Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1518 1519 [1520] 1521 1522 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126556 times)

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22785 on: August 10, 2015, 08:25:45 am »

Yeaaaahhhh... Honestly I feel we should just move to high rp at this point if we want to have people care about the lore/not powergame at all. High RP without the cancer inducing bits(snowflakes, meing out fights, etc.) I feel would be work out fairly well with our community.

That'd work, but a fair amount (read: most regulars) are against highRP. Glloyd prefers not getting assblasted over things highrp would, etc.

To be honest we should just start saying we're highrp, but not actually change anything. Newcomers will come expecting highrp, not whatever the fuck medium rp is, and lowRP friends won't come expecting /tg/ antics and funtimes. I'll be able to get away with more bans-I mean nothing. It'll be a slow but gradual change.

also

>without the snowflakes

2late4that bro. <3
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:32:54 am by Aedel »
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22786 on: August 10, 2015, 10:25:20 am »

Yeah, we're a far cry from Para, but nevertheless...

It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22787 on: August 10, 2015, 10:46:21 am »

I understand, I remember back in the day when my character would just sit and hang out with Axl, Hector, and Daniel.. It was almost like watching a show where the characters were actual people. It seems a lot looser than it used to be. I don't really see it as a bad thing though, just a different thing.
Yeah, I liked being able to get in on that kind of thing. Like you said, now is different. I wouldn't call it just "more casual" but "focused on self mostly." and I agree that, in some ways it's "just different," but it's different in a way I am less capable off playing and is less interesting for me anyway.

Honestly I want to RP more but I'm incredibly nervous when actually playing Dany as how she's meant to be, so I usually make him comedically aggressive.
I don't know how Dany is 'meant' to be. But the few people I've seen where they or others claim that they are consistently rp'd, they are rp'd as quite aggressive. or a few, it works well enough. for most, it just comes off as power trippin. I think I'd put you in the first category :P

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22788 on: August 10, 2015, 01:12:07 pm »

For all the talk of 'how things used to be'...

They weren't. Ever. I distinctly remember someone commenting about how 90% of characters were stereotypical, one-dimensional cutouts in the first 100 pages of the thread or so.

Granted - you can make an argument that it was an improvement over zero-dimensional characters some newfriends play that amount to player avatars, but still... a major difference was that even for the lamest of characters, they were characters played by forumites, so you could have a casual chat with 'em or bitch 'em out in the thread, so those characters were at least somewhat personable at any rate.

Aside from a couple notable exceptions, a number of newcomers are either cancer, whose established characters are fucking awful, or ephemera of little depth and occasionally cluelessness (I swear, the arrivals shuttle is a brilliant filter - if you cannot figure it out alone nor will ask someone what to do, you're right out). That said, it is true that there is very few situations where I see people talk about themselves to each other, which is a thing that more or less subliminally forces character development.

To be honest, claiming to be HRP might as well just change the flavor of bad we get from bald thirty year old assistant to rainbow-haired half-Xenomorph hybrids that are Spess Nam decorated veterans at 17 and the youngest Captain and NT's CEO personal assistant.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22789 on: August 10, 2015, 01:20:02 pm »

To be honest, claiming to be HRP might as well just change the flavor of bad we get from bald thirty year old assistant to rainbow-haired half-Xenomorph hybrids that are Spess Nam decorated veterans at 17 and the youngest Captain and NT's CEO personal assistant.

Soooo, we just ban that shit? It's not rocket science.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22790 on: August 10, 2015, 01:33:57 pm »

Soooo, we just ban that shit? It's not rocket science.
We didn't ban shit we have now, so I see little grounds for claims we'll start then. Especially since it's harder to spot at a glance - I've been hyperbolizing for effect.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22791 on: August 10, 2015, 01:38:09 pm »

Never claimed the game was perfect before. More like, as you said: a step above the nondimensional and ephemeral of today. I distinctly remember being a whiny jackass back then, just as I am today, so at least one player hasn't changed much ...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22792 on: August 10, 2015, 04:07:04 pm »

For all the talk of 'how things used to be'...

They weren't. Ever. I distinctly remember someone commenting about how 90% of characters were stereotypical, one-dimensional cutouts in the first 100 pages of the thread or so.

RIP BD.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22793 on: August 10, 2015, 04:24:16 pm »

Jesus christ, how is this still going?

Over a year ago.

;~;7

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22794 on: August 10, 2015, 04:26:25 pm »

BD was the best fucking admin this server ever graced

Truth.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22795 on: August 10, 2015, 04:59:01 pm »

Blegh. Apologies for my spiel earlier about RP and not liking NT. Was sleep deprived and thought it would be easier to just say my thing and get away with no mention XD

No offense of course. Honestly, I'm horrible at debates and researching claims before I state them.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22796 on: August 10, 2015, 05:01:11 pm »

Never 4get Arnold, the Ultimate Master of Everything and LSDnades

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22797 on: August 10, 2015, 06:41:31 pm »

Viva la El Captainte! Long live Urist McStation!
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22798 on: August 10, 2015, 06:50:45 pm »

We made a Gygax and 2 Durands, each ready and waiting to destroy all enemies...

and we sent them to CentComm via the Cargo shuttle for money.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22799 on: August 10, 2015, 06:52:27 pm »

Viva la El Captainte! Long live Urist McStation!
El Personello does not agree with your employment policy. Capitán! How can a true blooded human find a job when flocks of lizards are constantly arriving on our station?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 1518 1519 [1520] 1521 1522 ... 1654