or their Spitfires (turn on a dime) and Beufighters (Heavy figters with heavy fighter weaponry that turn like normal fighters).
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 18, 2014, 10:33:40 am »

Beware: Japanese high-tier bombers are still absolute crap. However, their fighters are the most maneuverable in the game, even if the Mitsubishi A6M2 "Zero" will fall apart if someone just goes so far as looks at it.

The British tech tree is very well fleshed out, and is great for turn fighting and level bombing. Go Americans if you want the Flying Fortress that certainly lives up to its name; it just never dies, no matter how much shit gets fired at it. Germans and higher-tier Americans for Boom n' Zoom style fighting, and Russians are Russians. Built with the finest Stalinwood, coated with the blood, sweat, and blood of Red Army patriot comrades!
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 163