Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118116 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10845 on: October 17, 2013, 08:21:15 pm »

Personally I say that forcing people to read WGW is fun. That has to happen more often.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10846 on: October 17, 2013, 08:35:49 pm »

Escape Alone has tons of potential for fun, as long as you approach it from the perspective of "How can I make this really funny" and not "How will I ever manage to great success, oh teh noes!?". If you're just trying to complete it there's a myriad of ways to make Escape wing unfeasible, ranging from blowing it up to threatening to blow it up to lighting it on fire. Or, if you aren't me, a few dozen other things. A really fun thing to do is to secure yourself in Escape with a hostage (weld+emag the entrances, emag the shuttle as soon as it arrives), act like you're going to let them live, and then jump into hard vacuum with them at the last second.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10847 on: October 17, 2013, 08:57:13 pm »

Hopefully with a hardsuit. Using the RCD works too.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10848 on: October 17, 2013, 09:11:07 pm »

I apologize to Jay, who I killed because I frogot to turn off traitor.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10849 on: October 17, 2013, 09:21:11 pm »

Introducing Tall Man Sacred.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10850 on: October 17, 2013, 09:27:59 pm »

Kind of ticked off about the last round I played, so I figure I'll blow off steam by posting what happened

- Non-traitor geneticist. I'm hoping to get hulk which I've only done once before.
- Complete the boring research bit and get an injector with all the powers. Had to lose my own hulk doing so, but hey, that's my job right? After all, I've only once got to play a hulk before but once I've got them all I can always give myself any powers I want later
- Instead of just going "TEL DUMB HULK NOW!!" I decide to give people a bit of fun by offering powers to characters who don't seem to be involved in griefing/dodgy activities. That's before I go through the repeated-injections process to get hulk activated on myself.
- Meet the detective in the corridor. He seems polite and as a member of security I figure he's not likely to go nuts with powers and start breaking stuff.
- Ask him if he wants to help me test and injector. He agrees
- Tell him I'm trying for optical enhancement but there's a risk of side-effects like skin discoloration or a yellow glow. This is just RP by the way - the injector contains only powers which I believe are generally all viewed as Good Things
- RP the tratment e.g. I ask him to roll up his sleeve and he removes his coat - this isn't me stunning him and going LOLInjector! or anything
- give him the injector. He gets Hulk and something else - CR or TK.
- Bit of RP with him acting freaked out about the skin colour change. I offer to undo the changes. He refuses (understandably - I don't really expect people to request de-powering)
- He breaks a wall and leaves... not too chuffed about the vandalism but it's hardly a huge problem
- Give powers to the clown and RD. While some people might question the clown thing this was actually massively justified as the clown would end up saving many lives that shift. Absolute hero clown. This is Honkington by the way. I'd also got him to repair the broken wall and I'd been prepared to refuse powers if he started messing up the office or whatever, but he did it without making an annoyance of himself.
- The RD wants TK+Xray which has something like a 7% chance of activating so lots of injecting. I go to chemistry to top up my anti-rads.
- Two guys show up wearing the horse & pig masks. I use a bruise pack on one who has a shotgun as he's badly hurt. This is the NON-ANTAG barkeeper. The other one is the NON-ANTAG detective I gave powers to earlier. They go away but come back a few seconds later and ask for healing again - they're still slightly wounded.
- The moment I open the door to the medbay lobby the bartender shoots me and then they both kick me until I'm in crit. The detective shouts something about "turning us into freaks"
- I have no idea how the detective managed to find a helper for this attack considering neither were antags. I have trouble finding murder-buddies even when I'm a traitor with codewords. Maybe they're RL friends, or maybe he went around recruiting griefers IC. I don't know.
- They strip off most of my stuff, take my jumpsuit and ID
- Dragged to research lobby and I think dumped in disposals there
- The clown rescues me and takes me to medbay. The only other medical staff member is not around (he's a traitor, though I don't know this). It takes absolutely ages to get me healed probably due to the clown and RD's lack of access. I nearly die but am healed just in time
- Get an admin question about the bartender -presumably they're onto him as a griefer, but I assume the detective is a traitor because I think I recognise the character name as one I've seen playing before.
- The chemist shows up in medbay and he gets me a spare jumpsuit. I still have no ID so there's not much I can do. That said, this is so soon after I was healed that I haven't got round to picking up my shoes and backpack yet when....
- The detective shows up in medbay wearing my ID. I run from him and he chases me all the way to the brig, slashing at me with a scalpel. Luckily the warden is outside the brig so the detective runs away.
- Luckily there's a HoP. They agree to give me a new ID. I go to their office and get one
- Just as I'm about to leave the HoP's office the detective shows up again and slashes me into crit with a circular saw. I don't try to run because I'm right in front of the HoP and I don't want to end up getting killed in some dark corner where no-one will find the body
- HoP scares off the detective and takes me to medbay. Again it takes ages to get healed - I think they wanted to cryo me but it wasn't set up. Lie in genetics long enough to go from "only-just-critted" to "within-moments-of-death". Very boring.
- The clown and a few others eventually bring me back. I'm able to get my kit
- Called over to the brig. The detective has been captured and arrested. People prepare to give them a trial but the player (Something like Spooce) says on OOC they have a family emergency and logs off before it can start. This also means they're not online for the big reveal at the end - until then I'd assumed they were a traitor and I was their murder target.
- Shuttle called and we evacuate.

