Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117885 times)

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10860 on: October 18, 2013, 01:20:11 pm »

Mmmmm...   Empty server....   *Totally not a badly disguised Simpsons reference.*
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10861 on: October 18, 2013, 01:31:30 pm »

Question 3: how do you empty a damn internals tank without actually breathing your way through all the gas in it?  I was trying to find/make an empty one so that I could fill it up with my little lethal concoction, but couldn't find one anywhere...and it won't let me wander around with the valve open and turned up full because the game thinks I want to breathe from any open O2 tank I'm carrying!  ::)

1. Find an air scrubber (the large white ones, like the one in Toxins).
2. Attach the tank to the scrubber.
3. Set the scrubber to the maximum rate.
4. Turn the scrubber on.
5. Turn the scrubber off.
6. Remove the tank.
7. Voila! Empty tank.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10862 on: October 18, 2013, 01:49:28 pm »

Tomorrow I may write up a guide on Atmos. Atmos facinates me. Now I have to watch a movie

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10863 on: October 18, 2013, 02:01:20 pm »

Tomorrow I may write up a guide on Atmos. Atmos facinates me. Now I have to watch a movie

And after typing that last "e" his pinkie automatically hit "enter" and he stood up, his chair falling over as he glided toward the DVD player.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10864 on: October 18, 2013, 03:51:41 pm »

Actually,  I watched today's episode of Midsomer Murders on the TV.
No such thing as Netflix in Belgium.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: October 18, 2013, 03:55:12 pm »

Random info: older episodes of Midsomer Murders were filmed not far from my (old/childhood) house.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10866 on: October 18, 2013, 03:57:45 pm »

Spoiler: totally random. (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10867 on: October 18, 2013, 04:24:34 pm »

Question 3: how do you empty a damn internals tank without actually breathing your way through all the gas in it?  I was trying to find/make an empty one so that I could fill it up with my little lethal concoction, but couldn't find one anywhere...and it won't let me wander around with the valve open and turned up full because the game thinks I want to breathe from any open O2 tank I'm carrying!  ::)

4. Turn the scrubber on.
6. Remove the tank.
7. Voila! Empty tank.
That just reminded me of another evil execution method, either as traitor, or because of the evulz:

Working toxins, replace all the emergency oxy tanks with superheated CO2. Or use a scrubber to just remove the impurities, but keep the superheat (not much needed to cap off regular O2, but enough to super-heat it; 1000, and just toss in the remaining 5.).

Imagine how that must feel, moments before demise.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:27:53 pm by Itnetlolor »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10868 on: October 18, 2013, 05:09:18 pm »

OOC: Diabeetus404: Malachi tries to do something, but those bastard vending machines steal his thunder

Summary of that round.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10869 on: October 18, 2013, 07:03:46 pm »

4. Turn the scrubber on.
6. Remove the tank.
7. Voila! Empty tank.
That just reminded me of another evil execution method, either as traitor, or because of the evulz:

Working toxins, replace all the emergency oxy tanks with superheated CO2. Or use a scrubber to just remove the impurities, but keep the superheat (not much needed to cap off regular O2, but enough to super-heat it; 1000, and just toss in the remaining 5.).

Another fun assassination method: if your target works Toxins, spacesuit up and build a grille in front of the mass driver.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10870 on: October 18, 2013, 07:09:35 pm »

4. Turn the scrubber on.
6. Remove the tank.
7. Voila! Empty tank.

Another fun assassination method: if your target works Toxins, spacesuit up and build a grille in front of the mass driver.

That only works if they're incompetent, though. I can't fathom why you wouldn't use a remote signaler for your trial, or what reason there would be to not check the range cameras before you set it off. :|

3. Run Resize Enable

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #10871 on: October 18, 2013, 09:51:06 pm »

4. Turn the scrubber on.
6. Remove the tank.
7. Voila! Empty tank.

That only works if they're incompetent, though. I can't fathom why you wouldn't use a remote signaler for your trial, or what reason there would be to not check the range cameras before you set it off. :|
If you work toxins for a long enough time (or if you're me), you get lazy and just throw a thirty second timer on your bomb so you don't have to muck around with the signaler menu. I've only died by having the mass driver not opening once luckily and that was only because I didn't realize the power was out.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10872 on: October 18, 2013, 10:37:38 pm »

Eh, maybe it's just me. I've always been (and I suspect always will be) the sort of person who takes reasonable precautions even when they're used to the task at hand. Like, for example, changing the codes and frequencies on my bombs before they're completed, just in case someone decides to spam a few signals. And checking the bomb range cameras. That's basically zero effort; if the mass driver fires, check the camera. If there's no bomb, get the hell out of Toxins (if it's on a timer)/attempt to retrieve it if it isn't.

That aside, a timer for a test bomb takes longer to test, is riskier to use, and takes nearly as many clicks to build as a remote-detonated one. :|

3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10873 on: October 19, 2013, 02:13:20 am »

It's fun to explore the concept of kindness as an AI. And more than a little fun to talk about how opening doors activates your pleasure sensors.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: October 19, 2013, 09:25:19 am »

server is updated and back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 1654