Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116571 times)

errorage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #8925 on: August 14, 2013, 01:43:26 pm »

I've added Cobrastan, but it really doesn't work well with the font. If someone wants to make a .ttf font from Jorji's passport, be my guest and send me a pm once done.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8926 on: August 14, 2013, 05:23:53 pm »

Five on. We neeeeeed people.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8927 on: August 14, 2013, 08:13:04 pm »

Pre-approved!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8928 on: August 14, 2013, 08:19:20 pm »

You know, three of the four escape pods on this map are in the corner of the map with the singularity.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8929 on: August 14, 2013, 09:16:32 pm »

I survived.

I question the amount of compliance with the "don't kill unless absolutely necessary," rule.
As captain, he had so many other options.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: August 14, 2013, 09:42:49 pm »

That's the eternal quandary. If the traitors stealth it and don't do anything violent or dangerous outside of what is necessary to complete their first objective, people complain about traitors not doing anything. If they do stuff to cause panic and mayhem so that the shuttle will be called, people complain about griffin and murderbonering. That's why I typically try to get the shuttle called either by bombing important but low-pop areas, or by waiting until a random event/other traitor fucks something up and then doing my utmost to foul up attempts to fix the situation without actually attacking the station.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8931 on: August 14, 2013, 09:49:53 pm »

1. No one died permanently until the pods left, and I honestly didn't really expect Nicole to die. Her stun was about to wear off and the door was open.
2. There was SEVERAL occasions where I could have just murdered several people all at once and didn't. (Because that shit is dangerous.)
3. Aiden only died because he was on the same pod as me, and I didn't have handcuffs with me. No, I will NOT keep you on the pod because I feel like being a merciful idiot. That would have been VERY foolish of me. Besides, he was only dead for like two minutes.
4. It's not 'No killing unless absolutely necessary' its 'only kill when you have a reasonable rationale for it.' Small difference there, but it's pretty important. If we say the first, we're needlessly crippling traitors, because now they will be playing the whole round going, "Shit, I can't kill the Captain to get his ID because then I'll get Admin'd for being a griffin." Sometimes people have to die, or it would make the traitor's life VASTLY easier if they died. It happens.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8932 on: August 14, 2013, 09:53:56 pm »

As traitor captain, he could have ensured that all the traitor objectives were met. I have never complained that traitors act secretly - that's part of the set-up of the game, after all. And, again, as captain, it's easy enough to get the shuttle called. Shit, I didn't even mind the whole "sabotage the singu" bit, which is still a bit more than necessary.

Ah, well. At least he only chucked e out an airlock, fully hardsuited, with an O2 tank.but even that was unnecessary for "escape alone" as the captain was the only one with access to security.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: August 14, 2013, 09:57:12 pm »

Head of Personnel had access to Security, and you are SEVERELY underestimating the threat Disarm intent provides. :P But meh... Did you actually die, or did the hardsuit protect you?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8934 on: August 14, 2013, 10:12:03 pm »

As I said,, I survived.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: August 14, 2013, 10:43:52 pm »

People are honestly complaining about agents sent from organizations bent on the destruction of NanoTrasen... killing people? Unacceptable!

I mean, really? If you keep this up it's going to become another BS12 and we all know how well THAT server went.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #8936 on: August 14, 2013, 11:18:01 pm »

People are honestly complaining about agents sent from organizations bent on the destruction of NanoTrasen... killing people? Unacceptable!

I mean, really? If you keep this up it's going to become another BS12 and we all know how well THAT server went.
Holy fuck, time to provide an answer to this discussion again. We don't want to promote antags having a free pass to kill whoever they want. However we're very lenient towards antag killing, because as long as an antag can justify that the person in question needs to die to get his objectives completed (Killing the CMO with the hypospray on him, killing the guy who saw you kill your target, etc.) then we're totally fine with it. Very rarely is this "rule" enforced, which is only in the event someone gets antag and just decides to kill everyone for no reason other than because they're an antag.

Causing panic and chaos is fine, it's totally fine to kill a bunch of people if you need to escape alone, we only ever enforce this rule if an antag is just randomly killing and isn't trying to achieve his objectives. Bombing the bridge because it somehow ties into your objective? Sure, go ahead. Parapenning the mime randomly and spacing him? Not okay.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8937 on: August 14, 2013, 11:35:12 pm »

Disarm kills.

Disarm someone with egun, pick it up before them, stun.

I am painfully, repeatedly, aware of this. Oh, to be on the giving end, rather than the receiving. heh.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8938 on: August 15, 2013, 01:35:48 am »

m3hillus, I don't know if you did get me with mind breaker. I did start seeing and hearing things for a bit there. I thought it was from the drunkenness.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8939 on: August 15, 2013, 02:44:05 am »

Radiation also causes that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 1654