Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118573 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13485 on: January 25, 2014, 02:16:14 pm »

But... Thats vandalism...

Just spam requests at them.

Hey, ninja!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13486 on: January 25, 2014, 02:32:42 pm »

Why would turning off APCs make the station NOT fry?

Also slag is already in the game.
If you try to smelt multiple things at once and those things aren't plasma and iron, you get slag but it's completely useless.

Also ling arm blades can be used in the place of surgical saws in brain removal surgeries, if you didn't know yet.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13487 on: January 25, 2014, 02:35:56 pm »

Doctor Ling, MD
All payments made in DNA.

"Are you one of them Chinese doctors?"
"You could say that..."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13488 on: January 25, 2014, 02:38:33 pm »

I had a useless Roboticist anyway that particular round. The few times I'm borg there's nobody in science or nobody willing. I don't hesitate to upgrade borg batteries or help them out if RD/Roboticist/Engineer. It's part of your job and doesn't take that long.

And then you get those meta-dicks that insist no one can tamper with their panel, or enter upload. RD and Captain have access to upload for a reason, and Roboticists, RD, and Captain can access the Borg panel for a reason too.
I remember one game where the AI refused to let me enter upload without another person.

That was VERY annoying. Not sure if it was against the rules, though.

I was captain, BTW.

I will freely admit that I will abuse the everloving fuck out of my admin powers to torture people that do this. I just find it to be a pretty shit awful line of argument. "You could upload harmful laws." Yes, and your laws could malfunction without proper, sanctioned repairs and maintenance. Both are JUST as dangerous. Have you tried being watchful when they enter your upload? You know you have turrets right?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13489 on: January 25, 2014, 02:46:30 pm »

"Why are you picking up that One Human circuitboard, Dave?"

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13490 on: January 25, 2014, 02:56:14 pm »

I had a useless Roboticist anyway that particular round. The few times I'm borg there's nobody in science or nobody willing. I don't hesitate to upgrade borg batteries or help them out if RD/Roboticist/Engineer. It's part of your job and doesn't take that long.

And then you get those meta-dicks that insist no one can tamper with their panel, or enter upload. RD and Captain have access to upload for a reason, and Roboticists, RD, and Captain can access the Borg panel for a reason too.
I remember one game where the AI refused to let me enter upload without another person.

I was captain, BTW.
That line of logic is a BS12 SOP buried somewhere obscure. The upload can only be entered by authorized personnel accompanied by another head or a security officer if one is not available.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13491 on: January 25, 2014, 03:21:46 pm »

But last time I checked we don't use Bay SOP? Might be wrong though, never actually played on Bay.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13492 on: January 25, 2014, 03:32:44 pm »

Oh by the way, ling arm blades got merged, so the next time Vactor updates changelings will be more ROBUST.

That's assuming someone merges /tg/ again. Also, small nifty thing, diluting things makes them look diluted now, since alpha channel merging is merged. Also, water is greyish-transparent and not blue now.

I merge /tg/ pretty much every other day.

But last time I checked we don't use Bay SOP? Might be wrong though, never actually played on Bay.

We don't. We technically use /tg/'s, but I'm planning on writing our own to end the confusion.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #13493 on: January 25, 2014, 03:37:03 pm »

Anyone on atm? one time I went on yesterday there was one guy on...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13494 on: January 25, 2014, 03:39:37 pm »

Anyone on atm? one time I went on yesterday there was one guy on...

Nope. Just us seventeen people :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13495 on: January 25, 2014, 04:09:18 pm »

I was captain, BTW.
I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Any human in the upload is capable of uploading harmful laws. The AI's FIRST law is to prevent harm, only second is to obey orders. If the captain's intention is to upload a non-harmful law or fix something then he should surely be able to get another head to accompany him to be safe.
Interpretation in a case like this should be left to the AI, some bullshit admin decision one way or the other will just make things restrictive and unfun.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #13496 on: January 25, 2014, 04:12:52 pm »

Wait, what? So what IP shall I use to connect?

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13497 on: January 25, 2014, 04:57:20 pm »

Look at the OP. The first IP.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13498 on: January 25, 2014, 04:57:34 pm »

Wait, what? So what IP shall I use to connect?

The one in the OP.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13499 on: January 25, 2014, 06:52:53 pm »

Server died?
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1654