Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118257 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13515 on: January 25, 2014, 10:07:25 pm »

YES.

THEY DEREV YOU.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13516 on: January 25, 2014, 10:45:51 pm »

And Glorious revolutionaries rejoiced, as the tyrant HoS jumped out the shuttle as it ejected from the station, dying a cold, harsh death in space.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13517 on: January 25, 2014, 10:47:02 pm »

YES.

THEY DEREV YOU.
I mean in rounds where there's no rev game mechanics. Loyalty implants make you not an antag, but do you have to actually roleplay loyalty?

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13518 on: January 25, 2014, 10:49:18 pm »

I don't know about trying these RP-Revs, because back when the server was newish people seemed to be able to actually roleplay it out instead of going straight to 'lelkill'. Heck I was sleeptox'ed and had a poly acid bomb tossed at me before we were thirty minutes into it.

If someone else wants to try RP-Rev (you have my most sincere sympathy) feel free. I lost pretty much all heart to it at this point.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13519 on: January 25, 2014, 10:54:45 pm »

Yeah, the polyacid was stupid and I shouldn't have done that on an RP round. Know knowing i caused you to feel that way makes me even more "oh shit why did I full retard".

I should have used Mindbreaker. I seem to always have trouble with the longer/less obvious rounds, because I jump straight to lethality every single time. Facepalm.

My original idea was better/less stupidly lethal, and it was to get a voice activated version of what I chucked at you inside of me, then detonate it in a cell. Didn't find the voicey thing, then proceeded to derp. Majorly.

I'm going to just completely stop touching polyacid from here on out though unless i'm a traitor, and I keep forgetting exactly how lethal it is. Hindsight is 20/20 and I was a dick.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13520 on: January 25, 2014, 11:22:09 pm »

Yeah, polyacid smoke is pretty much a "fuck everything" button. TBH though, I like the idea of RP Rev, because it seems like it makes for more interesting interactions than "lelflash" "lelimplant". Still runs into the concern of people who aren't familiar with (didn't bother to read) server rules metaing or murderbonering, but that's going to be a problem with any sort of conflict.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13521 on: January 26, 2014, 01:33:54 am »

YES.

THEY DEREV YOU.
I mean in rounds where there's no rev game mechanics. Loyalty implants make you not an antag, but do you have to actually roleplay loyalty?

Loyalty implants remove your will and make you undyingly loyal to Nanotrasen. SO yes, you would have to roleplay loyalty and help the heads unless said heads are OBVIOUSLY traitors(I.E HoP says, "DEATH TO NANOTRASEN")

-edit-

Also, implants don't de-antag. Everyone but revs are assumed to have training, genetic abilities or othersuch thing to resist the implant. So an implanted traitor keeps traitoring, but a converted rev is with sec. Revheads are immune.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13522 on: January 26, 2014, 01:50:50 am »

Okay, I admit I was completely bullshitting when I got implanted. To be honest I had no idea how to RP it and I was a bit ticked off when I got implanted without even joining the riot, so I'm glad the admins were lenient with me. Now I know how much the implants affect your freewill, I'l try to do better next time. Sorry about that guys.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13523 on: January 26, 2014, 04:52:19 am »

I didn't really have much of a clue as of how the implant worked either, and I sorta started faltering at the end.

So loyalty implants are the ones given to all the Sec that show up as the N on the SecHud right? Because that would be rather awkward if I RPed the same as today while as a sec officer...
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13524 on: January 26, 2014, 06:25:47 am »

@Cheedows

Sorry, we thought you WERE one.

And I imagine that if you're resisting the implant it goes full on mindslave, if you're willing or just not disaloyal it just prevents mind control(that isn't it)

-
For posterity.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:27:56 am by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13525 on: January 26, 2014, 08:34:06 am »

Giacom has quit /tg/station.

This means that erro is going to be headcoder.
Invest in drama, I guarantee you it will go up by 5000% procent VERY soon.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:46:32 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13526 on: January 26, 2014, 09:06:01 am »

Does this mean no updates in a very long time?

Man In Zero G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13527 on: January 26, 2014, 09:13:54 am »

That really sucks about Giacom - I've always liked the vast majority of his work and ideas. It's a shame to see him go... but let's be honest, nobody really quits. Even when you think you're out, years later, it. sucks. you. back. in.

Errorage is a good coder, but an unpleasant and childish person who enjoys troll-baiting his detractors (until it's not fun anymore and he throws a fit) and pretending he's the smartest man in the room (he rarely is, but most people have learned not to call him on his bullshit anymore). While I'm sure his contributions as headcoder will for the most part improve the game dramatically - he really does care about making the game the best it can be - GOD HELP US when he makes something that actually does suck again.
Quote from: Toady One
Their lack of eyes should stop them from crying.
Just watching dwarves make poor decisions repeatedly as I fix their little minds...
I haven't checked since I'm not doing bugs until after the release (well, I'm doing bugs, in the additive sense).

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13528 on: January 26, 2014, 09:38:33 am »

Does this mean no updates in a very long time?
No, but Gia was one of the oldest maintainers and generally very valuable.

I have mixed feelings about erro. He's not a bad guy, but I don't really want him to be headcoder.

Furthermore, erro cannot stand Numbers and vica versa. Also he doesn't go on IRC anymore AT ALL. I hope he starts going to coderbus again. At least we still have Cheridan.

And yes, one cannot truely quit 2d spesshmans. It's the reason erro is still here. Gia will be back, but in the meantime we'll have one helluva ride.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13529 on: January 26, 2014, 01:04:36 pm »

Fuck.

Fuck fuck fuck.

Why did Gia leave?
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 1654