Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210635 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #945 on: February 11, 2014, 12:38:15 pm »

Ki45 otsu... so much rape  :o

It's borderline overpowered, and doesn't die to small gun fire, however takes fire and it's pretty dead.

Turns very well for a heavy fighter, rape weapons, quite fast, decent climb, and it's tough. Only problems is somewhat fragile and very low ammo count.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 17, 2014, 07:52:23 am »

Played some Battle of Stalingrad event as Russians and felt a bit annoyed at how outclassed the Russians are. I know this is realistic and what actually happened, but when most of my team is I-153s and BB-1s who are goinjg up against Bf-109 Fs, it is just a massacre.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 17, 2014, 08:43:37 am »

It's usually the other way around, although it'd be nice if it were someone else besides the Germans who got to beat the Russians up once and a while.

No sympathy here, even though I like Russian planes myself.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 17, 2014, 11:06:30 am »

BB-1 is a fine plane, LaGG is alright and Chaikas are hilarious.

No love lost for all these UFO La's and the grossly OP Yak9T's and Yak9k's. Dunno about I185 but i hear it's pretty OP as well.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 17, 2014, 11:26:25 am »

BB-1 is a fine plane, LaGG is alright and Chaikas are hilarious.

No love lost for all these UFO La's and the grossly OP Yak9T's and Yak9k's. Dunno about I185 but i hear it's pretty OP as well.

I don't remember the exact planes that were allowed, but I'm pretty sure the russian planes were all lower tier than the german ones. We didn't have a single Yak (at least not in the matches I was in) and I think the strongest Russian planein the games I was in were Mig-3s.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: February 17, 2014, 12:52:08 pm »

That's because the early Russian airforce was a joke. Literally. It was SO BAD. Then they upgraded and started sticking bigger and bigger guns on their planes. And eventually it got to their point where they upgraded one shitty plane to be awesome, and started mixing them in their flights, and the German pilots were just outright given orders to stay the fuck away from those planes because they didn't want to lose more planes to them.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 17, 2014, 01:43:17 pm »

I know that this is really how the battles went (and given that this is historical, it makes sense that they would do this) but there doesn't seem to be much of a point for playing as Russians in this mission. You have no chance of winning and will likely get shot down before you can even get a critical hit. Even if you fly with wingmen, one BF-109 F can shred all three of you in a matter of seconds.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 17, 2014, 02:51:26 pm »

Then don't play the event. That's been a problem with most of the events so far. They're based historically, and the truth of the matter is that it was a rare fight where both sides were evenly matched.

One of the basic takeaways from Sun Tzu's teachings is that you want to avoid battles where both sides are equal, as they will be costly. You attack where the enemy is weak.

Or as John Steinbeck is attributed as so eloquently putting it, "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

They try to base the events around history, but history is rarely set up to be fair for obvious reasons. When they try to make it fair, people complain that it was ahistorical. Gaijin can't really win here, so it doesn't surprise me that they have started to turn towards these "fun" events, such as the float plane event from a few weeks ago and the more recent olympic themed events. If you want more fair(not completely, mind you, you'll never get that.) then just stop playing events and go with the normal matchmaking.  I find one of the problems with events is that even when they're setup to be fair sometimes it's hard for the MM to find enough players to stick together into fair games, so people end up in skewed games, simply because of a lack of players.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 18, 2014, 02:27:25 pm »

Anyway, dev diary for the next update is out.

Not that much features, except that multi-cannon caliber control is going to be a possibility, and several fighters are going to get a new type of dedicated anti bomber weaponry. (Upward firing cannons)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 18, 2014, 06:20:53 pm »

Schräge Musik... Not so sure, I mean it's gonna be a pain to aim.

Also, needs some FM, overheating, DM and matchmaking fixes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 18, 2014, 07:43:25 pm »

Atleast it's better than trying to climb up there for five minutes only to have the bomber dive and suicide or get killed by someone else :C

Also my new love are the US dakkaplanes. Seriously, 6 machineguns are amazing at setting EVERYTHING on fire, incredibly fun to hunt bombers and simply burn them down without doing much damage to the fuselage :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 18, 2014, 08:09:59 pm »

What Schräge Musik MAY be good at would be simply a possible counter to enemy BnZ'ers. Lift plane a bit, wait for them to BnZ at you, fire.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 18, 2014, 08:25:47 pm »

I think i'll stick to my 50 mm ME410 and "screw you i have 6 guns fireing at you" ME410 for bomber busting.
Those things just tear bombers apart in a matter of seconds.
Heck i even sniped a B-25 once from 1.2 km away with one 50 mm shell.

I also noticed thet one of the russian tier 2 ŁAGGs has a whooping 30.7m/s climbrate and sports 2 20 mm cannons... that's pretty good for hunting high alt bombers even in the weapons aren't going to tear them apart in seconds.

Also te Mig-3 has a nice turntime of about 16 seconds... somewhat good for a russian... better than most germans anyway.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 19, 2014, 05:26:38 am »

Didn't the Shrage Musik fire automatically?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 19, 2014, 05:42:10 am »

Does anyone know a rough release date for the ground forces?
I am not really interested in the air to air combat and I only keep WT updated in case ground forces finally get released.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 163