Anyway, basically I did the boring "click on the hex digit" genetics research thing and when I try to do other players a favour by letting them play with the powers one of them uses it as an excuse to repeatedly try to kill me. I spend most of the round in crit or trying to recover the things they stole from me so it was pretty much a boring waste of two hours or so. It'd be fine if they were a traitor but for a non-antag I think that's really out of line.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10851 on: October 17, 2013, 11:15:16 pm »

So it turns out I impersonated Jay Wright flawlessly and even made a Firefly reference during it.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10852 on: October 17, 2013, 11:18:46 pm »

So it turns out I impersonated Jay Wright flawlessly and even made a Firefly reference during it.

You also murdered my survivalist assistant in the field of honorable robust combat, in my own base too!, and then I had the enjoyment to watch you use my base to murder even more people.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10853 on: October 17, 2013, 11:59:34 pm »

I just lost as a traitor despite killing my target twice. Twice.
I think you only killed me once. They saved me the second time.
BUt I am not sure, as my computer glitched at that moment.

I just played as traitor AI. Thanks to a rather effective borg, two of three objectives were a success. I do not know what happened to Clint Westwood, but aliens got on the shuttle (partly my fault - I opened a door). I expected a more negative outcome. Sorry if  Iruined anyone's round.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10854 on: October 18, 2013, 12:00:07 am »

It was actually quite impressive.

*Protip, yell fuck more, and act like you own that station (because technically, you made it...) you ARE the epitome of style, and badass, and you are the embodiment of CentComm. Also, call people son, or lad, or lass, because obviously you are also very wise. Also, don't die (like I did), it's bad for the rep :P

And that's the definitive guide to being Jay Wright.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10855 on: October 18, 2013, 01:00:29 am »

I just lost as a traitor despite killing my target twice. Twice.
I think you only killed me once. They saved me the second time.
BUt I am not sure, as my computer glitched at that moment.

I just played as traitor AI. Thanks to a rather effective borg, two of three objectives were a success. I do not know what happened to Clint Westwood, but aliens got on the shuttle (partly my fault - I opened a door). I expected a more negative outcome. Sorry if  Iruined anyone's round.

Clint got faceraped by me. Even if you didn't open the door, it was seconds from crumbling anyway from my acid.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10856 on: October 18, 2013, 02:48:32 am »

Always fun to run around as a hacked medical borg dispensing acid into peoples faces!

Plus getting beaten to a non-functional state by snacks and oxygen tanks was an amusing way to go.

Fun round.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10857 on: October 18, 2013, 01:12:59 pm »

So, following on from my questions about the singularity and SMESes (thank you all for that!), now I'm moving on to the wonderful world of Atmospherics.  And by 'wonderful' I mean 'I have already managed to kill myself by accidentally unleashing a combination of plasma and N2O into my own face'.

Question 1: do the mixer/filter next to the storage area (see screenshot below) actually do anything?  If so, how?  I have previously wrenched in a full N2O tank and a full plasma tank into the 'inputs' to the mixer, and have wrenched in an empty tank to the 'output', but couldn't work out how to actually get them to mix in whatever proportion.  I assume I'm missing something dead simple?

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

Question 2: I did manage to get a tank full of N2O and plasma (by using the actual mix loop, go me!), but then upon attempting to get some of it into an internals oxygen tank (for nefarious treachery purposes) I managed to...well, apparently open the big tank without having the internals one attached, despite the fact that I'm sure I'd done it correctly as I've used big O2 tanks to refill my internals before without issue (and have refilled plasma tanks too), so I'm sure I followed all the right steps (i.e. place internals tank in big tank, access big tank interface, set release pressure, open valve, close valve, remove internals tank).  Missing something here too?

Question 3: how do you empty a damn internals tank without actually breathing your way through all the gas in it?  I was trying to find/make an empty one so that I could fill it up with my little lethal concoction, but couldn't find one anywhere...and it won't let me wander around with the valve open and turned up full because the game thinks I want to breathe from any open O2 tank I'm carrying!  ::)

Note: I actually want to learn this so I can be a good atmospheric technician, not so I can "lolz I flood station wiv plasma!!1!".  My less pleasant mixing activities above were simply step one in an intricate, deliberate traitor plan that unfortunately never got off the ground because I blasted myself in the face with the resulting gas.  :-[

Edit: to add screenshot.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:14:44 pm by jhxmt »
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10858 on: October 18, 2013, 01:13:16 pm »

Why must everything fun happen when my power goes out?
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10859 on: October 18, 2013, 01:14:29 pm »

Question 3: how do you empty a damn internals tank without actually breathing your way through all the gas in it?  I was trying to find/make an empty one so that I could fill it up with my little lethal concoction, but couldn't find one anywhere...and it won't let me wander around with the valve open and turned up full because the game thinks I want to breathe from any open O2 tank I'm carrying!  ::)

Set it on the ground and drag it to your sprite? I don't know, but that's my first guess.
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 1654