Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116744 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #8895 on: August 13, 2013, 03:20:38 pm »

Why does it have a reason for denial stamp below the approved stamp?

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: August 13, 2013, 03:29:32 pm »

Why does it have a reason for denial stamp below the approved stamp?
I don't want to explain the whole backstory of Kert Jonson. But basically he has a few friends in Nanotrasen. I was going to put more stamps because he was fired a few times.

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: August 13, 2013, 03:35:43 pm »

Spoiler: Passport (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 03:37:25 pm by MCipher »
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: August 13, 2013, 04:10:47 pm »

No one questions why Vlad's date of birth is redacted and why the expiration date says 'when the vodka runs out'

Seems legit
Perhaps its because everything is stamped 1982.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8899 on: August 13, 2013, 04:35:05 pm »

Passports, huh? Me next, me next! Gonna put some backstory up too I suppose.

Shika Maru
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

C.O.N.F.U.S.E.D.

B BORG, BEST BORG

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: August 13, 2013, 05:35:20 pm »

Make delicious microwaved meals for whole crew, get random space madness or plague or drugs in the food from science, hallucinate Alyson Saylor repeatedly attacking me, head to escape pod in dorms, warn everyone away, lest space madness force me to attack on sight.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: August 13, 2013, 05:40:32 pm »

Make delicious microwaved meals for whole crew, get random space madness or plague or drugs in the food from science, hallucinate Alyson Saylor repeatedly attacking me, head to escape pod in dorms, warn everyone away, lest space madness force me to attack on sight.

Heh, no, it wasn't Science. I added some GBS blood to the food.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

M3hillus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: August 13, 2013, 05:45:41 pm »

It was kinda funny because I was lost in space when you started accusing me of trying to kill you.

I also learned that the Mech Fire extinguisher doesn't give thrust. Found the white-ship, explored it, Gundam launched my Ripley, Smashed into the derelict, Gundam launched again, wound up BACK at the white-ship, launch and hit the mining asteroid. And make it back to the station to catch the shuttle. Was a good round for me, ha ha.
'He can't even drive a car!'
'Perfect!'

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8903 on: August 13, 2013, 06:36:43 pm »

Alternate server is now back up, although bandwidth remains at 1 Mbps, so it'll probably still be fairly laggy.

KG

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: August 13, 2013, 07:34:14 pm »

It was kinda funny because I was lost in space when you started accusing me of trying to kill you.

Drugs everywhere!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: August 13, 2013, 07:37:03 pm »

That, and the fact that no damage was done, even though I was hit in the head like ten times with a pickaxe, is what led me to the diagnosis of space madness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCiZpph9jo

Seriously, the insanity was going to cause me to attack anyone who came into that pod.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: August 13, 2013, 07:43:18 pm »

Hahahaha, another in a long line of things that make me wonder why we play a /tg/ branch as opposed to BS12:

http://baystation12.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8498&view=unread&sid=60c13c91e3ee6ffeb627925cb6fc3709#unread

For those who are lazy, it`s basically Metacide talking about how he wants to port his map over, because

Quote from: Metacide
I put it together and maintain it for the most part, and have been playing a lot of BayStation recently. I've really come to like a lot of the features, particularly in medbay. Once I've finished the few goals I have left for MetaStation before it stays relatively stable, I'd quite like to convert it to the BayStation codebase.

And the response seems quite receptive, so who knows.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8907 on: August 13, 2013, 07:53:02 pm »

Hey, inform me if I should take these elsewhere, but this looks active soooo....questions:

I'm trying to host my own server to learn the jobs.
Question 1: How would I use the GUI in the image below?
Question 2: How would I change what station I host?

I've successfully followed the tgstation directions here & have joined my own server, but I don't have any experience with, (and kinda dislike), the default station & GUI.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8908 on: August 13, 2013, 08:05:21 pm »

Spoiler: Got my own (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: And one more for space (click to show/hide)

Reasons for being targeted for assassination:
-Cheated on exams, or a glitch in the system, somehow he's "passed" for being a Chief Medical Officer. He'd do better as a janitor, or captain of a garbage scowl. His inferiors back at the academy aren't a forgiving type.
-Inventing the Chemistry equivalent of Russian Roulette (5 Space Drugs, 1 50u Mindbreaker), and randomly leaving it in random locations; again, old classmates and peers were not amused; especially those who lost.
-Pushing Robust Drugs (and sometimes rigging them with other things).
-Filling a Syndicate shuttle with monkey cubes saturated in mindbreaker toxin before getting fired.
-Cigar(ettes) and thermite don't mix well, especially when lit. Another joke that went south. In hindsight, another bad idea.

Basically, my guy is a lazy bastard that made it through the cracks by mere chance, stumbled through his job previously working with the Syndicate (He didn't know crap about his new position, nor the right channels to get the job; stumbling into working with the Syndicate. It's not even his major in the Academy; so how would he know?), and before getting fired, or more like a practical joke taken too far, he set off a few full-capacity monkey cube boxes with Mindbreaker toxin as a means of hydrating the cubes inside a Syndicate Shuttle before takeoff. Details of the Syndie-Monkey-Shuttle Incident is mostly redacted. Simply put, there's a reason they want him dead for this.

EDIT:
I like the botched stamp on mine. Looks more authentic. Hides the date better without editing.

Corrected how the date was ordered on the newer one.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:16:48 pm by Itnetlolor »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: August 13, 2013, 08:08:32 pm »

Hey, inform me if I should take these elsewhere, but this looks active soooo....questions:

I'm trying to host my own server to learn the jobs.
Question 1: How would I use the GUI in the image below?
Question 2: How would I change what station I host?

I've successfully followed the tgstation directions here & have joined my own server, but I don't have any experience with, (and kinda dislike), the default station & GUI.

1: That's a goon server. We play /tg/. Different code in lots of ways.
2: Using a different map than default: http://wiki.ss13.eu/index.php/MetaStation

If you really want to learn a job, just play. Start at the low end and ask for a boss in a department before round start.
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1654